ONE BIG WORLD...

The problem here is that Darth Vader turned bad because of his extreme anger due (I am guessing) the death of his mother or something else equally tragic. Palpatine used that anger to seduce him. He did not turn evil because people shunned him. It just seems quite far fetched.

------------------
"Si hanc sententiam legere potes, tum es
et optime educatus et non habitus vitam."

Btw, I am not requesting a Kingdom or anything since the is pretty much the nine kingdoms by now and its my own fault that I haven't bothered to check this board.

------------------

Does anyone have any better ideas on to make an evil new Xichra?

Your right though lets scrap the old history of Xichra.

How about this as a new history of the new Xichra: (**** stands for her old name)
****'s mother was from the orginal Ninth Kingdom, she was great and powerful. Her father, however, was a Habnabit, weak and feeble minded. Her mother died of a while traveling to the Ninth Kingdom. **** blamed her weak father. She ran off to the Ninth Kingdom, denying that she was ever a Habnabit. She did not arive until the later years of the reign of Xichra. While there she learned a awsome secret. Her mother was the the Dread Queen. When her mother died, the people looked to **** to pick up her mothers mantle. She did and with every evil act she commited her soul becomes harder, and she more deadly.

NOTE: This would all tie into the mysterious Ninth Kingdom. Could the Ninth Kingdom have been planing there ascent to power from the beginning of time? Did they know it was there destiny to control the earth, and that is way they are so determined to make it happen. I think the new Xichra should be smarter and more determined trying to prove her worthiness.

What do you think?

------------------
The election is over, the results are now known;
The will of the people has plainly been shown;
So let's be friends and let differences pass,
I'll hug your elephant and you kiss my ass.

(This message has been edited by Emperor Ent (edited 12-19-2000).)

Would you be ok with a few levels between the Home Level and the First Kingdom?

------------------
The election is over, the results are now known;
The will of the people has plainly been shown;
So let's be friends and let differences pass,
I'll hug your elephant and you kiss my ass.

Originally posted by LoneIgadzra:
**Btw, I am not requesting a Kingdom or anything since the is pretty much the nine kingdoms by now and its my own fault that I haven't bothered to check this board.

Maybe you could share a kingdom with someone.
Kingdoms could have more than one leaders.

------------------
"Give me a large enough hard drive, a fast enough modem, and I can download the web!"

Originally posted by aschaaf_86:
**Kingdoms could have more than one leader.

Maybe there could be two leaders battling for the throne and one will help Ferazel and one won't. That way, whether or not you get an extra bar of health from that kingdom relies on the user picking the correct leader and helping them.

Aschaaf, It's so close to my final copy of Summit Plummit, and I've already found an extra bug. When you step on the secret teleporter, you don't teleport. Could you please fix it? It's simple. (I think this is what I did) just move the secret spot for the Gold Key down a couple pixels. This is easier than e-mailing you again. 🙂 Thanx.

------------------
Your pet poodle is flying loop-de-loops over my microchips! The poodle is coming! The poodle is coming! (Don't ask 🙂 )

Sorry, but I won't be able to post for a while. I have a huge book report due tomorrow, and I'll start posting again after it's done.

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!
Cythera's 'Team Stories' Rock!

I don't think my planned quantity of levels (Ä…3) will be enough for a kingdom. Perhaps someone could aquire my levels as part of a sub-kingdom or something...

------------------
MAGNETIC POEM #455
twice in a dream i visioned
nerds content with empowering
man and space

Originally posted by spamguy:
**I don't think my planned quantity of levels (Ä…3) will be enough for a kingdom. Perhaps someone could aquire my levels as part of a sub-kingdom or something...

Or else the rest of us could make some levels for your kingdom.

------------------
"Give me a large enough hard drive, a fast enough modem, and I can download the web!"

Sorry, but I won't be able to post for a while. I have a huge book report due tomorrow, and I'll start posting again after it's done.

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!
Cythera's 'Team Stories' Rock!

I have worked out an awesome design for a level, but it requires the ice terrain to work properly (it used slipperyness to create the challenge). I'm not sure what can be done with it. Right now it would work as a first level to any number of plots quite nicely, but the secret system could easily be redone to fit into a kingdom somewhere. Most of the design work is inspired by games such as Mario World and Donkey Kong Country 2.

Its just as well that I came late to the party because my inspiration will wear off long before I can finish a kingdom.

I'd like to work on the actual creation of the level so you all can see it, but I am running into a problem with the paralax background. I need the level to be about 220 tiles wide and 100 tiles high and use the graphics and just about everything else from Ice Conoclasm, but Ice Conoclasm is only 60 tiles high so when I paste the level info in, the background get's messed up as a scroll down. Is there any way I can extend the background to fill the required 100 tiles?

------------------

Btw, that new plot sounds much better, but I believe things should be a little simpler. I am quite bad at writing things like this, but I have an idea that something like the plots of the Zelda games might be in order. I personally never felt like realistic non-fantasy villains created that emotional involvement in the game very well. I'd also reccomend looking to The Lord of the Rings for inspiration.

------------------

**I'd also reccomend looking to The Lord of the Rings for inspiration.

Good idea.

--------------------------------

I was originally going to say that ~4 levels could be a kingdom. Then I remembered the original idea of this world. The main goal is to make it BIG! I believe...

Whoops... I just multiplied it out. ~5 levels each will make a 50 level world. Never mind, I think 5 levels is just fine for a kingdom. 🙂 (Counting bosses) 🙂 (not counting secret levels) 🙂 (counting the ninth kingdom) 🙂 (not counting bonus level) 🙂 (counting Xichra) 🙂 I think there should be one secret level and 8 hidden bonus levels. There should also be one not-hidden bonus level right before the ninth kingdom. This makes ~60 levels! Quote myself: "This will be the hugest world EVER!! Ha ha ha..."

We will oficially be the first to make 60 levels!

------------------
Your pet poodle is flying loop-de-loops over my microchips! The poodle is coming! The poodle is coming! (Don't ask 🙂 )

Originally posted by AVN:
**We will oficially be the first to make 60 levels!

Horay!!

------------------

**Is there any way I can extend the background to fill the required 100 tiles?

Yes. Defenitly.
Look at the background from the third fire level. It doesn't move at all.
However, I don't know very much about how to edit the background.

I highly recommend using an image editing program to design your levels first.

------------------

I do use and image editing program, although I prefer to draw the levels first - Its so much more convenient...

I was just trying to get a level file created that I can just paste my FG Tileset into.

------------------

(This message has been edited by LoneIgadzra (edited 12-20-2000).)

Originally posted by aschaaf_86:
**I highly recommend using an image editing program to design your levels first.

I would if I could figure out how to paste a BG map and Xichron map. Neither of these work.

------------------

Originally posted by AVN:
**I would if I could figure out how to paste a BG map and Xichron map. Neither of these work.

I can't get them to work either.

------------------

Insert ultra-cynicism here:

I don't think this will go through. How many super-universe projects have been proposed in EVOverride, and how many have actually been fully produced and released?

I think I'm going to put a cap on this topic when it passes 200 posts, regardless how how many love their big topics. In the words of Groucho Marx, "Lady, I love my cigar but I take it out of my mouth once in a while." 🙂

------------------
MAGNETIC POEM #455
twice in a dream i visioned
nerds content with empowering
man and space

Are you in favor of moving to another site, scrapping the whole thing, or just being sarcastic?

------------------
So enthusiastic, a little bit drastic,
I shaved her name in my head,
And as she beheld it, she said I misspelled it,
Need more be said? Barenaked Ladies- These Apples

(This message has been edited by Bob the Mediocre (edited 12-20-2000).)