ONE BIG WORLD...

Originally posted by Emperor Ent:
**Cave Kingdom (Kingdom 1): aschaaf_86

Hey! Mine is the Ice Kingdom.

**Personaly, I think all the levels should be new.

You mean I shouldn't use levels from Andrew's World 0.1?

**Also, once we settle who makes which kingdoms, I think we should post our idividual plot ideas and try to mesh them togheter as best as possible. We arlready have a big storyline, but the smaller ones should kind of fit togther with no big conflicts.

OK, I'll try to think of one.

Originally posted by AVN:
**Just like I think (whoever owns this kingdom can disagree) that Ice should give him the Ice Wall Spell.

I agree.
However, I DO NOT WANT FERAZEL TO GET ANY MAX MAGIC/HEALTH CRYSTALS UNTIL HE HAS COMPLETED ALL 8 KINGDOMS AND THE LOST MINES!!
I think a perm flag should be set when Ferazel completes all 8 kingdoms, and the kingdom rulers would give Ferazel gifts and a key to a room with max health/magic crystals (or maybe the non-max magic/health gifts could be given earlier) only when that perm flag was set.

**Are we agreed this shall be the final main plot?

I agree.
This decision is irreversible.
However, that could change. 🙂

------------------
"Give me a large enough hard drive, a fast enough modem, and I can download the web!"

Since we're finalizing many things:
Who here thinks the name of the founder of the Lost Mines should be Captin Crowley?
Also, should it be part of a kingdom? What would link to it?

I think it should not be a kingdom, and should be linked to from an ice level.

------------------
"Give me a large enough hard drive, a fast enough modem, and I can download the web!"

Originally posted by aschaaf_86:
**Since we're finalizing many things:
Who here thinks the name of the founder of the Lost Mines should be Captin Crowley?

I think that would be a good idea.

Originally posted by aschaaf_86: **
Also, should it be part of a kingdom? What would link to it?

I think it shouldn't be a part of a kingdom, and maybe I could link to it.

**I think it should not be a kingdom, and should be linked to from an ice level.

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!
Cythera's 'Team Stories' Rock!

(This message has been edited by ferazel_09 (edited 12-18-2000).)

Something else is that you should remove all links to the One Big World homepage because I'm making a secure page on my server that has a username/password protected link to the site. I'll e-mail everyone the username and password in a bit. However, the link is (url="http://"http://www.sharky.org/obw/default.html")here(/url).

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!

Originally posted by ferazel_09:
**Something else is that you should remove all links to the One Big World homepage because I'm making a secure page on my server that has a username/password protected link to the site.

What's the point of that?
All the information on the site is already in this topic.

------------------

Another question:

How shold computers be used in this world?
I'd like to have my ruler using an iMac when Ferazel meets him.

------------------

**I'd like to have my ruler using an iMac when Ferazel meets him.

Me too! What color will your kingdom's be? Mine will be grape. Or tangerine. Or maybe graphite, or...

Ok, never mind. I haven't decided. I do think, however, that computers should not tie into the game too much.

The problem with no health/magic crystals is that what are left to... (whoops never mind)...

How about instead of the Xichron toll we have a Gwendolyn or Algernon toll. Maybe it could be uh, one hidden Gwendolyn and one hidden Algernon per kingdom?
It would be cooler. Here is my thinking:

1. Xichrons all are over. Too easy to get.
2. Players are probobally sick of red xichrons by now.
3. Red Xichrons can be achieved my getting something else. Algernons can't.
4. Just plain cooler looking.
5. Please! They aren't used and I want to use them!

Or, we could use something else. Do algernons and gwendolyns fly? Or do they drop to the ground? Anything that isn't used that flies and looks cool I think would be better that Xichrons.

------------------
Your pet poodle is flying loop-de-loops over my microchips! The poodle is coming! The poodle is coming! (Don't ask 🙂 )

I don't think their should be much technology in the world, stick to what was in the orginal. However, I think it would be acceptable to have him using a iMac in a secret level, as long as it's subtle is what I am saying. Also I am not sure if there should be a Captain Cowry's Mines. I like the level plan I set up in one of my past posts; Ferazel must escape, ect. Also, I don't think the secret level(s) should have zero enemies. I don't think there should be many secret levels, max 3. Finally, I think there should be some health/magic bonuses before Xichra. aschaff_86, maybe your Kingdom could come before others.

Finally (I mean it this time,) anyone who has arguements with the plot please say so now. Otherwise it will be final.

------------------
The election is over, the results are now known;
The will of the people has plainly been shown;
So let's be friends and let differences pass,
I'll hug your elephant and you kiss my ass.

I don't think Algeron's fly. I also think we should stick to Xichrons. However, Algeron's could be an essential part of your kingdom. That's what I was going to do in a level in Extemperaneous.

------------------

**Me too! What color will your kingdom's be? Mine will be grape. Or tangerine. Or maybe graphite, or...

I get Ruby! 🙂

**How about instead of the Xichron toll we have a Gwendolyn or Algernon toll. Maybe it could be uh, one hidden Gwendolyn and one hidden Algernon per kingdom?

What about using Mirror Pieces? That would make more sense than mirrors.
Ferazel could take the pieces to a mirrorsmith, and he would turn them into a mirror.

------------------

**Finally, I think there should be some health/magic bonuses before Xichra.

Of course.
I think when Ferazel completes the 8 kingdoms, a perm flag will be set.
When Ferazel talks to the rulers, they will give him a key to a room with max health/magic crystals. (sort of like Nimbo)

------------------

Sage here.

I think we need to start drawing a map before we make any levels. Otherwise we'll have conflicts over what levels will interact with what levels.

------------------
MAGNETIC POEM #455
twice in a dream i visioned
nerds content with empowering
man and space

Good Idea about the Algernon peices, aschaaf. But we have aproblem. They don't fly. This is a problem for the coolest secret of all time which is even better than the ones in Ferazel. I need some way of making one (or, something you need to get one) suspended in mid-air! (But that is a problem with the Algernons too, so we still have problems.)
I think we should have every kingdom have an algernon peice in it. It gives you something to collect. Collecting things besides Xichrons is fun, fun, fun! Anybody played Crash Bandicoot 2? I think we should do something like that how you can get gems which cause platforms to appear on other levels. This is cool. Does anybody know how to make a platform not move until a perm flag is set? or, rock barriers?
Definitly draw out a map first. I say here is what we do: I will make a Bryce3D of the file and e-mail it to aschaaf. He can put it on the website and we can propose suggested locations for levels.

I call tangerine! 🙂

------------------
Your pet poodle is flying loop-de-loops over my microchips! The poodle is coming! The poodle is coming! (Don't ask 🙂 )

**Good Idea about the Algernon peices, aschaaf. But we have aproblem. They don't fly. This is a problem for the coolest secret of all time which is even better than the ones in Ferazel. I need some way of making one (or, something you need to get one) suspended in mid-air! (But that is a problem with the Algernons too, so we still have problems.)

What about putting it on a platform?

**I think we should have every kingdom have an algernon peice in it. It gives you something to collect.

I agree

**Does anybody know how to make a platform not move until a perm flag is set? or, rock barriers?

You can't do that with platforms, but I think you can with Rock Barriers.

**I call tangerine!:)

Ok, here's the list so far: 😉

Bondi Blue iMac: free
Strawberry iMac: free
Grape iMac : free
Tangerine iMac : AVN
Bluberry iMac : free
Lime iMac : free
Graphite iMac : free
Indigo iMac : Emperor Ent
Ruby iMac : aschaaf_86
Sage iMac : spamguy
Snow iMac : ferazel_09

------------------

(This message has been edited by aschaaf_86 (edited 12-18-2000).)

(This message has been edited by aschaaf_86 (edited 12-18-2000).)

I think Algernon's could be another kind of ziridium. Habnabits rely on ziridum, some other races may rely on Algernon energy.

How about this:
Many years ago before the reign of Xichra, the people's of the Nine Kingdoms meet. The each possesed on Algernon. A powerful object that gave them much power, however, they feared what would happen if they got into the wrong hands. Therefore, they decided to abolish the Algernon's, spreading the shards throughout there land.

The Ninth Kingdom was inhabited by a very secret race. That's why no one noticed when they fell. Xichra invaded their land subtlly. She soon had control over the Ninth Kingdom. Queen Xichra learned of the power and desired it above all. Her quest was cut short, by her death, but, now she is alvie and searching once more.

The Eight Kingdoms realize it is imparative that they regain their Algernons. Many will recruit Ferazel in the task of finding their shards.

Remember, some of the Rulers will have other intentions, rattlike fiends who benifit from chaos.

Also, at the end of the game we will learn the history of the Ninth Kingdom and their original people. The type of thing that leads into a sequel. 😉

Does that sound good?

Can I make the first two levels? Escape from Mandrakai Prison and Return to Home.

Oh, and Indigo. 🙂

------------------

Can I make the first two levels? Escape from Mandrakai Prison and Return to Home.

That's fine with me.

------------------

Dang you AVN! I wanted Tangerine. Oh well, I'll take Snow. I also have an idea with the Algernon storyline. How about in the prison, a dying habnabit tells Ferazel about that, and says that if he can escape and restore the power of the Algernon, he can defeat Xichra.

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!

Just to recap, is this the final storyline? If none are opposed, could ascaff_86 post it, preferable with a seperate link, warning people.

So here it is again:

When Ferazel returns home he realizes it is up to him to rebuild his once great people. He leads a mining party to search for the essential ziridum. Well traveling the party is attacked, Ferazel is the only survivior, but his is taken prisoner by the evil creatures. While imprisioned he learns that those who attacked him are the Mandrikai, who have rallied under the Dread Queen Xichra. Ferazel hears that he is too be sent to the Ninth Kingdom, the new lair of Xichra. There she intends to deal with him personally.

Notes:
Ferazel barely escapes from the Mandrikai prision and returns home. He finds a desolete land and learns the Habnabits have been forced to flee. Realizing what he must do, Ferazel sets off to battle his way through the Eight Kingdoms in hope of reaching the Ninth Kingdom and destroying Queen Xichra once and for all.

Each of the Eight Kingdoms has been invaded by Xichra. Most are deadly enemies of her trying their hardest to keep their people free. Others have made secret packs with Xichra, and allowed her to plant troops in their land. As Ferazel travels through the Eight Kingdoms he will meet many great leaders and many vile traitors. Some will aid him by bestowing him gifts from their people. Others will try to set him back or even destroy him.

Ferazel learns towards the end of the game that the Queen Xichra is not the same one he destroyed. The New Queen is also a Habnabit, one who was shunned and scorned by her people because of her horrible features. Seeking revenge, she adopted the mantle of the Dread Queen, hoping to spread the orginal Queen's evil ideas, and destroy her people the Habnabits.

Many years ago before the reign of Xichra, the people's of the Nine Kingdoms meet. The each possesed on Algernon. A powerful object that gave them much power, however, they feared what would happen if they got into the wrong hands. Therefore, they decided to abolish the Algernon's, spreading the shards throughout there land.

The Ninth Kingdom was inhabited by a very secret race. That's why no one noticed when they fell. Xichra invaded their land subtlly. She soon had control over the Ninth Kingdom. Queen Xichra learned of the power and desired it above all. Her quest was cut short, by her death, but, now she is alvie and searching once more.

The Eight Kingdoms realize it is imparative that they regain their Algernons. Many will recruit Ferazel in the task of finding their shards.

Any disaggreements?

------------------

Vote*

Should we call this game:
1.) Ferazel's Wand: The Ninth Kingdom
or
2.) Ferazel's Wand: The Return of Xichra
or
3.) Ferazel's Wand: Something Completely Different

*And this time all the votes will be counted

------------------

I vote #1.

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!