ONE BIG WORLD...

You sure? There's 8 boxes for link numbers.

------------------
MAGNETIC POEM #455
twice in a dream i visioned
nerds content with empowering
man and space

Originally posted by aschaaf_86:
**Gadzooks! I just thought of something!

Uh-oh! I have a solution. Sort of. 🙂 If we make three central levels we can have one lead to the first, second, and third kingdoms. Another would lead to the fourth fifth and sixth kingdoms. The last would lead to the Seventh, Eighth, and Ninth kingdoms. It ruins my idea for a "hub" in the center of the kingdoms, but would work fine anyway. It allows the user to play all kingdoms at once. Actually, when I think about it, I dislike having bonus levels from the center, too, aschaaf. Maybe a hidden exit in the boss levels. Or the level before them, so you get a little help before the boss. But no max health/magic increases in them. That would be bad. Maybe one Health or Magic (one or the other, not both) after each boss, so as you beat bosses, it gets slightly easier. Then, of course, we need to get some ideas for the new Xichra level. Two Xichras is Fun, Fun, Fun, as I have discovered! 🙂 I think we should make a new map for our levels, instead of using the Teraknorn one. I have Bryce 3D, I'll make it if you guys give me suggestions of what to put in it.

Sorry, Aschaaf_86, but there is NO WAY I am going to make no max health/magic increases in the whole game! One per kingdom, I say. (Hidden well, of course) 😄

And, I like the idea of collecting a certain no. of red xichrons to enter a level. Probobally we should do this for the ninth kingdom. Also, I just realized that we don't have any set limits for level no.'s. Here:

AVN= 1-5
Aschaaf_86= 5-10
Bob the Mediocre= 11-15
Knight of NI= 16-20
Spamguy= 21-25
SmasherofPumpkins= 26-30
Emporer Ent= 31-35
ferazel_09= 35-40

Just so we don't have to change all the level no.'s when we're done.

A reminder: We still don't have a storyline. :frown:

------------------

Originally posted by AVN:
**A reminder: We still don't have a storyline.:frown:

Has anyone considered my storyline?

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!
Cythera's 'Team Stories' Rock!

The storyline should be a complex story of mystery and betrayl, any ideas? 🙂 I think we should utilize all the characters, how can we weave them into the story. We also have to tie into the 9 kingdoms idea. What will be the major evil? Here's what I was thinking:

After defeating Xichra Ferazel returns home. He leads an mining party to find some ziridum and begin to rebuild his people's culture. While traveling he and his companions hear that Xichra never died, she lived on and so did her plans. Ferazel returns to his home immediately only to find it destroyed. Many of the habnabits were killed and many had to flee once more. Ferazel must resume his position as savior of the Habinabits. He goes through many of the 8 kingdoms learning about eachs relationship with Xichra (enemies or friends of her.) Remember some of these kingdoms may be at war with each other. He will battle his way through those kingdoms which have been invaded by the new Mandrikati, earning the trust and thanks of the kingdoms. Finally, he will make it to the ninth kingdom, that of Queen Xichra. There he will fight the ultimate battle against the hordes of the Mandrikata.

SPOILER (Kinda)
I was thinking that the Queen would not be the orginal Xichra but a new one. A habnabit who had been scorned by her peers for her hideous fetures. Seeking revenge, she adopted the mantle of the Dread Queen, hoping to spread her evil ideas

What do you think? That is just an idea I'm open to them all. We also need a title for our project, if we can't think of a good name, we should at least have a code-name, a temporary name rather than huge world. 🙂 I was thinking it could be called The Ninth Kingdom, but I think there was a mini-series called that a few years back, any other ideas? Anyway could the code-name be BHA, or some inside mac joke like that. I was thinking that some of the kingdom's could be treacherous, secret allies of Xichra, and some peaceful peoples recently attacked. Also, don't worry I'm almost done, I think we should start a new thread, this one's long, and one that people should be warned not to read, that way the plot will not be ruined or we could start our own private message board with mycomputer.com, I could set it up if you like, with password portection too, not high-tech of course. I might also set up a geocities acount.

Sorry for writing such a long post. 🙂 I've been lurking on other computers for some time .

-Emperor Ent Ruler of the ?????????? Kingdom

Originally posted by spamguy:
**You sure? There's 8 boxes for link numbers.

Well, there are only four arrow keys on a keyboard.

------------------
"Give me a large enough hard drive, a fast enough modem, and I can download the web!"

Originally posted by Emperor Ent:
I think we should start a new thread, this one's long, and...

I like long threads!

------------------
"Give me a large enough hard drive, a fast enough modem, and I can download the web!"

**I think we should make a new map for our levels, instead of using the Teraknorn one. I have Bryce 3D, I'll make it if you guys give me suggestions of what to put in it.

Well, we'll need the standard areas (ice, caves, fire, woods, sand, etc.)
I'd like to have the mines be bellow the sand, woods, or ice levels.

**Sorry, Aschaaf_86, but there is NO WAY I am going to make no max health/magic increases in the whole game! One per kingdom, I say. (Hidden well, of course):D

Hey! Captin Crowley's lost mines need a defenite amount of health/magic.

**And, I like the idea of collecting a certain no. of red xichrons to enter a level. Probobally we should do this for the ninth kingdom.

I agree. However, I don't want to have the Xichron toll anywhere other than the ninth kingdom.

**Also, I just realized that we don't have any set limits for level no.'s. Here:
(...snip...)
Just so we don't have to change all the level no.'s when we're done.

I don't really like that idea.
Merging is easy.
When I make levels, I always put each one in it's own world, and make it #1.
Then I merge them at the end.

------------------

**I like long threads!

Do you also like long DL times? 😉

I like the idea of setting up something seperate from the Ambrosia Board so the plot and levels won't be spoiled.

------------------
Road man, drivin' like a madman,
Breaking land speed records in the van,
Road man, he don't mind police man,
leaving trail of ripped up citations-Smash Mouth, Road Man

I'd like to use Emperor Ent's storyline, or something like it. Now I probably should work on my levels, since I've been spending most of my time on the webboard lately.

------------------

Originally posted by Bob the Mediocre:
**Now I probably should work on my levels, since I've been spending most of my time on the webboard lately.

So have I. 🙂

------------------

I have a cool storyline idea. It involves a new Habnabit trying to get out of goblin contolled land. He (or she?) later finds out about the Manditraki and there is another queen. I have a first level idea involving a prison. Anyone like my idea?

------------------
"Soppy?!?! That's an insult!"
"Life sucks no matter what, why not we all just worship absurdity?"

How about:
After Ferazel left home with the mining party they are captured. All others are killed, but Ferazel is told Xichra has special plans for him. He is to be transported to the Ninth Kingdom were she will deal with him personally. Now he must escape the Mandrikatia hordes. Then he will return home and the rest of the story will stay the same.
I agree that it would be cool to have The Great Escape Level.
We need to start making definate plans I will try to set up the private board so we can vote on various items.

***Could every one who wants to be in the project post there e-mail address
I will also make a secret page where we can post spelling of certain characters names, plot, and other definate items once we vote.
I intend to start work on the page today, however it may be a little late, due to Christmas, ::sigh:: 🙂

BTW- I don't like long anything because of my 56k modem. But you know what they say about people with Cable modems... I think the saying is similar to that about people with Porse's 🙂

------------------
Eh, making teenagers depressed is like shooting fish in a barrel.
-Bart Simpson
(url="http://"http://www.snpp.com")http://www.snpp.com(/url)

*****Could every one who wants to be in the project post there e-mail address

pschaaf@frontiernet.net

**We need to start making definate plans I will try to set up the private board so we can vote on various items.

I don't like the idea!! I want to keep it in this topic!!!

------------------

**Do you also like long DL times?;)

It goes on multitple pages!
It takes about the same time to get the last few posts on a 50 page topic as it does on a 314 page topic.

------------------

**I don't like the idea!! I want to keep it in this topic!!!

Why? What would be so awful about moving it? (And BTW, you never told me why you didn't like my idea for a storyline.)

------------------

**Why? What would be so awful about moving it?

I check the web boards several times a day.
I'd rather check one site than two.

**(And BTW, you never told me why you didn't like my idea for a storyline.)

I dunno, I just prefer having one big world withot having it divided in to kingdoms.

------------------

Personal, I like the 9 kingdoms plot. It is the only way we can make the thing make sense. Otherwise their will be to many story conflicts. This way we have a broad storyline and each kingdom can have its own smaller one. My main reason for wanting another board is not for speed but for secrecy. I don't want the plot and details of our world spoiled for others.

------------------
Eh, making teenagers depressed is like shooting fish in a barrel.
-Bart Simpson
(url="http://"http://www.snpp.com")http://www.snpp.com(/url)

**I don't want the plot and details of our world spoiled for others.

Why not just warn people?
I prefer using the Ambrosia Web Boards.

------------------

Keep it here! I don't like checking multiple boards. Just warn people not to read on.

After defeating Xichra Ferazel returns home. He leads an mining party to find some ziridum and begin to rebuild his people's culture. While traveling he and his companions hear that Xichra never died, she lived on and so did her plans. Ferazel returns to his home immediately only to find it destroyed. Many of the habnabits were killed and many had to flee once more. Ferazel must resume his position as savior of the Habinabits. He goes through many of the 8 kingdoms learning about eachs relationship with Xichra (enemies or friends of her.) Remember some of these kingdoms may be at war with each other. He will battle his way through those kingdoms which have been invaded by the new Mandrikati, earning the trust and thanks of the kingdoms. Finally, he will make it to the ninth kingdom, that of Queen Xichra. There he will fight the ultimate battle against the hordes of the Mandrikata.

Awesome! I love it. Each friend of Xichra's could be a boss at the end of each kingdom, and then there would be the ninth kingdom with Xichra at the end. I say that's our storyline. What about the Kingdoms? I say each person should be the "ruler" of one kingdom. They could make up a smaller more intricate storyline for their kingdom about how they are related to Xichra, how they met her, etc.
We should say which kingdoms are which now. I say:

Kingdom 1: Caves
Kingdom 2: Forest
Kingdom 3: Dark Woods
Kingdom 4: Sand
Kingdom 5: Ocean
Kingdom 6: Ice
Kingdom 7: Lava
Kingdom 8: Tech Land

This is, of course, only if someone can figure out how to create new FG & BG tiles. Otherwise, Dark Woods, Techno Land, and Ocean won't work.

I say, pick a kingdom. First come, first serve.

Since Aschaaf_86 already said he wanted an ice kingdom, Kingdom 6 is his.
Since I already said I wanted a lava kingdom, Kingdom 7 is mine.

SPOILER (Kinda)
I was thinking that the Queen would not be the orginal Xichra but a new one. A habnabit who had been scorned by her peers for her hideous fetures. Seeking revenge, she adopted the mantle of the Dread Queen, hoping to spread her evil ideas**

definetly. 🙂

Pick a kingdom, any kingdom... Quickly. First come, first serve...First come, first serve...First come, first serve...First come, first serve...

Okay, so nobody has to use the level no's I posted.
I'm working on a "template" of the world to put the levels into. I will give it to Aschaaf for his site when I'm finished.

------------------

Dark Woods sounds great.
I was planing to do this in Andrew's World.

(qoute)Origionaly posted by AVN:
**This is, of course, only if someone can figure out how to create new FG & BG tiles. Otherwise, Dark Woods, Techno Land, and Ocean won't work.
**(/quote)

I'm guessing that these are easy to do.
I'll try it.

I think we should make a nighttime sky paralax-background-thingy.
It could be used in many kingdoms.
------------------

(This message has been edited by aschaaf_86 (edited 12-16-2000).)