ONE BIG WORLD...

Originally posted by aschaaf_86:
**I'd like to have the AOL Disc Shards spell in One Big World (see "First story" in the other Ferazel Board).
I'd like to replace the Ice Crystals spell with it.

Here's a pic:
Posted Image

If you gave me the sprites for it, I could make it for you. Don't e-mail me right now, bu put them on the website. I crashed my mail server when I tried to put CGI on it. Blasted MacPerl!

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!
Cythera's 'Team Stories' Rock!

Originally posted by Bob the Mediocre:
**I've got an idea for the plot, if nobody minds abandoning the "Teraknorn" universe. We could each be "rulers" of a different place in the world, and Ferazel would visit the(well defended) kingdoms, sometimes making allies, most of the time making enemies. What do you think?

I like that part. Heh heh, my kingdom would be hard to reach. As in, a time limit.

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!

I want my kingdom to be in the western mountain or in the eastern castle (ruins) area.
Note that I will not use any of my levels from Knight of NI큦 world. Knight of NI큦 world will be continued as an independent world.
I am not sure what kind of level I should make for the BIG WORLD yet. Maybe ice or plain caves...

------------------
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let큦 not bicker and argue about who killed who."

If we go along with the kingdom idea (which I dislike), can I have an ice kingdom?

------------------
"Give me a large enough hard drive, a fast enough modem, and I can download the web!"

**I'd like to replace the Ice Crystals spell with it.

Bad news.
In FW 1.0.3, they removed the Ice Crystals spell.

------------------
"Give me a large enough hard drive, a fast enough modem, and I can download the web!"

I thought of a problem:
What about max. magic/health crystals?

My level Mines 2 must be designed assuming Ferazel has a certan amount of helth/magic (I want it to be insanley hard).
If there are any hidden max magic/health crystals before it, It will be impossible, or too easy.

One solution would be to only have max magic/health crystals where they can easily be seen.
Another would be to not have any. 🙂

BTW, This is my 250th post!!

------------------

Thanks for the invite, but I'm going to pass for now as I don't want to hold you all back. I'm still learning, and man... you haven't seen FW crash until you've been to my house!

------------------

<`{{{><

When I was at school today, I made some rough sketches for levels. Later, I'll post them. Oh, and I need to reserve a perm flag.

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!

(This message has been edited by ferazel_09 (edited 12-14-2000).)

**My level Mines 2 must be designed assuming Ferazel has a certan amount of helth/magic (I want it to be insanley hard).
If there are any hidden max magic/health crystals before it, It will be impossible, or too easy.

Problem with my levels, too. They must have NO magic/health crystals before them, and they have some hidden within the levels themselves. Do you have aqny in your levels? If so, we had better come up with some strategory to get both our levels to have no health/magic collected before them.

**Bad news.
In FW 1.0.3, they removed the Ice Crystals spell.

Me say: NOOOOOOOOOO!!! :frown:

**Bad news.
If we go along with the kingdom idea (which I dislike), can I have an ice kingdom?

Why not? I want a lava kingdom! 🙂

**I'd also like to have the Lost Mines of Captin Crowley (My mine levels) worked into the plot.

So would I. They're cool.

Idea for the "kingdoms"= Unlike in Ferazel, we should allow the user to start at any kingdom and work his way through all of them at once. The player could start in the middle and have 8 ways to go. There should also be a ninth way, which we could all contribute to. At the end of each kingdom, there should be an object or spell needed to complete the first level of the ninth kingdom. For example the 8 kingdoms could have at the end of each: fire charm, ice wall, muffin, gwendolyn, algernon peice, algernon frame, mist potion, key. Then, these items would be needed to complete the first ninth kingdom level. That way, all 8 kingdoms would have to be complete to enter the ninth kingdom. From there, upward would be 7 more levels (first level complete, need 8, one per person) and then XICHRA!!! Ha ha ha... :). I think each last level of each kingdom should be a boss level. ( I know, there aren't enough bosses, but you can do things like putting 5 in one room for different ideas. I found fighting four demon heads on a magic carpet is interesting. So is fighting 10 wizards while hanging from a chain. Dropping rocks on the goblin cheif, and trapping bosses in pits, are all "spins" we can put on boss levels for more variations) Then, at the end, you should have to fight all the bosses one after another in the same level with NO help in between like torches & such. Then you get Ziridium brine and on you go... to the Queen herself.

Has anyone found bugs in Plummit Summit? I'm about to finish my final version, so now is a good time to report them.

------------------

Originally posted by ferazel_09:
**Oh, and I need to reserve a perm flag.

Added. What does it do, by the way?

------------------

Originally posted by AVN:
**Problem with my levels, too. They must have NO magic/health crystals before them, and they have some hidden within the levels themselves. Do you have aqny in your levels? If so, we had better come up with some strategory to get both our levels to have no health/magic collected before them.

I don't have any in mine.
I think all of the kingdoms should be played with the inital health/magic maximums.

Since Xichra will be not very easy to beat with the starting amount of health ;), I think we should have each ruler give ferazel gift(s) to ferazel when he's completed all 8 kingdoms and the 9th section.
These gifts might include: A key to a room with a max magic/health crystal, Fire Seeds, Ziridium Seeds, A Vorpal Dirk, Money, or a Poppyseed Muffin.
I'll add a perm flag for this right now.

**Idea for the "kingdoms"= Unlike in Ferazel, we should allow the user to start at any kingdom and work his way through all of them at once. The player could...

Hmm. I like that idea.

**...There should also be a ninth way, which we could all contribute to.

Do you mean we wouldn't all contribute to the others?

------------------

(This message has been edited by aschaaf_86 (edited 12-14-2000).)

It's for some of the people in my levels. If you stumble by one place, you won't finish one of my levels until you give the guy an item. Can't think of what it is yet.

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!

**If we go along with the kingdom idea (which I dislike), can I have an ice kingdom?

Sure. Whatever you want. I don't mind, they'd be your levels.

------------------
Road man, drivin' like a madman,
Breaking land speed records in the van,
Road man, he don't mind police man,
leaving trail of ripped up citations-Smash Mouth, Road Man

(This message has been edited by Bob the Mediocre (edited 12-14-2000).)

**Sure. Whatever you want. I don't mind, it'd be your levels.

Are our kingdoms going to be desinged by their rulers only??
I have several "habnabit-caves" levels from Andrew's World that i'll bring to the project, I think whoever becomes ruler of the "habnabit-caves" should have them.
Also, I'm hoping some other people will help design ice levels too.

------------------

**So would I. They're cool.

I think so too. Except, as I mentioned before, more Save Points!

**The player could start in the middle and have 8 ways to go.

I like that idea!

**That way, all 8 kingdoms would have to be complete to enter the ninth kingdom.

Even better!

**Has anyone found bugs in Plummit Summit? I'm about to finish my final version, so now is a good time to report them.

The pxMid is staticy. I think the solution for this is to use a taller sprite

------------------

**Are our kingdoms going to be desinged by their rulers only??

That was my original idea, but they don't have to be.

------------------

**That was my original idea, but they don't have to be.

That was mine, too. I think it would be better this way, but I really don't care. We should have a vote on this now so we know whether to put the signs at the beginning telling who made the level. (We are doing that, right? 🙂 ) Where should the bonus levels be? One per kingdom? Two? Maybe (HEY! NEW IDEA!) The start level should be like this: (has anybody played Crash Bandicoot 3?) There will be 17 rock barriers: 8 kingdom entrances, 8 bonus levels, 1 ninth kingdom entrance. You should play through the first levels and depending on buttons and perm flags in the first level, different entrances will open up. The 8 kingdoms should be fairly easy to open, while the bonus levels hard, and the ninth impossible until all kingdoms are completed. Sort of a "hub" in the middle of everything.

About the static in Plummit Summit, I think it's fixed. I really hate those pxtiles. They are hard to get to work right! I finally deleted the bottom. Nobody sees it anyway (unless of course they find the secret level... (hint hint) 🙂 )

------------------

I probably won't make very many levels for this, since, in my self-centred fashion, I'm focusing on my personal gain from BN. Two? Three enough? Let me finish thinking up a level for BN, and I'll start working on this, and you can allocate space for me.

------------------
MAGNETIC POEM #455
twice in a dream i visioned
nerds content with empowering
man and space

**That was mine, too. I think it would be better this way, but I really don't care. We should have a vote on this now so we know whether to put the signs at the beginning telling who made the level. (We are doing that, right?:) ) Where should the bonus levels be? One per kingdom? Two? Maybe (HEY! NEW IDEA!) The start level should be like this: (has anybody played Crash Bandicoot 3?) There will be 17 rock barriers: 8 kingdom entrances, 8 bonus levels, 1 ninth kingdom entrance. You should play through the first levels and depending on buttons and perm flags in the first level, different entrances will open up. The 8 kingdoms should be fairly easy to open, while the bonus levels hard, and the ninth impossible until all kingdoms are completed. Sort of a "hub" in the middle of everything.

**We should have a vote on this now so we know whether to put the signs at the beginning telling who made the level. (We are doing that, right?:)

I like the idea of signs at the start of each level.

**Where should the bonus levels be?

I don't like the idea of bonus levels.
If we do them however, I think there should be one after each boss.

**There will be 17 rock barriers: 8 kingdom entrances, 8 bonus levels, 1 ninth kingdom entrance.

I don't think there should be bonus levels from the main room.
Also, I don't think there should be a barrier for the paths to the 8 kingdoms.
Otherwise, I agree.
The 9th kingdom (or num_kingdoms + 1, to be more general) should be Xichra's.

------------------

(This message has been edited by aschaaf_86 (edited 12-15-2000).)

Gadzooks! I just thought of something!
You can only have 4 links from a node!
This means that we can't have the main level that goes to all 8 kingdoms.

Maybe we should have the user play the kingdoms one at a time.
Or else, we could cancel the kingodm idea.
I prefer the latter.

------------------