ONE BIG WORLD...

Trouble is, poppyseed muffins do nothing, as I have learned. Only thing worse than a poppyseed muffin is an inedible poppyseed muffin! 😛

I propose that we have an independent plot here, rather than a sequel or continuation. Dunno what.

------------------
MAGNETIC POEM #455
twice in a dream i visioned
nerds content with empowering
man and space

Originally posted by spamguy:
**Trouble is, poppyseed muffins do nothing, as I have learned.

Beanie Babies do nothing, but they are worth something to many people.

------------------
"Give me a large enough hard drive, a fast enough modem, and I can download the web!"

Originally posted by aschaaf_86:
**In my levels, I planed to have a deep underground mine section.
It was going to be named something like "Captin Crowley's lost mines".
Also they would be VERY hard, so if you got hit once by a sheild goblin, you would fail.
I have two of them partialy complete.
Can we work them into the plot?

Definitely. I was planning something like that too.

Originally posted by spamguy:
**I propose that we have an independent plot here, rather than a sequel or continuation. Dunno what.

If you can think up something good that doesn't relate to the original game, that's fine w/me.

I figure that extra sprites isn't too much of a problem. If they can change the file names of the level files, they can probobaly (sp?) do the same with the sprites file. I propose using the sprites that they "forgot" to use such as the blue fireball, and the forest nymph. This will make it less like the original.

------------------

Seeing that we can change the chracters names, we don't have to have it star Ferazel. We can make a new habnabit that happens to look like Ferazel. Also, I have a good idea for a first level. It's a prison. Contact me for more ideas. 😄

------------------
"Soppy?!?! That's an insult!"
"Life sucks no matter what, why not we all just worship absurdity?"

Cool site, aschaaf_86. I have some levels to add to that, too... But they need a little touching up. 🙂 Maybe I should fix the bug which causes Ferazel to fall through floors before we put them up.

------------------

Originally posted by SmasherOfPumpkins:
**We can make a new habnabit that happens to look like Ferazel.

Or we could tint the Ferazel sprite and make him have green robes.

Originally posted by SmasherOfPumpkins:
**Contact me for more ideas.:D

Why not post them here?

------------------
"Give me a large enough hard drive, a fast enough modem, and I can download the web!"

I think we should replace the "Ice Crystals" spell with "AOL CD Shards". (see "First story" on the other board).

Also, POST THE CONVERSATION RANGE YOU WANT! (see an earlier post of mine).

------------------

(This message has been edited by aschaaf_86 (edited 12-10-2000).)

Can I join in? I'm not good at creating the walls or placing monsters, but I'm great for "decorating" the levels with sprites. I'm trying to learn to create good wall maps though.

------------------
Ferazel Rocks!
Cythera's 'Team Stories' Rock!

I have a slow and unstable connection, so i´m not for modifying the sprites file.
I don´t have much time to make levels in the week cause of school.

By the way...

I disagree to Aschaaf´s idea of removing the mac/pc plot, cause it was very funny to read what people said.
I also think that you are a good writer.
Your conversations are fun to read, in deep contrast to my own "boring-storyline & hints™"
conversations.

------------------
"let´s not argue about
who killed who!
This is supposed to be
a happy day."

Originally posted by Knight of NI:
I disagree to Aschaaf´s idea of removing the mac/pc plot, cause it was very funny to read what people said.

Do you mean you think the whole plot should be that?
Then we could replace the Xichra sprites with Bill Gates.

------------------

Originally posted by Knight of NI:
**I disagree to Aschaaf´s idea of removing the mac/pc plot, cause it was very funny to read what people said.
I also think that you are a good writer.
Your conversations are fun to read, in deep contrast to my own "boring-storyline & hints™"
conversations.

I agree that it was funny and such, but it is a little strange. I would rather have a more "normal" storyline such as the one in Ferazel.

**Then we could replace the Xichra sprites with Bill Gates.

Heh heh heh... Wait till you see what I'm planning to replace them with... I have Metacreations Poser and have been designing some interesting characters... (Actually, I kind of changed the ones with the program, but that's not a problem)
I love giant robots...

Originally posted by ferazel_09:
**Can I join in? I'm not good at creating the walls or placing monsters, but I'm great for "decorating" the levels with sprites. I'm trying to learn to create good wall maps though.

That's Interesting... I love creating the level layouts, but hate doing things such as Xichrons or scenery. Maybe we should team up.

**Or we could tint the Ferazel sprite and make him have green robes.

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! I love that idea. Also, we should make the flip jump that he does when he has invincibility a standard move. Just replace the jumping sprite with the invincibility jumping sprite. That would be cool. Weapon changing rules!
----------

My latest level features this layout: !@#$%^&*()
Oh, the wonders of creating levels from text. It rules! I also have a large pit of lava at the end. You must jump across on teleporters which take you back to start if you teleport from them. Quickly, now!

Aschaaf_86, how should I get my level on your site? Should I just email it to you? What is your email address and I will send you my levels.

Just a general note: Beware... Has anyone ever created an enemy pipe with the Wraiths coming out? Infinite wraiths... heh heh heh... I think I should leave it in. It kinda makes a time limit for the player to get through that section... Or else he or she will be bombarded with those guided things that wraiths shoot!

------------------

Originally posted by AVN:
Weapon changing rules!
(B)

I think the AOL Disc Shards sepll would be great.

(B)Aschaaf_86, how should I get my level on your site? Should I just email it to you? What is your email address and I will send you my levels.

**That's Interesting... I love creating the level layouts, but hate doing things such as Xichrons or scenery. Maybe we should team up.

Note to everyone: Teamwork will be MUCH easier if everyone designs their levels in an image program such as photoshop.

------------------

**Note to everyone: Teamwork will be MUCH easier if everyone designs their levels in an image program such as photoshop.

Actually, I do. (I use ColorIt!) It works a whole lot better than doing them in the editor. (Oh, man, how much easier can you get) Using the level editor is VERY HARD! Hey, does anyone know why my BG map won't paste. FG maps and lightmaps work fine. My Xichron maps don't paste either. I used the same format. What's wrong?

NOTE TO ASCHAAF_86:
Check your email, I sent you my levels. (They're a little buggy...)

Also, I do actually have an idea. I like making one secret level, but I think we should hide 10 or so Bonus Levels in addition. They could be a little easier to find, and be filled with Xichrons. Who agrees? (Try to find the secret exit in my level, "Summit Plummit". You'll know it's secret because the real exit doesn't have any exit there. I kinda screwed up. The real exit is where all the bows&arrows; and acid pits are. The secret exit is, well, secret, and actually will exit the level.)

My friend, a windows user (bleah!), is creating a level w/Paint. If his level comes out alright, anybody against using it?

Phooey. Had to remove my unlimited Wraiths because they messed up the memory. Honestly, you'd think a good game like Ferazel's Wand would have a limit to the number of sprites when memory gets full. My mac go :frown:
------------------

(This message has been edited by AVN (edited 12-11-2000).)

AVN, I see you have a 20th string in STR# 500, should I add it to the list?

------------------

Could I reserve a few signs(four or five)?

------------------
Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out, too.

(This message has been edited by Bob the Mediocre (edited 12-12-2000).)

Originally posted by Bob the Mediocre:
**Could I reserve a few signs(four or five)?

Sure, which ones do you want?

------------------

**Sure, which ones do you want?

I don't care, three or more would be nice. BTW, I tried your mines levels, and the first one needs a save-point or two. I died five times and had to start over each time.

------------------

**AVN, I see you have a 20th string in STR# 500, should I add it to the list?

Only if you're planning on including the worst level in my level set. I use one big level set and load save games from previous levels. This way I have the correct magic and health. That STR# is from the first level I ever made. But please do add the conversation from "The Lands Beyond".

What does everybody think of my levels? Too hard?

------------------

I didn't even know you had one. <Goes off to DL it> (Later) BTW, where is it?

------------------