ONE BIG WORLD...

Attention Cat 99, Knight of NI, Aschaaf_86, spamguy, Jodeo, Bob the Mediocre, GameFanatic, BigCytheraCheater, Lonelgadzra, and all you other Ferazel geeks out there. I believe that we should start a topic discussing story ideas for a large world, and then have each of us make a few (good) 😉 levels for it. We could write new music, make a new storyline, new sounds, pictures, and anything else which I have forgotten how to change. This is a vote. Anybody who wants to do this, reply to this message with a name for the world or anything else you can think of that might be helpful. This will be the largest world ever! Ha ha ha... :eek:

-------------
Quote somebody who I don't remember:

Windows 95 (win-DOH-z), n. A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor which was used in a PC built by a two bit company that couldn't stand one bit of competition.

(This message has been edited by AVN (edited 12-09-2000).)

Good idea. I'd help.

------------------
Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out, too.

Cool, oh Mediocre one. Anyone else? We'll need some more...

Message to Bob the Mediocre:
Can you write (good) music? Not too much of a problem, I'm awesome at it, but my songs kind of all sound very similar. Probobaly 5 of mine will work, but more will be getting BORING...

------------------

I believe I can help with ideas and I have a few level designs in my head. Count me in. 😄

------------------
"Soppy?!?! That's an insult!"
"Life sucks no matter what, why not we all just worship absurdity?"

OK. Read my message to Bob the Mediocre. It applies to you too now.

------------------

I would be willing to merge Andrew's World with the project if enough people joined.
Could there be a wooden sign at the start of each level saying who designed it?

------------------
"Give me a large enough hard drive, a fast enough modem, and I can download the web!"

I don´t see how it is possible to merge single levels into one large world file.
Good idea.
I may join if I know how to merge levels into one world file.

------------------
"let´s not bicker about
who killed who!
This is supposed to be
a happy day."

(This message has been edited by Knight of NI (edited 12-10-2000).)

I beleive that we should make a secret level like Purple Haze which will have all of us in it. That could say who designed the levels. I suppose we could make a sign at each start, but if there's another way to tell who made each level, I'd probobly (sp?) go for that. To merge levels into one big file, just copy them w/ResEdit.

------------------

The problem with merging the files is that the storylines have an extremely slim chance of matching. We will have to agree on a storyline and then we can touch up our levels to make them all match.
How about a continuation of the original Ferazel's Wand? We could have Queen Xichra (supposedly) dead and Ferazel has to return to the level A Scent of Peril to find Geroditus. Or he could start there and be escaping from Teraknorn because the caves will cave in. Or... (He he he, I really like this one 🙂 ) We could edit Ferazel's sprite graphics to make him look like Geroditus, and our game could be Geroditus escaping from Teraknorn (or maybe trying to find Ferazel so he can warn him about something) I love messing with sprite graphics. I once made a polka dot that flies around shooting numbers at Ferazel.

------------------

I'd be glad to help add levels to it.

(BTW, I think that one can transfer levels by simply copying and pasting levels within ResEdit. Never tried it, so you might want to check me.)

------------------
MAGNETIC POEM #455
twice in a dream i visioned
nerds content with empowering
man and space

Originally posted by AVN:
**We could edit Ferazel's sprite graphics to make him look like Geroditus, and our game could be Geroditus escaping from Teraknorn (or maybe trying to find Ferazel so he can warn him about something) I love messing with sprite graphics. I once made a polka dot that flies around shooting numbers at Ferazel.

The only problem w/ that is you'd have to include the sprites file in the DL. That could take a lot of time. 😉

------------------
Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out, too.

(This message has been edited by Bob the Mediocre (edited 12-10-2000).)

My current storyline for my levels which I am not sure I want to use in the HUGE WORLD is:
"After defeating the dread queen Xichra, Ferazel must escape the mountains which has began collapsing.
With the defeat of the queen, the areas controlled by her magic has reverted to what it once was.
Ferazel must find his way home in a new, drastically changed world."

This storyline is MINE, MINE, and absolutely MINE!
If anyone copy this storyline I will say "da va no so forbanna!" in Norwegian.

By the way...
I am working on a secret level in my own world file already.

------------------
"let´s not argue about
who killed who!
This is supposed to be
a happy day."

(This message has been edited by Knight of NI (edited 12-10-2000).)

I hope to have a secret level in mine. I have been really busy at school and haven't had a lot of time yo work on my world. I think it's ready to be realeased to the add-on page. I would be interested in contributating a level or two to the HUGE world. BTW, how do you make a secret level.

------------------
Gore wins Flordia
Bush wins Flordia
No one wins Flordia

I am almost positive copying levels in ResEdit would work.
Since Knight of NI and spamguy have joined, I will join.
I will remove the "Mac vs PC" storyline from my levels.

In my levels, I planed to have a deep underground mine section.
It was going to be named something like "Captin Crowley's lost mines".
Also they would be VERY hard, so if you got hit once by a sheild goblin, you would fail.
I have two of them partialy complete.
Can we work them into the plot?

------------------
"Give me a large enough hard drive, a fast enough modem, and I can download the web!"

Originally posted by Emperor Ent:
**BTW, how do you make a secret level.

The same way you make a normal one.
Except you make it really hard to find.

------------------

I've made a website for the project.
It will be updated. (currently it's not very good)

------------------

(This message has been edited by aschaaf_86 (edited 12-18-2000).)

STRING/CONVERSATION/PERM FLAG LIST

This list keeps track of STR#s, perm flags, and convs.
To put yours on this list, post them in this topic, and I'll update the list.
Admins could just edit this post if they want.

Everyone will have their own conversation range.
----------------------------------------------------
Conversations: (version 2)

200-299 - AVN
300-399 - Knight of NI
400-499 - spamguy
500-599 - aschaaf_86
600-699 - ferazel_09
700-799 - Bob the Mediocre
800-899 - Emperor Ent
900-999 - Smasher OF Pumpkins
1000-1099 - cat99

STR# 500: (version 5)

1 - reserved
2 - aschaaf_86
3 - aschaaf_86
4 - aschaaf_86
5 - aschaaf_86
6 - aschaaf_86
7 - aschaaf_86
8 - aschaaf_86
9 - aschaaf_86
10 - aschaaf_86
11 - aschaaf_86
12 - aschaaf_86
13 - aschaaf_86
14 - aschaaf_86
15 - aschaaf_86
16 - aschaaf_86
17 - free
18 - free
19 - free
20 - free
21 - Bob the Mediocre
22 - Bob the Mediocre
23 - Bob the Mediocre
24 - Bob the Mediocre
25 - Bob the Mediocre
26 - Bob the Mediocre
27 - Bob the Mediocre
28 - free
29 - free
30 - free

Perm flags: (version 3)

1: free
2: set to 3 when Ferazel is ready to attack Xichra (when all the kingdoms are complete)
3: ferazel_09 - "It's for some of the people in my levels. If you stumble by one place, you won't finish one of my levels until you give the guy an item. Can't think of what it is yet."
4: aschaaf_86 - set to 3 when Ferzel completes Captin Crowley's lost mines.
5: free

------------------

(This message has been edited by aschaaf_86 (edited 12-10-2000).)

(This message has been edited by aschaaf_86 (edited 12-11-2000).)

(This message has been edited by aschaaf_86 (edited 12-12-2000).)

(This message has been edited by aschaaf_86 (edited 12-14-2000).)

(This message has been edited by aschaaf_86 (edited 12-14-2000).)

(This message has been edited by aschaaf_86 (edited 12-17-2000).)

(This message has been edited by aschaaf_86 (edited 12-17-2000).)

Cool! Count me in. I've got a cool storyline I'm using for my levels we could add.

------------------

Something I want in the plot: There will be a person in one level who blocks the way.
The only thing that can be used to bribe him is the vast wealth of the long-deceased Captin <INSERT NAME HERE>.
To get it, Ferazel must find the infamous mines.

Also, I'd like to have another guy who can be bribed only by two or more Poppyseed Muffins which Ferazel can buy from a Muffin Seller on another level.

I like ice levels the most. I hope this world will have a lot of them.

BTW, anyone is free to use "my" snow effect. 😄 (see topic "Mixed level")

------------------

I think everyone should use Photoshop, or some other image program to design levels.
It's faster that way, and if somebody found MASCOT too hard, they could get someone else to do the "MASCOTing".

------------------