Blaze, Phase or Plasma

Just an interesting poll

Poll: Blaze, Phase or Plasma (28 member(s) have cast votes)
Blaze, Phase or Plasma
Blaze
(5 votes [17.86%])
Percentage of vote: 17.86%
Phaze
(16 votes [57.14%])
Percentage of vote: 57.14%
Plasma
(7 votes [25.00%])
Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Which one's your favorite? I like the Blaze, it's 'inaccuracy' is just what I need to give a hard time to any fighter. It also fires faster then any other turret I know of.

Just so no one gets confused...

• Blaze : UE gun;fires 'inaccurate' red lasers
  • Phase : Miranu gun; fires pin-point yellow 'pellets'
  • Plasma : Voinam gun; slow, damaging, 'inaccurate', and shoots blue-purple balls (I just realized that these were called Neutron Cannons, sorry 😞 )

I also want to say that I'm not a noob to this game, just because I came to the boards now, I've owned the demo for 587 days and played it for 1057
even with Captain Hector chasing my rear every time I warped into a system. I never registered the demo, but got Port Authority when I bought EV Nova! :laugh:

This post has been edited by IT 000 : 22 November 2007 - 08:48 PM

I usually go with Phase for its accuracy and longer range, though it isn't really effective against Voinian armour.
Btw, Neutron fire isn't inaccurate, its just that because the shots are so slow it can be hard to hit stuff at range.

My preference lies with Voinian Neutron weaponry. True, the bolts' slow movement makes them ill-suited to dealing with fighter craft except from point-blank range, but their aptitude for damage to both shields and armor more than compensates for this flaw.

Crescent Phased-Energy Weapons are more effective, ton-for-ton, than Neutron Cannons against shields, and Emalgia Ballistic Weaponry is devastatingly effective against armor, however, these weapons effectiveness against the antithesis of their strengths (i.e. Phase Cannons against armor, and Emalgia Cannons against shields) leaves something to be desired.

Human Blaze Weaponry is too short-range to be very effective in general against most capital-class craft, and the damage they deal is somewhat lacking compared to other alternatives, however, their enormous shot-spread, which might otherwise be it greatest weakness, it actually its saving grace, making it highly effective as an anti-fighter weapon (although, admittedly, Phase Weapons are very nearly as viable).

Neutron by a long shot.
I like UE ships the best though, and Crescent secondary weaps & def systems.
The plasma siphon I only use when I decide to blow off steam with the cheater set and conquer some Voinian Systems. I use it to block out the sound of the guns.

Blaze weapons only really work in large numbers ans close range anti-fighter weapons (or on very long ships...)

Phase weapons are too... yellow for me...

Emalgha weaps are nice to have if you're fighting Voinians, but their range is too small to safely use against the bigger ships.

Phase weaponry, with missiles,in a Laizra or CW.

Neutron is too slow. And plasma isn't accurate enough. Sometimes I end up hitting allied ships and then all the wrong people are mad at me.

Phase here. Best sound effect, longest range, pretty much essential for completing the objectives in a krait/shuttle :).

@martinz, on Nov 23 2007, 08:04 PM, said in Blaze, Phase or Plasma:

Phase here. Best sound effect, longest range, pretty much essential for completing the objectives in a krait/shuttle :).

Shuttle comes with one blaze cannon, and I keep it that way! =D

gasps

Sounds like motions to war ;). I'll have to get back into playing on the port, although I fear for the shuttle's ability in these new dangerous times.

I'm lazy and a lousy shot, so I go for swivel phase cannons and phase turrets. If I want a shot spread, I add a non-swivel phase cannon to the mix -- I'm seldom pointing right at my primary target anyway. 😛

I don't use guns, I use needle missles.

Az

Definitely phase. Oh how I love thee. Vs. heavy armor, I used missiles or rockets anyway, so phase's only real weakness is irrelevant to me.

I use neutron turrets with swivel phase cannons . So plasma is my vote :rolleyes:

phaze definitly for me. Long range accurate effective. I just use my fleet of turncoats againsed the voinians 🙂

@aben-zin, on Nov 29 2007, 02:41 PM, said in Blaze, Phase or Plasma:

I don't use guns, I use needle missles.

Az

I am in HEART.

Port Authority is so fun! You can get a really weird ship by just loading another ship from nova. Someone should make a guide to this.

-Viper=UE Cruiser
-Starbridge=Zacht Fighter
-Laviathion=UE Battle Ship

I have a ship that's a Voinaim carriar with plasma siphon

are plasma siphon's good?

Emalgha weaps are nice to have if you're fighting Voinians, but their range is too small to safely use against the bigger ships.

I beleive there was a per that had a really cool Emalga turret/gun that ripped me to shreds in seconds. That thing shot off the map!

There should be a plug that increases the range. Just by a little bit, not makeing it be like a 200 mm rail gun.

@it-000, on Jan 12 2008, 03:17 PM, said in Blaze, Phase or Plasma:

Port Authority is so fun! You can get a really weird ship by just loading another ship from nova. Someone should make a guide to this.

-Viper=UE Cruiser
-Starbridge=Zacht Fighter
-Laviathion=UE Battle Ship

I have a ship that's a Voinaim carriar with plasma siphon

are plasma siphon's good?
I beleive there was a per that had a really cool Emalga turret/gun that ripped me to shreds in seconds. That thing shot off the map!

There should be a plug that increases the range. Just by a little bit, not makeing it be like a 200 mm rail gun.

I think plasma siphons were good in 1.00 but got nerfed a bit so they used fuel and maybe did less damage (not sure on that one). The emalgha pers was the disco bison (my favourite pers from all 3 games) and the gun was the disco machine gun which you can only get with a plug. On topic I prefer phase just because of the range and ultimate shield destroying power plus it was fun going from trying to kill turncoats in a UE fighter with 4 blaze cannons to completely anhiliating them in an arada with 4 phase cannons and a phase turret.

This post has been edited by egroeg5 : 13 January 2008 - 04:49 AM

My favorite isn't even listed up there.

I like Neutron Cannons. Phase is okay if all you'll be fighting is either Crescent or Human dudes, but Phase does jack squat against my preferred prey: Voinians.

Their own weapons turned against them make for a very nasty attack indeed.

My favorite isn't even listed up there.

I like Neutron Cannons.

IT accidentally called neutron plasma.

The emalgha pers was the disco bison (my favourite pers from all 3 games)

Mine too. I'm in a disco music phase and bison and buffalo are the same thing, so the name works out for me. Also, he's flying in a ship made out of wood.