The No Name Bar

Elessa laughed, rewiring her pulse bombs for low elecromagnetic discharge. This would be fun...
---
SENDING MESSAGE
My dear Reverend Sen,
I am looking forward to meeting you in person for the first time. I'm warning you though, if this Jacey person becomes too much of a threat, I may be forced to seriously injure him. And his friends. Not that I object...in fact, it sounds like a great deal of fun. If I go down, which is most unlikely, have your agents ready to come in and take over. I will not botch this mission. In the unlikely chance that I do, I do not want you to lose said hostage because I screwed something up. Your biological information and history of the hostage does not phase me...there have been worse assignments.
And I am glad to know that you do not consider me a leak as to this assignment. If you had said something implying me as a faulty assassin, I would have had to seriously reconsider both this job and my loyalty to your well being. I'm sure you understand what I am implying, as you appear to be an intelligent person, at least on paper. Have fun waiting.
-Elessa
MESSAGE SENT
---
She stepped up to the door of the bar, looking around and assessing the situation. The target, Yume, appeared not to be in sight. However, this gave her an excellent chance to wait and size up the competition she was going to have.
-This is gonna be fun...-
---
SENDING MESSAGE
As another note, I shall have to wait, as the target does not appear to be in the bar. So have patience, my dear employer, and do not rush me as I work.
-Elessa
MESSAGE SENT

------------------
Hm...looks around How much madness and mayhem can I create here?

(This message has been edited by hi-mi-tsu (edited 08-15-2004).)

Suddenly, the bar went black. Not dark, black. No one could see anything, and another rustle was heard. There was an heave and a moan, and Elessa went airborne out the door of the bar. A deformed purple katana emerged from the darkness, followed by the gothic appearance of Cyden. "Stay out of this place, death comes to those with haste. " The undead warrior slipped back into the darkness, but soon a spinning dagger found it's way right next to Elessa's head, and it seemed that a note was on it. After Elessa shook off the pain, she took the note from the knife.

Yume isn't in the bar, she took a walk, along with Jacey. Jacey was on his way to find Squiggy and Bishop, apparent friends off his. Yume is alone, but still dangerous. A low electrical discharge will only slow that cyborg down. Try a high discharge, it will knock her systems offline for 3.2 minutes, and after that it will take 5 minutes for her to become fully aware of her surroundings. Do not underestimate her.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Nevermore (edited 08-15-2004).)

Her eyes widened as she read the note pinned next to her head. "What in the hell?"
---
SENDING MESSAGE
Reverend Sen, we may have a problem. I am recieving advice on locations and what type of pulse to use for this battle from a creature that speaks in riddles and blasted me out of the bar. Requesting advice of some type. Of any type. A detailed description of what little I saw of the creature is attached to this notice.
-Elessa
MESSAGE SENT
---
She sat on the ground outside the bar, shaken for the first time in several years about this job. Could it be that she was getting in deeper then she could deal with?

------------------

William Jenson had had a long day at the docking bay. There had been 2 lubricant spills, and some idiot new guy had tipped over a rack of fuel injector plugs. Ah well, good to get to bed at last. He flopped down onto the mattress, turned out the light with the remote, and automatically reached over to turn the alarm on to buzzer. His hand groped on the empty table top. He could've sworn it was always just there, in fact, he remembered seeing it there just a few seconds ago. He turned the lights back on.

One of the Nirttefs was tossing his clock in its hand.

---

{To Elessa}
I am dreadfully sorry I could not prevent this creature from assailing you thusly. Follow the advice; I am investigating the figure you have described. You may have been quite spot on in your remark, "What in the hell?" My agents have secured the target room, I have included a map to it, as you may have to take alternate routes now that Yume has moved. Three minutes, twelve seconds should be plenty of time for you to get her into the portal. After that, I have extreme doubts about her being able to disrupt the flow of the mission. I give my sincere apologies if I have seemed to rush your actions, I am afraid I had underestimated the one who attacked you. Continue in stealth, our 'rival's' disruption may have caused a little suspicion, so I advise you to make your way around the bar, or wait a while before entering again. Good luck.

---

Far within the halls of a particular cavern in the Netherworld, a silent voice spoke out of the stillness.

"Cyden, come to me. Follow Elessa and Yume through the portal. Jacey will follow them. We have much to discuss."

------------------
Me Bar Pics Page-> (url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/ami/Menu1.html")http://homepage.mac.com/ami/Menu1.html(/url)
'You couldn't get a clue during clue mating season in a field of clues if you smeared your body in musk and did the clue mating dance.' -Severin

(This message has been edited by Hamster2 (edited 08-15-2004).)

(This message has been edited by Hamster2 (edited 08-15-2004).)

The shadowy figure stood as the Hacker helped Dech with the computer. It silently left the bar, and Dech again was struck by the way it moved. Something familiar...

------------

Nicol sat up. How in the hell did she get back here? She'd been investigating the woman that had been having Dech followed... Then the presence. Perplexed, she walked over to the bathroom attached to the cabin. Looking in the mirror, she realized she hadn't slept for a very long time. And though she had apparently been sleeping for a while, she was still tired. Odd... she thought, as she slumped back into bed, asleep.

------------

Piccolo walked through the corridor, seeking his employer. The flame-haired woman paid well, although there was something funny about her. She seemed to be able to smell his fear, offering him more money for the odd job of following the bartender.

A shadow. Something had passed in front of the lights above. Piccolo looked up frantically. Now was not the time to get mugged, with so much money on him.

OOC: and I'm falling asleep as I write. I shall continue tomorrow night.

------------------
(url="http://"http://thegreenfiles.net/")thegreenfiles.net(/url)
"Oh... is that right, Rambo?"
cogito cogito ergo cogito sum
thegreenfile@gmail.com

OOC: Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, extraterrestrials and superplanaries all. We'll get back to Shek and Somm when thegreenfile and I work out some details. For now, we return to the story, as seen from Borb IX and Zathe ek Daal, the Empire's greatest Ship Commanders.

===================

The Legend of the Voronov
Part III

The V. I. S. Thorokovsky, Voinian-Emalgha Border

The Emalgha warship still had not changed position, noted Ship Commander First Rank Borb IX. Odd. Well, the warship’s captain didn’t know about the shield generator. And he was probably counting on his reinforcements being more than a match for a regular Voinian frigate.

But the Thorokovsky was no regular frigate.

“How long until the Emalgha vermin arrive?”

“Twelve minutes, sir. Isled says they’ll come out right next to our friend.”

“Good. I want rockets launched as soon as they exit hyperspace. We’ll engage them and see whether or not VSD was right about our new shield power.”

“Aye sir. It’ll help having two shield grids, though. They won’t be expecting the switch.” Borb grinned his agreement, and then activated the ship-wide communications system.

“Attention: this is your Ship Commander speaking. In ten minutes, we shall singlehandedly annihilate an Emalghan battle group. Battle stations.”

The crew was fully ready in two minutes. Voinian discipline was strong. After the minutes ticked away, four Emalgha fighters and a second warship emerged from hyperspace. They were immediately met by two Voinian rockets, and one of the fighters exploded instantly as it took one of the missiles head on.

“Activate primary shield grid. Keep secondary grid on instant standby.”

“Main grid up. S-grid 2 standby aye.”

“Open fire with all weapons. Wipe out the warships first. Then we’ll see whether these shields can stand up to massed fighter firepower.”

A hail of weapons fire erupted from the Thorokovsky , slamming into the lead Emalgha warship. It returned fire with its armor-piercing rounds, but the new kinetic shield grid held most of them back. The warship was a burning husk in moments, and the frigate’s fire shifted from it to the second warship.

The fighters were now upon the Thorokovsky , their fire joining that of the warship. After perhaps fifteen seconds, the primary shield grid dropped to 10%.

“Switch to secondary shield grid!”

“Aye sir!” There was no hesitation. Everyone knew the cataclysm that would be released if the shield grids collapsed in on the hull. The shield coordinators immediately switched to the second grid.

The shields status instantly jumped to 100% as the primary shield grid relocated its influence to a position within a meter of the frigate hull to recharge, and the fully-charged, secondary shield grid relocated to take its place. The transition happened instantaneously, with no shells penetrating during the switch.

The Thorokovsky unloaded two rockets onto the second warship as its shields failed, sending it to join its dead-floating brother. Now only the three fighters remained.

“Status of shields!”

“Shields are holding steady within range of 71 to 84 percent, sir. The Dur’achi generator appears to be working admirably.”

“Very well. We’ll give ‘em another minute to try and dent our shield. Is the primary grid recharged yet?”

“Uh aye sir!” The lieutenant seemed pleasantly surprised. The generator was exceeding expectations. The recharge rate was impressive. Extremely impressive. Three fighters could fire to their hearts’ content at a frigate, and not even scratch its shields. The same would probably be true of four or five fighters, when the secondary shield grid’s abilities were taken into account. Admiral Arakev would be most pleased.

“Bring the main grid back online. We need not wait another minute to know the level of success of our mission.” Borb turned to face the main viewscreen.

“Finish the bastards off.”

Vorik High Command, VSD Headquarters

(TRANSMISSION: SECURE S-THREAD COMM. S-SIG: F0790)
REPORT OF V. I. S. THOROKOVSKY
DUR’ACHI S-GEN PERFORMED ADMIRABLY
DUAL SHIELD-GRID WEAPON DEEMED EFFECTIVE
RECOMMEND IMMEDIATE RETROFIT OF ENTIRE FLEET FRIGATE CORPS
REQUEST NEXT MISSION: TEST OF NEUTRON ROTOCANNONS
SHIPCOM V. BORB IX OUT

The V. I. S. Voronov, Some Distance From The Rock

"Sir, here is the report you asked for." Ship Engineer Second Rank Talor Ramm held out a single sheet of paper.

Ship Commander Zathe ek Daal took the form from him. He read it quickly.

"How much danger are they in?"

"I'd say a reasonable amount sir. They are swordmasters of the Sarpi War Academy, so I wouldn't worry too much; both saw action in the last major War of the Empire, and performed admirably at the Battle of Dogover. But then again, sir, this isn't space warfare. They'll be relying almost entirely on the Ell'achi battle training, and their Thanofire systems."

"But you still think they've got a fair shot at the mission."

"Absolutely, sir. And we need the weapon."

"Ain't that the truth. Very well, Talor. Thank you. I need to inform Vorik about this. They'll want to know about the telepaths."

"Aye sir." Talor took the implied dismissal and left.

Zathe turned back to his desk and began composing his own report to Vorik High Command.

Vorik High Command, VSD Headquarters

(TRANSMISSION: SECURE S-THREAD COMM. S-SIG: MVHF0001)
REPORT OF V. I. S. VORONOV
TELEPATH RPT TELEPATH ACTIVITY ABOARD THE ROCK
THANOFIRE SYSTEMS ACTIVE NO SIGN OF PSI-ATTACK AS YET
SEARCH CONTINUES SUCCESS EXPECTED
WILL REPORT AS SITUATION DEVELOPS
EXPECT EVERY SIX HOURS
SHIPCOM ZATHE EK DAAL OUT

------------------
Hear the Myth, Feel the Glory
(url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/ubb/search.cgi?action=intro&default;=26")The Search Feature(/url)

The dark warrior's ears twitched. He had heard the voice, but wasn't one to obey orders, escpecially by some Netherworld spirit that has mind puppets carrying out his dirty work. But these Nirttefs would be fun; killing them would make his day.

-------------

He stalked Elessa down the long corridors, deformed purple katana outwards as the dark- ragged human strafed back and forth from shadow to shadow. After about a minute, Elessa came upon thre unsuspecting Yume. This will be quite fun

------------------

(This message has been edited by Nevermore (edited 08-16-2004).)

((ooc: Nevermore, while others may have given you permission to dictate their actions, I did not. Please refrain from this sort of post from now on, unless previously discussed with me. Thank you.))

Elessa grinned, tracing the shortest route back to the room with the so-called "agents" and from there, to the portal. Standing still, she reconfigured her bomb as she approached the unsuspecting girl. This would be even more fun, taking a target in the middle of nowhere. Walking silently, she moved up right next to her.
---
Yume turned around, whacking the bomb out of Elessa's hand and cutting open her wrist. Elessa's eyes widened in amazement...she was sure she'd been silent.
"Damn...capturing you is gonna be harder than I thought..." Blood trickling from her wrist, she tackled the cybernetic, but found herself in a fight that would be extremely difficult to win. She was getting beaten by the girl she was supposed to capture! Her eyes lit up with anger and irritation, and she fought back with all she had.
---
The fight felt like it had been going for hours when her eyes fell on the dented bomb. Scooping it up, she pressed the activator.
Nothing happened. Her eyes widened as she felt Yume rushing towards her, ready for a final blow. She frantically pressed the activator two more times.
The bomb detonated, sending a shockwave that was much stronger than she'd expected out. Swiveling, she caught the now-unconcious cybernetic just before she hit the ground. Elessa smiled triumphantly. "Excellent."
---
Elessa ran through the town, following the route she'd memorized from the map, an unconcious Yume slung over her shoulders. Her eyes were nearly glowing with excitement and a strange type of madness as she mentally counted off the seconds.
-Thirty-three, thirty-four...only two and a half minutes left. Run faster!-
She kicked up the speed, skidding around a corner into an alley that should lead directly to the back door of the room where the agents were. She typed out a message with one hand on her PC, sending it to this "Reverend Sen".
---
SENDING MESSAGE
Hostage aquired. Expect difficulty in getting her to you, including Jacey, his friends, and the strange creature from before. ETA to meeting with assistants: Two minutes. Good hunting, my friend.
-Elessa
MESSAGE SENT
---
She continued her run down the alley, though the cybernetic was proving to be much heavier than she had anticipated, due to her construction. It would be harder to fight...then again, she always loved a challenge. A hellish grin grew on her face as she found herself almost wishing one of the so-called "enemies" would show up, just to give her a chance to burn off her adrenaline.

((ooc: This post has been edited by hi-mi-tsu 8/16/2004, with Seraphim's permission.))

------------------

(This message has been edited by hi-mi-tsu (edited 08-16-2004).)

ooc: Heh.Eheheheh.

On the windswept, netherworldly plateau, an entire army of Nirttefs had assembled, all staring with unblinking plates of glass at the black oval, hanging in air. A little wind kicked up, and a faint rustling was heard, as their hats and cloaks moved in the wind. Their fists were clenched, and their legs ready to spring. Four Nirttefs had taken the perimeter of the plateau, and were chanting strange and acrid words into the thin air, causing a sort of streaked dome to begin to materialize around the surface of the plateau. It crackled slightly with a dull yellow, but otherwise, was basically invisible.

---

One of the Nirttefs in the reception room cocked its head, then made a quick gesture to the others, and they all assumed a crouching stance. The number of them doubled, and they coated the walls, and hung from the ceiling. The only path left led to the black, pencil thin oval, hanging in air.

---

"Hmmm, doesn't want to cooperate does he? Maybe he'll pay me a visit all the same..."

{To Elessa} VOX MESSAGE

---

Elessa's device beeped to life, and a voice came from it. A deep, but non-threatening voice. It seemed, almost a kind voice.
"Good work, everything is arranged, and good luck. Our rival may pose more a danger to us as I had previously thought. It is not demonic in origin, and I suspect it to be an animated warrior of great antiquity. Make haste, and good luck.

------------------
Me Bar Pics Page-> (url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/ami/Menu1.html")http://homepage.mac.com/ami/Menu1.html(/url)
'You couldn't get a clue during clue mating season in a field of clues if you smeared your body in musk and did the clue mating dance.' -Severin

Matt lay helplessly in the morgue for a few hours before his shell began to slough off like a snakeskin. Matt knew that he had been hallucinating; the lack of oxygen probably had something to do with it. He gathered up his skin and stuffed them with the battered remains of his EVA suit. The coveralls weren’t in much better shape, but at least he didn’t have to worry about parading around the station naked; that would have caused a few unnecessary speculations. He decided it was best if he got his original clothes back out of his storage space. The rumors were still floating about (a man in a wheelchair shot bolts of rainbow colored fire and burned his fifty attackers alive!) but they had lost most of their credence and importance.

He reached his “locker” without having much attention called upon him and he removed his clothing and contacts and changed quickly. There was much more work to finish with Yume and the young man. Then there was the man who had “saved” him. The relationship between him and Yume’s partner could have several forms. He doubted that it was parasitic or else the elder man wouldn’t have risked helping Matt. He believed that the younger man was aware of it, but he had no solid evidence for that assumption either. If his assumptions were correct it was most likely a symbiotic single-host excursion, but he’d been wrong before. Matt would need to search for the elder man in the station now that he had a definite “scent” on him. Matt’s perfect memory never rested, even in sleep, but the station was too large for him to search. He would find the “mystery man” when the “mystery man” chose to be found, it was easy to hide from a blind man.

The bar wasn’t empty, but Yume and her companion were gone. He sensed the creature that had murdered a few boys who were “enjoying themselves.” That was one new arrival look after. It didn’t have an evil feeling, but its actions didn’t show it to be a pinnacle of morality either. Outside the bar was another new arrival, she smelled of habitual coldness. Even though she was torn by something at the moment. That feeling was one he commonly associated with assassins, however she was in turmoil. She must have accepted a target beyond her capabilities, either one of the psychics or Yume. There was a reason for her to target Yume, though he had assumed that her creators would prefer her alive. They might attempt assassination, however, or the girl could have jumped in without concrete terms with the offer of a large sum. He’d make sure to track where this one went. She might be dangerous. First, it he decided to search for Yume and since the entire station was bugged that was just a matter of a few bribes.

------------------
I move along the path alone, without a friend, without a home.
Yet though this tortured path I roam, knowing that my mind doth foam;
in madness shall I ever seek, an answer for the poor and meek.

OOC: Anyways, if anyone wants to use my character for anything, email me so we can discuss before hand please. Thank you. ^.^

------------------
Life is learning to find happiness in any situation, however bad it may seem.

(This message has been edited by Seraphim (edited 08-16-2004).)

(This message has been edited by Seraphim (edited 08-16-2004).)

OOC: Mmphh!! Serves me right for not being around in the last few days...is Nevermore Ta-vora? or someone else?...is hi-mi-tsu a friend of Hamster’s...I’m so incredibly confused right now...

Valence, dear, where are you? Hides hammer behind her back

The voice was becoming more persuasive. For the last few minutes it had been yelling at her to get up; take charge of the situation. Larra closed her eyes in a pathetic attempt to shut it out. What was the voice, anyway? Where had it come from? She didn’t remember....hell, she didn’t remember anything at all, not to mention something as trivial as the voice....

Her shoulder was beginning to cramp in retaliation for the uncomfortable way she was slumped on the ground. Actually it had been like this all along; she was only becoming aware of it now, and it bothered her .

Larra shifted slightly, moving to a better position. Something touched her leg, so she opened one clouded violet eye to look. She wouldn’t have bothered if the voice had not demanded for her to do so. The silvery glint of the chain was greatly dulled by the lack of light, but it was there.

The voice was yabbering something about destroying the chain, somehow she was supposed to be able to do it easily. Larra didn’t see a reason to. Wouldn’t it only stop the pain? Eventually, though, she found herself conceding to the voice and wishing the chain would simply disappear. The instant the thought entered her mind, the sliver snake obeyed, dissolving into nothing.

She drifted off again, the significance of what she had done not registering in her weakened mind. The voice, all that was left of her old self, yelled on, trying to convince her to free the rest of it from the last of Nevell’s restraints. Every time Larra obeyed the voice, it worked itself a little closer to freedom.

She made a pathetic attempt to get up but failed, so severely weakened that even a small change in elevation made her incredibly dizzy. By now, though, she was doing everything the voice commanded her to do, simply in the hopes that it would leave her alone.

Across the blackness of her mind, Nevell noticed that Larra was beginning to regain her strength and sense of self. She was stronger than he had originally assumed. All he could do now was attempt to keep Harmony from noticing...

------------------
If all the world's a stage, why'd I get the part of the psycho?

Jacey followed Yume from about thirty yards back, and when he saw her enter the alley alone, he hesitated. Should he follow her in there and risk blowing his cover?

Suddenly, a second woman came and entered the alley.

Aha! Jacey pulled out his blaster and snuck up to the corner. He looked around the edge and saw Yume grappling with the other woman.

Niiiiiiiiice Yume had landed a kick to the side of the other woman's face. I didn't know she could do that... WHOA... What else can that sweet body do?

Jacey seriously stopped to consider this.

Once he had shaken some of the excessively imaginative thoughts from his mind, Jacey looked around the corner again and froze in shock. Wait! It's over?!

He ran away from the alley's edge and waited to see what was going on.

A woman in a black trenchcoat carried Yume over one shoulder.

Ohohoho... NOBODY touches Yume...
"Not even me," Jacey added aloud.

Then he smiled because deep inside, there was one thing Jacey would always love more than the girl - drama.
The tears he wept - exaggerated.
The passionate words he sang to her - exaggerated.
It was a way for him to add excitement and color to the darkness around him, something he lived for. He still had noble feelings for Yume, and he would still give his life for this stranger he had met.

But right before him in the form of another strange woman was anothe opportunity for excitement.

It's PARTY TIME!

Jacey ran after the woman, who had suddenly picked up the pace. Jacey decided he would move on without Bishop's help.

(This message has been edited by JaceySquires (edited 08-17-2004).)

((ooc: I'm a friend of Hamster's...and Nevermore used to be The Hacker, I think.))

------------------

OOC: Well, I'm not holding my plot up for this. The story must roll, people.

===============

The Legend of the Voronov
Part IV

Imperial Command, Voina Overworld, Voinia System

The message was composed and sent out rapidly. With the seal of the emperor affixed to the orders, and the priority of the fleet admiral backing it up, action would follow quickly.

Isled Naval Research Institute

(TRANSMISSION: SECURE S-THREAD COMM. S-SIG: IC/V)
COMMAND ORDER 0513.061.255907.9382
COMMENCE FLEETWIDE REFIT OF FRIGATE CORPS
MASS PRODUCTION OF DUR’ACHI S-GEN TO BE HANDLED BY SUPPLY DIRECTORATE REFIT COMPLETION DATE EXPECTED WITHIN THREE MONTHS
COMMENCE PREPARATIONS FOR ROTOCANNON REFITS
FLTADMICOM ARAKEV

The commander of Isled got about his business immediately after perusing the order. Over a hundred frigates were already in Isled, in preparation for the massive upgrading the Voinian Imperial Fleet was about to undergo. Shipyard Commanders across the Empire did the same, after they had received the same message.

The preparations for Operation Shadowstorm had begun.

The V. I. S. Thorokovsky, Vorik High Command

At VSD headquarters, a different kind of refit was under way. The regular neutron weaponry of the Empire’s test frigate was being replaced with some new experimental armaments. The neutron rotocannon, a much more efficient and deadly version of the standard Voinian energy weapon, was set to bring about a sweeping change in the Fleet. Capable of firing over a hundred times faster than its predecessor, the rotocannon’s shots, although of less individual power than those of the regular cannon, would nonetheless be more effective, since more of them would hit per unit time. It also helped that the rotocannon was much more accurate. Even fighters would have a difficult time dodging the rotocannon’s rounds.

Ship Commander First Rank Borb IX looked on impassively. Whether the new weapon really would live up to its developers’ promises could only be seen in the field of battle. The Dur’achi shield generator had passed the test that only he was qualified to give. For his crew’s sake, Borb hoped the same could be said of this new weapon.

After twelve hours, the job was done. Some tweaking of the energy requirements had been in order, but after reading the Engineers’ reports, Borb felt confident that the Thorokovsky ’s reactors could handle the slight increase in energy demand. The Ship Commander set course for the border once again, his ship and crew going to do their vital duty for the Empire once more.

------------------
Hear the Myth, Feel the Glory
(url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/ubb/search.cgi?action=intro&default;=26")The Search Feature(/url)

Originally posted by hi-mi-tsu:
**((ooc: I'm a friend of Hamster's...and Nevermore used to be The Hacker, I think.))

Well, I was half right...Nevermore confused me because that's Ta-vora's name on TGF's board, but he sure didn't write like him...

------------------
If all the world's a stage, why'd I get the part of the psycho?

ooc: Jacey needs to be following Yume I would not 'wait this one out' if I were you

{To Elessa} VOX MESSAGE

"Another chaser, name of Matt, I am not sure what he plans to do. From slight hints I have gathered that he is somewhat tied to Yume, but I cannot say how or why. If he tries to find her from his present position, though, he will have a horrible time of it, and you will most likely have transported her to the portal by then. My agents have come across a wealth of long dormant booby traps, littered throughout the station, that are now in full operation and extremely sensitive. Stay on your path to the room, and you should not encounter any of them. Good Luck."

---

"Arr, what'cha be doin' at me monitor board there, stranger?"

The Nirttef barely gave impaling the old security man another thought, and continued forcing his way through the Rock's many surveillance networks. If only that foolish Hacker fellow hadn't ran off like he did, this would be much easier

------------------

ACTIVATE VOX MESSAGE
Dammit! You didn't tell me that she had inhanced hearing and fighting skills! In fact...there was a lot of things you didn't tell me, my dear employer...important details that we shall have to discuss as soon as we meet in person. As for those tracking me...let them find me. I'll take out my irritation with you on them.
MESSAGE SENT
---
Elessa stopped for a moment, allowing herself time to breathe. He had left out several important bits of information that were crucial to the overall success of this mission...and he was going to get an earful when she finally met him.
Catching her breath, she began to run again.

------------------

Elessa turned her head at the sound of footsteps turning around the alley corner.

An elderly pirate blinked at her, then trudged off.

Elessa heaved a sigh of relief. She had to continue moving - but suddenly a smirking boy appeared at the opposite end of the alley.

He wagged his index finger at her.
"Now, now, we can't go running off without good ol' Jacey... That wouldn't be fun , now would it?"

Jacey whipped out his blaster. Elessa smiled. She knew her mission had seemed a little too easy, and at least things were finally getting interesting. However, she didn't expect much from the insolent youth...
until Jacey pulled the trigger.

Twin rapid shots of blaster fire razed each side of Elessa's head, shaving her curls off both sides. Jacey neatly flicked his blaster from "stun" to "kill" before the locks of hair even hit the ground.

Jacey laughed at the image before him. A muscular woman with the sides of her head newly shaved held Yume's luscious body over one shoulder.
Well, it's not exactly a mullet, but I think the joke will be understood well enough... Jacey winked at Elessa. "I hope you don't have any perverted fantasies planned for that attractive dame you've got there. It just so happens I'm a pretty decent shot."

Jacey spun his blaster around in his hand - and cursed when he dropped it.

It was Elessa's turn to laugh. That's what you get for showing off!

(This message has been edited by JaceySquires (edited 08-17-2004).)

Her eyes darkened as she carefully lowered Yume to the ground. "You insolent little dick!" Then she began to laugh as what he said finally hit her. "Oh...so you're Jacey...the love interest...how excellent." Scooping the cybernetic back up, she advanced a couple paces and set her down on top of a dumpster. "Now, Jacey,I was ordered not to be...rash, by the man who's paying me a considerable amount of money to capture your lovely little half-metal love. However..." Elessa pulled her twin katanas from their sheaths. "Seeing as you're standing in between me and where I have to go, I'm sure he'll forgive me for...roughing you up a bit." Her laughter rang in the narrow alley, chilling and cruel.
---
Moving almost too fast for Jacey to see, she appeared right next to him, kicking his blaster out of the way. Pressed up against him, her lips brushed his ear. "And just think how poor lil Yume is going to feel when I tell her all about your failed rescue attempt...she'll be utterly crushed that the boy she so idolized was beaten by a girl and couldn't save her." Laughing again, she leapt away from him, blades at the ready.
"How fun...I do so enjoy humiliating little boys who are under the illusion that they're men..." Her eyes were blazing with excitement again, and a thirst for blood that was truly frightening to those who realized what it was.

------------------