The No Name Bar

Her eyes narrowed as she wiped her lips. Her shin was fractured, at least, and it hurt like a bitch. "Damn you...you little punk..." Her eyes widened as they fell on the dumpster...the empty dumpster.
---
"****!" Her eyes flared and she leapt at Jacey, landing on top of him, knife to his throat. "If you don't tell me where whoever took her went in ten seconds, I'm going to kill you."

------------------
Hm...looks around How much madness and mayhem can I create here?

(This message has been edited by hi-mi-tsu (edited 08-17-2004).)

Jacey looked into Elessa's eyes. He knew she'd kill him in a heartbeat if he didn't take her threat seriously.

"Get off of me. There is a person on this station who's name is Matt. I just saw him grab Yume. A side note: he's supposedly blind. I'm not buying it. Either way, get off of me."

Jacey wondered if Elessa would believe him. After all, it was all he knew.

(This message has been edited by JaceySquires (edited 08-17-2004).)

Her eyes narrowed and she pressed the blade harder against his throat, a thin line of blood scoring the edge of his skin. "I don't believe you. After all, I'm trying to take your beloved girl away from you. Tell me where he went...TELL ME! Or so help me god...I will kill you where you lay, whether or not my boss wants to keep you alive."

------------------

(This message has been edited by hi-mi-tsu (edited 08-17-2004).)

The Legend of the Voronov
Part V

The Rock

Shek Sunrunner and Lelos Somm walked down one of the passageways within the Rock. The two swordmasters, out of habit, were taking a somewhat indirect path to hanger section 3. They would take a direct way back, also out of habit, once they were finished. The only habit you need ever have, the warprophets of the Sarpi War Academy had said, is the habit of unpredictability. Of course, it remained up to the individual swordmaster how to achieve that unpredictability. There was only one test. And they were still alive.

“I do not like this, Shek,” Lelos commented.

“Look, you remember just as well as I do that Dech is reliable. He’s trustworthy.”

“Yes, I know, I know. And yes, I also know Vorik High Command said to use whatever means necessary to acquire the weapon. I’d just rather be doing the job myself.”

“And do you think you could hack through the security nets here? It’d be like trying to crack the VSD. Besides, we know no one here, aside from him. He can help us, through those he knows.”

Lelos Somm’s only reply was silence.

“Do not worry, my friend. We will succeed. But we have something of immediate interest to deal with at the moment.”

After a few more minutes of walking, the two Dur’achi arrived at hangar section 3. They entered, moving with the effortless deadly grace that marked all Dur’achi swordmasters, and all elite warriors of any culture, for that matter. They quickly took in the hangar bay, committing to short-term memory the locations of various objects that might become suddenly useful in combat.

Yet there seemed to be no sign of this mysterious woman with long, red hair.

Isled Naval Research Institute, Isled System

Fleet Commander Irayev examined the report the Isled Engineer had given him. The new specifications of his fleet’s frigates were impressive. Irayev began to understand, considering the new technology, the true implications of Operation Shadowstorm.

This isn’t just a conquest of the Emalgha By Borb what are we about to do?

The Voinian 7th Fleet had been the first to have its frigates refitted with the new generators. They’d have to come back, of course, once the rotocannons were ready, but for now, all fifty of the Border Fleets would receive the upgrade and then return to their posts, their combat power significantly augmented.

The V. I. S. Thorokovsky, Voinian-Emalgha Border

“So the Emalgha scum still maintain their border pickets.”

“So it would seem, sir.”

Visible on the Thorokovsky ’s tactical display were the shapes of four Emalgha warships, a significant increase over previous operating procedure. Apparently the ships they’d killed earlier had managed to warn the Elders about new Voinian technology.

Whatever the case, four warships would, at best, leave some dents in the Thorokovsky ’s armor. At least, so long as the rotocannons delivered. The battle would be tricky.

This is an instance, Borb IX thought to himself, in which I’d like to have at least some fighter support. Out loud, he said, “Prepare to engage the lead picket ship.”

The Thorokovsky ’s crew, already at their battle stations, checked their instruments and weapons one final time. They trusted their ship commander, since he had told them why he had taken on the job of field tester. “You will always be aboard the Empire’s most capable, well-equipped ship.” He cared for their lives. And when the battles came, they gave everything they had, because they knew that the ship commander would only risk their lives when he deemed it was essential to the Empire’s survival.

The Emalgha ships had moved closer to the frigate. They weren’t venturing outside the protection radius of one another’s weapons, which left Borb with few options. Rockets might be the best way to try and disperse the formation. The rotocannon, unfortunately, had little to no range improvement over the conventional neutron cannon.

“Flood rocket tubes 1 and 2. Target the middle two warships.”

The combat control center (CCC) aboard the frigate moved quickly. “Rockets armed, sir.”

“Fire. Re-flood tubes, and spin up rotocannons.”

“Aye, sir.”

The rockets streaked towards the lead two picket ships. One of them impacted the second warship, but the second one missed its target. However, it still detonated, causing some damage to the third and fourth warships.

Soon the warships were within range of the frigate’s main weapons, and the frigate was within range of the Emalgha weapons as well.

“Open fire with all weapons! Focus fire upon the most damaged targets!”

The rotocannons spewed out thousands of rounds of neutron fire amid the hail of Emalgha mass driver slugs and two more Voinian heavy rockets. The second warship was soon a burning husk in space, and soon the fires extinguished themselves, after all the air aboard the ship had been consumed. The frigate was taking a hammering, though. Already they’d had to switch to their secondary grid, and it would fail soon too. The primary grid was only charged back to 60% when they had to switch again.

The rotocannons, thankfully, were doing the job their developers had promised. Soon the third warship was disabled, and the fourth was unable to avoid two rockets that holed the ship. The first warship managed to bring down the frigate’s shields.

“Sir, we have hull breaches in the armor! Sections 9 and 51 have been breached. Secondary airlocks and blast doors have been secured.”

“Re-flood tubes. Concentrate rotocannon fire upon the final ship.”

The neutron bursts rapidly took down the Emalgha shields. The two rockets were fired, and, remarkably, although it happened often enough, both missed. And all the while, the armor of the frigate was failing.

“Re-flood tubes!”

“Aye sir! Tubes flooded.”

“Nail ‘em!”

This time, both rockets pierced the Emalgha hull and detonated inside.

“Bring us around. Prepare boarding parties for the disabled ship. Vorik has some questions for the vermin.”

------------------
Hear the Myth, Feel the Glory
(url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/ubb/search.cgi?action=intro&default;=26")The Search Feature(/url)

"YOUR BOSS?!"

Jacey winced. This assassin was wasting his time, and the thought of Matt touching Yume was driving him crazy. Screw romance. What about getting his dignity back?

Matt had no business messing in his affairs, and Yume had no business hiding her true nature from him when Jacey had made himself so vulnerable to her. He'd have to speak to both of them - AFTER he found them.

He spit in Elessa's face. "DAMN YOU!!"

Elessa began to move the blade across his throat.
He had to calm down if he would pull this off.

"Look, neither of us wants that other guy going after Yume. AM I RIGHT?"

Elessa blinked.

"SO GET OFF OF ME!!"

Elessa kept the blade against his throat but considered this.

"This will benefit both of us. I'm the only one who would recognize him, and if you want to find Yume, you're going to need my help to do so. Not that I'd allow you to grab her anyway," Jacey muttered.

Yume was in trouble either way, and Jacey was running out of time.
"We can finish this later," he added.

------------------

(This message has been edited by JaceySquires (edited 08-17-2004).)

Her eyes narrowed as she removed the blade and stood slowly. "I'll get rid of you when I find her. Until then..." She pressed her knife against his Adam's apple. "Try any funny business and I'll kill you."
---
Her eyes traveled the alley. "Come. Now. Where did they go?" She turned, seeing him try to pick up his blaster. "And don't even think about touching that or I'll kill you now and find them myself."

------------------

"Good luck with that, bitch."

Jacey crouched down and picked up his blaster.

"Don't think I won't be needing this myself."

------------------
...to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
(Mt7:8)

"Damn...use it on me and die, moron." Her eyes darkened dangerously.
---
VOX MESSAGE
Someone took her and got away with it. Blame me for it and I'll kill you myself. I'm going after her. Send your idiotic little agents if you must, but as you can tell, I'm a tad irritated. So don't mess me up.
MESSAGE SENT
---
She exited the alley, keeping one eye on Jacey.

------------------

It wasn’t safe in the brothels, but it wasn’t any safer anywhere else. He had arrived in the brothel in a common style, a black trench coat and a girl over his shoulder. He purchased a few kilograms of illegal drugs and a sensory enhancer at the door and paid out an atrocious fee for a couple days of privacy. As soon as he got in the room, he stashed the pleasure equipment and laid Yume out on the bed before pulling out a camera of his own that would prove he’d done no harm to her. No one could ever tell when a bit of proof would be needed. Immediately afterwards he checked her pulse and respiration, it was normal so apparently she’d been disabled in another way. It didn’t take him long to figure it out, with a doctor’s photonic scanning device he determined she was also a cybernetic. It surprised him slightly, her creators must not have known that superior genetic conditioning was superior to crudely grafted machinery. After he discovered what the problem was it was easy to correct. It was unfortunate that her mechanical parts were so well designed, they “knew” what they had been through and would have an increased resistance to the next assault. All he could do now was wait for the few minutes until she woke up and hope she wasn’t angry. Why had he gotten involved?

------------------
I move along the path alone, without a friend, without a home.
Yet though this tortured path I roam, knowing that my mind doth foam;
in madness shall I ever seek, an answer for the poor and meek.

Yume rushed at the one who attacked her as she hadn't even taken a hit yet while she got ready to punch her head right off her shoulders.
Yume had been sure to damage the electromagnetic device even though she knew it would do no good since her creators had taken into consideration of such a device used upon her although to the levels in which the devices were supposedly and possible to be.
But because she had damaged it, it had messed up the wiring and how strong it was supposed to be so the power of it had sky rocketed.
So when the woman was able to finally activate it, the blast had gone to the extreme and lethal levels and her body had not been ready for it so she was knocked out while the world went black...
Yume wouldn't be surprised if the blast had also somehow harmed the women since the blast had been much stronger than was intended and than what it was supposedly to be at a safe level that it won't even harm the organic being who used it.

----------

Now, Yume's body was enhancing itself. Repairing and making itself better. Her body had been designed to learn and enhance so that she could do better the next time. Much better. Not only her body, but her mind or whatnot if that's what you wanted to call it. Her body would twitch every so often and it almost looked like there was something crawling under her skin. Next time, such an electromagnetic device won't even faze her. No matter how strong and powerful it was.

But right now, Yume was still unconscious until her body was finished in enhancing itself so all she could do now was just lay on the bed that someone had placed her upon as eye lids would twitch every so often as it was clear that her eyes were moving under them, almost like when someone was dreaming. And even as she dreamed, some of her mechanical parts were being overcome by organic substances. Her body was literally became more organic by the second and in a few years, she wouldn't even be cybernetic anymore.

----------

_
There was a room now that was pitch black other than the tiny, flickering lights that came from the technology that filled the room while two sillouhettes could ever so slightly could be seen in the darkness.
"Status Report..."
"The Project is going well Sir... The organism is doing well with all the tests and even its mechanical parts are..."
"Mechanical parts? I thought we agreed on superior genetic conditioning?"
"We did... but we have found a way so that in only a few years, the project will be just that."
"You did? I must say that I am quite pleased..."
"I'm glad you are Sir. I am sorry for the surprise but the project wouldn't have survived if we hadn't put some mechanical parts within it. From all of our effort in making it stronger, smarter, and better from the rest would have overwhelmed her body and she would have not survived so we had to put some mechanical parts within her so that she could survive through all of the construction and development until her organic body adapted to such extreme levels of strength, power, and intelligence."
"You of course realized that it was supposed to stay organic even from creation..."
"Yes, I know Sir but how else would the project had survived? All the others have failed and this is our last chance. Seraphim is the only one who has survived and that is only because she had mechanical parts that kept her alive."
"I know, I know... So Seraphim will be organic over the years and not cybernetic, is that correct?"
"Yes Sir. The mechanical parts within her are so minimal that her organic body which is supposed to learn and enhance itself will over come the mechanical parts and shall make her completely organic one day since crudely grafted machinery is inferior to superior genetic conditioning of course... Even as we speak, her body is ever so slightly destroying the mechanical parts at a very slow but safe rate..."
"Good... but one more thing... Do not ever call it a her.."
"Why not Sir? It is clear that her body is female in every way so I don't understand...-"
"Enough! Seraphim might look in every way like a normal female but she is not. It is not even of our race... It is different from everything else... An outcast... And like so, shall be treated as one so for now on you will not call it in any way that will say that its a female, do you understand?"
"Yes, Sir..."
"And also, once Seraphim awakens don't ever trust it no matter what. Never. It is not one to be trusted even if we are the ones who created it. It was also put in its design not to trust anyone. This will keep it from becoming vulnerable although it is supposed to play along and act in different ways to complete its assignments. Because of its overwhelming enhancements which we thought were impossible in the past, it is considered to be lethal to even us. All we can hope is that it won't ever learn to rebel against us for any reason..."
"Yes Sir... isn't that why we have excluded emotions from its design?"
"True... without emotions, it will be less likely that it will rebel. Although Seraphim is supposed to learn in order to make itself more powerful and smarter so that it could carry out its missions... It is also still likely that Seraphim might end up one day seeing us as the enemy... As inferiors to it.. And in truth, we are inferior to it. So one day it might see fit to execute us as well so we must stay on our guard once it awakens and be prepared for the worse and for anything..."
"Of course Sir..."
While the two shadows in the background continue to discuss upon the development of their project was progressing while there was also some talk about nano technology, they were oblivious to the fact that they were being listened to.
There could be some kind of chamber in the far corner of the room... filled with a some sort of liquid.
And there was something inside of it, actually someone who was complete nude and young, perhaps a child, although it was curled up into an almost ball at the moment.
Eyelids ever so slightly opened while the most brilliant and gorgeous ruby red eyes peered over at the two shadows in the distance as bubbles passed its view every once in a while.
Ruby gems flashed for a moment before eyes would close all the way again to go back to its slumber while the two shadows were unaware to the difference of its mental status had changed for only a brief time._

----------

Yume's fingers twitched once as her brows moved ever so slightly. It would not be long before she would become conscious again as her body was all but finished in enhancing itself and become better and ever more unstoppable.

Even now if one tried to pry into her mind, they would find themselves blocked by an almost unpenetrable barrier that kept any from peering into her mind again as her body had sensed that it was being probed so it now also kept such a possibility of it happening again or too often at a minimum.

(This message has been edited by Seraphim (edited 08-17-2004).)

"Good, he came."

---

As soon as the smoke and dust in the air cleared a bit, the room was refilled with Nirttefs. None of the originals remains could be seen anywhere.

---

Cyden stood in the middle of the thousands of Nirttefs. He was about to begin killing them, but instead, followed the path that had been made among them. It ran to the edge of the plateau, and continued down a flight of steep stairs. Cyden walked toward the stairs, clink, clink, clink- BUMP. Easily regaining his balence, Cyden looked at the now apparent shield in front of him. He pushed at it. He drew back, and lunged at it, bizzare katana thrust forward, and was thrown back at the recoil.

"Why did you bring me here?"

"I'll open the door if you'd like," spoke an echoing voice, out of the wind.

A rectangle of the shield melted away, and Cyden, cautiously, stepped through. He continued down the stairs, down the side of the plateau, which, he could see, was several kilometers high. More of a mountain than a plateau...
Presently, he came to a hole in the side of the plateau. Entering, he found a smallish cavern, perfectly dome shaped and smooth, with a large, red pentagram etched in the center.

"Step into the pentagram."

"What will it do?"

"It will bring you to me."

"What if you are lying?"

"Then I am lying. Either way, the dome shield has been re-created. Do not bother tunneling, it is spherical."

With a shrug, Cyden strode onto the pentagram, and disappeared in a burst of flame.

---

Cyden reappeared in a huge vaulted hall. The ceiling could not be seen. Nearby, a huge sword was impaled into one of the massive stone pillars that supported the hall. Cyden approached it.

"I am here." Spoke the voice, booming this time, in it's echoes.

Cyden reached out and grabbed the hilt of the sword. He pulled.

"Your efforts are in vain, Cyden."

Maddened by the voices knowledge of his name, in addition to the fact that it implyed he was weak, Cyden braced himself on the pillar, and heaved backward. His foot began to crack the stone of the pillar, as he pushed against it, and his other foot bent up the flagstones that composed the floor, cracking and splintering them. The sword did not move.

"Who are you!" Yelled Cyden.

"I am Fettrin, the great Arch-Demon, bringer of the Pestilence of the Styx. I was born among the centermost fires of hell, and raised by the Evil One himself. As I grew in strength, so did my insolence, and I was exiled to the Mortal Planes. There I grew still more in power, and knowledge. However, wisdom did not find its place in my actions, and I was defeated by a powerful mortal, weilding a sword of Kergoth, the mighty warlord. The Kergothian status of my sword was lost in that defeat, but I did not perish from existance. I grew in power again, until I could manifest myself once more in the Mortal Realms. There I tried to wreak my vengeance against the young mortal who had previously defeated me, but I was disappointed, and fell back to Hell once more, to gather my power, preparing to strike again. The third time I returned to the Mortal Realms, I found that this mortal had actually made his way here, to the Netherworld. Eagerly following him, I was betrayed by one of his friends, my power turned against me, I was imprisoned in my own sword. And here I have lain, ever since, waiting for my release. My only means of contact has been telepathic transmissions, and the creations of my slaves, the Nirttefs. Through these, I have finally arranged a plan, which is even now coming to fruition. Only a mortal is able to pull free this sword, my sword, the Sword of the Styx, and I have chosen my mortal. I have called you here not only to tell you my story, which you may or may not believe, but also, to ask your assistance. The situation has already grown delicate, and will become even more so once the mortals, I assume you have guessed, Yume, followed by Jacey, come here. In return, not only will you be able to stop the death of innocents, which my plan does not call for, but you will also win my gratitude, a gift I have presented to no other of Otherworldly origin. Tell me of yourself, if you feel so inclined, and we may find I can be able to assist you."

---

{To Elessa} VOX MESSAGE
"I, too, cannot say I am pleased with the progress of the mission. Yume has awakened, and is more powerful than I thought she could possibly evolve to, in this short a time. There is a major change of plan. Knock out Jacey, do whatever you have to to render him totally unconscious, then, physically take him through the portal. I want Jassssssey NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGH!!!!!!!"

The voice had changed dramatically in the last sentance, there was a reptilian sounding hiss in Jacey's name, and the final 'Now!' had nearly damaged Elessa's eardrums.

She ran back up the alley, saw Jacey, and sprang.

------------------
Me Bar Pics Page-> (url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/ami/Menu1.html")http://homepage.mac.com/ami/Menu1.html(/url)
'You couldn't get a clue during clue mating season in a field of clues if you smeared your body in musk and did the clue mating dance.' -Severin

Yume was almost awake now. Just a few more seconds but throughout that time, she would have one more dream...

----------

Yume looked around as she saw nothing but darkness. There was no ceiling at all and she was standing on what she thought was the floor unless she was floating since the floor was just as dark also.
Where am I? She wondered as she looked around.
And then in the distance, Christopher appeared out of the shadows.
Yume's eyes widened before she rushed over to him.
Yume was happy to see Christopher. But just as she reached for him, a huge black claw snatched Christopher away from her.
"Christopher!" Yume screamed to him as he was pulled away from her while the darkness devoured him.
Yume was alone..again...
Yume fell to her knees as she stared out into the darkness in her misery.
But then Christopher appeared once more.
Yume blinked and then she realized that it was in fact Jacey.
"Why, Yume? Why?" Jacey's face was twisted in sorrow as he stared at her.
Why? Yume didn't know what he was asking for and wondered why it looked like she had rejected him but stared as Jacey was starting to get swallowed up by the floor.
At first, she did nothing as if she was paralyzed before she lunged out and grabbed Jacey's hand before the floor swallowed him up completely.
Yume tried to pull him out to no avail.
"Don't let go! Please!" Jacey begged her as Yume frantically tried to pull him up.
But Jacey's hand slipped out of her grasp and the floor devoured him also.
Yume fell onto her knees and clawed at the floor in her desperation.
"Jacey! Jacey!" Yume cried out to him as her fingers clawed and scratched at the darkness before she started to slam her fists into the floor with all the might she had until her hands bled as she let out a moan of despair.
Yume screamed out in hatred and anger at the darkness that took away her friends while she jumped to her feet.
"Come out and show yourself foul demon!"
Yume's sapphire eyes widened as she found herself staring into a familiar set of ruby red eyes as a shadow emerged from the darkness to stand before her.
At first, she thought that it was a trick.
That she was looking in some kind of mirror.
But it was indeed not a trick..
A reflection of her void side..
Herself...

----------

Yume's blue hues slowly revealed themselves as her vision came to her like when you turn on a tv and the picture just pops up.
At first, she couldn't tell where she was while her mind tried to figure out where she was at while her senses were busy trying to be aware of her surroundings.
She found herself drenched in her own sweat and realized her heart had leaped in rate before her body finally calmed.
At least she was glad she didn't scream this time...
"It's ok. It was only a dream..."
Yume blinked before she slowly sat up and looked over to the one who had spoken to her.
She recognized him as the man who was supposedly blind.
She gave him a calculating and suspicious look before she glanced around the room they were in.
How did she get here? Yume remembered the woman...and then...darkness...but..
Yume's hand flew to her forehead as she rubbed it and frowned as she closed her eyes tightly for a moment.
After the throbbing subsided, she opened her eyes to look at the blind man who seemed to be worried about something and staring at her.
Yume watched his body language and he seemed tense as if he was ready to flee like she was going to attack him.
Yume wasn't going to attack him. He hadn't given her a reason to...yet.
But she didn't trust him nevertheless.
She stared at him for a while longer as he seemed slightly concerned before she looked away and stared at the door or the way out at least.
She sensed that something was different about herself. It wasn't a surprise. She all but knew what was different now. She was ment to evolve at a fast rate in order to survive in the dangerous world called life.
But there was no point in going after the woman now, why do that?
But Yume would deal with her if the woman decided to attack her again.
The woman's execution was all that she would do if the woman popped up again for a battle...
There was one thing that pricked at her at the moment...
Where was Jacey?

------------------
Life is learning to find happiness in any situation, however bad it may seem.

She had finally awakened, fortunately without trying to kill him on sight. That was slightly better then he'd expected but she still wasn't exactly being responsive. "Look, I'm sorry for all this, but I couldn't think of anything better." Matt cursed mentally as she continued to act as every other soulless he'd encountered, hollow and careless. Her natural state was in control, but there might be a glimmer of hope. The dream was something he hadn't expected, none of the others had ever dreamed. Not even dreams that they couldn't remember. She noticed that he was staring at her and obviously read his curiosity. He tried to explain it as honestly as he could, but he wasn't exactly a wordsmith. "I'm sorry but you're not like the others." It would have only been a minor slip if he hadn't allowed himself to flinch and give away that it was something more. Her eyes flashed with recognition and he cursed himself again; he was cursing more and more these days.

------------------
I move along the path alone, without a friend, without a home.
Yet though this tortured path I roam, knowing that my mind doth foam;
in madness shall I ever seek, an answer for the poor and meek.

(This message has been edited by Paranoid (edited 08-17-2004).)

Jacey was livid. I've got an assassin right on my ... ass... and meanwhile that sideshow freak is playing the hero with Yume. If he's harmed her in any way... I'll... Jacey whirled around. Elessa was close behind. I don't know if I even care anymore... She seemed so helpless and innocent before. Now I wonder... I wonder... WAS SHE THE ONE WHO DESTROYED- Jacey's attention switched to the quickened pace in Elessa's footsteps. He paused and ducked just as a blade whistled above his head.

"What are you doing?" He screamed at Elessa, who had tried to whack him with the flat edge of her katana while his back was turned.

"I'm practicing some maneuvers which will prove useful in taking down your girlfriend."

Girlfriend? What a joke this has been... Bishop could have been right all along about her... a distraction... but then I wonder something else... I wonder if she's the one Bishop and I have been looking for all along. Maybe Yume has a bounty on her head...

Jacey remembered the crystal gaze of her blue eyes and froze where he stood. At least on the outside, Yume was so perfect... so quiet, yet so majestic... her silence couldn't fool him... there was something in the depths of her soul, and maybe it was it a truth too ugly for him to face... or maybe it was a soul more beautiful than the shell that contained it... Jacey had to know the truth about her, even if it meant giving up the fight for her affection. If she had truly betrayed him, he could always move on.
I must move on. There is so much I have left to do here, with or without her.
His thoughts lingered for a moment... She had accepted his love, hadn't she? Jacey shook his head. No, she can't be the one we need...

(This message has been edited by JaceySquires (edited 08-18-2004).)

She sighed slightly; his distraction was all too irritating. "Still in love with a cybernetic who lied to you...how sad..." She moved around behind him, aiming a neat tap behind his ear with the hilt of her katana. As he crumpled, she gathered him up in her arms, remembering Sen's warning not to harm him...too much.
---
SENDING VOX MESSAGE
I have him, unconcious and in my arms. Expect me soon. He looks so innocent...made it all the easier. I'd better have a huge payment waiting for my, Sen, or I may be a teeny bit upset.
MESSAGE SENT
---
Sighing, she ran down the corridor and entered the room with the Nirteffs, stepping easily through the portal. "Okay, Sen, I'm here. Where are you?"

------------------

Yo, people, slow down there! I barely have time to read all the new posts!

------------------
The lie is a truth, too. The truth of the one who believes it.
The Boozerama Bar died 05-10-2003. May it rest in peace. May it rest for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and may it never return.

((ooc:grins I'm sorry, Ta-vora. We just like to try to coordinate things whenever we're online together.))

------------------

ooc: Check out the new pics I added to my site. URL is in sig.

ooc2: Post changes in progress. Sorry for any inconvenience. :D;;

------------------
Me Bar Pics Page-> (url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/ami/Menu1.html")http://homepage.mac.com/ami/Menu1.html(/url)
'You couldn't get a clue during clue mating season in a field of clues if you smeared your body in musk and did the clue mating dance.' -Severin

(This message has been edited by Hamster2 (edited 08-18-2004).)

(This message has been edited by Hamster2 (edited 08-18-2004).)

OOC:

Mark: Objection, your Honor. Unnecessary manipulation of another's character.

Arbiter of the Multiverse: Objection sustained. I hereby pause this subplot where it is.

----------
There are matters to be discussed, so anyone involved in this Jacey/Fettrin/Cyden plot please don't add any posts for the day. I'm coordinating a change in storyline with young Mr. Hamster.

-Mark

(This message has been edited by JaceySquires (edited 08-18-2004).)

Yume stared at the blind man with great distrust.
Not like the others? What did he mean by that? Did he know...?
Yume frowned as she quickly got out of bed and faced him as her hands clenched and unclenched.
She did remember that one time she was suppose to kill any one that found out about her and what she was other than the ones who were supposed to know about her and what she was.
Did this blind man know?
She was starting to wonder if he was really blind.
Yume knew he didn't know about her but did he know what she was?
Yume's nature was starting to get the idea of bloodshed as she stared at him suspiciously.
Had she met him before? No, if she had she would have remember since it would have been in her memory.
But what if she did but just didn't remember because part of that memory was erased?
She knew she still had a lot of memories about the past to uncover.
She went through all the faces that she remembered that were after her and were just somehow connected to her and tried to see if any of them matched his.
Yume knew he could have changed his face somehow.
Reconstruction of the face wasn't hard at all in these times.
Yume just held her ground and looked to him as she was going to want an explanation on what he ment.
She refrained from killing him right now since she did remember that she had to refrain from killing any innocent that seemingly knowed about her but really didn't.
Although she still would be on her guard as she looked to the blind man while she looked like she was waiting before she would sprang.
If he knew about her, like really knew about her, she knew she would have to resort in taking him out of the picture and not take the chance of him being part of the ones who were after her or spill any information to the ones that were after her.
Unless he could give her a good reason not to thrust her hand through his chest...
Right now the thought of Jacey had fled and now she was more concerned about this blind man. If he really was blind that is.
Her sapphire gems flashed for a moment as she looked him up and down to see as she let some of her sensors check of what kind of health he was in.
He might look old but her sensor would be able to unmask him if he was hiding something under those robes.
Yume looked back up to his face as it was clear from her expression that she wanted to know what he ment when he said that she wasn't like the others.
And even then, she might have to resort to killing him anyways since she knew humans could lie also...
Yume would have to deal with Jacey later. All she hoped for right now that he would wait for her and possibly be ok by the time she finished with the supposedly blind man.
For now, Yume stared at the blind man's face since she hadn't really taken the time to look at it since she had saw no need for it.
Did she recognize this man?

------------------
Life is learning to find happiness in any situation, however bad it may seem.