The No Name Bar

Savage looked around, snapping his head about to look at Larra's enclosing barrier. A new light appeared in his already bloodshot eyes; the look of a caged animal.

"I don't think he's very happy." Muttered Fettrin to Larra, as Savage began to growl.

"Stay where you are now, and if I send him at you, deflect him as hard as you can. I have a plan." Spoke Fettrin, and dashed towards Savage.

Savage was not expecting such a bold attack by the arch demon, and he smiled a thin cold smile before rushing to meet Fettrin head on. The two clashed in a flurry of motion. Fettrin swung down with the Sword of the Styx, and Savage kicked the blade to the side, pulling Fettrin off balance. As Savage brought his foot back down, he hit Fettrin's chest with his heel, which Fettrin then caught with his left hand.

There was a brief pause, as Fettrin looked down at Savage balancing on one foot.

Fettrin twisted Savage's ankle, and flipped him up, eliciting a yell of pain from Savage. Fettrin then grabbed his sword with both hands, and while Savage was airborne, dealt him a massive blow with the flat of his sword.

Savage flew towards Larra at ludicrous speeds.

Something was wrong.

It had to be...

Moments before Fettrin whacked Savage toward her, Larra’s mind kicked into high gear. She had only seconds.

Previously, Savage would not have made such a foolish mistake, would not have been hit by the arch-demon. He had proved himself too quick and shrewd, and yet he was not that badly injured.

Then, she knew.

Even as Savage steadied himself in flight and unfurled countless weaves into a focused strike, Larra was bringing her right sword back in a throwing motion, already in a half-dive backward to delay the Y’ttagach in hitting her. Her mind issued a silent prayer.

Retren, help me...

===================================

“Well, how about ‘eenie meenie meinie moe’?” Demon whisked several rat-like tails as he glanced at the corridor entrances situated around him.

The going had been fairly easy, as the sealed halls were no longer exactly hidden. Apparently, though Demon didn’t understand why, Larra’s messing with the barrier structures and balances had left them visible and incomplete, most with holes large enough for the two to get through.

Ta-vora frowned at the childish suggestion. “Be serious, Demon. I believe I can feel my matrix in that direction.” He pointed to the right, where a white curtain flapped in an invisible breeze, revealing the passage behind it. “Let’s get to our stuff first, and then find a way out.”

The shapeshifter pawed the floor in annoyance, and followed Ta-vora down the path. “But I was serious!”

The Ka-nuth glanced over his shoulder as he walked. “Unlikely.”

===================================

Fettrin, despite his power, was not the one keeping the black-clad freak trapped in the room. Were it not for Larra’s barriers, he would have been able to escape at any time, and use the twisted and confusing passages to his advantage. That was why he’d have to kill her first.

Violet runes arranged themselves and lit up in a strange pattern along the mirrorlike blade as Larra hurled her sword at Savage, a quick green flash by the hilt going unnoticed. Her hand slipped at the release, and the weapon was forced to spin slowly, rather than fly tip first, as Larra usually preferred.

Savage was already so close that the sword immediately struck the first of the weaves, slicing through the foreign type of telepathy like butter. The strange Acaran symbols pulsed lightly and, for a moment, any weaves that stuck the blade crumbled, dead.

Then everything seemed to fall apart. The deadly weapon continued it’s slow rotation and reached Savage hilt first. Easily, he caught it, victory in his eyes. The runes faded and disappeared.

Inches from the tip of her own sword, Larra only had time to whisper two words.

Violet lightning suddenly flashed down the blade and up Savage’s arm, stopping him in his tracks. With a cry, the Y’ttagach warrior dropped to his knees, the adhesive green kalanto on the hilt securing the sword in his hand as bolts of lightning surged through and around his form.

Feeling extremely drained, Larra barely landed on her feet, sliding backward. Pain knifed through her body where Savage’s remaining weaves had hit. She had been unable to block all of them, and now more red stains appeared on her white clothing.

“Sorry about the deflecting thing,” the Acaran muttered, leaning on her remaining sword as she watched Savage struggle to release the other one. Still as tricky as ever, Larra decided with satisfaction.

Fettrin shrugged and stalked towards the fallen warrior, planning to finish him off. It was not to be. Larra felt her kalanto die, and suddenly her own Acaran sword was on a trajectory to the arch-demon’s chest, eerie violet lighting still crawling around it.

=============================================

“Are we there yet?”

“I think we might be getting closer, but I don’t know how far it was to begin with.”

“Are we there yet?”

“Demon, I already answered-”

“Are we there yet?”

“ARGH!” Ta-vora glared at the shapeshifter in annoyance.

Demon smiled a doggy grin. “You shouldn’t shout, someone might hear and come to investigate.”

As if on cue, a black-clad figure appeared a short distance ahead. Ta-vora glanced at the weird creature and put a finger to his lips in the hope that the Y’ttagach wouldn’t notice them. Demon screamed like a little girl.

“Why me?” Ta-vora asked aloud, shaking his head as the figure came at the pair at a run. The shapeshifter was ecstatic.

“Watch this!” With a snarl, Demon sprang ahead, his many tails raised above his head and snapping like mini whips. The warrior paused, hesitating. The shapeshifter, lowered himself closer to the ground, ready to spring, and growled a deeper note.

Ta-vora could actually see real fear in the other’s eyes as he whispered something, performing odd hand gestures to go along with it. Upon completion of his ritual, he turned and ran away.

“I’m sacred, remember?” Demon commented arrogantly, trotting off down the hallway.

Ta-vora shook his head slowly as he followed. “Let’s just hope we don’t run into any unbelievers.”

OOC: Fweee! Yet another post! C’mon now, let’s get some replies! cracks whip

This post has been edited by Synesthesia : 12 June 2005 - 06:08 PM

OOC: Hiya everybody. Long time no see? ^.^;; -wonders if anyone remembers her- >.>; Anyways I'm planning to come back but I know a lot has happened since I left so if anyone can be so kind and fill me in to what has recently been happening? x.x; Don't want to barge in and interrupt something on accident. o.o; So yea if anyone can be so kind, fill me in on what I have missed so far in a summary. Thankies!!

OOC: Okay, work with me people. I've skimmed most of the pages after I had left and I think I sorta have an idea what's going on. o.o; But if I make something evident that is wrong, then please inform me. ^.^; This might not be a long post but ah well, I'm skipping some time between Yume and Jacey argueing and of the like. >.>; Since time has passed since then so ah well.

Yume was pressed up against a wall of a building, her chest quickly rising and falling as it strained against her clothing while her lungs desperately grasped for air. A sigh would escape her lips before her eyes slowly opened to reveal her gems before she looks around slowly as she had been running. a small frown came to her brow as she rethought about what happened between her and Jacey and a little after that but she quickly pushed those thoughts away.

No point in dwelling on it since it is in the past now, she thought while she slowly pushed away from the wall and began making her way down the alleway. She didn't know what had happened while she had been dealing with Jacey and the little problem that she had faced after she had got done with Jacey. But he was still alive, she hadn't decided to kill him or either she hadn't been given the chance to kill him if she had decided that he needed to be gone.

She remained on alert since all that had been happening kept her on edge while she made sure she had her weapons at hand. She sighs lightly as she walks, slowly letting herself fall into the dark pit of her void state. Her face grew expressionless as did her eyes while they glimmered softly in the light that they reflected. It was time to move on from Jacey.

She slowly made her way to the bar, passing by a few creatures along the way. She looked around though when she heard whispers about the bar and about something that had happened. She wondered what had transpired while she was busy with Jacey as she looked straight ahead again as the bar came into view.

She went up to the door and tried to open it, with no avail. It seemed like something was up against the door from the inside while she let go of the doorknight before raising her leg and slamming her foot against the door, sending the items that had jammed the door flying. She then stepped inside of the bar and looked around as she surveyed the damage, guessing that a quarrel had happened while she had been gone.

She wondered where Fettrin had gone off to as well as her fingers caressed the stone he had given her while she walks around the bar slowly, trying to pick up clues on what had actually happened in the bar.

OOC: Well, that's all for now. >.>; Unless no one replies soon, I'll add to it later. ^.^;;

OOC: This post has two main purposes.
#1: Another hello/welcome back to Seraphim
#2: A big kick in the pants to the other three who should be posting around here...<_<

--------------------------------------------

Raalixium. Existing for mere months during the unique formation of a rare type of planet, it is nearly impossible to find and exceptionally dangerous to acquire. The odd metal possibly would not even be known about by the few who know it now, had it not possessed one very distinctive property. Raalixium attracts, compliments, and is easily manipulated by the chae telepathy used by any of the seven telepaths born of the Acaran race.

As the blade forged from that strange substance surged toward Fettrin, Larra felt its actions, and even its existence, as if the weapon had been calling out to her itself. She always had been able to feel it. She was sovereign over it.

The Acaran smiled faintly as the blade swung around, hurling itself back at Savage like a possessed boomerang.

OOC: Oops :D. Hey all err sorry dont remember whats happened that I didnt post, and somehow it got deleted, so here I go. Besides I think this one will have a better turn out.
--------------
Page skidded to a stop, the leather souls of his shoes provided little traction so he skidded a great deal farther then he meant too. The Vellosian stumbled into an upright position, and stared over his shoulder.
The curtain a few feet behind him was a charictaristic un white. Infact if Page didnt know better he'd call it purple.
"What the ######? Why is isnt it white?"
Page turned, Ungar dissapeared in a flash of green lightning and seemingly Page produced a long roll of burlap from his pants for Antaries. Once his sword was wrapped he pushed aside the curtain a bit. A nauseatingly sweet scent poured out in te form of purple smoke.
Page cocked his head and sniffed the air carefully.
All of the sudden he blacked out.
--------------
OOC:To be finished soon!

OOC: Seraphim! :laugh: Welcome back! :whip cracking noises from Synesthesia: Posting, maam!

For the first time since he had been released from his sword, Fettrin had just nearly wet himself. Larra's possesed blade had swung mere centimeters in front of his chest, whistling towards him with a force he had not anticipated, and knew would be a pain to deal with. It was with no small relief that he saw the blade make a u-turn, and slice back towards Savage.

::You had better not have done that just to spook me, Larra::

The Acaran smiled momentarily at Fettrin, and focused her energies back on Savage. Fettrin rolled his eyes, and sprang at Savage, sword held in both hands. He was in no mood for a clean end to this fight, and the Sword of the Styx left a ghostly trail of yellow smoke behind it, as it seethed down to cleave the fallen figure asunder. If Larra's sword did not finish this madman off, Fettrin would provide a little insurance of his own.

---

Yume stepped into the bar, and looked around. Most things looked the same; granted there were a few more scorch marks, and some broken chair legs, but that was to be expected. Yume sat down in a chair, and thought.

After a few minutes, she looked up, to see a black figure in a wide brimmed black hat sitting across from her. The grip she held on her weapons tightened.

"Wait. Wait and watch, Yume." The figure hissed. It then promptly fell into a black cloud of vapour, it's black wrappings and hat were the only things that remained. Yume's eyes widened a bit.

OOC: Thanks for the welcome, Hamster. 🙂

Wait and watch? Wait for what? She wondered lightly as she glanced down at the black wrappings and hat that were all that remained of her mysterious visitor. She gave a small tilt of her head, some of her raven black hair falling in front of her eyes. The grip on her weapons loosened while she tucked them back in to her skirt where they would be in good reach for easy access if she needed them.

She reached down and picked up the black wrappings of the figure that had disappeared before her, his disappearance hadn't surprised her. It was rare to get any kind of emotions from her, especially when she was in her void state. She watches as the wrappings soon turned to dust and slowly slipped between her fingers, disappearing before it even hit the floor. The hat soon followed in the disappearing as well.

She leaned back slightly in the chair she had taken a seat in and crossed her arms under her bosom, considering if she should wait and watch like the dark figure had told her too. She guessed it was one of Fettrin's creatures while she gave a small shrug of her shoulders as she supposed that it wouldnt' do any harm to wait. Besides, not like she had anything else to do at the moment as her eyes slowly fell close.

She went into deep thought about other matters but one of her hands remained close to her weapons as she still remained on alert on what happened in her surroundings as she wasn't going to get caught off guard in this bar and any time soon at that matter. She wouldn't be surprised if she would have a long wait on her hand either as she sat there and waited.

This post has been edited by Seraphim : 19 July 2005 - 07:03 PM

Having held his breath for what seemed like ten months, four days, and some odd minutes, Jacey sighed. He had provoked Yume, and she had opened herself to him – a rare opportunity – and his passion had caused him to squander it.

He played it over in his mind. Yume, in her own way, had shared her emotions with him, had spoken the truth to him, and in the habit of other males of his species, Jacey had stood there uncomprehending, unable to manage an adequate response.

He had received incredible guidance from Bishop in his years of training, and as his disciple had learned how to manipulate his own emotions in order to respond decisively to every task that was required of his profession. The maneuvers required no telepathic ability and were simple enough to learn. Yet he was young and immature all the same, and this recent discord between him and Yume revealed it. "I am inconsistent," Jacey spoke aloud, as if that was all he had to say on the matter.

But no one heard the words of Bishop echoing in his mind...
----------
_As your first week of training comes to an end I will introduce you to the First Principles followed by the elite members of the Lancaster unit. These are the tenets of our makeshift faith, of our private holy order, if you will.

There are two ways to accomplish the impossible, Jacey. There are two ways that trump the unknown infinites of our universe.

The first is Union. Today, on your day of orientation, I want you to already begin considering the meaning of this word. It will become your first lesson as a Zachit, and it will be your ongoing assignment until your life is consigned to the eternal void. Make it your main focus for the time being, because that is indeed what Union first calls you to do. Focus. Make your thoughts as one, and they will increase your ability to grasp knowledge. Make your emotions as for one cause, and they will empower you _
----------
Caught up in a reverie of years past, time eventually caught up with Jacey. Hours later, he turned his eyes to the end of the alleyway.

A mad glare. A glint of mischief. A cold stare. Jacey chose the appropriate mood, and his eyes followed the path ahead.

Quietly, he opened the doors to the No Name, and sat at the synthale-stained table before Yume.

Gazing at her with soft emerald eyes, a single furrow across the forehead of his tired face, Jacey spoke simply, “I believe I had a poem to share with you before you left.”
Who had betrayed whom was no longer an issue. Jacey would speak, and Yume would hear him.

OOC: Jacey! -tackles with a hug-

Yume gave no sign to taking notice of his presence even as she knew who it was that sat down at the table before. Not until the person finished his first sentence to her did she open her eyes to look at him with a gaze that was as cold as ice and as empty as a blackhole. But she could feel her emotional side somewhat stirring, anger and betrayal had she felt? She didn't know and quite frankly, she didn't want to care anymore.

Yume just stared at him for a long while before slowly nodding. She felt the grip on her weapon tighten a little but she made no attempt to pull it out to strike Jacey. She had no reason to at the moment. But she couldn't help but twitch as she found herslef looking into his emerald eyes, the one she had fallen for... and certainly would soon erase from her thoughts such emotions.

She just sat there patiently for him to speak what he wanted to tell her although she didn't think it would do much help now. The first time she had opened up since Christopher's death and she was already regretting it. But she kept her emotional side in check, her void side having almost complete control at the moment as she looked to Jacey with an expressionless face. She just found herself... not really caring anymore.

Jacey understood Yume’s silence to mean she was willing to listen. He went ahead and placed his hands on the table as a gesture to show he was unarmed. Meeting her eyes with his own, recalling the words he meant to put to paper, Jacey began stroking the hardwood surface with his fingertips, imagining Yume’s delicate, deadly hands within his own. Yume did not immediately understand the significance of this strange motion.

"I sat alone, some years ago,
plumbing the nethers of my mind
For times forgotten, loved ones lost,
Wondering what I would find.

Loneliness and loss called out to me,
but I ignored them best I could,
searching for the hidden truths
buried in both sin and good.

And I sit again, more experienced now,
than I had been those years ago,
But still times forgotten pervade my thoughts,
as Fate must wish it so.

But of the memories I thought I knew,
Only the family I had and the brothers I loved
Remained to me ever true.
Whether tied by solidarity or by blood
These people taught me uncomplicated love, unselfish love,
And this was the simple, unbreakable bond I had hoped to share with you.

You see, Yume, I am flawed. I am only as great as an imperfect human was ever meant to be, and you, as exquisite as you are, can never be perfect either. Just as I am tied to my existence, so are you tied to your programming and your emotions. It doesn’t matter which you end up succumbing to. Until termination or death, you remain enslaved to one or the other. The only freedom you have is to choose your own master. To give in to your programming is to give power back to those who created you, those who tried to destroy your heart, your soul. Think, Yume, just think. They gave you the potential to be human, and then they betrayed you, but don’t let them keep you from claiming your humanity back. Destroy them with the weapon they thought they had disarmed. Unleash the fury of your aching soul upon them. Exercise irrational thought. Risk following your instincts. Trust the emotions that overwhelm you. This is the only way you can learn, and this is the only way you can get as close to perfection as humanly possible.
And, if this means you will be angry at me, then I accept.

In time, I hope I will survive to explain all of my actions to you. But until then, I welcome your hatred, if that is what will free you. As long as it is your own human response to me, I welcome whatever you choose to do next. You claim that some day soon your systems will convert completely to the biological systems of a human. I want nothing more than to see that day come now. Release yourself from cybernetic bondage and free yourself. If your transformation to humanity is indeed inevitable, then why not face the future and choose it for yourself?

If you never voluntarily harmed my fellow Zachit, whom I call my brothers, then I hold no grudge against you, and the trust I once had in you remains unbroken. Be at peace with me. Do what I believe you can do. Taste the emotional complexity that a human is showing you. No human can program a machine to feel what we feel. They can program a machine to emulate emotional response, but you are more than a machine. I insist that you are more than a machine, and if you are ever able to forgive me and overcome your disgust for me, then I invite you to continue as my companion, experiencing a new love much more wholesome and eternal than what I’ve shown you before.

My poem is not beautiful or articulate; it is not even complete. But, as a work in progress, I promise to share it with you as our paths cross in the future. You seem determined to destroy your creators. I guarantee that the next time I share a poem with you, I will teach you how to defeat them."

Yume's eyes had fallen down to Jacey's hands as they came to rest at the table. Seeing that he seemed unarmed, her grip on her weapon loosened before she rose her eyes again only to be caught by his gaze. She seemed although, as they gazed at each other while she listened to the words that passed his lips.

Once he was finished, Yume just stared at him for a long while. She knew she was flawed and always would be, although her creators seemed to have it in their minds that they could bring her to the perfection which they had already thought of even though it wasn't really perfection in reality. It was only the perfection they had in their minds and beliefs.

And freedom? She didn't believe she would be free as she believed that her void and emotional states would be with her always. But perhaps he was right, she did have a choice in which one to choose, at times anyways. Her void state sometimes grew a mind of its own.

She looked away from Jacey and stared off into the distance, thinking deeply upon the matter. She knew he wasn't lieing, the readings she got from his brain waves said that he wasn't lieing. She folded her hands in her lap with a heavy sigh, letting her eyes close as she continued to think.

Yume would remain quiet for a long while before opening her eyes again, her expression changing to that of more of a sad one than emotionless before she glanced at him sideways. Was this really the creature she had fallen for? She wondered as she looked him over for a moment.

After that moment had passed, she slowly reached out to place a hand over his own while her gaze lowered some while her lips moved.

_"Jacey, in some of the things you say are right and on others I have to still think over. Another thing is that my emotional side is still under developed so a lot of times I don't trust it. Who knows if I had really liked you or not. I am still unsure of this but at times it seems like I do like you.

But liking you can also put you at risk, as you must know by now, or not, my creators are searching for me and they won't let anything stand in their way to retrieve me. So being companions can put your life at risk since they might use you against me.

And I don't think I would enjoy having your life taken away because of me, is that a chance you really want to take just for a creature such as I? I am sure there are other females of your kind that can be more suitable for you than me. You must also think what's best for yourself and not what's best for me.

If having you as a companion and around myself, you could most likely lose your life before it is your time. Not only that, but your presence can keep me concerned for your safety and not all that focus in fighting the threat off so it could prove a problem to both of us.

So even if we wanted... even if I want... I dont' know if I want to risk that chance. You still have much to live for as you are in young age. I don't think it wise to throw it all away just for a creature such as I. So I'll ask again, are you really sure you want to risk that chance just for me?"_

Yume let her gaze raise up now to look at him, a look of uncertainty mixed with worry and sadness upon her face while her eyes searched in his own for what he might be feeling or thinking behind them. She could guarantee that sooner or later she would run into deep trouble and Jacey would get intertwined in the middle of it and possibly not get out alive for he was but a mere human. And what she might encounter will most likely not be human at all. She feared for his safety and didn't want to be at fault for his death.

OOC: Woo! Jacey's back! 😛

Yume felt a strange pulse from the stone she held in her clothing.

::Watch and wait, watch and wait, if this is all that you do, you will never be taken by surprise. Watch and wait, watch and wait, use the stone's power, melt into the chaos, become invisible. Watch and wait, watch and wait, take Jacey in, see where it leads you. Watch and wait, watch and wait, always be cautious, trust no-one. Watch them, watch them closely. Wait, wait for the time to act. Watch and wait, Yume, watch and wait.::

Suddenly Frequency 245 appears and says: ''Hamster Pelts! Fresh Hamster Pelts! New collection! It's now in all colours of the rainbow and even a bit more! Who wants one? Beautiful, tender, cuddle Hamster Pelts! Only 30$! They're from a painless cloning breed!''

OOC: Hey, welcome back Jacey!

A grizzled old spacer stumbles up to Frequency 245 and stares at his wares with unfocused eyes that look in separate directions. After carefully deciding the best course of action (taking into account finances, pelt quality, and the lifespan of the average goat), he pulls out a blaster and yells "Gimme all yur Hamster Pelts!"

OOC: I have a problem. You see, I wrote a really good post...However, I don't think I can let you fine people read it until I get an answer back from Valence on a certain issue, specifically mentioned at the bottom of post #615. Unfortunately, he seems to have gone AWOL once again...but I share Hamster's obvious sentiment that our little battle has gone on long enough.

A tall man with a slightly sinister air appears. He orders a drink, looks around and walks over to the hamster pelt vendor before it can be delivered. He looks at the old spacer threatening the vendor, and then back at the vendor. After much deliberation, he makes up his mind. He finds his drink, downs it in one gulp, and leaves, thinking wryly that the vendor probably deserves to lose his life more than the hamsters deserved to lose theirs, even if they were painless clones.

A nirttef appears, sees that the vendor's corpse is already cold, kills the old spacer out of annoyance, and disappears in a puff of black fog.

The nirttef comes back, buys 20 Hamster Pelts, and disappears completly in a loud BOOOOOOM of a green nuclear fungus.

His body was a prison. It cut him off from the universe and limited his senses. He could no longer see everything that went around in the minds of the mortals beneath him. He was mortal again but he had been more. He knew that.

The space hub was impeccably clean, as it had to be. Even a disgusting structure like the Pirate’s Rock had to maintain a suitable atmosphere in space and cleanliness and conservation were the only way to manage. He could feel the cold, sterile, metal floor on his bare feet as he dashed among the bustle of people, lifting what he could and diving away at any sign of bright colors. Pirates and outlaws didn’t wear bright colors, only it did and it was Evil. The boy had known this before his planet was destroyed and his temporary elevation to the status of a god had proved it to him. The creature only pretended to be human to destroy their lives and steal their souls. Each person, each planet, each system that it touched died and he took their memories and their lives into himself. No soul that it touched could ever hope to achieve recreation until something destroyed it. The boy had thought that with his status as a god, he could overcome the purity of Evil, but his unbreakable will and determination was no match for the power that it exercised.

The boy only looked about fourteen and was very small but something in his eyes unnerved even the seediest of the pirates, but very few of them saw his eyes. They saw his back as he kept low to the floor and darted cautiously around corners. He’d just appeared in the station and no one knew how he got on board, but most of them didn’t care. The station dwellers assumed that he’d hidden on board a ship and the pirates and traders assumed he was a station brat. They did think it odd that whenever he saw a flash of red or orange he would run away faster than a ship.

He didn’t care what they thought. He had managed to survive since his peculiar arrival by stealing from the poorer merchants at the market and occasionally breaking into a ship and stealing a few pounds of more valuable equipment to sell. It wasn’t much of a life, even for a mortal. All of a sudden he stopped. He saw it, out of the corner of his eye. Blind panic overcame any logic that was left in him and he tore down the corridor. He ran as fast as he could and took random turns through the massive complex. He didn’t even care if he ran straight through an airlock. All he wanted was to escape it.

He ran for as long as he could, but once he’d gone a kilometer the adrenaline left him and soon after that he couldn’t move another step. He barely had enough energy to survey the room where he stopped. It was a bar. It was as perfectly clean as the rest of the station and like the rest of the station it managed to look seedy at the same time. There were a few groups talking and drinking but he couldn’t help but focus on one girl. It didn’t surprise anyone in the bar when he started slightly and stared at her, her tight black clothes and impressive figure could easily draw eyes, but his thoughts were different than most who saw her. He didn’t remember much from his time as a god but he knew that she was the one that it had protected. She was without a soul, inhuman and demonic. It was going to use her to take the souls of this station and eventually this universe. It was inevitable that she would destroy it. He didn’t know why, but he knew. She was almost as dangerous as it was but she was more vulnerable. A little explosion would stop its plan, but the cost would be too high. He knew that destroying her would allow it to take his soul, and then nothing would be able to stop it.

A few of the patrons started to glance suspiciously at him as he stood there panting. He grinned apologetically and took a seat near the bar. He had to think and he needed to catch his breath.

Matt knew he’d heard him somewhere but the kid ran too fast and was too small. Matt could not run recklessly down a hallway without tripping and falling within feet of his starting position. He chuckled dryly as he thought of the concept of running blind. It was hard enough to find the kid, catching him was impossible. He sighed and walked out of the crowd, swishing his brightly colored robe as he walked. “The last thing you needed was a kid. You’ve managed to change your mind three times in the past weak on whether or not the world is real.” He clamped his mouth shut as he realized he was talking aloud in a crowded passageway. He knew that the talking wasn’t a sign of insanity, he’d done it since he lost his vision. The world just wasn’t the same, no matter what other senses he had to compensate.

He walked casually and with a soft assurance that belied his internal conflict. He was a good actor; in reality he was following the sense he got from the boy, but the boy never stayed put for more than a few minutes. He hadn’t seemed to realize that it was abnormal to not need any sleep and he was still eating even though he didn’t need food to nourish him. He didn’t know much about his new form, he was just doing what he thought he needed to do.

For once the boy had slowed down, his newly limited energy flow must have finally been surpassed by the boy. It was good news for Matt, he could find him and see if he could finally get a word with him in private. Coincidentally the boy had settled in the same bar in which Matt had arrived. The Nameless or something like that, a stupid name because by calling something nameless they’d given it a name and so the name was false. That would weaken a person or a place, but a station was already soulless, a lifeless creation.

He was more careful this time. Before he walked into the bar, he started redirecting every particle around him to create a perfect visual illusion and conserving all energy that was in the bubble to stop his sound, smell or heat from being noticeable. All he had to do was avoid direct contact and he was invisible. Then he walked into the bar and settled down to watch the boy. After a few minutes, he noticed that the boy was occasionally throwing glances at Yume and Jacey sitting at a table a bit away. He hoped that the boy wasn’t planning anything rash or he’d get a little surprise.

OOC: Glad to have you back, Paranoid. And Jacey, don't forget that I'm still waiting! Dont' leave me hanging like last time, please. 😞