The Albatross

Veed Conferance
"Bloodsworn. We have come, the circle has ended. The full Renegade Council is meeting below on Riomer, we have our chance. Go kill those who took the blood of our brethren. Finish the job of those who annihilated three million human souls for their own material gain. Kill the renegades!"

Yelts, Riomer, Pariah
The trading vessels received their message and released their cargo. Not at the planets, it was possible to survive a nuclear strike but a weapon was developed that could annihilate a system. The UE never had a chance to use it, they won Sol and agreed at Pax to never use any atomically based weapon. The plans were not impenetrable though, an organization with millions of members could plumb the depths of the most secure database. The trading vessels jumped out and three systems ceased to exist. No hyperoute would ever reach this destination, in six years the nearest systems would experience a dose of radiation to kill every living thing. War brought everything to a standstill and the Renegades who fought to survive fell under a power their subtlety couldn't resist. Eight million more died for beliefs born of hatred. The Renegades had ceased to exist, almost every man, woman and child.

------------------
Life, Death. What's the difference?

Originally posted by Ta-vora:
**OOC: The problem is that noone of you would be able to fly the ship and Ta-vora can't spare a single crewmember.

OOC: why not ditch the azula and take the more advanced ship?

OOC2: a post about nothing in particular.. just character dvelopment...

"Larra, i'm gonna sit this one out," Page said as he stepped out of the hatch, a newly lit cigarette in hand.
"Awww, why?" Larra asked childishly.
"I'd like to relax in the bar and have a few drinks, i'm also running low on smokes.."
"Have it your way," Larra and demon turned and trotted down a corridor, towards the Tova Ayemah (sp?).
"Whan should i head back to the ship?"
"I will see you in the bar soon ,unless you hear from Larra i'll give you an update."
"Got it, see you in an hour or two," Page turned back and waved.
What a strange man. So self destructive and yet so skilled, his life is unlike any other i've ever heard of
Once Page dissappeared into the crowds of the station Ta-vora stepped up the ramp to attend to his ship.
-------------
Page leaned on the counter of the smoke shop surveying the many packs of cigarettes.
"Quite a collection you have there," Page said to the man behind the counter.
"Best one this side of UE space," The man said in a dry rhaspy voice.
The man was a voinian, a little shorter than the other voinians Page had seen, but he made up for it by sitting on a tall stool. His skin was very grey, possibly the effects of smoking in this small store or maybe all voinians had greyish skin, but after the first few minutes Page stopped caring.
"What do you reccomend?"
"Well, if you like something heavy we have Yegaf, imported from Borb station."
"I think i'll have to see how heavy they are before i consider them them," Page replied.
"Lucky for you thats my brand of choice," the man behind the counter said removing a pack from a chest pocket of his loose shirt.
The man lit the cigarette and took a long pull, he then offered it to Page.
Page took the offer and took a long pull on the Voinian cigarette.
Big mistake..
The feeling was like a thousand needles puncturing his lungs. Page stepped back and began a coughing fit that lasted several minutes. At last Page had regained the ability to breathe, and decided it not wise to buy cigarettes after all.
"Good for you kid," The man told Page as he left the shop.
-------------
The moral of the story is dont smoke kids..
-------------
Page stepped into the bar, his mouth still watering from the offending cigarette.
The air in the bar was tense. It seemed like a fight could break out at any minute, and the bar itself had a cage over all the liquor and the bartender.
Page smiled, it was happy hour.
"Bartender give me something cold," Page said as he took a seat in between two voinian officers.
The bartender slid a beer down the bar from a hole, and Page slipped a credstick through the metal cage.
Page began his normal routine. About an hour, and 3 beers later Page noticed a cloaked woman sitting in the far corner on his right. he got a strange feeling when he attempted to look a little closer by sending out a small weave.
"interesting.."

(edit)- read wrong

------------------
"WE ARE THE POPES OF THE PYROS!!" "WE ARE THE CRUSADERS OF CAPELLA!!" "THE FRIARS OF FIRE!!" "THE BAPTISTS OF BORAL 1!!!!" "THE CATHOLIC KILLERS OF NEW CALCUTTA!!!!!!" "WE ARE THE GOOD!! no.. no... THE BAD!!! yeah.. thats it.. THE BAD CATHOLICS!!!"

(This message has been edited by Valence (edited 01-12-2004).)

Originally posted by Valence:
**OOC: why not ditch the azula and take the more advanced ship?

OOC: Who said the Tova Ayemah is more advanced than the Azula? The Azula is the second prototype of the newest Karee warship and the Tova Ayemah is a Scoutship of a design that has been in use for hundrets of years. In fact, the design is so old that it is not even in use by the military anymore. Actually, replacing the Azula by the Tova Ayemah would be like replacing a Cadillac Cien by a BMW Isetta.

------------------
The lie is a truth, too. The truth of the one who believes it.

OOC: This is going to be fun....

Larra caught up to Ta-vora at a jog, with Demon, so excited about the plan he was almost hysterical, following behind her. She slowed to a walk beside the cat like humanoid. "So, you'll contact me when you're ready to leave? One thing I'll tell you is that it will be almost impossible for Demon and I to get back on the station once this is over." The slight emphasis on the word "almost" implied that nothing would stop her from landing if that was what she was determinded to do.

Ta-vora nodded. "How should I contact you?" Larra held up something that looked suspiciously like the wrist comps he used to communicate with his crew. "Where did you get that?"
She grinned evilly. "If someone in your crew is missing one, you know where to look. Wish us luck, you'll have to get Page from the bar before you leave."

The two parted ways, Ta-vora going towards the Toya, and Larra heading to the docking bay. Halfway there she stepped into a dark corner, making a casual gesture in front of her with her right hand. Had it not been so dark, the air where her hand had passed would seem to ripple, more like water than air. She disappeared as she stepped through it.

Fog hovered around her, disabling any ability to see more than a foot ahead. Larra closed the dimensional portal behind her and stepped forward, the thicker layer of fog near the ground swirling around her feet. All in all, the place gave off a sense of foreboding. With an audible sigh, she trudged off through the mist.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"Ready, Demon?"
"I was ready a long time ago. You took too long." With a grin and a shake of her head Larra drew her Blazor and flipped the settings to stun. Hiding behind a Voinian Frigate, the two snuck towards their target. A Voinian Cruiser stood in the next space, which Larra assumed had to be important, or belong to someone important, judging by the amount of guards. Several were guarding the ship, and even more had vanished somewhere into the station. The ship on the other side of the Cruiser was closer, but too small to provide much cover. Speaking of cover, a gray one was draped over the smaller ship, as if the owner had an obsession with keeping his ship clean. Keeping silent, Larra crawled under the Frigate, took a few deep breaths, and started to fire on the guarding Voinians.

It was the kind of fight Larra and Demon had been hoping for: short. Demon took Larra's gun in his teeth and sprang ahead to the Cruiser and up the ramp. Larra didn't follow, instead running across the landing pad to the next one, and whipping the cover off the small ship. Even the small amount of light in the docking bay reflected off Kamikaze's shiny black hull. She grinned. Bringing it back from the dimension she had parked it in before leaving the Albatross was easy. Loading it into the Cruiser's fighter bay would not be.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Demon stole swiftly down the halls for awhile before he found the control room. Few of the crew had remained on the ship, which was lucky. Save those in the control room, they were all trapped in one wing of the ship, thanks to a carefully planned prank.

Shapeshifting into a monkey so he could hold the Blazor, Demon ran into the room and started shooting. His aim wasn't as good as Larra's, but by the time the Voinians got over the shock of being shot at by a *****anzee, it was over.

Climbing into the main control chair, Demon closed all the automated doors in the ship and left them closed, leaving only a certain corridor open. Second, he opened the door to the fighter bay, and transferred full control to his computer.

Gogogo! Larra yelled in his head, and he closed the fighter bay doors and took off. Running from the fighter bay down the one clear hallway, Larra soon reached the control room and slid into a seat beside Demon, laughing hysterically.

"We should actually plan things more often, if they work out like this."

The two were competely estatic as the cruiser lumbered away from the station. Many Voinian ships had already taken off in pursuit, and it wouldn't take long until they were caught. The tricky shapeshifter chose that moment to let Larra have her turn to steer the big ship, and retreated to program a few nasty surprises into the ship's system. They knew they’d get disabled eventually, and the cruiser retaken. When that happened, Kamikaze would serve as the escape pod. Hopefully that wouldn’t happen until Ta-vora finished back on the station.

Used to Kami's split second turns, Larra flew the cruiser with no skill whatsoever. Finally she gave up trying to get anywhere and turned her attention the weapons as the enemy ships neared.

Ooooooohh....rockets....

FYI: This is wierd. When I posted this, the computer changed the first few letters of
C-h-i-m-p-anzee into astrixes... any one know why that happened?

------------------
Life is a game, and it's to short to sit on the sidelines.

(This message has been edited by Larra (edited 01-13-2004).)

(This message has been edited by Larra (edited 01-13-2004).)

Originally posted by Ta-vora:
**Actually, replacing the Azula by the Tova Ayemah would be like replacing a Cadillac Cien by a BMW Isetta.

OOC: wow... that's all greek to me. I just got the impression the tova ayema was a bigger more powerful ship..
Sorry..

------------------
"WE ARE THE POPES OF THE PYROS!!" "WE ARE THE CRUSADERS OF CAPELLA!!" "THE FRIARS OF FIRE!!" "THE BAPTISTS OF BORAL 1!!!!" "THE CATHOLIC KILLERS OF NEW CALCUTTA!!!!!!" "WE ARE THE GOOD!! no.. no... THE BAD!!! yeah.. thats it.. THE BAD CATHOLICS!!!"

OOC: (url="http://"http://www.modellautohomepage.de/revpic/re08820.jpg")BMW Isetta(/url) (construction stopped around 1965.
(url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/starlight_dev/.Pictures/cadilac_cien.jpg")Cadilac Cien(/url)

I'm going to post the story about what Ta-vora finds inside the Tova Ayemah this weekend.

BTW, Larra, I suppose the filter of this page thinks that C-H-I-M-P is either an insulting, discriminating or filthy word. Same goes for the word E-M-B-E-D, although I never understood why.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Ta-vora (edited 01-16-2004).)

Ta-vora takes three of his crewman and heads towards the secret hangar of the Tova Ayemah.
Two bulky Voinian guards, armed to the teeth, guard the entrance. They have not yet noticed the group, which covers behind a corner. Ta-vora's men draw their weapons.
“No, weapon fire may be detected. I'll handle them.”
He takes out his weapon, an about 50 cm long staff. Suddenly the staff starts to extend to a length of about two meters and a blue crystal appears on each end. Lightnings arc around the extended parts of the staff.
Being a Ka-nuth, Ta-vora also mastered the arts of short-range combat. Like most Karee members of the Ka-nuth, he prefered the Mesaj Ta Elysee, a traditional Karee duel weapon.
He folds back his ears and steps out into the corridor.

Borb did not know anything about Ka-nuth or Karee. He wasn't the type of Voinian to ask questions or gain knowledge. In the many occassions he had to prove himself being a warrior, he relied on his power and his neutron riffle.
When the strange blurry figure approached him, he did not even have time to draw this riffle or make a sound of surprise. Borb was much to busy being unconscious.
The same happened to Gurg, his collegue, who did not even hear Borb hitting the ground. Once Ta-vora touched him with his staff, he fell unconscious, too.

“The path is free.” Ta-vora anounces.
His crewmen come out of their cover.
“dinEsan and vaNas, you guard the gate. vaYlar, you come with me.”
An “Ayie, Kre” was the answer all three give at the same time. The two designated crewmen stay at the gate, guns drawn, while the third one follows Ta-vora inside.
“Apparently there is noone here.” Aiera vaYlar says when they enter the huge hangar.
“Don't let the first impression fool you. I can sense two more guards inside the ship. But you're right, the rest of the hangar seems deserted. Looks like Larra's diversion is working. I still hope she's not risking too much. Although she's pretty hyperactive and tends to exaggerations, she can be quite resourceful. I just hope she didn't get herself into too much trouble.”
He tears himself out of his thoughts and focusses back onto his mission.
I tend to float off often, recently. I just hope it is not another attack of the threshold syndrome. Ever since my second rebirth, I experience these kess sayaan, get back to what you're doing!
Ta-vora shakes his head, then walks towards the Tova Ayemah, that rests on several long landing pylons.
“I wonder how they got into the ship. You need to know exactly how to open the hatches. And I don't think they did.”
“I don't know. But more important is if Ki-jara had the possibility to leave any messages.”
They reach the location of the main personel hatch and Ta-vora opens it. They are expected by another Voinian guard who falls unconscious so fast that he isn't even able to completely perceive his attackers.
“That's the problem with these warriors. Packed with muscles at the cost of intelligence.”
“I said it once and I'll say it again. I love being a Hunter.” Aiera vaYlar says.
“Back when I was one, I loved it, too.” Ta-vora answers
They both grin and walk into the ship. Ta-vora senses the second Voinian in the cockpit. On their way there they notice exctensive damage done to the interior of the Tova Ayemah. Apparently the Voinians were conscientiously examining this ship. Good thing noone else was here by now. When they reach the cockpit, the last guard is knocked unconscious within seconds.
If I were you, where would I hide a message? Ta-vora thinks to himself.
“Where would be the last place a Voinian would search for information?” he then asks aloud.
“A place where absolutely no technology can be found.”
Their gazes both fall onto the pilot's chair. At the same time, they hurry towards it, Ta-vora grabbing the seat upholstery, ripping it open, Aiera vaYlar opens the back upholsteries.
“Got it!” she suddenly anounces, holding a small chip-sized item in the palm of her hand.
“A crystal chip!” Ta-vora says, then he looks at the defiled chair, smiling. “Clever girl ”
“And something is scratched onto it.”
She turns the chip around and shows Ta-vora the underside, where alien symbols are scratched into.
“I've never seen such symbols before. Do you know what they are?”
Ta-vora examines them closely.
“Yes, I think they are Phanteon.”
“No, Phanteon have different symbols. Their language consists of pictograms, these are definitively letters.”
“Yes, but they are Phanteon origin. I suppose they are ancient, but ”
His gaze wanders off through a window onto a sign outside of the ship.
“Correction these letters aren't Phanteon, they are Voinian.”
“What? Why should she use Voinian letters?”
“I don't know mysterious. We'll know more when we see what is stored on the chip.”
Aiera vaYlar nods. Then she removes a panel from a the wall, exposing a device that belongs to the ship's hypercom unit. She attaches a small device and activates it.
“Receiving test signal. We can send the self destruct signal at every time.”
She closes the cover.
Excellent. Now let's get out before the guards wake up and alert the security. They won't remember a thing but they will still know that something has happened. You bring the chip to the laboratory, I'll wait in the local bar.”

Minutes later, Ta-vora joins Page at his table in the bar.
“Did you find anything?” Page asks.
“Indeed. It is being examined at this very moment.”
He then activates his wristcom.
“Larra, do you read me?”
A happy sounding Larra responds.
“Loud and clear, what's up?”
“I'm sorry to interrupt you, you sound as if you were having quite a lot of fun. But I think we found what we searched for, so you can end whatever you're doing. But take your time, the find is still being examined.”
Larra sounds quite disappointed when she acknowledges, saying something about some people always being finished too fast.
“Was that a monkey squieking in the background?” Page asks.
“I don't know what a monkey is but I'm done asking questions.” Ta-vora sighs. Then he grins.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Ta-vora (edited 01-23-2004).)

Larra and Demon exchanged glances, then Larra spoke again through Ta-vora's communicator.
"Demon and I will have to meet you back at the Albatross. I'll keep this up for awhile longer and then get out of here. Seeing as your ship is so slow," Larra stopped and grinned, "You'd better leave soon. Ciao."

The cruiser shuddered under the impact of several rockets as Larra cut communication.
"Almost done," Demon announced from his spot. When they retake this ship it'll take a long time for them to get it back to normal. If they don't succumb to the torture first."

Larra didn't bother to hold back her laughter. Demon had wired the computer to repeatedly play a recording of himself singing one of the most annoying songs ever created. Even with all the torture devices created by modern life, Demon's singing voice was the worst. Automated doors would only open halfway, and alarms would go off every time someone walked through one of the most used doorways on the ship. For no reason other than causing trouble.

"We might have to bail soon!" Larra called as the cruiser's armor began to look like it had been in a head on collision.

"Done," Demon announced triumphantly, and the two sprinted for the docking bay, reaching it just as the cruiser was disabled.

Recapturing the cruiser took longer than the Voinians had thought it would, but they were sure it was over when the bent up ship was floating lifeless in space. As the first few ships boarded it to capture the hijackers, the doors of the fighter bay crumbled as Kamikaze crashed into them from the inside, and flew out to space at top speed.

Inside, Larra and Demon grinned at each other. Safe.

------------------

OOC: Valence, if there's anything else you want to do on this station (just thinking because you wrote that about this cloaked women), just tell me and I'll annul this post.

“I'm glad to leave this place. Somehow this entire station gives me a bad feeling.” Ta-vora says to Page. “Let's go.”
Page nods. Ta-vora stands up and walks out of the bar, Ta-vora following him. Suddenly the wristcom starts beeping. Ta-vora pushes a button and holds it in front of his mouth.
“Yes?”
“Kre'Merah, it seems that your action in the hangar has been noticed. They are holding us within a magnetic beam and order us to leave the Azula.”
“How did they notice? I cleared the memories of the guards.”
“Hidden security cameras?”
“ Sche sija ataweh! This could be possible. Don't answer to their calls, we'll be back within a minute.”
He deactivates the wristcom.
“I'm getting careless. We better hurry.”
He and Page fall into a fast pace. When they finally reach the hangar, they find it filled with warriors and several guns are trained onto the Azula.
Ta-vora again activates his wristcom.
“Set one of the impulse turrets to minimum power and divert the warriors until we're aboard. And prepare the ship for an escape.”
“Ayie, Kre.”
Seconds later, blue beams, apparently coming directly out of the ship's hull, rampage through the rows of warriors. Those hit fall to the ground but stand up again seconds later. The warriors are diverted so well that Page and Ta-vora are able to board the Azula unnoted.
When Ta-vora enters the bridge and sits down at his station, he immediately brings up a status display of the ship.
“Status update.”
“Six neutron turrets are trained onto us. We can only activate the reflexion shields within the atmosphere and I don't know how long they will hold. The hangar doors are five meters thick but they are no problem for our intervall cannons. The magnetic beam is still active but we can render it useless with our reflexion shields.”
“Very well. Are the engines online?”
“We're ready to take off.”
“Good. Tactical alert.”
Violett bars start to flash along the walls and an alert starts to buzz.
“Shields up, weapons online.”
“Get us out.”
The Azula lifts of the ground and in the same second, the neutron turrets start to fire. By now, all the warriors took cover behind the blast shields. The ship turns around and suddenly the hanger doors start to shatter. Within seconds they are gone and the Azula exits.
“Now that was easy.”
“Sensors detect five Voinian ships approaching. Four 800-tonners, one 1500-tonner. They are on interception course.”
“What? They are heavier than our cruisers. Anyway, we don't have time for games. Set a course back to Liat.”
“Course laid in. We're ready to enter hyperspace by your command.”
“Send the xiox-code.”
“Ayie.”
XIOX is a code for Karee ships to activate self-destruct.
At this very instant, Pax station is shaken by a huge explosion that completely ripps off the star prong where the Tova Ayemah was located in.
“Destruction complete. It looks like there was a remain of sextagonium in its cargo hold that enforced the explosion.”
Ta-vora remains silent for a moment.
“Damn I thought she had jettisoned it.”
“The Voinian ships are breaking away from their approach. They're heading towards the station.”
“Alright, go to hyperspace.”
The engine flares of the Azula become sun-bright and the Azula speeds away, leaving only four blue trails. There is a bright flash and the ship had stopped to exist in normal space.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Ta-vora (edited 01-24-2004).)

(This message has been edited by Ta-vora (edited 01-25-2004).)

ooc:hey sorry all, brainfart forgot i was still commited here (been busy) decided to rename my remaining character (he is now officilay cato) here and send him to the nova Universe. Don't fret though, here comes an other one
An escape pod careened towards Atlantic Station, the retro rockets fired and it drifted near the station waiting for pickup. It had at one point been stowed in a kestrel which had been owning the northen reaches of space (a la ev classic).

A medium sized parrot drifted around in the escape pod, flapping franticaly and squacking attempting to regain control of it's movement. The other occupant, a lanky man dressed in a black leather jacket and jeans backhanded the bird sending it on a lazily slow course into wall after wall.
"I told ya we shouldn've tried to get ahold of them military supplies, a trap it was."
The bird twittered in response and yelped in surprise as it hit a wall then caught a pipe with its feet.
"Ya coulda done that an hour or so ago, saved me some sleep it wouldv."
The pod jolted as it was picked up by a passing UE Carrier." Sending the bird off its perch and into an other fit.

Cato spotted a 'hottie' he had been in the Albatross drinking heavily since the loss of his collegues. He shuffled out of his booth and sluggishly made his way to the bar stool she sat at.
"Hey ba-" she took off out of the bar. She looked back, and he was captivated, he HAD to meet her. He raced after her, down a hall, then his stomack dropped to his feet as he was propelled into an interdimensional prtal.

That never gets old. she smiled evily and walked waay Adolphus had just been tricked by a Siren into the EVN universe, she smiled and caught a cred stick from a mysterios figure, ah, payday.

ooc2: sorry to leave you guys hanging.

------------------
Hope is an edulgance I don't have time for - matrix

OOC: Its okay, but remember this is in the future. It would be best if Strauss didnt run into Page while he's on Thorin station. Not to mention Page is going to dissappear soon. and when he does fo continuity reasons Srauss should end up here. by the end of Thorin staton Page will have dissapeared to the EVO universe.

------------------

OOC: Cato? Wasn't that the name of that Roman senator that always said something like “Carthago should be destroyed”?
Dammit, why is everyone leaving? There are a lot of characters that were once in this bar who never showed up again. And they're getting less and less. Pity.

------------------

OOC: Sighs So true. Sorry I haven't been able to post lately, I've been down with the flu. :frown:

Kamikaze didn't show up in the Liat system until about fifteen minutes after the Azula had docked at Atlantic station. At the bar, Larra went straight to the table occupied by Page and Ta-vora, while Demon snuck off to do who knows what.

Ta-vora looked amused as she sat down. "So the slower ship got here first?"
"I was testing out Kami's new outfit," Larra replied happily. It was the first chance she had gotten to try out the gadget the Sarnotics had been working on for her. "I love it!"(OOC: Remember the people she got to fix her ship on the page before this one?)

"What does it do?" Page asked.
"Attracts guided missile attention. I can keep missiles from going after other ships by activating it and flying in front of them," she answered.
"But then they'd be after you," Ta-vora pointed out.
Larra smiled. "That's the idea. So what happened back there after D and I left?"

OOC: Ugghh crappy post, but I don't want to hold this up any longer.

------------------

Ta-vora leans back in his seat.
“Well, we found a crystal chip hidden in the pilot's seat. We're still busy decrypting its content. Ki-jara must have used an encryption algorithm we don't know. Strange though. But what is more interesting is the fact that she scratched something onto the chip. Something in Voinian letters.”
“Interesting.” Larra says, “And did you manage to destroy the ship?”
“Yes, the ship and half of the station. What we didn't know was that the sextagonium was still in the cargo holds. I assumed that she had jettisoned as soon as she had arrived here. That would be what she was told to do. As soon as something unforseen happens, get rid of the stuff.”
Ta-vora takes his wristcom and calls the Azula.
“Laboratory, have you got anything?”
“Not yet, Kre. We're unable to understand the system behind the encryption algorythm. It looks like it bases on a chaotic system and this is very hard to decrypt, almost impossible.”
“Can you make it?”
“I said almost.”
Ta-vora smiles.
“Then see what you can do.”
He deactivates the device.
“I can understand why she used a very secure algorithm. But that one is almost too secure. Strange.”

OOC: Sorry I didn't post for so long. I'm a little stressed. It's not much but I still don't know what could be on that chip.

------------------

OOC: Maybe some cryptic location or clue pointing to a certain person or government...? Writer's cramp here, so don't ask me.

"And there was Voinian scratched on it?" Larra repeated, seemingly finding something amusing from that.
"Yes," Ta-vora confirmed, "I don't suppose you could read it?"

"Nope,"Larra replied, grinning. " I only know two words, and they're not all that polite."
"Figures," Demon whispered to Page.

"What did you say?" Larra asked in her sweetest tone.
"Ummm.....pictures! I wanted to take pictures of....of....the bar!"

------------------

Suddenly the whole station rocks back and forth... A red and white crescent warship with "Borb Sux! Io Wuz Here!" moves off of the mangled dock and tries to dock again. Success!

The hatch opens, and a thin Voinian steps out...
He walks over to the bar, ignoring everyone else, and asks for a drink...
"Give me a Sharksblood."
"A what?"
"It's a voinian drink. I'm sure you can make it, right?"

Before the voinian is even done talking, he takes a wiff of the air...
He mumbles.. "I know that smell..." After a moment's thought... he yells "Who's got a voinian ciggarette?!"

------------------
"And as the Darkness descends, do you follow the light, or embrace the darkness?"
~Diane Kinsman
(little known philosopher, early 21st century)
Proud Member of the (url="http://"http://www.roostermac.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi")Webstory Developer's Commune(/url)

Originally posted by kauthor:
**This kind of bar is what the EVO Board need.

This is the kind of bar that no one needs.

------------------
...and phantompenguin is one of them.
(url="http://"http://www.freewebs.com/screennamecentral")Screen Name Central(/url) is a great place to display your AOLŽ Instant MessangerŠ screen name for all the world to see!
No car, no license, no cash, no life. Coincidence?

Originally posted by emainiac:

Originally posted by kauthor:
**This kind of bar is what the EVO Board need.

This is the kind of bar that no one needs.

OOC: Your the kind of person no one wants to hear from.

post cookin... been away and sick and a whole array of ****

------------------

_OOC: I’m back to write another ten page post (hopefully not). Though this one doesn’t really interfere with your plot I’m going to give an update on how badly I’ve messed up the universe. Yelts, Riomer and Pariah have completely ceased to exist,. In Avann and Vorik the stations are destroyed and the planets are barren. Niot, Fridion, Romit and Svass were bombed to the point of technological collapse and Voinia (Borb station) and Obron received damage. The UE fleet is practically non-existent and the Voinian fleet is weakened but still powerful, though without any quick way to produce vessels the Voinians are unable to retaliate. The Emalgha are actually doing pretty well with improved technology from the Confederacy and the UE and without much damage to their fleet. The Igadzra and the UE are at war and the trading Confederacy has expanded into Zidagar territory. I should be wrapping up my involvement in another three or four posts but by then the Albatross will probably be at a thousand posts anyway.

This post is slightly graphic towards the end, feel free to not read it, in fact unless you’ve been closely following my story it won’t make much sense anyway, so feel free to skip it anyway since I'm sure no one has been following me.

Why can't I stay in the right tense?_

Luna: An abandoned dome

The moon took in the sunlight and a point towards the center gleamed, as if a giant mirror were on the surface, returning the light to where it belonged.

The chaos surged around the occupants, thousands of captains from the confederacy had come to the first live meeting since the original days. Ships, vessels of all sorts, from Miranu heavy freighters to freight-couriers to Crescent warships, entirely covered the surface for hundreds of miles surrounding the pitifully small seeming dome. Yet the chaos was more pronounced in the dome as thousands of captains from the confederacy rage about the most recent outrage, or offer their support to the triumph. Hundreds of armed guards scoot from one fight to another trying to break apart opponents, but for every fight they stop three more start. The remaining leaders attempt to quiet the crowd but even with sound amplifiers every word is inaudible within the din. Then the man in a black coat, with a sword by his side steps on a makeshift stage, once a landing pad for taxis and screams at the crowd with the amplifier turned to maximum. “ SILENCE! ” Still, though the volume causes several of the frailer captains to lose consciousness the din continues for a few moments, but it does eventually silence itself. “Five-hundred hours ago eight million men, women and children were murdered, without the authority of the leadership, by members of this group. My brother is dead and I demand that the guilty parties be hunted down, as they have hunted down us.” As he spoke one of the few people in the room dressed as he is struggles toward the stage. “We know who the leader of the cowards responsible is, she is Tshaya, captain of the Trushalo Odj. She committed an act of mass murder. You may dislike the renegades, but you cannot say that every one was evil, you cannot condone genocide. We did much good in times of trial, only the oppression of the dictatorship caused us to rebel.” The woman in black reached the front of the room directly below her leader. “Even worse many who had been forced into the Order and left to join the Confederacy, like myself, have been hunted down and assassinated. Do you condone the killing of your own brothers and sisters?” The audience begins to show more support than opposition, but they are still anything but convinced, John looks down toward the lone black robed figure in front of him. “We cannot survive this hunting my friend, come up with me and speak to our allies, our brothers and sisters.” He reached his hand down and the woman accepted it and pulled herself up, then she looked into his face and he dropped her hand in shock. “You! You are the one, who is responsible, yet you dare wear our robe. Then I challenge you by our law draw your blade and die by my hand.” John stepped back in anger and draws his sword, the woman steps back, lifts her arm and pulls a trigger.

The chaos was reborn as the near audience was covered with bits of flesh, bone and brain from the lifeless corpse of the ex-renegade leader. Another woman steps from behind covered with pieces of what remains of Johns head, she spits out a piece of flesh and rages at Tshaya. “How dare you draw a weapon on a member of our council, how dare you kill them in cold blood. You bitch, you’ve just caused the work of thirty years to be destroyed, for nothing but your own sadistic pleasure.”

Tshaya was calm, her obviously premeditated murder was complete and she was ready to accept death, should it be required. She addresses Yiltas outrage smoothly and charismatically “Hear me out friend,” she addressed the crowd in much the same manner. “Hear me out brothers and sisters! We have all been told a horrible lie, the renegades staged the Day of Death, the Terrible Day, every human life, every Voinian that lives is their fault. All the evidence is planted on my ship and could easily be presented in a trial. Our action was just, every pirate owed a blood debt to us, to all humans. They have paid for their sins.”

Yilta had recomposed herself admirably at this point even with the blood still covering her body and giving her an air of destruction. “You violated the law, “she steps towards the corpse of her lieutenant and pried his rapier from his hand. “You violated their law, so you will be tried in the manner their law dictates.” She put the rapier down on the chest of the corpse and drew the blade across, covering it in the lieutenants blood, and began to chant.

“Your life is gone your blood remains,
perhaps some good we’ll find,
With death now your lover sweet,
I’ve no doubt what you have.
Your past is gone your future fled,
you’ve nothing left behind.
To Hell you’ve gone, we wish you joy,
Your own dear master awaits,
But one task you must perform,
Take the life of she who took,
Your errant peoples souls.”

The shock in Jennas eyes is indistinguishable from fear the words seem to come from her own soul, however childish they are. She quickly recovers and draws her blade and assumes a professional stance. “You were never even a decent fighter and yet you challenge me? I’ll disarm you in a heartbeat.”

Yilta’s chant had paused for a second but as she lifted up the bloodred sword she continues.

“Proud are they who think they’ll win,
For death shall take us all.
In deaths valley you will find,
Your true masters call.
‘What’s this’ you say,
with eyes of shock,
I have no master ma’am,
I say to you,
It is not true,
Your master you have killed,
With hate and vengeance in your blood,
You’ve struck the stroke and killed your love.”

With this stanza Tshaya screamed in fury and rushed towards the other woman who sloppily countered, again and again. Her chant has lost its words and was little more then a running cadence accented by her strikes and counters as the duel focuses around the rhythm. Stroke after well placed stroke Tshaya attempts to place a deathblow on her opponent, but Yilta easily countered every stroke, without skill but always anticipating every move, and Tshaya began to fall back.

“The coward’s blood shines through at last,
You have no pride nor shame.
You cannot land a decent stroke,
You have no faith nor name.
By this sword of blood and love,
You shall find your grave,
John’s soul awaits,
My righteous child,
And you shall know no peace.”

By this point Tshaya was cringing with every word, weapons far more efficient then Yilta’s clumsy blows, but eventually the writhing mass on the floor is too easy a target for even an amateur to miss, and Tshayas stomach is split open, spilling vital organs on the floor.

“You’ll live still yet,
A little while,
And while you do I’ll pay,
My homage to my gracious child,
Who dealt the blow of hate.
I’ve taken blood and in return,
Nothing less will I offer you,
Then my own true flesh,
And your lover’s too.”

With the final line Yilta pulls back her head and spat into the dying woman’s eye, a piece of flesh thrown from the shooting that lodged in her mouth, mingled with her own saliva. The previously silent crowd formed around the two and when Yilta walked away each in turn spat into Tshayas face, if any insult could have been harsher, no one in the audience could imagine it. After seven minutes of this peculiar, but effective, form of torture, Tshaya died.

------------------
Life, Death. What's the difference?

(This message has been edited by Paranoid (edited 02-26-2004).)

OOC: Sorry, for not posting that long. I was busy in the real world 😄

At this instant, Ta-vora's wristcom beeps. He establishes the connection.
“Kre, this is the lab. We connected to the local spaceport database and downloaded information about the Voinian language. That enabled us to read the word written onto the crystal chip.”
“And what does it mean?”
“Well it means ckar tokch The lab worker answers, almost breaking his tongue, while trying to pronounce the Voinian words.
“Alright and the translation?”
“There is no translation.”
“Excuse me, what do you mean "there is no translation"?”
“That means these words don't match any in the database. We suppose that either it is a name or there is no expression for these words in any other languare. That could be the reason why they were written in the original language. They could be a term like tahivrae
“That's not much off a clue. Anything new about the decryption?”
“Yes, we were able to identify the encryption algorithm. It is the Tomakin-algorithm.”
“Never heared of that.”
“Not very surprising. As far as we know, this algorithm has only been used once during the Battle Of Kyria. A quantum computer is required to decrypt this message. And we don't have one.”
“Is our inpotronic unable to do it?”
“No, but it will take some time.”
“How long.”
“Actually we don't know. It could take a few seconds or a few millenia.”
“Now that's encouraging.”
Ta-vora terminates the connection.
“ Millenia! ” he mutters, “Considering a normal Karee lives for 40 to 50 years.”
“Not more?” Page asks.
“Levo years. One such year is about 1825 Terran days. That's about five Terran years.”
“Oh.”
“What was that word he was using as example?” Larra asks.
“Tahivrae? That's a term from the Old Language. Directly translated it means something like "above below" or "below above" but that's not the actual meaning. I can't tell you what it really means because there are no words for it in any other language I know. Not even in Karee. Anyway, I don't suppose any of you has a quantum computer aboard your ship or an idea where we can find one?”

------------------