The Albatross

At risk to his own safety, as well as that of his family and his karma, Big D finally takes it upon himself to furnish a new bar in the heart of the galaxy. Families are welcome at their own risk. Every thursday night is Ladies night, with Saalian brandies on the house. Newcomers are invited to help in the naming process (hint hint: is the name acceptable?) The spaceport is spacious and the company well... you can be the judge of that. Welcome, friends, aliens, and fellow explorers, to The Albatross.

------------------
"Love is what makes you smile when you're tired."

Thank you very much. This kind of bar is what the EVO Board need. Eve of Destruction will be ending sometimes this week or next week.

------------------

A scruffy looking Azdgari wearing the uniform of an Imperial Vice Admiral walks in, and ignoring the curious stares of patrons seeing an Azdgari for the first time, takes a seat at the bar. "I've heard good things about a certain type of hewmaan Brandy... does this establisment serve it by any chance?"

------------------
Out ride the sons of Terra, Far dirves the thundering jet,
Up leaps the race of Earthmen, Out, far, and onward yet - Robert A. Heinlein, The Green Hills of Earth
"Saddam Hussein foregoes weapons of mass destruction (and) values human life." George W. Bush

A medium-sized figure walks into the bar, taking in the entire room with a glace of his well-trained eyes. He grasps the hilt of his falchion by habit when he notices other visitors already present, then lowers his guard when he detects no immediate threat. Moving towards the bar in a swirl of his flowing black robes, Shek Sunrunner slams his hand heavily on the counter, displaying the metal hooks that have been recently grafted into his knuckles. He pulls back his hood and says, "I'd like the strongest compound you have in stock. I need an expediter for my battle meditations." He takes a seat, moving with the deadly grace that seemed to follow him everywhere he goes.

------------------
Cogito Ergo Cogito
United we stand, so I wandered off and got me a chair.
<I>All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;

(This message has been edited by Solel (edited 01-09-2003).)

A silver scoutship spread its landing gear and touched down in docking bay 64 just outside the Albatross. A man with a black hooded cloak jumped out and walked quickly to the bar. His cloak was entirely black except for a silver brooch and a few silver fibers that shimmered as he moved. The hood covered his face down to his eyes casting a shadow over the rest of his features. He stepped to a shadowy table and ordered a saalian brandy in a quiet raspy voice.

------------------
Life is full of surprises, but never when you need one.

• Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat

pp's ship suddenly breaks down the entire bar. pp blasts everything Albatross-Related out of existence. "DON'T YOU PEOPLE READ? I CLEARLY STATED THAT ONLY I WAS TO CREATE THE BAR!" It's obvious pp has been planning this, as he throws out a little chip... Stand back..... The Ressurected Albatross arises! "VICTORY!" pp shouts.

This bar has the newest in resurrection tchnology which only pp can tamper with. Everything can be regenerated, the bar itself and everything in it! Not to mention that the bar is over 4,000 times the size of a football field. pp gets an acid pit in there and every type of sports playing field there is. (Rugby, lacrosse, soccer, swimming, you name it) The bar has three floors, the top and underground ones only pp can reach. Finally, there are wormholes that lead from the EV, EVO, and EVN universes all to the bar. (Alright, I ripped off the Boozaramma NE)

pp decides to ban Desperado, but reluctantly changes his mind. Hey, I've got a soft spot, my one flaw. Well, the bar is ready to go, and pp decides to use this time to set up the Electro Monitor Newsboard (EMN) in the center of the room (Which can be used by others to watch, listen, or play any type of electronic equipment in the world. It can also be posted on by others, and can in a pinch be used as a toaster oven.) with some rules:
1. No invincibility
2. No special treatment for girls
3. No going upstairs or downstairs, I have the key anyways. (There are five, and the things are voice activated and touch activated, and voice password protected, SO THERE.)
*. No creating new rules unless I saw so or unless you're... me
Well, all set. Anybody up for a drink? šŸ˜‰

Edit: Alright, sorry, but all people from the old Albatross must reenter. And for Desperado, no hard feelings, right?

Edit: Anyone looking for some more know-how on bars should take a look at (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/webboard/Forum6/HTML/002269.html#")The Boozaramma.(/url) Hell, it's funny, so read it even if you know enough about bars.

------------------
"I love deadlines, I love the 'whooshing' sound they make as they go by." - Douglas Adams.

(This message has been edited by phantompenguin (edited 01-09-2003).)

all people from the old Albatross bar most reenter

Alright, here goes. *Copies and pastes...

=========

A medium-sized figure walks into the bar, taking in the entire room with a glace of his well-trained eyes. He grasps the hilt of his falchion by habit when he notices other visitors already present, then lowers his guard when he detects no immediate threat. Moving towards the bar in a swirl of his flowing black robes, Shek Sunrunner slams his hand heavily on the counter, displaying the metal hooks that have been recently grafted into his knuckles. He pulls back his hood and says, "I'd like the strongest compound you have in stock. I need an expediter for my battle meditations." He takes a seat, moving with the deadly grace that seemed to follow him everywhere he goes.

------------------
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
Ā—J. R. R. Tolkien

Wiping the laquer into the muzzle of his newest blaze weapon, D returns to his favorite position mixing drinks. "Who wanted that Saalian Brandy again?"

(This message has been edited by Desperado (edited 01-09-2003).)

(This message has been edited by Desperado (edited 01-09-2003).)

Trugati had captured a Voinian Dreadnought with her puny UE fighter. Now she lands the Dreadnought, locks it safely, sets the regenerator key, and enters and takes a look at the Albatross.
"Hey, nice bar, pp!" She congratulates him.
She gets some Pepsi from the machine and walks around the bar, sipping it. When she sees the swimming pool, she drops her drink and challenges pp to a 100-meter freestyle race.

------------------
The great space parrot is a biped

A blue UE destroyer lands and a boy around 15 walks into the bar. Orders a drink and greets pp. "Cool bar pp. Just like the Boozerama. Hey, where are the slides into the acid pit?" NR looks down into the pit and shoots a couple of shots in to it. "Hope laser shots don't regenerate." Unfortunately it did and hit NR square into the head so he fell into the acid pit.

------------------
The ways of the Bounty Hunter ties with the Rebellion.
Go to Hunter HQ and aquire some vital knowledge!!

A dirty Rebel Manta (Which will be reffered as UE Fighter because they both are weak and this is a EVO webboard)shrieks into the bar and crashes. Out comes RM with her head smoking. She tries to stop it but can't. Goes to wash the smoke off.

Rebel Manta: Nice bar by the way.

------------------
I love Confed butt kicking

Originally posted by Desperado:
**At risk to his own safety, as well as that of his family and his karma, Big D finally takes it upon himself to furnish a new bar in the heart of the galaxy. Families are welcome at their own risk. Every thursday night is Ladies night, with Saalian brandies on the house. Newcomers are invited to help in the naming process (hint hint: is the name acceptable?) The spaceport is spacious and the company well... you can be the judge of that. Welcome, friends, aliens, and fellow explorers, to The Albatross.

Just out of curiosity, and not to ruin the point of this topic, but how did you get my AIM screen name? I'm curious, because it seems that only moderators have it, and that's the way it was supposed to stay..

_bomb

------------------
"And to all the enemies of humanity, seek not to bar our way, for we shall win through....
....No matter the cost."

Originally posted by Bomb:
**Just out of curiosity, and not to ruin the point of this topic, but how did you get my AIM screen name? I'm curious, because it seems that only moderators have it, and that's the way it was supposed to stay..

_bomb

Look above your post, between 'email' and 'edit'. šŸ™‚

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.thangorodrim.net/")Angband(/url) in action! Constant escalation to new depths to find angrier,
meaner letters and more punctuation! -- Mattneu

Originally posted by Blackdog:

**Just out of curiosity, and not to ruin the point of this topic, but how did you get my AIM screen name? I'm curious, because it seems that only moderators have it, and that's the way it was supposed to stay..

_bomb

Quiet you!

Those damn drunk webboard visits I guess. It definitely wasn't supposed to be there.

_bomb

------------------
"And to all the enemies of humanity, seek not to bar our way, for we shall win through....
....No matter the cost."

_bomb

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.thangorodrim.net/")Angband(/url) in action! Constant escalation to new depths to find angrier,
meaner letters and more punctuation! -- Mattneu

Reenter

A silver scoutship spread its landing gear and touched down in docking bay 64 just outside the Albatross. A man with a black hooded cloak jumped out and walked quickly to the bar. His cloak was entirely black except for a silver brooch and a few silver fibers that shimmered as he moved. The hood covered his face down to his eyes casting a shadow over the rest of his features. He stepped to a shadowy table and ordered a saalian brandy in a quiet raspy voice.

------------------

Nice to find another Angband fan on the boards. I'm actually playinf Zangband nowadays, which is much the same, except that it features monsters and characters from Roger Zelazny's books as well. (All of them a bit too hard.)

Maybe there should be an EV:O angband variant? Hmm...

Oh, and barkeep? I'll have a Saalian Slammer.

Saalian slammer:

• 1 generous measure Saalian brandy

• 2 measures Jupiter gin

• 1 measure melonade

• 1 measure anti-freeze

• Half a large ice cube

• Sprinkle with Azdgari toenail clippings

• Serve in a glass slipper.

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/evodude2001/home.html")Old & Unimproved: Cerberus Station!(/url)

Grumbling under his breath, D leaves his favored bar to check the store for Azdgari toenail clippings. Finding none, he returns to the main barroom to search for Ipvicus. "Where DID that crazy alien go? Sorry pal, until I hunt down that Azdgari, you're gonna haveta wait."

------------------
"Love is what makes you smile when you're tired."

(This message has been edited by Desperado (edited 01-10-2003).)

Upon receiving his requested drink, Shek Sunrunner downed it in one go, immediately going unconscious. He slipped into a deep Dur'achi battle trance, swirling techniques and eddies of wars writhing through his mind. He goes deeper and deeper into the meditation, taking in the telepathic matrices given off by the other people in the bar. Losing all track of time in the bar, as well as sense of direction, Shek Sunrunner topples out of his chair---and wakes up.

"Sorul! I've not consumed a beverage so effective since my days at the Academy!" Wiping the drool from his mouth, Shek turned once again to face D. "Barkeep, I'd like another." Shek threw him a credchit.

------------------
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
Ā—J. R. R. Tolkien

When Shek became emersed in his trance Zurg felt his telepathic matrixes being felt. He closed his eyes probing the itruder's thoughts to identify him. Zurg was no ordinary human, he was a clone of the late Emperor Zurg (see Eve of Destruction). His senses and mind had been greatly enhanced by the Renegade cloners. Emperor Zurg was on the Most Wanted list of United Earth. This being could not be allowed to know who Zurg was through his trance. Zurg opened his eyes and stared across the room an Shek Sunrunner. Shek took another sip of his drink. Zurg felt his mind again. He used his telepathy to send Shek a shock which knocked him out of his seat. Zurg walked up to the Desperado and took a seat at the counter. "Give me a glass of soda. You will probably find the recipe in the ancient drink section of your stores in the Earth file," came the words form the shadows of his hood.

------------------