Silver Horizon - Part II

Okay, I'm leaving, but I will in most certainty not be able to post here until I get back, so lay off on interaction with the governments that I control. I might be able to use e-mail, so I guess you could e-mail me a little.

Bye everybody!

-Captain Carnotaur

------------------
If at first you don't succeed...Hit it harder! - Me
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

8th Horosk Carrier Battle Group - Var'Neth
Admiral Jena watched the battle unfold on the tactical display from his Phoenix Battleship. The Akrahd were battered, up against a force many times their size. His Phoenix Battleship scythed through the Akrahd, vanishing before they could turn major fiepower on it, then hitting, undetected, with its concussion railguns, causing carnage, smashing Akrahd into Akrahd with the kinetic impact.

And flashing on the display, the Horosk 9th Carrier Fleet was shown to be very near to entering the system. Then the Akrahd would be finished here, and the Horosk would take the fight to the enemy.

--------

Projects
Turretted Stalker Missile Launcher
ETA:1 posts

Enhanced Sub-Space Fold
ETA:3 posts

Other
Colonising Loulak
ETA: 1 posts

--------

Horosk Shipyard Construction
Construction rate at 100%

------------------
If someone makes a mistake, it is not my fault. I will however use it to my advantage.

Voted most likely to be a serial killer by Insane Asylum - 2002

"Would it delay the supercruiser project much if we were to push back the completion of the shipyard expansion by a couple of weeks?" Prime Minister Kyala asked.

Military Corps Commander Lasin was obviously not pleased with where this conversation was going, and made his view known immediately. "Yes, I believe it would most likely result in some delay, because we're running out of assemblies we can build without starting on the hull itself. You might as well freeze the supercruiser project itself if you're going to do that. But what could be so important as to push back the supercruiser project?"

"This message I've recieved from the Strand League is that important," Kyala replied. "They're counting on us to provide designs for the Zira and Zirada that utilize tachyonic shields. After providing us with access to the vast majority of their weaponry, including some that you're considering using on the supercruiser, I think it's the very least we can do to send them these designs as quickly as possible."

"If we always put the needs of others before our own," Lasin muttered, "we'll never finish the things that matter to us."

"Don't you see?" Kyala asked. "When we help our friends and allies as best we can, we are doing the things that matter most to us! Do you know the goal of the Diplomatic Corps?"

"Of course I do," Lasin said, then recited a familiar phrase. "To bring an end to war and promote peace and harmony throughout the universe."

"And you of all people should know the Military Corps motto," Kyala stated. "'Peace first, harmony second, violence last.' War is spread by mistrust and misunderstanding and people who are too busy looking out for themselves to care about the races around them. The best way to promote peace is to have a deep and unshakable loyalty to your friends and a respect for the rights of your rivals. We are shielded from the full fury of the Akrahd clans by Azdgari and Strand League space. We are in no immediate danger. The Strand League, though, is right on the battlefront. They need these new designs, and they need them as quickly as we can provide them. The Kayan military has done for the past fifty years without a supercruiser, and I'm sure we'll be able to do without one for another couple weeks. If nothing else, use the delay to help decide which weapons would make the best choice to put on the supercruiser once the project is resumed."

Lasin sighed. "You're right, of course," he conceded. "I can see now why Thunder was so adamant in supporting you in the last elections."

"Well, then," Kyala said, smiling gently, "I think I've got a message to write."

Message to the Strand League , Council of Four, Silverbridge
Point of Origin - Comm Panel 731, Military Corps Headquarters, South Tip Station, Galactica

We've recieved your message regarding the tachyonic shield upgrades of the Zira and the Zidara. The Zidara should be little trouble, as it's armor is almost light enough to accept tachyonic shields already. As for the Zira, it will take a bit more work, and will most likely require the use of polymer compounds or very light metals in the hull. The engineers I've assigned to the project gave me these initial estimates: once the re-designs are complete, the Zidara will go from 275/40 shields and armor to approximately 500/15. The Zira will go from 1000/100 shields and armor to about 1800/25. We have started work on the Tachyonic Shield sub-assembly designs immediately, and expect to have the Zidara plans and sub-assemblies to you by the end of the week. The Zira plans and sub-assemblies will likely take another two weeks beyond that.

Oh, and the Science Corps have recieved your query about kyhdronium and tachyonic shielding. I'm inserting their reply now -

You query was not far off at all, and we have speculated many times with using a crystalline structure (which would provide less interference than metal or even polymers) to boost our nearly non-existant armor values. Kyhdronium was not one of the compounds we considered before, due to its rarity in our space and the difficulty of fixing a thin layer of it to a hull, but our initial simulations suggest that it might provide a nominal armor increase. To give you an idea of how effective this would be, the maximum armor for any ship below battlecruiser class using tachyonic shields is currently about 30. With Kyhdronium enhanced armor, we believe this could be increased up to about 50, possibly even 60 with enough work. We don't know if this is a significant enough increase for you to pursue, but we will leave that decision up to you.

When you are ready to upgrade the Igazrada, do not hesitate to contact us, because we are always ready to provide our assistance.

-Prime Minister Kyala

Message Ends

---

Kayan Construction Update:
Zidara and Zira Tachyonic Shield Plans - 3 posts, 3 remaining (1 post for Zidara plans, 2 for Zira)
Expand Shipyard on Kayla - 3 posts, 1 remaining
Build the one and only Kayan Supercruiser - Frozen due to project limits (18 posts, 14 remaining)

Colonization:
Scientific base / colony in Honoan - 5 posts, 2 remaining

------------------
"One day you'll find your whole life has changed - act quick, be brave, your heart will show you the way"

(This message has been edited by Thunder (edited 06-17-2002).)

OOC: Esponer or Thunder, may I rejoin as a mercenary?

------------------
"I'm gonna drop you like Third Period French!"
-Ocean's 11

OOC- Grunadulater, can we discuss this later, on AIM?

Persephone

{From: Council of Four, Silverbridge}
{To: Kayan Union}

Our thanks go out to you. We had not expected such a reply in the least - we had assumed you would send us the specifications for tachyonic shielding and leave us to incorporate it instead. Once again, our thanks. The basic designs of the Zira and Zidara will be completed in one week now, and we'll filter those vessels into your space to accept the new shield designs. Apologies for stalling your supercruiser operation.

We will be celebrating our 20th anniversary within three days now, so our apologies in advance for any lack of contact during the next few days. If you wish, we will inform our communication relays to send a message to you every minute with "Thank-you" as the subject line.

(cut) "What are you on , Atma, you can't say something like that!"

"Oh, bother."(/cut)

Apparently, the other members of the Council are regretting letting me compose this message. I must go inform them of a few things - I hope you'll excuse me.

{end transmission}

Cintrial
"Sir! Good news!"

"Not more good news..." the officer murmured drolly. "If we get any more good news, cadet, I'm going to have to start shooting people. I mean, I was supposed to be sent to Zeus. What a boring-"

"Umm...sir?"

"Ah yes. The good news, you say? What is it? The Akrahd finally gave us something resemble to shoot? That'd be a-"

"Sir?"

"Next time, just blurt it out, boy. I mean, seriously-"

"The thoron siphon is complete."

"Mind your manners! Didn't your commanding officer ever tell you not to interrupt another officer? When I was being trained-"

"Never mind, sir. I'll leave it for tomorrow."

"Thank you. I am rather busy, you know."

The cadet, standing outside the officer's quarters, the door still closed, looked at his watch. He then blushed. "Yes sir. Apologies, sir."

"Go away."

"Yes, sir."

With the thoron siphon complete, work had already begun on the ideas for a rocket resembling the anti-fighter rocket, but with more basic power, and extremely powerful engines - dubbed the "fast-rocket", with the full name of hyper-velocity rocket. Designs were still being drawn up, but by the time the festival had ended, the scientists would be able to say what it was, exactly, that they were going to develop.

NSI-4299
Elipus Ipir was, as he often described himself, an upper class citizen, in more ways than one. He was handsome, intelligent, and had achieved much in his life - although he was still in the prime of his life. Elipus was, it goes without saying, very proud of himself, and dare it be said, impressed by himself. Now, as Elipus was a very just and orderly man, it could be seen as somewhat "strange" that he was here, on Tetra-Alpha, in a long abandoned star system just off the border of League space. However, Elipus had long since decided that anyone who came to a conclusion that Elipus had fallen on hard times and had resorted to criminal behaviour was, quite literally, "one of them". You see, Elipus had realised many years ago that not many people were blessed with his brilliance, and many of them were quite imperfect in numerous ways. It was, thus, not at all surprising, for one as brilliant as Elipus, that he had uncovered the great conspiracy behind the Strand League's "Galactic Community".

Elipus snorted delicately. It was all very obvious for one as talented as he was - why no-one else had realised that the League were working in conjunction with the Akrahd scum was, unfortunately, beyond him. As a concerned citizen of the real community of the Large Megellanic Cloud, nameless though it may be, it had been Elipus' duty to turn to the only people who could stop the League before it was too late. He didn't particularly like the Guild of Free Privateers, more commonly and incorrectly labelled the "pirates", but he had decided that such sacrifices must be made.

It was no surprise that the Guild had decided to let him into their operation. He was very pleased, he had to admit, with their plans. He had been privy to almost all of their planning, of course, as one as brilliant as he needed to know these things to help contribute. He had already helped modify a few minor problems with the original plan - which was to assassinate the Council of Four and League cabinet with carefully planted snipers. He had quite impressed the Guild officer when he had suggested a P501:504 sniper rather than a standard impact one. He had shrugged off his demonstration of knowledge when inquired, but in fact he was quite proud of himself for knowing about it.

He took a moment to take a breath. The corridors in Tetra-Alpha, he had decided, were cramped, lacked style and were seemingly endless. If they tired Elipus out as they did, they must have been Hell on the inferior League officers that had once manned this outpost. After examining his reflection in a port window, he quickly brought out his comb and neatened his hair. It was always a good idea to look your best before meeting with savages, just to ensure that they understand the situation.

It was as he was putting his comb away that Elipus saw several specks far out in the never ending abyss of space. Naturally, he stayed a few moments to watch. After no more than ten seconds, his mouth opened with horror. They were spaceships! They moved quickly towards Tetra-Alpha, and were obviously huge. And then, there was a massive blast in the hull from somewhere above, and Elipus screeched.

"Are you sure that there's nothing more substantial on the outpost than close range weaponry? Tassar inquired as he watched the specks that were a barrage of Scarab discs head out towards Tetra-Alpha on the scanner. There was no sign of the railgun pellets, but that was no surprise. Railgun pellets were too small for most scanners to pick them up, moved far too fast for anything to keep a lock, and unless a star's light reflected off them, were completely invisible.

"I'm sure," Dacona replied confidently. "When Tetra-Alpha was abandoned, they took everything not directly incorporated into the core out. The Igadzra had always built their silos to be as independant of the ship as possible, even back in the days of SAE modules, and, as such, they took them all out."

Tassar nodded. "They could always have thrown on a few railguns," he added, snorting. "That thing is worse than useless."

"Railguns on a stationery object? No-one ever got around to a turreted version, so that'd be just as worse than useless," Dacona answered with a faint smile. "I'm going to get around to that, eventually. Once everything else is sorted out."

Tassar rolled his eyes. "See enemy. Shoot enemy. Enemy is dead. Now, where about in that do you need all sorts of fancy weaponry and equipment and cup holders that not only hold your cup, but read your mind to work out when you want them to hold your cup?"

"Can we get back to the current situation?" Dacona sighed.

"Of course. You just had to ask."

"You're on form today," Dacona noted idly.

"Aren't I always?" Tassar replied without the faintest trace of a smile.

"Well, yesterday..." Dacona began, before deciding not to bother.

"Oh, forget that. I'm just grumpy now and then. Now, weren't we supposed to be talking about something or other?"

Dacona sighed and rolled his eyes. "Kids."

Apparently, shield generators were another thing that the Igadzrans had always liked to keep fairly independant of the ship - at least in the case of Tetra-Alpha. The outpost was bare of shields, and the short barrage from railguns and Scarab discs, even from so small a sorty, was almost too much. Tassar had seemed quite interested in what the people there would do if there was a hull breach, but Dacona managed - just - to keep him from testing his ideas.

The weapons systems of the outpost were quickly eliminated thanks to the accuracy and range of IGNA weaponry, and then the rather difficult process of actually docking with the outpost took place. It has been noted that docking with an outpost occupied by people who aren't too keen on you doing so can be somewhat messy. The Strand League had very rarely had to do so, instead relying on bombardments. Thus, the idea was extremely dangerous, and was very nearly called off completely.

"Sir, we can't go any closer now," stated one officer at the helm.

"Okay. Target the blast doors to the docking bay. Destroy it," Dacona ordered, managing to entirely hide his worry - from all but Tassar, who was leaning on a wall looking absolutely emotionless.

The process didn't take long. The blast doors were torn apart by the railguns from the few Izars. With the League's already bad armour and its powerful weaponry, the unshielded Tetra-Alpha was laughable. Unfortunately, this attack wasn't about destroying Tetra-Alpha - it was about capturing the man in command.

Once the blast doors were down, the ships manouevred their way into the docking bay, which was already depressurised. A quick sweep around with ship-based weaponry overkilled all defensive measures in the bay, and then Dacona was left with a minor problem.

"Ah - we destroyed the blast doors, didn't we?" he murmured.

"I've told you, time and time again, crossing that bridge when you come to it will only get 'yer feet wet," Tassar replied jovially. "It's not a problem, anyway. You see, they put a second blast door behind the first. Just send someone up to the control room to set the second door in place and re-pressurise this place."

Dacona sighed. "I'm getting old."

"That may work on Lariat, sonny, but I'm at least two decades ahead of you, so, bad luck," Tassar grinned. "I'll get to it right anyway," he added more seriously.

"Thanks. And next time I slip up..."

"Yes?"

"Keep your goddamn mouth shut."

*Technology

Zidara & Zira Upgrades: 2/6
Thoron Siphon: Completed
Hyper-velocity: Design Sketches Stage

3 Aries Colonisation: 1/4

*Naval Stats OOC- caught myself in the act; should equal out by not furthering construction in this post

ZSN: 222,500
IGNA: 222,500
IXD: 50,000
ZEN: 30,000

------------------
-Lyat Esponer Corsair

OOC: How about getting on AIM. <grumble>

------------------
-Ocean's 11

Originally posted by grunadulater:
OOC: How about getting on AIM. <grumble>

OOC- I'm on...oh, not again. Unblocking now.

------------------
-Lyat Esponer Corsair

A man stood outside of the spaceport bar on Calla. He watched for a while as ships set down on landing pads, and then went into the bar. As he entered, he accidentaly walked into a large man, spilling the drink he was holding all over him.

"Excuse me, sir. Sorry about the drink."

"I'll make you sorry!"

The large man punched the smaller man, whos name was Yenn Caer in the face, causing him to fall backwards into the wall. Groaning, the smaller man spat out blood and felt in his mouth. He was missing a few teeth. He got up, and went back outside. The large man was standing next to a Azara. He was talking to his friends that had also come outside.

"Yeah, I got this thing from the Shaego system. It was disabled, and the pilot was to much of a wimp to fight. What a moron." One of his friends spoke.

"How about letting me take it for a test drive, just to see what it can do."

"After you go buy me a drink." The gang walked back into the bar. Yenn walked out and made sure no one was looking. Then he popped open the engine panel on the Azara and started to take out the parts that he liked. After pretty much dissasembling the engine, he slipped something small and black into the engine compartment and closed the panel. He walked away with the parts in a bag just as the large pirate walked back out. Yenn stopped in time to hear the pirates friend talk.

"Lets see what this can do!" The friend actiavated the ship and Yenn ran as the Azara detonated in a huge explosion.

----------

Back in his ship, the Black Night , Yenn looked at his engine and installed the parts that he had taken from the pirate. There, that should increase the speed by some. The Black Night lifed off into the upper atmosphere. Suddenly, Yenn groaned as four blips appeared on his sensors. Apparently, the pirates friends knew that it was him that set the bomb in the Azara.

"Computer, set flight to auto-pilot." Yenn ran down to the cargo hold of his ship and jumped in his fighter, the Sly One , and shot out of the hold.

The pirates weren't expecting a fighter to come out of the ship. The Sly One fired all four of it's Turbophase cannons at the same time, causing the first pirate ship to explode. Two of the pirates attacked the fighter, while the other attacked the large ship. Unfortuanately for the fighter attacking the Black Night which was equiped with enough weapons to destroy a corvette, and the pirate didn't last long.

The other two didn't last long either, both falling prey to Redfire rockets. Yenn flew back to the Black Night and flew off to Capfal to look for a job.

----------

Stats for Black Night class Crescent Warship:
Speed: 270
Accel: 100
Shields: 1200
Amour: 120
Shield Recharge: 800
Weapons:
3 Turbophase Turrets
2 Enhanced Thoron beams
4 Redfire Rocket Launchers/50
1 Fighter bay/1
2 Space Bomb Launcher/20

Stats for Sly One class Crescent Fighter:
Speed: 800
Accel: 600
Shields: 160
Amour: 105
Shield Recharge: 10
Weapons:
4 Tubrophase Cannons
2 Redfire Rocket Launcher/10

----------
Message in Mission computer
"I will work for pay, and trust me, with the right ships, I can meet all your needs."
----------

------------------
-Ocean's 11

Kai'asi looked at the message in the mission computer. "Ai'siu, who is this person? I doubt he can fill the needs of the Union - one man is too small to defeat the entire Akrahd race."
Ai'siu frowned as she traced the message to it's originator, a starship in the Calla system of Pirate space. "It appears to be an independent mercenary, sir." she said. "Name of Yenn Caer, race unknown."
"An independent mercenary, eh?" Kai'asi mused. "I will send a reply - this mercenary could be useful to us."

(to: Yenn Caer)
(fr: Lavrii Union)
(re: Work)
Make your way to Lavrii Prime immediately. The Lavrii Union has a task for you.
-Supreme Arbiter Kai'asi

Talon Torpedo : 11/12
Enhanced Heavy Polaron Beam : 2/8

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/shades_shipyard")Shade's Shipyard(/url), the source for your ship needs.

Free Trade Guilt Governance

-Are our pilots ready for another attack on the Azdgari, asked Vandet Ta to his advisors?

-Well, their piloting skill are better than the Azdgari, but the number is insufficient to act against the Horosk. We would need help from the Teh’Rak again.

-Approved, though I dislike the idea, our dependence becomes greater every day. Did they accepted for the two battle groups and some battleships&

-Yes.

Teh‘Rak Governance

Var‘Neth

Unfortunately for the Horosk horrendous desire to kill and drink blood out of Akrahd skull, the Teh’Rak fleet had realized that an important contingent was coming into Var’Neth, which would have drastic consequences. They had warmed their jump engines and were already ready to leave the system before the arrival of the cruiser. They stayed long enough to make sure that the sensor could analyze the ship and left the Azdgari system in the following second, leaving their enemies with one last wave of missiles, torpedoes, anti-matter particles and plasma bolts.

NSI-9002 & NSI-9001

The T.R.S.A. entered the secured systems and made their move towards than to NSI-4200 where awaited them two battle groups.

Korellian

The valiant fighters of the Teh’Rak Space Assault had made it clear that they would not bend their back and become prisoners of the aliens and execrable neighbours. The fleet was getting the needed reparations to act again and be ready to fight the invader again.

Message to Yenn Caer , coded

I heard a lot about you, a man of principles that works hard to make things happen. This is what I like. We could meet at some point in the near future in Burtler for example to discuss more explicitly our relation.

You already have half a million credits added to your bank account.

A Message from Uli

Teh‘Rak Report

Technological:
()Thoron Energy Projection: 2 posts left, 8 to outfit.
(
)Upgrade of the anti-matter weaponry: 3 to implement.

T.R.S.A. Ship Production:
(*)S-D-2 : 141 600/141 600 units completed.

RMA: the Afa is not abandoned, it is under constant patrol of the Free Traders’ Guilt, it adds some deaths to the counters.

------------------
Mes plus sincčres Salutations ŕ la Vie,
Reine de ce Monde.

(Message to Lavrii Union)
"Whats your pay?"
(end)

(Message to Uli)
"I think I may accept your offer. It depends on the pay."
(end)

------------------
-Ocean's 11

(to: Yenn Caer)
(fr: Lavrii Union)
(re: Work)
Upon completion, you will be given several million credits, and an Enhanced Heavy Polaron Beam for your vessel.
-Supreme Arbiter Kai'asi

Talon Torpedo : 10/12
Enhanced Heavy Polaron Beam : 1/8

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/shades_shipyard")Shade's Shipyard(/url), the source for your ship needs.

(message to Lavrii Union)
"That kind of weaponry looks promising. Very well. I accept your offer."
(end)

(message to Uli)
"I am sorry, but I cannot accept your mission at the moment. Prehaps if you were to message me later, I would consider it."
(end)

----------

The Black Night flies to Lavrii Prime at top speeds.

------------------
-Ocean's 11

OOC:The Teh'Rak would have no idea a Horosk fleet was incoming. It is cloaked, and thus hidden from sensors. However, I'll let it go, since this just lets me do other things.

8th and 9th Horosk Carrier Battle Groups - Var'Neth
Admiral Jena cursed as the Akrahd fleet sped out, leaving just before the 9th Battle Group entered. He turned to his communications officer, and spoke. 'As soon as the 9th Battle Group enters the system, transmit orders for them to go to these coordinates. Transmit Plan Gamma 9 to the Azdgari and ask that they follow it. The Akrahd will not escape this time.'

--------

Projects
Turretted Stalker Missile Launcher
The Turretted Satlker Missile Launcher is completed. 7 launchers, arranged in a 2-3-2 setup are mounted on a turret, and connected to extremely large magazines. The targetting software allows each launcher to fire individually, or simulataneously as is needed. Refit is expected to begin soon.
ETA:Completed

Enhanced Sub-Space Fold
ETA:2 posts

Fleet Refit
A major overhaul of the Horosk Navy is beggining, in order to accomadate technology advances. Total refit is expected to take sometime, due to the amount of new systems being installed. To start with, fighter craft will be refitted, and heavier ships once the updated sub-space fold is completed. ETA:20 posts

Other
Colonising Loulak
The colonisation of Loulak is now completed, and the system is swarming with carrier groups, fresh out of the shipyards, training hard. Several large mining operations are underway, proving a boon to the local Horosk economy. It is expected the system will be expanded with a fully capable shipyard soon. ETA: Completed

Horath Outpost Expansion
In order to support the increasing fleet, the Horath Oupost is being expanded to accomadate the fleets demands, and is being turned into a full Fleet Base. ETA:5 posts

--------

Horosk Shipyard Construction
Construction rate at 100%

------------------
If someone makes a mistake, it is not my fault. I will however use it to my advantage.

Voted most likely to be a serial killer by Insane Asylum - 2002

(This message has been edited by RMA (edited 06-17-2002).)

Yenn Caer's Crescent Warship touched down on a quiet landing pad in the main island city of Havirii. Kai'asi and Ai'siu were waiting for the alien.
"Greetings, Yenn Caer." Kai'asi said. "I am Supreme Arbiter Kai'asi, and this is the Arbiter of the Diplomatic Relations Ai'siu. If you would care to come with us, we can discuss your employment."

Five minutes later, the trio were seated in Ai'siu's office in Havirii.
"Your task is this." Kai'asi began. "We have procured several non-aligned Lavrii vessels, such as might be owned by any trader or mercenary. You will lead these forces in a hit-and-run strike on the headquarters of the Thalleon Akrahd, with the aim of recovering whatever technology you can. We make no pretenses about this mission being difficult; but if your vessel is destroyed, we will replace it, and we will pay the costs of having it repaired. This, of course, goes with the fact that you are not to tell the Thalleon that the Lavrii are behind this attack."

Talon Torpedo : 9/12
Enhanced Heavy Polaron Beam : complete

------------------

Yenn nodded.
"I may take a long time, so don't assume I have failed."

----------

The small fleet that had been provided was, well... small. It was a few frieghters, a few fighters, and a heavy frieghter. Not much for combat, but... It would have to do. Yenn shot into hyperspace and arrived at the system of Omahr. His fleet landed to pick up some goods for the Thalleon.

"Lets see, 400 tons of food. Wow, where you going, buddy." The dockmaster seemed curious.

"This is for the Thalleon. I've heard that I don't want to get on their bad side." As Yenn left the docking bay, he walked up to the bar. He decided to hire a Miranu Gunship as an escort. The pilot seemed freindly enough...

----------

The fleet made it's way through Thalleon systems, with no suspicion arising. Not that it should be; the fleet was doing nothing suspicious.

As Yenn made his way to the Thalleon system, he was sure to be friendly to all passing ships. He let them inspect all cargo, and there was nothing wrong.

Down on the planet of Thalleon Prime, Yenn unloaded all cargo and let it be inspected. As he was leaving back to his ship, he groaned. The dockmaster looked worried.
"Whats wrong?"

"Sorry, I left my creds in the cargo unloading bay. Ugg, I'll be right back." Yenn ran back to the hold, got his credit stick, and cursed in his mind. There were gaurds. No way to get a bomb anywhere. After cursing again in his mind, he walked back to his ship and lifed off. He needed to go see a shipyard.

----------

"Hello, I'm looking for a new ship. My old one is just to beat up; I don't think it'll fly anymore." One of the frieghter pilots from the fleet was talking to the shipyard master.

"Well, as you can see, these ships are only the finest. Though your frieghter will not get you a lot of credits, I'm sure you have enough to purches a new model."

"Yes, I just got a raise from my employer."

While the two were talking, Yenn and a small crew were in the back of the shipyard, by an old beat up Destroy class ship. Yenn opened a small panel, and plugged a cord into the jack. He set his datapad to download, and it began to copy the schimatics of all the weapons on the ship. The shipyard master was finishing up the deal with the pilot.

"Well, thank you for your old frieghter. Good luck with your trading. We hope to see you again." Unfortunatly, the download wasn't done. The pilot just stood there, waiting.

"Um, excuse me, could you move?" The pilot moved in front of the master.

"Please move out of my way."The pilot didn't budge,"MOVE!" Finally, the download was done, and a buzzer in the pilots ear went off. The pilot started running at top speed to his new ship. He lept in and took off, along with the rest of the fleet, who had all gotten into their ships. Suddenly, with a huge explosion, the old frieghter exploded. This caused a chain reaction in which all fuel tanks detonated. The whole shipyard exploded in a huge fireball.

As the fleet left the planet, they were chased by hundreds of fighters. Yenn groaned as his escorts fell one by one. Then the fighters came to him. Almost... there... Wham! The Black Night was hit by a barrage of lasers.

"Argg!" Yenn turned on the afterburners, but it was too late. He turned on the comm.

"Okay, okay! You've got me already. I'll come peacefully!" Yenn tried to turn on the long range comm, but it had been knocked out by the first huge blast. Again, he cursed in his mind. This just wasn't his lucky day.

------------------
-Ocean's 11

(This message has been edited by grunadulater (edited 06-18-2002).)

Kai'asi shook his head at the mercenary. "I'm sorry, but I specified that your aim was to recover technology , not blow up their shipyards! Still, you have managed to recover intact the schematics for the Akrahd Antimatter Cannon, so here is your pay" - he handed Yenn a credit chip- "And my engineers will fit a new model Heavy Phased Beam on your ship. Unlike the old model, it does not require the energy of four Interceptors to power it, which ought to be some help to you."
The mercenary thanked him, and left.
Kai'asi sent the schematics of the Antimatter Cannon to Lavrii Nebulae, where the scientists would work on reconfiguring it to Lavrii specifications.

Talon Torpedo : 8/12
Alter Antimatter Cannon to fit on Lavrii ships : 4/4

------------------

Deleted

MOD: Shade and Grundanulater - As much as I like the idea of mercenaries getting involved in the action, I'm afraid your last two posts are revoked. First off, the Akrahd Thalleon don't even have access to Anti-Matter weapons. (For future reference: even if they did, it would take at least twice the stated amount of time to integrate an alien technology into your ships without that race's engineers to consult) Secondly, one post battles are highly discouraged. You didn't have an overwhelming advantage of numbers, and didn't give the Akrahd Thalleon (Yes, they are controlled by a player) time to respond. You may try the technology theft mission again if you like, but this time do it fairly and give the Thalleon a chance to react.

------------------
"One day you'll find your whole life has changed - act quick, be brave, your heart will show you the way"

Deleted