Silver Horizon - Part II

Sojin shook his head as Redchigh spoke and he held up a hand when he was finished. There was a brief smile played across his lips, but it was gone as quickly as it came. Suddenly his tone became serious, his stance of one about to open fire if so much as threatened. Lowering his hand, he gave Angie a studying look and then shook his head again.

“Immunity comes first, within your own space as you said. But the shield emmiters will have to wait. Besides, even if you knew where my ship was, I very likely doubt she would be pleased with strange techs. I’ll be leaving within the hour to Arkahd space...after a little deter that is on the way.” He smiled again and added, “Besides, I owe a clan or two some grief.”

He was about to turn when he looked at the leaders and said softly, “If you try in any way to hamper or mess with my ship, you’ll find yourself being very sorry you crossed that line. The last person who thought otherwise was one Daskan, a very promient pirate faction leader. I killed him where he stood in full view of his command staff and walked away without a second thought. That is a promise, not a threat.”

He left the two Azdgari in the darkened warehouse as he left by the other door, his footfalls silent on the ground.

------------------
(url="http://"http://pub51.ezboard.com/fquillzfrm4.showMessage?topicID=10.topic")A Pilot's memory(/url)

OOC:Various stuff checked with mod. No Horosk ships for battle are in Var'Neth at the moment.

8th Horosk Carrier Battle Group - Dilgu
The system was secure, the enemy had been wiped out to the last ship. The Azdgari Kamikazes ahd finished off a few unyielding Akrahd ships, and the Horosk Fighter swarms had run down any stragglers. Heavy Fighters began strafing ground emplacements, while Frigates landed and began to secure the planet. All heavy resistance was obliterated by orbital strikes, and major areas were secured quickly. Soon the entire planet would be under Horosk control

--------

Message To: 8th Horosk Carrier Battle Group - Admiral Jani
Message From: Horosk Prime
Subject: Reinforcements
The 9th Horosk Carrier Battle Group has been dispatched to provide support, and enable you to ensure the destruction of the Akrahd who have attacked you. Replacements for lost ships are also on the way.
Message Ends

--------

Projects
Multi-Emitter Shield & Energy Dampener Intergration
ETA: Completed

Deployable Defence Platform
ETA: 3 posts

Turretted Stalker Missile Launcher
Horosk Military simulations, and actual fighting have shown that if a long range PDS system was added to Capital ships, capital ship survivability would multiply many times, allowing munitions to be picked off far outside any feasible blast radius. Therefore, a turret with 4 Stalker Missle Launchers is being developed to be fitted onto capital ships. It is expected to be a huge success. ETA:6 posts

Other
Horath Outpost expansion
ETA:Completed

Colonising Loulak
Loulak is a system of 3 large gas giants, and asteroid belts littering the system. Therefore it is being colonised to provide raw material, as well as providing a place for Horosk Fighter Training. ETA: 6 posts

--------

Horosk Shipyard Construction
Construction rate at 100%

------------------
If someone makes a mistake, it is not my fault. I will however use it to my advantage.

Voted most likely to be a serial killer by Insane Asylum - 2002

Originally posted by RMA:
ETA: 3 posts

Horosk Military simulations, and actual fighting have shown that if a long range PDS system was added to Capital ships, capital ship survivability would multiply many times, allowing munitions to be picked off far outside any feasible blast radius. Therefore, a turret with 4 Stalker Missle Launchers is being developed to be fitted onto capital ships. It is expected to be a huge success. ETA:6 posts

Colonising Loulak
Loulak is a system of 3 large gas giants, and asteroid belts littering the system. Therefore it is being colonised to provide raw material, as well as providing a place for Horosk Fighter Training. ETA: 6 posts

MOD: RMA, that is 3 projects, the maximum is 2. You can still have all three of your projects but you may only advance two at a time. The third one must be "ETA: Delayed due to project limits". That or simply remove one of them and put it back up when one of your other two finishes.

------------------
"One day you'll find your whole life has changed - act quick, be brave, your heart will show you the way"

Originally posted by Thunder:
MOD: RMA, that is 3 projects, the maximum is 2. You can still have all three of your projects but you may only advance two at a time. The third one must be "ETA: Delayed due to project limits". That or simply remove one of them and put it back up when one of your other two finishes.

Inter-mod madness- One colonisation project is allowed outside of that, according to what Carnotaur told me earlier in AIM.

------------------
-Lyat Esponer Corsair

Originally posted by SilverDragon:
**Inter-mod madness- One colonisation project is allowed outside of that, according to what Carnotaur told me earlier in AIM.

OOC: Carno, is this true? Seeing as you're the one who made the rules in the first place, I'll defer my moderation to you on this one.

------------------
"One day you'll find your whole life has changed - act quick, be brave, your heart will show you the way"

The Miranu diplomat looked thoughtfully at the list of Lavrii techs, and then took up the Kavirii, the diplomat talked.

"Well, our defences pods are one of our oldest but most important defensive measures. Now, what would the Lavrii care for a trade of the Defense Pods for the Polaron Disruptor? Or is there something else you can offer us or would like instead?"

He put the Kavirii down and sat in his chair expectantly.

---------------------------------

Kenra walked among the Science Department happily. All the scientists had something to do with all the new techs they had gotten, and the duelbeam had been tested and was being spread among the ships slowly. Kenra walked silently as she got out of the Science department, wondering if she should go on a tour of the planets soon.

It was customary but it seemed that there was still a lot of things to do on Athena. She shrugged, and then looked up suddenly with a smile. A girl slightly younger than her was jogging towards her with a smile. "Kenra, hi cousin! I decided that it was time for a family visit, since I'm the closest family you got in this side of the universe." Kenra smiled as Leana talked. Her mother's brother had married and had children, and Leana and Kenra had always been almost as close as sisters.

"Hi Leana. Thanks for coming, I was beginning to get lonely, and you know how cranky I get when I'm lonely!" Kenra grinned at her cousin, and the two walked together towards Kenra's home in the city, chatting as if they were just normal people.

----------------------------

Research:
Deep Scan - 17 posts.

------------------
If your looking at this signature, you need a life.

MOD: You people are just funny to watch. 😉

Okay, there is a max of two projects. A project is upgrading a tech or ship, research, or building a supercruiser. A project is NOT colonizing a planet. You may build one supercruiser at a time and one colony at a time.

And yes, I admit I accidentally forgot that building a supercruiser was classified as a project, so sorry, and please don't butcher me. 😉

------------------
If at first you don't succeed...Hit it harder! - Me
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

Var‘Neth

The fighters swarmed the aradas and laziras with ease causing devastating results in the Azdgari ranks. While some Hive class were present in the system, they could not face the 2 600 battleships facing them, all the same happened to the AIR. -I did not dig far enough in Part I- The Azdara Carriers came to help with the Igazra (or Igadzra??), but they were still blasted by the rail guns and secondary ordinances of the T.R.S.A.. The Azdaras and Fireflies made raids on the Teh’Rak warships, but could not make significant damages

Syter

Loke Humčne had contacted the AEC and they were ready to act. They had been able to reach some military guards to hide some explosive in exchange of a few thousand credits. Sensor, refuelling and many hangars were wisely Ťminedť with small bombs, but many of them. Syter’s civil space port had also been targeted and some financial buildings of Gold Syter.

In thirty minutes, all would explode and cause massive damage to the AIR. In other Azdgari systems, independent AEC were working on their own bombing of Azdgari important locations.

Teh‘Rak Report

Technological:
()Thoron Energy Projector: 8 posts left, 8 to outfit.
(
)Upgrade of the anti-matter weaponry: 3 research, 2 to implement.

Military:
()Mining of NSI-9002, 2 posts. (halted)
(
)Outpost Cheble: 3 posts.

Social:
(*)Colonisation of Harad: 5 posts (halted).

T.R.S.A. Ship Distribution:
()Bring all battleships to the front, 1 posts;
(
)Fighter: 31 466 this post.

------------------
Mes plus sincčres Salutations ŕ la Vie,
Reine de ce Monde.

(OOC: There are 50,000 Kayan ships defending Var'Neth, and about 45,000 defending Sheago. Also, thanks Carno for clearing up the 2 projects rule and informing us that one colonization is allowed outside of the 2 project limit.

Var'Neth system

"All units fall back!" Kayan Commander Bikara ordered. "Form a defensive perimeter behind the defense drones. Make the Teh'Rak come to us. Launch long range ordinance. SAI, Stalker Missiles, I don't want to see even one launcher silent! With any luck we'll be able to hold the Teh'Rak off long enough for Azdgari or Horosk reinforcements to arrive."

Throughout the system Kayan ships complied, and under the cover of strafing runs from fireflies and aradas, they assumed a defensive position scattered about a field of Defense Drones. Stalker Missiles pummelled the forward Teh'Rak ranks with pinpoint precision and blinding velocity, but their light yield made for a deceptive light show; for all their sound and fury they did only moderate damage to the Teh'Rak ships. The SAI's were far more devastating, but there were enough Teh'Rak ships that even the clouds of SAI fire were not enough to ensure a victory.

"I hope the Azdgari and Horosk have something up their sleeves," Bikara thought to himself. "Otherwise, this battle's going to be a close one."

---

A convoy of Engineering, Labor, and Science Corps ships arrived together in the Honoan system and landed on the habitable moon of the gas giant in the system. Their intent: build an outpost and small colony to observe and study the dynamics of the atmosphere of the gas giant. The fact that the blues and yellows of the gas giant shone bright and beautiful in the night sky from the grassy plains on the moon was an added bonus; no doubt this colony would become a popular vacation spot once it was completed. The scientists, of course, cared little for the beauty, but more for what could be learned from the fluid dynamics of the planet's raging atmosphere.

---

Kayan Construction Update:
Build a Sixth Tachyonic Generator - 9 posts, 1 remaining
Build the one and only Kayan Supercruiser - 18 posts, 17 remaining

Colonization:
Scientific outpost / colony in Honoan - 5 posts, 5 remaining

------------------

(edited to fix the spelling of "Var'Neth", because spelling is so important when it comes to systems that you've got to look up on a map :))

(This message has been edited by Thunder (edited 06-11-2002).)

Ai'siu returned, and handed Kai'asi a note. "Ah well," he mused, "We can stand without them. Still, they're pretty rude little critters, aren't they?"
Taking the Kaivrii, he spoke to the Miranu.
"That is indeed an excellent trade." He said. "In return for your Defence Pods, we will grant you our Polaron Disruptor."
Turning then to Thunder, Kai'asi spoke again. "You are silent, friend. Have you come to any decision as yet?"

On the science base in Lavrii Nebulae, the scientists of the Union were examining their next project.
"The Supreme Arbiter wants us to fuse traditional Anti Shield Torpedos with alien munitions known as "Defence Pods." Adu'su said. "This should be interesting - they say that the schematics for the "Defence Pods" will arrive soon, hopefully. Apparently they are quite powerful."

Enhanced Heavy Polaron Beam : 5/8

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/shades_shipyard")Shade's Shipyard(/url), the source for your ship needs.

Var‘Neth

The Kayan Defence Drones were attacking the T.R.S.A. and protecting the defenders. As the Akrahd ships closed in, the plasma particles stumbled constantly and then we supported by thorium beams and thoron heavy canons and turrets. Before the Teh’Rak close range weapons could be effective, several walls of torpedoes and missiles left the barrier formation of the intruder. The multiple warhead of the Storm torpedo made a lot of damage in the closer ranks of the Kayan Alliance and then the Hail missile did the same when the distance was short enough. Fighters on both sides engaged other fighters and warships in small squadrons whirling throughout Var’Neth.
Then the Akrahd ship came closer to the Kayan warships and had to face the defence pod, which ended to be quite deadly. Still, the superior number of Teh’Rak ships and their superior close range primary made the battle turn to their side...

Cheble

The Outpost was now enough constructed to house the Korellian IV fleet. In two posts, the Outpost Cheble will be equipped with military shipyard facilities and many battalions from the T.R.W.A.. One thousand five hundred and thirty three battleships were added to the 1 600 that were in Korellian IV.

Little Alley, Trall, Homeward

-Mr. Tax, Qul is one effective man a man I have not seen in a long time. Have you received your canopy?

-No, it should arrive at the meeting point, so they do not retrace me. I have a small bank account, even after all what I have done. Why did you come back here?

-For no reason, just to know how your flowers were like, I did not remember if they were Crocus Bucus or Crocis Bucus. And if I could use the System again.

-The System is not as safe as it was, it is now constantly monitored by the government. I should be able to find you a code to access it within a few days. Still, you have the more recent communication device that can be used, like you did a few days ago.

-Or hours. Nah I want to be capture. Well sort of...

-Well, you know that time passes very slowly when you are retired... Not when you are capture. I can tell you about both of them.

Latter

-Thank you, you should have enough money now to be able to find other parts for Lucy.

Zozo‘s Star Port, Makta (the northern one next to Syter)

Loke entered in a telephone booth and started his communication:

=-=-=-=- Message to 34&37@839)=(37 -=-=-=-=-=

The mission had been successful and we can now hope for a better future for the Azdgari Empire. We can now continue on our mission to take power and drive the Azdgari Imperial Raiders to the utmost level. Let the fall of the dictatorial presidency of Redchigh end.

=-=-=-=- A message from Uli -=-=-=-=- Encryption: System -=-=-=-=

Teh‘Rak Report

Technological:
()Thoron Energy Projector: 7 posts left, 8 to outfit.
(
)Upgrade of the anti-matter weaponry: 2 research, 4 to implement.

Military:
(*)Outpost Cheble: 2 posts.

T.R.S.A. Ship Distribution:
()Bring all battleships to the front, there are 1 533 battleships in Korellian I, III and Cheble; (total: 4 600)
(
)Fighter: 31 466 this post.

------------------
Reine de ce Monde.

(This message has been edited by Ne Demord Jamais (edited 06-12-2002).)

8th Horosk Carrier Battle Group - Calla
The Pirates were on high alert, knowing that the Horosk had just wiped out their forces in Dilgu, along with every Akrahd ship that had helped them. The state of readiness didnt help them in the slightest.

One moment, the system had been empty, nothing on sensors. The next, thousands of concussion missiles smashed into them, simultaneous with over 150000 Interceptors strafing every ship, thousands of heavy fighters unleashing rockets that decimated the capital ships. Barely seconds into the battle, and the Pirate fleet had already taken serious damage, and it was heavily outnumbered, faced by a fleet it could not even pinpoint, which was not only more advanced, but which had an overwhelming tactical advantage.

Horosk Fleet stats:
1000 Main Carriers
2000 Light Carriers
16000 Cruisers
48000 Frigates
150000 Interceptors
20000 Heavy Fighters

Pirate Fleet stats"
Not sure, but heavily damaged and confused due to explosions.

--------

Dilgu
In Dilgu, the planet ahd been secured, resistance fading fast, the Pirates not being organised enough to put up much of a fight against overwhelming firepower. Already, the shipyards where being turned over to produce Horosk capable ships, albiet slowly due to the tech differences. It would take an upgrade of the planets infrastructure to bring it to Horosk specs.

--------

Var'Neth
The Akrahd fleet faced the defending Kayans and Azdgari, attention diverted. 33500 Ships appeared in space behind them, and let loose with their concussion missiles and rockets. The Horosk ahd arrived, and instead of sending the fighters forwards to attack, they stayed behind, swarming about the fleet in a defensive position. Anything coming near would come up against unmeasurable firepower.

The Akrahd fleet faced enemies on both sides, surrounded yet again. They did not know how many Horosk ships where even firing at them, just that a lot where firing.

--------

Projects
ETA: 2 posts

ETA:5 posts

Other
Colonising Loulak
ETA: 5 posts

--------

------------------
If someone makes a mistake, it is not my fault. I will however use it to my advantage.

Red and Angien left the warehouse, silent, wondering how long the mission would take..
they got in an azdara assigned to them, and as soon as they kicked the engine up, the computer started talking, and giving them updates about the SL techs and, more importantly, Var'Neth.

The azdara darts across the sky, glowing a bright red in-atmosphere. It arrives, and both generals rush to the war-room,to overview the battle. An ensign comes up to Redchigh.."What is it Sar'kér?"
"Sir, there's something you should look at. This was recorded by a telephone booth on Sakta."
"So? What's so important about that?"
"Don't you think it odd that a public telephone booth would be sending a message with a high-end military encryption scheme?"
"Good point.. The telephone booth recorded his face.. get it out to the public. We need to talk to him.. he might be a terrorist."
"Yes, sir."
The ensign rushed off down the hallway.
----------------------
"Warfleets in Var'Neth, engage the akrahd forces at will. Close the distance ASAP, and release Shield Drones...... Suicide Squadron b, come in.."
A robotic voice replies. "This is SuAzo8w3, what are our orders?"
"Ok, go to these coordinates....35,p91, 703."
"Voice Confirm space system 'Var'Neth' ?"
Angien straightened up.. she hated voice confirmations..
in a strained voice, she spoke "Confirm. Password Pegusi"
"Password Rejected. 3 minutes to Detonation."
"DAMNit all to hell. "CONFIRM PASSWORD PEGUSI!"
"Password Rejected. 2 minutes to detonation."
A voice from behind angien commented "Official Override. Password Pegusi."
"Password Accepted. Voice Recognized. Greetings Redchigh. Confirm space system Var'Neth?"
"Confirm. Password Pegusi."

"That was close, wasn't it angie?"
"Shut up..." Angien said smiling.
"Im sending another warfleet. "
"Ok, fine."
-------------------
Var'Neth
The Akrahd were being closed in on by the defenders, when the Azdgari jumped in.
Warfleet Milstead, along with an additional 300 azdaras and 30 aradas. As the Akrahd suspected, and feared, all three hundred were suicide azdaras, which stormed the akrahd fleets, hitting the middle of their battleships, heavilydamaging nearby akrahd vessels.
then the present escort fleets (4 Igazras, 12 (azdara) Carriers, 20 Laziras, 48 Aradas, 1200 Azdaras), Defense fleet (3 igazras, 4 carriers, 30 Laziras, 30 Aradas, and 50 azdaras) and the warfleet.. (7,100 Azdaras, 8,600 Aradas, 4,485 Laziras, 2,300 Igadzras, 1000 Defensive Carriers) stormed forward, launching hundreds of thousands of phased-neutron bolts.
I'll leave it to RMA to add all those numbers up, they're too big for me. the 300 kamikaze azdaras do 1650 shield damage and 500 armor damage. A tiny amount were shot down, but take it like a man, NeDemiord. I could have sent 140,000.
I'm nice. 😉

------------------
"And as the Darkness descends, do you follow the light, or embrace the darkness?"
~Diane Kinsman
(little known philosopher, early 21st century)
(they start feeling the prisoners helpless, 'til someone comes along on a mission and yells "*****"

Var‘Neth

The Teh’Rak used the Hatch formation to pass over the packed defenders. As that moment, the Horosk entered the system, but their concussion ammunitions were to far behind and could not catch up the ship in time. As the Akrahd ship made a turn around after over passing their native enemies, they aimed their beams and heavy weapons at the accelerating ships with devastating results. Some were already facing the Horosk ships sending tons of secondary at them, continuing to move in the other direction and accelerating to get closer to them. When they came back in their direction, they met the Kayans and Azdgari again and a fantastic exchange of fire took place, while continuing to send thousand of missiles and torpedoes at the alien. The Teh’Rak commander ask his men to keep themselves not too close not to far away in case the Horosk reappear again. Still, reinforcement was coming from an unexpected location.

When the Azdgari stumble upon the Teh’Rak forces, a few kamikaze we stopped in extremis -do they still explode if they miss or explode like mines when shot?- before reaching a few battle ships. The wall of phase-neutron weaponry had not yet reached the intruders that it was already receiving plasma from the Akrahd. A wall of secondary was sent from the rapid firing Lion Spears and other warships at the defence carriers of the AIR, to limit their ability to send mines to the maximum. The fighters in the battleship’s bay were sent on the laziras and igazra (or Igadzra?) to make sure they do not do more arm, they were also escorted by missile boats unloading many typhoon missiles at them. They were also protected by tons of plasma fired from afar. Other fighters went on to pursue aradas and azdaras.

The Pirates of Levti, Caple and Afa had accepted to join the Teh’Rak and to escape the Horosk. About 80 000 ships were in Korellian and had left their worlds mined so that no one could use them without blowing up. Knowing that their end was soon, the Pirate League decided to do one last action.100 000 ships from Rossi, Yorbo and Callble made their move towards Syter. The remaining twenty thousand we the ones fighting bravely in Calla against the Edien-like alien.

Syter

The Azdgari officer in charge was terrified when he saw so many ships coming towards him. He pushed the red button, but it was in vain five against one, the Azdgari were doomed, even with their new kamikaze.

Teh‘Rak Report

Technological:
()Thoron Energy Projector: 6 posts left, 8 to outfit.
(
)Upgrade of the anti-matter weaponry: 2 research, 4 to implement.

Military:
(*)Outpost Cheble: 1 posts.

T.R.S.A. Ship Production:
(*)Fighter: 31 466 this post.

RMA, be nice and post what ships are there when you attack, it is so easy and can be done rapidly. Also, it is the minimum requirement from an English lord!

Thank you.

(url="http://"http://clava0.tripod.com/index.html")Ship Statistics and Weapon Specifications(/url) for almost all.

Please tell me if there is any irregularity.

Thank you.

------------------
Reine de ce Monde.

(This message has been edited by Ne Demord Jamais (edited 06-12-2002).)

(This message has been edited by Ne Demord Jamais (edited 06-14-2002).)

(edit)Never mind, it works now(/edit)

------------------
"I'm gonna drop you like Third Period French!"
-Ocean's 11

(This message has been edited by grunadulater (edited 06-12-2002).)

NSI-714

Two ships were alone in the dead of night of the outer system, the only light coming from its blue-white star, causing the ships' hulls to gleam. One was an old Crescent Warship, a century old but still strong. She was the Glory of Arion , a fine ship now captained by Kazani, a gift from her former captain.

The other was the Raven, her hull gleaming silver in the light of the star. Attatched to her hull was a crescent fighter, the Njal. Both ships were similar in that they were both seniteint. There the difference ended, as the Arion was cold and aloft, buisness like and no more. Very different from Raven, as different as day and night.

Sojin was walking down the corridors, heading towards the airlock and the fighter, as he would need every edge in terms of speed and stealth. He had ordered Raven to take to somewhere safe, until his return. The smuggler was going on what would very likely be his most dangerous job in all his career, perhaps even the deadliest.

Sojin reached the airlock to find himself facing Raven. They had all but kept clear of each other since leaving Azdgari space, ever since that kiss. They both knew their feelings and each other's hearts, yet neither knew how to act, or perhaps rather didn't want to.

Now though, neither could avoid each other. He didn't want to either. Sojin looked at Raven and suddenly found himself crossing the space between the pair, and he held her in his arms. They stood holding each other for long moments, the corridors silent. Then Sojin kissed Raven tenderly and with passion, which was returned with equal feeling. There was no need for words as the kiss ended and Sojin looked into her eyes. With a nod, Sojin left with a final kiss.

The Njal deattatched from the hull of the Raven and in a flash of silvery-white flew away from both ships, before a jump point was opened and the fighter jumped into hyperspace.

Moments later, the remaining ships left realspace and the system was once more empty and quiet.

------------------
(url="http://"http://pub51.ezboard.com/fquillzfrm4.showMessage?topicID=10.topic")A Pilot's memory(/url)

"Damnit! It's never good to have an attack on more than one front, and there... we have three!"
"No use talking... what fleets are available?"
"Most of our warfleets are on missions... but we're no where near crippled. All but three of our interceptor fleets are availible... and notablke other fleets. Oh trust me, we can fight without a warfleet.. " Angien smiled.
"Well get it done! and make sure they don't wanna try again."
"My pleasure.."

------------------
Syter
The defense fleet is almost completely destroyed, however before the planet can take much damage, several fleets jump in... In strategic surrounding positions close to the invading fleet, the following numbers engulf the enemy....

The only two availible warfleets, pernicous and vaught, jump in, with full accents...
16,200 Azdaras
26,200 Aradas
14,970 Laziras
5,600 Igadzras
1,640 Defensive Carriers
75,000 Kamikaze Azdaras

(Please note, all. This post will be used to show just how strong my Kamikaze Azdaras really are. Carno, Im only using this because I think that it's unfair that my enemy gets to control the pirates this much..
GRAND TOTAL OF KAMIKAZE SHIELD DAMAGE: (Waits for drumroll) 123,750,000 points of shield damage! )
Now, for the actual IC...
Syter
The pirates are engulfed by Phased-Neutron weaponry, which does decent damage. Packs of Igazras and Defense Carriers launch shield drones around the perimiter of the pirate fleet, sapping the pirate shields by a large amount. Pirate artillery finally take out several of the Igazras and the shield drones, but that's only the beginning. This is the sign for the Kamikaze azdaras to make their first wave...
A squadron of 2,500 kamikaze azdaras storm the enemy, crashing into their shields, delivering massive damage. 30 of the largest pirate vessels are instantly vaporized, along with unnumerable fighters and smaller vessels caught in the blast radius... infortunately, a squadron of Azdgari aradas that were nearby were atomized in the blast radius.
Another squadron storms the pirates, but by now, the pirates know what's coming. They drop all targets, and aim for the incoming azdara-missiles, and even with shield rams, the head azdaras stood no real chance, taking the blunt of the attack.. They glow a brighter and brighter red as their rams overload, and the ships explode, detonating their payload.. In the squadron's haste, they were too close together. The blast radius of each azdara takes out the azdara behind it, settingoff a cataclysmic chain reaction which destroys all 2,500 in the squadron, along with destroying 45 Igazras and Carriers caught in the radius, damaging over half of warfleet Vaught.The kamikazes scatter, to avoid the same disaster, and the fleet simply engages the pirates in a close-range melee free-for-all, with both sides taking massive damage. The massive firefight is accented with the occasional kamikaze azdara, usually finishing and igniting pirate warships into giant balls of fire...

Var'Neth
The Azdgari fleets release their long-range ordinance at close range, with catastrophic results... massive damage is done to the pirates, and the shield drones are just the icing on the cake...

------------------
"And as the Darkness descends, do you follow the light, or embrace the darkness?"
~Diane Kinsman
(little known philosopher, early 21st century)
(they start feeling the prisoners helpless, 'til someone comes along on a mission and yells "*****"

8th Horosk Carrier Battle Group - Calla
The Pirates where overwhelmed, outnumbered, and battered. Weaving Interceptors simply passed over ships, leaving nothing behind, thousands of concussion missiles hit, causing horrendous damage. The Pirate fleet couldnt even target most of the Horosk ships, and those they could, fire went wide, and munitions where shot down. Trying to close in just meant the faster, smaller ships blew up, while the big ships couldnt get close. When they did, the Horosk just vanished into sub-space fold.

With the retreat of the Pirates from their systems, it was a losing battle. Soon the system would be secure.

--------

Var'Neth
The Horosk fleet had vanished into sub-space fold when the Akrahd ahd turned towards them, and since then, the Akrahd hadnt seen a solid sensor reading of a Horosk capital ship. Thousands of concussion missiles repeatedly smashed into the Akrahd, from apparently empty space. Waves of rockets came from hundreds of directions, battering the Akrahd fleet, and damaging it heavily.

The Akrahd fighters swarming the Azdgari and Kayan ships then came up against a force that at its core, was a swarm. Waves of stalker missiles wiped out thousands of fighters, and then the Horosk Interceptors where among the Akrahd fighters, and it was a massacre. The AP Beam Strips never stopped firing, dooming swarms of Akrahd fighters. Before the Akrahd capital ships could fire on them, the Interceptors vanished into stealth, leaving devastation behind.

Horosk Fleet:
500 Main Carriers
1000 Light Carriers
8000 Cruisers
24000 Frigates
75000 Interceptors
10000 Heavy Fighters

--------

Projects
ETA: 1 posts

ETA:4 posts

Other
Colonising Loulak
ETA: 4 posts

--------

OOC:Putting all those ship stats online is much appreciated NDJ. Horosk ship stats have changed slightly, so I'll send you the update in an email.

------------------

OOC- NDJ, your Strand League stats are very off, most of the shields and armour you mentioned being only about 40% of the actual figure. The weapon stats are more accurate, although the Zirada is different considerably (2 F.Q. Duelbeam Systems, 1 Kyhdron Beamer, 1 TT Launcher - 8 AF Rockets), the Zira has 5 fighters rather than 4, and several other minor things. I also have a few other techs which help complement my basic shielding - in recent tests, it has been shown that the Fed Azdara must fire 50% more firepower to destroy a Zirada than the Zirada has in shields and armour. (the techs aren't easy stuff, with layers and the like, so I have to test for each ship to get the exact survivability.)

If you want to be pedantic, it's "Duelbeam", not "Duel Beam", "Railguns" and not "Rail Guns", and those are disc launchers, not "Scarab disc launchers".

Few other things; Azdara is about 90, Azdgari Igazras are 2500, not 5000.

Also, apologies, but the series of major posts are beyond my capability of writing right now. I'm sure you can all understand that I don't want to wait until the weekend to be able to post, so...

Titan
"Update on your progress with the shield capacitors?" he asked crisply without the faintest hint of emotion - not even impatience or boredom.

The Zidagar he was addressing spread his arms and shrugged. "I doubt we'll make as large an increase on the shields of the Zidara and Zira as we wanted to make - as little as that was anyway - but it's moving along. You might want to tell the Ministry that this idea with upgrading various ships or areas of ships at a time is extremely frustrating. We just put onto the field a Zirada with a 15 terawatt increase, and I've just found out how I could have made that at least 30."

"I see. What about the additional shield output for the Zidara destroyer escort and the Zira escort cruiser?" questioned the other man.

"About 10%, really. We'll get the Zira up to the shield output of an Izagra," the scientist grinned.

"Well, you'll be pleased to know the other areas are working well also. We expect to have those ships finished with upgrades within...two or three weeks."

Quo-Rahd
Fifty Teh'Rak ships left hyperspace into the Quo-Rahd system, and quickly regretted it. The entire area was a heavily patrolled area, with a massive amount of ships stationed in the Arkadi system and sent throughout the area. The ships fell in less than a minute at the hands of forces outnumbering them almost a hundred to one, and catching them off guard.

Recognising the movement, the Strand League sent a group of ten fighters into Harad, where the Teh'Rak quickly returned the favour. Four escaped, as they were expecting opposition, and thanks to a combination of various technologies and a very fast hyperspace speed could enter and exit quickly. The other six, however, were destroyed.

Harad
100,000 SL ships, with a set complement of 500 Igazradas and 1500 more from two seperate fleets established almost two months ago, entered Harad, where they had identified a Teh'Rak fleet and colonisation effort. The 62500 Zirada fighters that the ZSN's heavier ships usually carried were already deployed before they had entered the system.

Not caught off guard, the Teh'Rak defending fleet opened up with a wave of ordinance. In a typical yet effective feint, much fire was drawn to the Zirada naval fighters that began with what appeared to be a direct charge at full speed upon the Teh'Rak fleet, 62500 ships against 7500. The Teh'Rak countered by launching missiles at these targets on an individual scale - not as part of any master plan, but no-one, especially not an Akrahd, is capable of completely obeying orders all the time. The missiles fired, tens of thousands at a time, were intercepted from a distance with railguns, their approximate targets already established. As the feinting Ziradas moved round to the sides and then began to move back to the fleet, their front quadrant duelbeam systems made short work of many missiles, and with a hundred thousand railgun pellets, each capable of cleaning up a missile, being launched every second, the Teh'Rak ordinance did not last.

At which point that ordinance was countered by discs - one of the last time these proud weapons would be used, and a frighteningly damaging deployment. Of the 100,000 main ships, 50,000 had disc launchers - IGNA - and each was capable of deploying at least six.

As such, a wave of 50,000 Scarabs were fired, while meaning the deadly battering of particle railguns began to tear apart the Teh'Rak's lighter ranks. The 50,000 Scarabs only hit about 1000 of the heaviest ships, incinerating many. Another three waves, and the Teh'Rak fleet, without a moment to react, was almost crippled.

Meanwhile, ZSN moved around the flanks, with railguns still breaking all ordinance and Ziradas finishing the job up as far as point defence went, preparing to move in for a finishing charge.

OOC Notes - You're down to about 4000-5000 ships now from my initial waves. 4000-5000 missiles at a time will have little effect against the amount of railguns being deployed against you. One railgun can put away a missile, and they make snipers look inaccurate - trust me on this, railguns were built with the Kayan's striker missiles around, so they were built to hit things much more agile than anything you have. As well as that, there are 92500 Ziradas in total (30000 main ones, 62500 naval ones), and it would only be a 7th simultaneous missile that hit them if they were working on point defence entirely with their F.Q. duelbeams.

Also, 10% of all damage is dampened thanks to my energy dampeners, and all of my ships have layers - between 3 and 52. Say, if I have 5 shields left in one layer, and you do 50 damage, only that 5 will be done.

*Technology

Zidara & Zira Upgrades: 4/6
Thoron Siphon: 2/6

3 Aries Colonisation: 3/4

*Naval Stats

ZSN: 218,500
IGNA: 218,500
IXD: 50,000
ZEN: 30,000

------------------
-Lyat Esponer Corsair

(This message has been edited by SilverDragon (edited 06-13-2002).)

(This message has been edited by SilverDragon (edited 06-13-2002).)

(OOC to Ne Demord Jamais : Wow - excellent job with those ship stats. They look almost perfect for Kayan ships as far as I can tell - only one mistake. The shield value for the firefly is 52 rather than 50. (That way shields and armor add up to a nice even 55 total :)) Also, I don't know if you want to include the defense drone as a ship since it can't move and all, but it might be a good idea since they are often seen in battle. (You can probably find defense drone stats wherever you got the rest of my ship stats) Everything else looks good. Again, nice work!)

At the Tribunal of the Arbiters
Thunder looked at the list of Lavrii technologies once again, then at Kai'asi, then at the instructions given to him by the Kayan Senate and Diplomatic Corps. After several thoughtful minutes, he accepted the Kaivrii and spoke.

"After thoroughly reviewing the list you gave me, I must say that much of it is quite impressive. Your interceptor has speed and agility that puts even our Firefly to shame. And you have quite a variety of inventive weaponry as well. Still, to be perfectly honest with you, the Kayans aren't in any need for new weapons because of the weaponry recently made available to us through the Galactic Community. As much as I wish I could do more, at the moment I can't really recommend a technology trade.

What I can recommend, though," Thunder continued, "is that we open greater commerce and merchant trade between our two governments. I have no doubt that we could both benefit from increased trade, and we would be more than willing to open our markets to your commerce. Also, if you ever find yourself under attack by the Akrahd, you have my word that the Kayans will do what we can to assist you."

---

Science Corps headquarters, Barble system
"Running test procedure Alpha-3," a voice blared over the PA system, "All personel not involved in the Tachyon project should leave testing area immediately."

Promptly the test commenced, and buzz filled the corridors, slowly growing to a whirring, then escalating to a screech. Finally all was ready, and the newly constructed tachyonic generator was fully charged. From within the safety of a control room, several scientists punched keys, instructing the generator to set up a bubble around the test room - almost exactly like that which would be set up around an entire system, but on a much reduced scale of size. A blue flash lit up the room, and the walls rippled with waves of tachyonic energy, looking almost fluid. "No matter how many times I see that," one of the scientists said, "I'll never get tired of watching it."

Casually two of the scientists donned their hazard suits and ventured down into the corridor leading into the test area. Several meters outside the door a curved barrier of blue energy blocked their entry. Cautiously, the lead scientist reached his gloved hand forward, first poking at the barrier, which held firm, then placing his whole hand on it, and finally leaning against it with both arms outstretched. "It feels pretty solid," he said. "Let's move on to the projectile tests." While his collegue set up a holo-vid to record his every move for later study, he pulled out a small plastic ball and tossed it against the barrier. The ball hit the barrier and accelerated back off at nearly three times the speed it had hit with. He repeated the test with a slingshot and a rubber ball, only to once again see the ball bounce back at high velocity. Finally he pulled out a turbophase pistol and leveled it at the barrier. "Make sure your blast shield is up," he said to his collegue, who nodded assent. After raising his own blast shield, the scientist fired, and the bolt of phase energy went scorching into the barrier, only to be reflected back off without so much as leaving a dent.

"I'd say this new tachyonic generator is working perfectly," the scientist said. "Let's inform the Prime Minister."

---

New Kayia, Galactica System
"How is the supercruiser coming?" Prime Minister Kyala asked.

"It's progressing nicely," Military Corps Commander Lasin replied, "but we simply don't have the necessary shipyards to build a vessel of that size. Our shipyards are designed to construct Fireflies, Aradas, and Gunships, not supercruisers. We can construct the smaller components just fine, but when it comes to assembling the hull, we'll need to have access to a much larger shipyard facility than any of the ones we have now."

"I may be able to help you out with that," Kyala said. "I've just recieved word that construction of the sixth tachyonic generator is complete, which means we have enough personel and resources free that we can work to expand one of our shipyards to the size you need. I think the shipyard in Kayla, the system home to the Engineering Corps, would be a good choice."

"Indeed it would make a good choice. Any estimate of how long it will take?"

"It should not take too long," Kyala assured Lasin. "If you continue to construct the smaller components of the ship for now, such as shield generators, energy conduits, and perhaps the hyperspace core, we should have it finished in plenty of time to begin construction of the ship's outer hull."

---

Var'Neth system

Now that reinforcements from the Azdgari and Horosk had arrived, Commander Bikara ordered the Kayan contingient to hold their position within the remaining defense drones and support the Horosk and Azdgari with long-range Stalker and SAI salvoes. Not all ships remained on the defensive, though, as several squadrons of Laziras ventured out from the cover of the defense drones, conducting bombing runs with Enhanced Defense Pods.

---

Kayan Construction Update:
Expand Shipyard in Kayla to make room for supercruiser construction - 3 posts, 3 remaining
Build a sixth tachyonic generator - COMPLETE (took 9 posts)
Build the one and only Kayan supercruiser - 18 posts, 16 remaining

Colonization:
Scientific base / colony in Honoan - 5 posts, 4 remaining

------------------