Wave of Destruction - Ch. 11-15

OOC:
not to say Carno is wrong, but this is turning more into an interactive novel than a webstory.
No worries, for I have the control to alter Carno's plans, without any revoking. Why do you think I control the Shamtul? They are the only race in the milky way that can even compare to the Acarra. Even so, Me and carno are both somewhat unrestricted, and just wait until my wrath begins. jk.
--------------------
The shamtul in captivity pause for a moment. "Tell us where we can build some bases. We prefer the north-east of your known space."

On outpost Laak, Crewers are suddenly begin coming down with extremely bad aches and pains, with the occasional vomit of blood.
(Time of life is different, according to time infected. Carno, IM me.)
---------------------------
In Muid, the base Evacs while the Acarra are held off, and several warships with low shields simply overload their energy grids and charge into the Acarra lines, detonating violently, while the rest of the fleet jumps out. (190 ships)
----
In Dirach, the Cataclysm is doing massive damage, but taking a beating as its own shields are slowly depleted. Suddenly, the fleet from Muid jumps in, giving the Azdgari nearly a 2:1 ratio over the Acarra, including the supercruiser.

----
Message to: Coalition
how about no? You're not getting shield tech. We can give you our warship designs... they are stronger and somewhat faster to build than yours. We can also give you the Draiek modules instead, they are heavily upgraded...
End

------------------
"And as the Darkness descends, do you follow the light, or embrace the darkness?"
~Diane Kinsman
(little known philosopher, early 21st century)

(This message has been edited by -REDCHIGH- (edited 04-27-2002).)

Nemnel

Mamajama consults the map to find uninhabited planets for the Shamtul in NE space.
"Well, there's Grivok...I think it has a pair of moons. and, uh..Minor, Ragit, Sumo...all in Zidagar space, but I bet ESPilot would be happy to have you at his back between him and the Acarra. In fact, if you Shamtul are spoiling for a fight with the Acarra right now, the rumor is that they are attacking Yerdor. I'll message ESPilot later.....What's this? My beloved Poch is shown as only a Miranu Alliance planet? We may be Miranu by race (mostly), but we are an Independent Mercenary Council Planet! Mapmakers these days..."

Dark Angel Research lab, Tollb

Farren stepped out of the shuttle into the hangar bay on Tolb. She stretched her cramped limbs and breathed in the cold, metallic air. It had been a long trip with no stopovers from Earth to here. All she knew was that UE Admiral was paying a cool 2 million creds for a "genuine psychic" to help out with the war against the Acarra, who were beginning to be a household world on Earth. Cults had sprung up overnight...doomsday cults, people who wanted to propitiate the Acarra, who saw them as devils or angels, saviors or misunderstood heroes. It was going to be a relief to deal with the reality instead of the fantasy...Although, if rumors were to be believed, the Acarra might pay a call on Earth all too soon.

That must be the researchers coming toward her now. Average height, all in lab uniforms, nothing to distinguish them, unless...she let her "sight" shift into what she privately termed "low gear". With her eyes unfocused, she examined the auras of the people coming towards her. One flared suddenly with a bright cyan blue. What the hell? She'd never seen that before. Power lurking there, for sure. Then there were several with the typical cloudy, unfocused auras of people who did not use all of their mental capacity, especially nothing outside of the five primary senses.

The one with the spiky cyan aura hurried up to her and shook her hand.
"Hi, I'm Saraine. Welcome to the Angel's Lair. This is Lark, Mamajama's head scientist in charge of making the Singularity Beam work to jam the psi wavelengths of the Acarra weapons. ESPilot had to rush off to the battle; hopefully, he'll be able to return soon."

He will; don't worry , she sent to Mr. Cyan/Saraine, and noted with approval his start, and eyes widening as he met hers.
"How did you do that? and how do you know ESPilot's coming back?", Saraine questioned aloud, getting some funny looks from the others..
You'll learn how to do the first - it's a skill. And the second...is a gift - or a curse.

USHOV refitting complete - ESPilot, I'll email you to talk strategy for using them.

------------------
My karma ran over your dogma. - bumper sticker

(This message has been edited by mamajama (edited 04-28-2002).)

OOC: Carno, the defense fleets and regular patrols from five other systems are all in Yerdor, which would total some 250+ warships. And don't give me crap about Acarra maneuverability. Zidigar capital ships have the best maneuverability and by far the best firepower in comparison to that maneuverability.

Espilot quickly opened up a comm channel to the Ornlu , which was taking heavy fire from Acarra ships. "Kalej, recall all ships to Zidagar. Get them repaired as fast as possible." "But, sir—" "Do it, Kalej. Now." "Yes sir."

Before the Zidagar ships entered hyperspace, a Zidara launched a Ciat missile at one of the Wolf Starcruisers. By some unusual defect, the missile, instead of exiting hyperspace in front of the ship, exited inside the ship. He appeared to have detonated in an engine section; a large explosion came from the back of the ship. Kalej would have to remember this. The Zidigar ships quickly entered hyperspace. But the Acarra, so focused on their massive attack, hadn't prepared a squadron of fighters for energy lattices. Even so, there wouldn't have been enough for the amount of Zidigar ships. They reappeared in Zidagar, and were being repaired both on Tumni and in a large amount of Hyperspace Carriers. Fleets from all over Zidagar space were being gathered in one system. However, Espilot himself was on his way back to Gadzair.

The Wraith Shadow entered the bay on Tollb. Instantly, he felt two psionic presences; Saraine, and a human. Silently exiting his Arada, Espilot walked towards a group of people; several researchers and the human. "This is the one?" Espilot said to Saraine, and most of the researchers jumped at the noise. Saraine nodded silently. As Farren studied Espilot, she could see a thin, but deep blue aura around Espilot. He looked at Farren and said Greetings, terran. You know who I am, I presume, so no chit-chat. I'd like to get down to business.

Kalej called Kennel. "Kennel, you know how Ciat missiles go into hyperspace and exit right in front of a ship?" "Yes sir." "In Yerdor, somehow a Ciat missile accidentally exited hyperspace inside an enemy ship. One of the ship's engines was nearly decimated. I was thinking, if we had a Ciat's hyperdrive on an anti-matter missile..." "I see where you're going, Admiral. It won't be too hard, since we already have both missile hyperdrives and anti-matter missiles. And the slug claws are now sufficiently large for whatever purposes necessary." "Good. Dismissed." Kalej had an idea...it involved three things; hyperdrives, mechs, and Shamtul claws.

<Message to Admiral Benden>
<From Zidagar Vice Admiral Kalej>

Greetings, Benden. Our two peoples have had trade relations for as long as even Admiral Espilot can remember. But the arrival of these new Acarra calls for a military alliance; I am willing to exchange techs with the Miranu. All I ask for is a sample of your mechs, and in return we will give you the schematics for our Mahout systems. Do we have an agreement?
Kalej Out

<Message end>
----
Anti-matter Missile Hyperdrives-3 Posts
Energy-Absorbant Material-1 Post

------------------
—The Cattleprod Duelist
_Go spread the word, from town to town
We are the human race, and we groove to the sound_—Sir Psycho | Ah'd trade mah wife before Ah'd trade mah GIT-tahr... —SoySauce | Fear the muggly-mooglyness of my muggly-moogly muggle-moogle!

Paul recieved a message from the Zidagar, and quickly sent a reply(encrpyted, of course):

"Yes, a trade would be possible. But, please, explain more about these "Mahuot Systems". What are they? What do they do?"

Contracts had been sold to several companies, and the MVAG's and Mechs were now being produced faster than before. There were now going to be great numbers of these, as well as a large boost in the economy and less of a strain on the government shipyards. The fleets were playing wargames, preparing for the next Accara attack.

With less of a workload on the governmental shipyards, work was beginning on a second BattleCarrier. Instead of the usual loadout, it would carry 20 MVAG's and 30 HV Fighters.
-------------------------------------
Miranu Trading Alliance Tech
Proton/Anti-Photon Turret
ETC:3 Posts
Aurgelmir Production
ETC:13 Posts
Harmzuay Production
ETC:14 Posts
Non-Government Building:
Mech Mass Production
Total:50
Per Turn:50
Upgraded:50
MVAG Mass Production
Total:2
Per Turn:4

------------------
"Take me to your dealer"-Bumper sticker
"This yacht is the luxury vessel for the pimp on a budget..."-Considered Plug-in Text
"Doritos:The official currency of fat people."-My friend

OOC: Carno, the psychic is in Emalghion by now.
---------
(message to Azdgari)
(milkyA)
if you can give us shield tech that is reasonably better than Coalition ones that will be acceped but we need better shields and regen. remenber that i can not attack you due to our treaty, you need not worry about that. and since this is milkyA transmition noone else can read this so i can safely tell you that noone will know about our little swap exept those that have engaged Coalition ships befor and again after this trade. we have no need for Dreaik moduals or whatever you call them as we have something just as good if not better. your ship desins will be even worse than giving other tech as ships have the tech in them and i can simply get what i need.
~UEA
(end)

"general, send a small fleet of warcruisers to Dirach to help the Azdgari."
"yes,sir. the warcruisers are on their way."
-------------
(message to Miranu)
(milkyM)
if I use this code noone can read the messages we send you.
send me milkyV code so noone can read the messages you send me.
this way noone can know about the techs we trade.
feel free to send the Mech and MVAG designs on milkyV coding.
replicaters are enclosed.
~UEA
(end)

"build mechs as soon as we have the designs General."
-----------------
Coalition of Worlds
R&D;

Construction:

Stratta Class Battleship:
Total: 2 ETC: 2 posts

Dreadnought:
Total: 11 ETC: 2 posts

Warcruiser:
Total: 160 ETC: 10 per post.

Shark:
Total: 300 ETC: 30 per post.

Gunship:
Total: 150 ETC: 50 per post.

Fighter:
Total: 140 ETC: 50 per post.

Research:

Durasteel: 30% stronger than Dospoct but no whieght difference.
ETC: 10 posts.

OOC: this is only for this post so dont jump on me about it.

------------------
Insanity has its advantages

OOC: I would post a reply to the battle in Dirach, but at the moment I'm waiting to ask Red on something about that.

Also, ESPilot; your ships may be able to outrun Wolves, Centaurs, and Command Ships, but you can't outrun Enforcer Frigates, Wraiths, or Shrikes, and theres a lot of them, believe me. Also, don't forget afterburners. Oh yes, and I'm so scared of 250 ships, when I have at least 290 ships of my own, if not more. 😛 However, I must thank you for retreating to Zidagar, though I can't say why yet.

--------------------------

Yerdor System

The huge Acarra fleet quickly settled in for a defensive battle, though Vaergon had to leave. Now Lhevak had only 200 ships left, but he suddenly got a message stating that another 200 ships were on the way, along with a special surprise.

As the reinforcement group slipstreamed into the system, Third General Lhevak grinned wickedly at what he saw. Yes, there was 200 ships lead by the Command Ship Triton , but the Acarra fleet was leading a Gyn'thar fleet of another 250 warships.

For decades, the Acarra had partially mind-controlled the Gyn'thar, just as they had done to the Gadzair. This had kept the Gyn'thar from damaging the Acarra fleet very much, and instead consontrated mostly against the Dark, which in turn kep them from attacking the Acarra as well. Now, finally, a group of three highly-trained Acarra praetors had been able to mind-control almost all of the Gyn'thar Navy. The only ships that were not under there control were under seige in the Gyn'Thor system.

Now, with 650 warships at his disposal, Lhevak laughed wildy to himself. "Today, we shall have a feast! Slaughter some gravkoks*, and even a few of the slaves for dinner! We shall celebrate this momentous occassion, when will we crush the Zidagar!! Raaaa!!!"

• = A gravkok is a kind of wild animal the Acarra keep for food

Garren System

As Vaergon returned with his fleet to Garren, he found a welcome surprise. Two hundred or more ships were waiting for him, their sleek hulls new and ready for battle. Now his fleet was 300 ships strong, and ready to invade his next target; Mirava.

However, Vaergon was a little over-optimistic. He still needed many more ships if he was really to succeed, and so would have to wait until more ships were sent from Ancara...

Huron System

Thrade was continuing to build up his own fleet. He had 350 vessels so far and continued to push his slaves to the max to hurry up and construct more vessels for the next upcoming push into Coalition space. Soon, they would be defeated, and shortly thereafter all the rest of the Milky Way would also fall into his hands...

Acarra R &D;

StarFlare Missiles - 1 Post

Paladin Battlefrigate - 4 Posts

Psi Disruptor PDS - 4 Posts

------------------
If at first you don't succeed...Hit it harder! - Me
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

Message to: Coalition
No, you misunderstood. When I said warship designs, I meant without the weapons systems. Also, The Draiek modules are continuosly being upgraded, so don't underestimate them. I suppose we could supply you with some Igadzra shielding techniques.slow regen, but it will improve your total shielding. Deal? Shields for replicator designs AND the science behind it?
Please note this isn't an alliance, just a way to survive.
End

Redchigh finds his chief technician "We need some advantage in battle... Something for raiding possibly."
"You're right. Our Draiek modules are good but don't do the damage we need..."
"Hmmm what can we do about that?"
"Duh, upgrade the damage?Anti-matter perhaps?"
"No... can we just compact the warheads?"
"Possibly.."
"Get on it"
"Yessir."
"Oh, by the way, we'll need another supercruiser."
"Ok.. we're on it."
Research Initiated
Massive Draiek Module Upgrade-
Increases Weight by 3x
Increases total damage by nearly 10x
Decreases weight of launcher by half. (don't ask.)
ETC: 10 posts
**Construction project Initiated- " Angel's Wrath "
ETC: 20 posts (less shipyards.. Replicator will help.)
-----------

The Shamtul in make a remark... "We don't need planets, just tell us. Is it ok if we build mothers in systems of govts? not homeworlds, still. Mothers are basically large food production and growth facilities. Minimal armament, and if anything, they'll defend against the Acarra..."

------------------
"And as the Darkness descends, do you follow the light, or embrace the darkness?"
~Diane Kinsman

Originally posted by -REDCHIGH-:

The Shamtul in make a remark... "We don't need planets, just tell us. Is it ok if we build mothers in systems of govts? not homeworlds, still. Mothers are basically large food production and growth facilities. Minimal armament, and if anything, they'll defend against the Acarra..."

Mamajama looked at the message keyed in by the shuttle-sized slug with the huge teeth, claws, and gleaming black eyes, and wondered what the heck it had just said.

She keyed in: YOU WANT TO BUILD "MOTHERS" WHICH MAKE FOOD FOR YOU, IN SYSTEMS OF GOVERNMENTS? DO YOU MEAN IN A SYSTEM WHICH IS NOT INHABITED, BUT IS UNDER A GOVERNMENT? IF SO, SHOULD BE OK. IF YOU'RE MAKING YOUR OWN FOOD, THEN YOU DON'T NEED TO EAT OUR BRAINS, YES? SO IT'S ALL GOOD.

Then she remembered something she had forgotten. The Azdgari! We didn't ask them about an alliance with the Shamtul against the Acarra! Oh no! Some of those northeast galactic systems are in Azdgari space!

She left the Shamtul clicking and pondering away, and ran to another message terminal.

<TRANSMISSION
<TO: REDCHIGH, ADZGARI
<FR: MAMAJAMA, NEMNEL
<RE: ALLIANCE WITH SHAMTUL (SLUG CREATURES)
< ENCRYPTION: MILKYWAY GAMMA

Admiral, most other major governments have agreed to an experimental alliance with the slug creatures, who call themselves the Shamtul. We have learned to communicate with them, and they say that they will fight the Acarra with us. The Acarra are old enemies of theirs, as well. I forgot to include you in that message to the governments. The Shamtul wish to build bases in Zidagar and Adzgari space, possibly Miranu space in the NE galactic quadrant. They say they will not build in homeworld systems. They wish also to make what I think are giant food and production facilities, which they call "mothers". They also want freedom to move and to breed, and have sworn not to attack allied governments, and to fight the Acarra, at which they kick ass. Do you wish to make this alliance?

Mamajama

PS. With everything else that has gone on, I forgot to tell you that the Poch Council, bless their peapicking hides, has approved a trade agreement with you. The drought on Poch is over, but humanitarian aid would still be welcomed. Perhaps more urgently, we need to upgrade our fleet with systems that will target incoming missiles from the Acarra. What kind of point missile defense do you have that you would be willing to share?

In exchange, we can offer the slug claw material, and whatever our psychic friends are cooking up in Tolb against the Acarran psionic weapons.

------------------

"Sir the Azdgari are rather protective of their edge of sheild tech, maybe if we ask for slightly older designs."
"good idea even that would be a big improvment over our present ones."

(message to Azdgari)
(milkyA)
ok how about that and the regen. tech of the old Azdara.
Deal?(it shouldn't be that harmfull as you have better of both now anyway)
~UEA
(end)

(message to Miranu)
(milkyM)
could i please have a small sample of antimatter? i will use it to give spurs greatly needed extra damage.
~UEA
(end)
-----------------
Coalition of Worlds
R&D;

Durasteel: 30% stronger than Dospoct but no whieght difference.
ETC: 9 posts.

OOC: i read WoD 1 today. i loved it! Carno, what an ending. it was awsome!
gee maybe the DA shouldn't use those crystals....shade do read the finale of WoD I.

------------------

Paul quickly sent off the designs to the MVAG's and those to the Mechs to UEA, though he did not send the instructions for attaching claws. One replicator was quickly built in a science lab. It was a big one, large enough to replicate Heavy Fighters. This was used to make many more replicators, just smaller copies of itself. These were then used to cut down the ship production time one many of the ships, and many were licensed out to companies that were making products for the government. Materials that were hard to come by had their molecular structures programmed into the replicators, and these were used to help the research on the Proton/Anit-Photon Turrets.

While he was in coldsleep, Paul had been receiving a small paycheck that had gone into his account, and that had subsequently gained interest over the years. He used this money to help with all the work that was being done to help save the galaxy from these murderous inturders. His spy in the Poch Mercenaries had decided that since Bomphur already know of her, she could just work directly with them. He was getting direct updates on the project every day. Paul sent a message to mamajama.

"Tell the slugs they are welcome in our space. As long as they do not harm anything except the Accara and non-sapient life-forms, the can co-exist in our space."

Work with the resistance networks was progressing. Most citizens had been trained in the use of weapons, and several in the use of Mechs. This may be pointless if they had slave devices installed, but they had also been shown hidden cave systems and small, secret ground bases had been established on every planet. These contained a couple of fighters and a lot of hand weapons, and mostly just had some automated defenses. All were underground. Citizens were instructed to hide out there in the event of an Accaran attack. Defense fleets had been ordered to put up a token resistance and load up civilians in their cargo bays then retreat.
----------------------------------
Proton/Anti-Photon Turret
ETC:1 Posts
Aurgelmir Production
Harmzuay Production
ETC:4 Posts
Non-Government Building:
Mech Mass Production
Total:100
Per Turn:75
MVAG Mass Production
Total:6
Per Turn:8

------------------
"This yacht is the luxury vessel for the pimp on a budget..."-Considered Plug-in Text

(message to Miranu)
(milkyM)
i ask again, may we have a sample of antimatter?
~UEA
(end)

"sir the mechs are roling off the production line."
"good, keep them coming. have the Azdgari replied yet?"
"no sir"
"i hope they hurry."
-----------------
Coalition of Worlds
R&D;

Durasteel:
ETC: 9 posts

Mech Construction:
Total: 75 ETC: 75 per post

Station Upgrade: an upgrade for all stations that gives them more defences.
Sheild: 20,000
Armor: 30,000
Turn: 8
Weapons:
50 ionic beam turrets
20 Torp. tubes and 10000 photon torps.
Warcruiser bay and 20 Warcruisers.
Self Destruct
ETC: 25 posts

------------------

Raven guestured for the research team, ESPilot, Saraine and Farren to take seats in her spacious office.
"This turned up on Gadzair several days ago." She told the assembled group, dropping the Gadzair psi rifle onto her desk. "As did these." A wave of her hands made the wall behind her go transparent, revealing row upon row of Gadzair crystals. "As yet we don't know what to do with them, or how they work now that you're here, Farren, could you take a look at them?"
Farren nodded, and picked up the psi rifle. To her psychic view it glowed a bright white, three nodes near the back feeding into the long, angular barrel.
"I think I could work it "
Focusing, Farren activated the rifle. The three node crystals began to glow in swirling patterns, while at the base of the barrel the light grew to a blinding white. She had to close her eyes to shield against the glare; suddenly, there was a high-pitched whine and the rifle discharged, burning a long dark streak in the wall. "Oops."
Farren opened her eyes to see the scientists staring shocked at the burn; Saraine was blinking in the afterimages.
"Thank you very much for wrecking my décor." Raven said sarcastically. "Question is, now we know how to work it, can we reproduce it's effects?"

---
ETA until Artemis Dreadnaught design complete: 4 posts
ETA until Angelfire Point-Defence System complete: 1 post

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/shades_shipyard")Shade's Shipyard(/url), the source for your ship needs.
|(url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum6/HTML/002256.html") EV Webstory(/url) (url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum6/HTML/002257.html") EV Webstory Discussion(/url) |(url="http://"http://www.freewebz.com/nick014/Shiplist.html") EV Webstory - New Ships(/url)

OOC: I just emailed UEA to inform him that the psychic is in Tolb, NOT Emalghion; He informed ME that Carno had requested that the Earth psychic go to Emalghion, and I missed that post. I'm not willing to edit all we've done, so assume that there are TWO psychics headed out from Earth in separate ships, and Carno can do what he wants with the Emalghion one.

Farren sighed. "Normally, training with a crystal would take months, if not years; but I understand that you two have been training with psikinetics for a few months, correct?" She waited for their assent. "And I understand that you need psychic defense against the Acarra, and you need it yesterday. So we'll undertake a basic how to use it course, without all the theory. You'll undoubtedly get plenty of practice. Before we work with the rifle, which will let us know what frequencies the Acarra normally use, let's get comfortable with our own crystal-focused energies."

"Choose a crystal. Do it with your eyes closed. Move your hands over the rows of crystals until one feels "warm" and right to you. I will choose one, too."
When this was done, Espilot and Saraine held crystals.
"Keep your eyes closed, ocular vision is distracting at this point. Now "see" your crystal in your hand. Go deep into it. Notice the regularity, the endless repeating of pattern, the incredibly complex relationship of the interior and exterior facets. Explore its passages."
She waited a few minutes. To her ocular and psychic vision, the crystals held by the two males were glowing, a glow that was incandescing rapidly.

"Now, focus your own mental energy, the force of your own unique spirit, and see how that energy makes the crystal come alive. "

Raven was shielding her eys from the intolerably bright glows in cyan, ultraviolet, and pure green, emanating from the crystals held by the three.

"Raven, is there something we can heat without damaging your office further?" Raven, without a word, brought a large metal pot of congealed Zidagar cheese balls. It had been "left over" from a community meal the night before, and not brought back to the kitchen.

"Now, focus your mental energies. See the cheese balls getting hot. See them boiling. See them crisping and turning black."

---
Learning control of crystals and Acarra psi rifle: 1 post
ESPilot - let Red know what systems he can have the slugs take over in Zid space. I assume that he'll choose his own systems in Adzgari space. Benden, same thing - what systems will you allow the slugs to breeed in?

------------------

OOC: Carnotaurhq is down again, apparently. I'll have to do that later.

Kalej sifted through various reports and messages. The material needed for Anti-matter Reactors was finished, and the basic design was being worked on. Benden was wondering what Mahout Systems were...that could be dealt with right now. He sent an encrypted message symply saying "The Mahout Systems are basically multiple generators, each providing for a seperate function on a ship, making it perform better. Now, we'd like Mech schematics."

Espilot closed his eyes and concentrated. Instead of first seeing them hot, he started out imagining them going black and charring, even smoking. They began to steam, and were becoming very crispy, and going black. As they began to smoke, Espilot lost concentration. Squinting, he pulled his hand up behind his head. "This stuff hurts. But, no pain no gain, I guess."
----
Anti-matter Missile Hyperdrives-2 Posts
Energy-absorbant Material-Complete
Anti-Matter Reactor-4 Posts

------------------
—The Cattleprod Duelist
_Go spread the word, from town to town
We are the human race, and we groove to the sound_—Sir Psycho | Ah'd trade mah wife before Ah'd trade mah GIT-tahr... —SoySauce | Fear the muggly-mooglyness of my muggly-moogly muggle-moogle!

OOC: Gah. Red, I've been trying to contact you to clear this, but since I'm sort of running out of time I'll just post this, and if you don't like it, just tell me and I'll fix it.

------------------

Dirach System

The Acarra were heavily outnumbered now, but that wasn't too much of a handicap for them, for suddenly the fleet that was previously attacking Muid, jumped into the system. The Acarra had 340 warships, not to mention the two giant Command Ships, which could take on the Cataclysm and win without the help of the other supercruiser.

As 20 more reinforcement ships arrived (many ships from the border with the dark are moving away slowly, so expect small reinforcement groups like this), the Acarra were now pretty much even number-wise with the Azdgari, which now gave them the advantage.

However, in the very midst of the battle was none other than Vacar himself, in the command of his personal Wolf Starcruiser, the Vengeance. Realizing that the battle was turning into nothing more than a waste of ships, Vacar began to merge with the universe and with the minds of most of the Acarra in the system. Together they combined their powers into one great energy, and finally, they released it.

The center of the system glowed green for a moment, then flashed bright green as a shockwave of psi energy shot out. The shockwave was so powerful, in fact, that it litterally smashed the Azdgari fleet back through hyperspace (the Acarra essentially use psionic energy to use slipstream, so that's totally plausible), and knocking the Acarra back to the other end of the system.

Collapsing back into his chair from exhaustion, Vacar grinned. "That's the first time I've done that before..."

Kelmoan System

In the battle of Kelmoan, Tronos' fleet finally arrives. Deploying his own swarms of fighters, the Confeds are now suffering heavy fighter casualties, and many carriers are horrendously damaged.

The Acarra march on towards the enemy fleet, plowing and blasting their way through any enemy fighter wing. Shrikes and Wraiths fly about, pounding the enemy with their weapons. The battle is now in the Acarra's favor.

------------------

Emalghion System

The Coalition ship (i'll assume its a warcruiser) with the human psychic onboard jumped into the Emalghion system. Using his telepathic powers as best he could, the psychic then pointed to a heavily Crescent Warship. The things were old and ancient, but apparently someone had kept one all this time. "Someone onboard that ship... He has telepathic powers, and he's not human!" the psychic excitedly said.

Suddenly, without warning an Acarra warfleet hyperspaces into the system. Several Wolf Starcruisers and Frigates immediately charge the CW and the Coalition Warcruiser, opening fire in a devastating barrage which includes the new and more powerful Vacar Lances.

The CW is quickly disabled and boarded, and the warcruiser doesn't stand up much longer before it too is boarded. Dozens of Acarra warriors storm the ship, their weapons killing everyone in their path.

Bursting into the bridge, the Acarra shoot and kill the bridge crew, though they spare one person; the psychic. Rushing forward, they stun and carry him off, leading the bloody bodies of the bridge crew behind.

Going back to their ships, the Acarra Starcruisers immediately hyperspace out back for Kelmoan, and after they enter that system; Ancara, the Acarra homeworld and capitol. The fleet also hyperspaces out and back to Kelmoan. The raid took only a few minutes.

OOC: More stuff to come about the human psychic later. And, actually, you might as well call him a telepath.

The StarFlare Missile

The latest in munitional weapons, the StarFlare Missile was now finally completed, and the Acarra wasted no time in fitting some of the missiles on their frigates, carriers, and command ships. However, there were only limited amounts of these weapons on those ships. The two main ships that are supposed to use them are the Paladin Battlefrigate and the Acarra Missile Frigate (which has yet to be researched). Homing incredibly well, fast, powerful, and having a limited warp disruptor effect, the StarFlare Missile is a thing to be feared by all.

Acarra R &D;

StarFlare Missiles - Completed

Paladin Battlefrigate - 3 Posts

Psi Disruptor PDS - 3 Posts

------------------
--------------
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

(This message has been edited by Captain Carnotaur (edited 04-29-2002).)

Paul read the brusque message from ESPilot. He sent the plans for the unupgraded Mechs, and soon recieved the plans for the Mahout system. These were quickly incorporated into the BattleCarrier design. The systems in the MVAG were to cramped to use them, and the other ships were just to numerous to incorporate the upgrade without removing a significant amount of ships from the front lines. Paul sent a message to mamajama saying that the Shamtul were welcome in any system as long as they didn't harm any Miranu.

The Proton/Anti-Photon Turret had been finished, and Paul was there to watch the testing as with every other Miranu tech. A turret stood approximately ten meters away from him, and it was rotating to aquire its target. The target was a half meter thick titanium plate, with a small shield generator behind it. As Paul watched, two beams of an oddly glowing darkness shot out from the turret. It hit the shield, and then proceeded to eat into the titanium. Reports showed a ten percent drop in the shields, and a twenty percent drop in the armour. As expected, the Anti-Photon sheath had allowed the charged protons within to pierce a small whole in the shield and get some damage through. This effect would only work with photon shields, which were quickly become useless. The current ship designing fad was oscilating ionic barrier shields.

Paul read over several more tech proposals, seeing some that caught his eye. One was a replicator that could replicate whole capitol ships. Another was one for planetary shields, and some weapons to help augment them. Yet a third was for better shielding on ships. The first sounded the most pressing. Work was began on ten Replicators that could produce anything smaller than a Dragon. These were expected to be ready soon. Many citizens were joining the fighting corps, and being trained in the use of Mechs and the operation of ships. A message was sent to UEA containing the message that there was anti-matter, not photons as the name would suggest, in the torpedoes. A request was given to not trade away techs that the miranu had helped develop.
-------------------------------------------
Capitol Ship Replicators
ETC:5 Posts
Aurgelmir Production
ETC:2 Posts
Harmzuay Production
Non-Government Building:
Mech Mass Production
Total:175
Per Turn:75
MVAG Mass Production
Total:14
Per Turn:8
----------------------------------
BattleCarrier
Shields: 12000
Armour:3000
Shield Regen: 12 points/sec
Accel:150
Speed:100
Turn:1
Weaps:
15 Proton/Anti-Photon Turrets
4 Photon Torpedo Launchers+ 800 Ammo(Better antimatter shielding)
1 Bay+60 Interceptors, 60 HV Fighters, 4 CW's/20 MVAG's, 30 HV Fighters
2 Disruptor Cannons
*Bold ratings are ones affected by the Mahout System Integration. For old ship stats, see page three.

------------------

Message to: UE Admiral
We will give you some old shield tech, from old-class Igadzras. Not a great recharge, but still better than your current shielding. We expect the Replicators soon.
End

Message to: Mamajama
Yes we'll give the shamtul clearence.
End
-------------------
As soon as the shamtul get into space, they split up, and along with a suprising fleet of about a hundred small worms, they split up into their own destinations.
Qerid, Pozdag, Eiribi, Raigar, Twyus, Mecha, DSN-682, Marafey, Kalnnas, Grivok, Vethair, DSN-2322, DSN-8789, ferraut, mehpit, calb, Astin, Sumer, Riomor, amd pariah, akang, and Ragiar
Without comment, without warning, groups shamtul worms jump in, some with escort. A Few worms actually merge together, and make a cocoon, while the others create cocoons small distances away. The escort, if any, just drifts menacingly, but not attacking, as the mothers begin to grow...

Supercruiser: ETA- 19 posts
Module Upgrade- ETA: 9 posts

------------------
~Diane Kinsman

"sir the Azdgari have sent us shield tech of old Igazras and old Azdaras."
"good send them the replicater designs."

(message to Azdgari)
(milkyA)
here are the designs.
~UEA
(end)

"order that all new ships be fited with the new shields."
"yes sir."
"also get some antimatter fed into a replicater. it'll come in usefull.
and get to work on building some huge replicaters. big enough to make a pair of Battleships."
"sir...."
"yep thats right."
-----------------
Coalition of Worlds
R&D;

Durasteel:
ETC: 8 posts

Mech Construction:
Total: 150 ETC: 75 per post

Station Upgrade: an upgrade for all stations that gives them more defences.
ETC: 24 posts

------------------

Ragiar System

The Acarra, upon seeing the Shamtul, quickly send out their formidable defense fleet, which quickly destroys the Shamtul ships and cocoon.

-----------

Raigar System

Acarra scouts, upon hearing of the Shamtul arriving in the system, send out a fleet of warships, which slipstreams in and quickly deals with the enemy shamtul slugs. The cocoon is destroyed, and the fleet returns.

-----------

Qerid System

The slugs, as usual, are delt with.

-----------

DSN-2322 System

As it was in Raigar, the Acarra send out portions of their defense fleet, which attack and destroy the Shamtul. "Good greif..." one zealot warrior grumbles, "These slugs are everywhere."

-----------

DSN-8798 System

The Shamtul are in this battle taken off guard by the silent approach of the Acarra, and are delt with, as they are in the other battles. The Shamtul failed to send enough ships, and they also made the mistake of always sending their ships to close to well-defended Acarra systems.

-----------

Pariah System

This time, a reinforcement group attacks the Shamtul, easily dealing away with them before heading on to Huron.

-----------

March of the Wolves

While the governments of the Milky Way prepared for the worst, the Acarra continued to build up their huge warfleets. Hundreds upon hundreds of vessels, all slowly streaming towards their respective fleets. There was no stopping them, or was there?

Acarra R &D;

Paladin Battlefrigate - 2 Posts

Psi Disruptor PDS - 2 Posts

------------------
--------------

Originally posted by Captain Carnotaur:
**Ragiar System

The Acarra, upon seeing the Shamtul, quickly send out their formidable defense fleet, which quickly destroys the Shamtul ships and cocoon.

-----------

Raigar System

Acarra scouts, upon hearing of the Shamtul arriving in the system, send out a fleet of warships, which slipstreams in and quickly deals with the enemy shamtul slugs. The cocoon is destroyed, and the fleet returns.

-----------

Qerid System

The slugs, as usual, are delt with.

-----------

DSN-2322 System

As it was in Raigar, the Acarra send out portions of their defense fleet, which attack and destroy the Shamtul. "Good greif..." one zealot warrior grumbles, "These slugs are everywhere."

-----------

DSN-8798 System

The Shamtul are in this battle taken off guard by the silent approach of the Acarra, and are delt with, as they are in the other battles. The Shamtul failed to send enough ships, and they also made the mistake of always sending their ships to close to well-defended Acarra systems.

-----------

Pariah System

This time, a reinforcement group attacks the Shamtul, easily dealing away with them before heading on to Huron.

-----------
. There was no stopping them, or was there?

I would say pretty clearly, no chance. I counted 5, count em 5, one post battles in your last post, Mr. Moderator. If any player did that, they would be severely scolded. Why are you an exception?

------------------