Wave of Destruction - Ch. 11-15

OOC: UEA, it just doesn't....look right, for your characters to be discussing when something gets done with number of posts....it just...doesn't. But you don't have to listen to me.

------------------
—The Cattleprod Duelist
_Go spread the word, from town to town
We are the human race, and we groove to the sound_—Sir Psycho
YOU NO LIKE DA ESP? DA ESP NO LIKE YOU!

Originally posted by ESPilot:
**OOC: UEA, it just doesn't....look right, for your characters to be discussing when something gets done with number of posts....it just...doesn't. But you don't have to listen to me.

What I do is put it in brakets, like this:
"It will arrive in (2 posts)."
----------
(message to Coalition)
(milky way code)
"Hmm, I'll tell them the message."
(end)
Grundy sighed as he sent the message. He wasn't sure if he actually should tell them... he probobly should, but if they were evil... what would happen. Would the aliens attack the Coalition and the Confederation? Only time would let him see.
----------
Ions collected=6.75
Ion engine=2 posts
Ion enforcer=17 posts

------------------
"Oops, I think I killed it..."-Me
------------------
Come visit (url="http://"http://nova6.pautsch.com/forum/intro.lasso")Nova6s Webboards(/url).

(This message has been edited by grunadulater (edited 04-21-2002).)

"Well, Esp, sounds like a good idea, but now that I look back, the Supercruiser will be done in just over a month, it would be more risk than is needed to ask your help in building it. We'll let you help if we build another one. How about, you help us upgrade out primary, and we'll give you 5 predator hulls. I don't know if you want the computer and shield matrices or not..."

----------------------
Draiek Module Upgrade- Completed, Outfitting has begun.

Cataclysm- Supercruiser- ETC: 4 posts

------------------
"I dont follow the crowd.. I stand and make fun of all the people walking in a straight line." ~A. Rickman
"....This is only what I think. We can't in a million years guess what goes on in the snarling, churning bowels of Red's head."
~ESPilot

"That would be fine, but it doesn't matter that much to me.. You know Red, as I was on my way here, I noticed that on these maps are several territories, or what seem to be territories, belonging to civilizations other than the Acarra. Most seem to be marked as hostile. Send a scoutship, perhaps?"

OOC: Post number 888...could it be an omen?

------------------
—The Cattleprod Duelist

(This message has been edited by ESPilot (edited 04-21-2002).)

A group of 50 lightnings jumped into the Huron system and opened fire on the Acarra. When the Acarra fired back, the lightnings left.
----------
The group of now 48 lightnings began the journy to the Kade system to wait... for what, no one knew.
----------
Ions collected=7.75
Ion engine=1 post
Ion enforcer=16 posts

------------------
------------------
Come visit (url="http://"http://nova6.pautsch.com/forum/intro.lasso")Nova6s Webboards(/url).

(message to Confeds)
(milky)
thank you.
~UEA
(end)

"sir the Dreadnought will arive soon"
"good, hopefully they arn't expecting another Kamakazi Dreadnought."
"i thought thats what you were up to sir."
"how soon will it hyper into the system?"
"2 days sir."
"just enough time to send a warning to the Azdgari."
(message to Azdgari)
(milky)
we are sending an automated dreadnought into Muid. it is filled with unstable hyperfuel so keep your distance. it is programed to fire on the closest enemy ship or weapon fired on it. when this ship takes suficent damage it will explode desroying all ships within 5 a.u. this will help greatly in that system.
~UEA
(end)

-----------------
Coalition of Worlds
R&D;

Outpost Construction
total: 0 ETC: 1posts

Replicaters: just like on Star Trek but for ship parts.
ETC: 9 posts

Stratta Class Battleship:
ETC: 14 posts

------------------
Insanity has its advantages

As the main Miranu fleet drifted in in the Zachit system, powered down to minimal levels but with everything a half-second away from being battle ready, it occured to Paul that there were other substances that could be used in suicide warships besides anti-matter. Sitting at his desk, he called up a list of readily available substances that would make big booms. One caught his eye. Deuterium, regularly used in feuling hyperdrive engines and afterburners, would detonate if pressurized and then a spark or flame was added. He checked the supply of feul available on the station. Enough to fill up fifty Dragon's was kept in feul tanks that were deep inside the station so as not to be harmed by a stray blast.

As quickly as possible, this was pumped into the 20 CW's that had been purchased with the budget surplus. Every nook and cranny was filled with feul, with a few freightor-fulls having to be shipped in from Zanat to help replenish Station Zachit's supply. They may not be able to take out planets, but the staticians said that five should be able to take out an Accara Command Cruiser. These new ships were deemed Deuterium Warships.

Now that the Azdgari ships were nearing completion, it was clear that they definately lacked in long range weaponry. To make up for this, it was decided that they would be vessels of immense technologic achievement, incorporating the latest Miranu technology. They would have Photon Torpedoes.
-------------------------------------
Azdgari Ship Refitting
ETC:4 Posts
New Hrekka Station
ETC:2 Posts
Photon Torps
ETC:2 Posts

New Ship Stats:
Vengeance-Class Medium Cruiser(Draekons)
For taking on smaller ships to free up CW's.
Shields:300
Armour:35
Accel:200
Speed:145
Turn:2
Weaps:
4 Lysew Turrets
1 Photon Torp Launcher+20 Ammo
1 Disruptor Cannon
1 Interceptor Bay+2 Interceptors
Diablo-Class Command Cruiser(Phalanx)
Meant to supplement Dragon Dreadnaughts.
Shields:400
Armour:15
Accel:150
Speed:75
Turn:2
Weaps:
5 Lysew Turrets
2 Photon Torp Launchers+50 Ammo
1 Disruptor Cannon
1 Heavy Fighter Bay+4 Heavy Fighters
OOC:I added in launchers and missiles and dropped the speeds and acceleration on ths ships to even them out.

------------------
"Take me to your dealer"-Bumper sticker
"This yacht is the luxury vessel for the pimp on a budget..."-Considered Plug-in Text
"Doritos:The official currency of fat people."-My friend

"Sir, we have enough Ions collected. Shall I start the hyperbeam?"
Grunadulater looked up from the book he was reading."Yes, but wait for me." Grunadulater got up and walked over to the Hyperbeam console. He began typing in acces codes.
"Computer, set Hyperbeam destination to system U-7404."
"... Destination found. Calculating HyperCordinates... complete. Select open and close points."
"3495, 935, 3834 and 3495, 935, 3834."
"Activating Hyperbeam." Grunadulater looked out to window as he saw the tiny blue energy beam come out of hyperspace and be sucked in by the Hyperbeam Reciever. He then watched a huge blue beam shoot out of the Generator and stop 50 meters away from the Generator. It then swirled into a funnel and the beam dimmed to a barely visible line going into the portal. The two Diplomacy Defenders fly into the funnel- and get sucked up. Grundy waited for a responce from the Defenders that they made it. Just then, the computer spoke.
"Warning, Ion power low." Grundy tensed. If they closed it while the Defenders were in the tunnel, they would be trapped in hyperspace forever. He began to worry when the comm system crackeled.
"Hey Grunadulater, were here... no ships in system." Grundy sighed with relief and spoke.
"Computer, close the Hyperbeam." The blue dissapeared in a bright flash.
----------
U-7404

Originally posted by grunadulater:
A new tech, the Ion engine, has encreased development by a whole lot. All ships are now fitted with Ion engines, and the tech was sent to the Coalition in exchange for all that metal we got a while ago.;)

OOC: what does the ion engine do?
-----------
(message to Confeds)
(milky)
have your ships arived safly? please send all info you get to the Coalition. We must know if there are others, if they are peaceful or Warlike, if they are a match for the Accara, you get the idea.
thank you for keeping your end of the deal and should you need help again feel free
to ask for it.
~UEA
(end)
--------------
Muid
the Coalition Dreadnought jumps in and makes its way toward the Acarra ships
Vapeing incoming torpedos and destroying fighters shields at 70% now. still moving in blasting away fighters torpedos but then hit with a pair of Frigates. firing
all weapons destroyed them but low on protection at 60% armor staying near the Acarra ships the Dreadnought is destroyed the hyper fuel is lit and the resulting explosion destroys 20 ships and damages the Command ship greatly (down to 20% shields).
-----------------
Coalition of Worlds
R&D;

Outpost Construction
ETC: done and sent to pax.

ETC: 8 posts

ETC: 13 posts

Tritanium Armor: Armor 20% Denser than bronev but 1/3 lighter
ETC: 12 posts

------------------

OOC: It just makes your ships faster and more manuverable.

------------------
------------------

ooc: The following are my latest updates on slug research. I'd like to be able to coordinate this with Carno, but he isn't replying to emails or IMs. Also, is Red now controlling the slugs (Ghalok and Shamtul?) mj

Originally posted by Admiral Benden:
A report from an intel agent that had infiltrated the Mercenary Houses of Poch several years back had reported
that mamajama was doing something with the slugs that seemed to be ever so effective against the Accara.

Here's how that intelligence report came about:

Bomphur, lead scientist on mamajama's slug research project, was taking a little bit of well-deserved R & R at a local Poch watering hole. This last was literal; herds of Grivians, Mudus, and other domesticated beasts wandered by a shallow, muddy lake in the moonlight, while Poch farmers and mercenaries enjoyed the view from an outdoor bar. While he was downing some fine Saalian Brandy, a striking woman sat down beside him. After she finished striking her striker, she struck up a conversation with Bomphur.

"So you seem to be enjoying this lovely evening. What kind of work are you in, that this simple relaxation seems to mean so much to you?"
Bomphur sat a little straighter in his chair, deepened his voice a bit, and confided, "I'm in Slug Research. Very dangerous. The slimy bastards can tear you in two and eat out your brains in a heartbeat."
The woman, whose name was Patila, and who was in fact an intel agent for Admiral Benden, looked impressed enough to gratify Bomphur.
"But what do you hope to do with these...slugs?What will be the practical application?"
"Find out how they get through the shields and armor of the Acarra. Perhaps use them directly against the Acarra in battle."
Patila had a mental image of a slug mounted on a rocket, aimed at Acarran fighters. She scribbled this image down on a cocktail napkin for later transmittal to Admiral Benden.

Bomphur regretfully figured out that this woman's interest might have more to do with military intelligence than with his own manly (Miranly) physique; He sighed and told Patila straightforwardly, "Tell Admiral Benden that, if he really wants to use the slugs against the Acarra, he should send us a sample Mech so that we can equip it with the same metal claws that the slugs use. That is, if Benden is williing to forgive and forget about that little matter of the anti-matter that mamajama destroyed...."

Slug research, Nemnel system

(message to: MamaJama)
(message fr: Raven)
(message re: New line of research)

Oh, by the way; if you figure out how the slugs can fire through shields, please tell us. That'd negate the effects of their destabilisation torpedo thingies, as well as making the Singularity Beams more powerful

OOC: Red, you need to respond to the battle in Muid.

------------------

Dewe System

Finally, after hours of battling, the Shamtul had been driven off into the void. As General Lhevak began to mend his severely damaged fleet and secure the planet below, already Lythrawn had ordered him to take Turgon before much time went by. The longer he waited, the more time the Miranu would have to recover. Though Lhevak would prefer to wait until his fleet was more adequately equipped and armed, orders were orders...

------------------

The Learning of Vacar

Vacar sat in the middle of the temple, high on a mountain overlooking his home. In the past days and weeks, he had continued training himself, and had finally developed a primitive Lance of Vacar. It was not perfect, and the uncontrolled energy had nearly blown off a piece of the mountain. Vacar knew that he could not control all of the energy in the Vacar Lance, and thus settled on a slightly smaller version of it, which was still a little more powerful than the Kalej lance, and had much improved range over the older version.

He was now experimenting once again with his true goal; a lance of unparraelled power. He would call it the Lance of Navair, after the First General Navair under whom Vacar himself had been taught. Though the general was now dead, Vacar hoped to have his memory last in the power of the Lance of Navair. It would take much time, and during this Vacar would also be teaching more young pilots how to correctly use the Lance of Vacar, so that it could be upgrade on more ships.

------------------

Acarra R &D;

Centaur Carrier Upgrade - 4 Posts

Vacar's Learning - 7 Posts

------------------
If at first you don't succeed...Hit it harder! - Me
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

OOC: Carno you need to update my tech page on the site. it shows no updating since the begining.
---------------------
(message to Poch Merc. Group)
(milky)
we have heard that you have been studying the strange slugs. have you found anything interesting? we are searching for some to study but have not come up with any so we would like to take part in your research. if you would like we will send a team of scientists to help you.
~UEA
(end)

(message to Zidagar)
(milky)
Greetings from the Coalition. long time no contact. we wish this was under better surcumstances but we had hoped you could help us against the Acarra. we seem to not be advanced enough to defend ourselvs well and are unaware of you technologic state. if you can help us please do so.
~UEA
(end)

UEA walks up to the R&D; dept.
"hows that battleship coming?"
"very well sir. it could probobly take a dreadnought out to the junk yard with enough power to take another one."
"incredable get that thing on the production line asap"
"we'll do our best sir"
UEA returns to his usual bussiness.
-----------------
Coalition of Worlds
R&D;

ETC: 7 posts

ETC: 12 posts

Tritanium Armor: Armor 20% Denser than bronev but 1/3 lighter
ETC: 11 posts

------------------

-----------------
In Muid, The Azdgari/Acarra battle raged on.
The Acarra Armada remained strong, as it's perimeter was harassed by the swarms of azdaras and aradas. Wolfpacks of predators simply charged into the fleet, dealing as much damage as possible without being destroyed, and all the carriers and Igadzra classes engaged the Command Ship, doing everything possible, even occasionally ramming it. Under heavy fire, it's shields rippled, but held. It was unapparent how damaged its shield grids were.

--------------------
"How much more time is needed till the Supercruiser is finished? We need it now!"
"Not long, sir..."

Supercruiser ETC: 3 posts

------------------
"I dont follow the crowd.. I stand and make fun of all the people walking in a straight line." ~A. Rickman
"....This is only what I think. We can't in a million years guess what goes on in the snarling, churning bowels of Red's head."
~ESPilot

OOC: Mine as well. Although it's not that important, the site would look a little better with the stuff updated, methinks.

"You still haven't asnwered my question." Espilot said. He was becoming somewhat bored. "Should we send a scout into one of the new non-Acarra territories that are apparently on these maps?" Espilot then suddenly burst out laughing. "My, who'd have thought...me, asking for military guidance from you...I find that simply hilarious. Well, I will send one myself. You may send a scout if you wish, and on your time. I will be sending some researchers to work on the beam weapons, now that our new hyperdrives and Multi-Generator techs are finished. Goodbye for now, Red. " With that, Espilot left, and went straight to his ship. As he did so, he used what little psionic power he had to find Yakuza, and say to him Your wish for peace maybe be coming true, friend. The Wraith Shadow blasted into space, with both cloaks on, and went back to Tumni.

The third Trebuchet Heavy Destroyer, the Great Tarkan , was complete. First Lieutenant Jeshi was given command of it. The first, the Quetzalcoatl , was under command of Admiral Espilot. The second, the Ornlu , was under command of Vice Admiral Kalej. Zidigar border systems were now buzzing with Zidaras, Zidigar Fighters and Zidagras, with the occasional appearance of a Carrier. Ships were now refitted with the new Anti-Matter missiles, and the Multi-Generator systems (now designated 'Mahout' systems) were now installed on all capitol ships. New hyperdrive engines were successfully tested, making the use of jump-links obsolete. The Zidigar ships could simply travel from point A to point B through subspace, allowing them to go back and forth between systems that were never connected with links. Whether or not this would prove useful, would have to wait...

Espilot walked into the Zidigar Military HQ, where there weren't retina scans. Next time he wanted to surprise Red, he thought, he'd get his teeth surgically modified to match an Azdgari's teeth. An officer nearly ran into him, which, with his unconcious habit of becoming hard to notice, was just about the only way to know he was there. "Watch it!" Espilot said. "A-Admiral, sir. We didn't know you were back..." "Of course not. Now, is there anything important I should know?" "Well, sir—" "Tell U.E. Admiral no. We have no wish to share technology unless we get some sort of benefit. Now, if he is willing to make a tech trade, we might be interested. What's the status on current projects?" "The multi-generator systems are on every capitol warship, and all ships have been refitted with the new hyperdrives, And—" "Good, good. Ask the Serpahim when they'll be able to send us some of this new Singularity technology, seeing as how it's practically finished. Now, go!" The bewildered officer went to do what the Admiral had said, and Espilot continued through the building. He entered Kalej's office. "Kalej, send a team of researchers down to the Azdgari with a message asking them when we can get a civilian of theirs. I'm going to be off on another mission for a while, but send a message to Kennel and tell him we'll have an example of psionic potential for him soon." "Sir, we—" "Tell Mamajama that we'll be willing to give her maps in exchange for examples of this material. If we happen to synthesize it faster than them, we'll give them some of ours. If we can make our own anti-matter, we can make our own slug claws." Espilot said that quickly, and went back to the spaceport. He would be the scout to go to one of the newly-discovered nationalities.
----
'Mahout' (Multi-Generator) system-Complete
New Hyperdrives-Complete
Singularity Shielding-1 Post

OOC: Having psionic powers, even if just barely, is fun 🙂

------------------
—The Cattleprod Duelist

Dargol Thela - Gyn'Thar Border Outpost

As the Confederate ships entered the system, they were immediately intercepted by several Gyn'Thar "Dragoon" Frigates, which emitted a short EMP pulse which temporarily disabled the weapons on the Confed ships. Then, after targetting the Confeds and locking tractor-beams onto their ships, the lead Gyn'Thar ship hailed them. It took a moment for the universal translator to decrypt their language, though.

"Who are you, and what do you want?"

------------------------

Gadonthez - System of the Dark

The Confeds in Gadonthez were not so well recieved.

As they entered the system, they couldn't see a thing. No ships. No planets. No stations. No stars. In fact, the whole system was almost completely black, except for a handful of stars which happened to penetrate the darkness.

Though nothing appeared to be there, something definitely was there, for there were huge graviton readings, and emp waves that seemed to eminate from the very void and blackness of space.

A message, audio-only, was suddenly sent to the Confederate ships...

"Who are you?"

The voice was empty and without emotion, cold and unmericful, and seemed to also come from the endless void. The Confeds promptly sent a message back, but to no one in particular.

"We are the Confederation. We come from another area of the Milky Way. All we wish for is peace. Who are you?"

"We are the Dark."

As the message was sent, some crewmen thought they saw ghostly shapes moving around the edges of the system. More emp waves were detected, and some faint blue lights shown about the system before fading.

"Leave our space."

"But why? We don't want to fight you or-"

"Leave our space," the message repeated. Suddenly, several ships could be barely seen. The only thing that gave them away was the way they blocked out the stars, and the faint blue haze of their engines.

"Leave our space."

Suddenly, the Confed ships were hit by some sort of invisible weapon, like a torpedo which gave off no light. A lance of purple light shot out from one of the ships, lighting up it and the ships around it for a moment. It struck one of the Confed Defenders, damaging its shield grid considerably.

The Confed ships immediately turned around and hyperspaced out, but not before one of their ships was severely damaged by enemy weapons fire, barely making it out alive. Whoever the Dark were, they didn't like visitors...

------------------------

Muid System

The Acarra continued to pummel the Azdgari with all they had, slowly pushing them back towards the planet. Meanwhile, a group of Wolf Starcruisers jumped out of the system...

------------------------

Kelmoan System

The Wolf Starcruisers then entered the Kelmoan system, which had been left almost completely defenseless, with its main fleet off fighting in Muid. The starcruisers blasted away several Azdaras, then began to attack the colony, not only with weapons, but with their minds. Horrible nightmares and hallucinations swept across the colony. People went mad, while others collapsed in the street in horrible pain. Screaming filled the ears of everybody; some of it was from the tormented cries of Azdgari, while other screams were merely fake; hallucinations created by the Acarra.

The whole colony was in utter terror. Order was gone. Panic rose to an insane level. Many Azdgari committed suicide because of the terror, while others were completely incapacitated by fear.

The Acarra were careful only to destroy the things that would threaten them; military bases and the like. The rest of the colony they mostly spared (except for a few attacks made by beams which blew up houses and buildings, causing more havoc and panic).

------------------------

Acarra R &D;

Centaur Carrier Upgrade - 3 Posts

Vacar's Learning - 6 Posts

------------------
If at first you don't succeed...Hit it harder! - Me
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

Background Development
Viviation

Deep within the core of Serte'Ni, A new stage of Shamtul evolution was beginning...
In the flowing carcinogens of a Mutation Chamber, a new creature was coming to exist. A trillionth the size of a glavir worm, the creature had no natural weapons in the usual sense, but it's name would soon be feared throughout the universe...
It was overlooked by the Sita (scientist/doctor) caste. As they went on with their business, slowly adding carcinogens and toxins to encourage mutations to a growing Ghalok, they were outraged when the Ghalok suddenly dissapeared.
Many things went though their mind.
Did it develop some kind of cloak?
Did it decompose from the Toxins?
Did it simply escape?
However all of these were dismissed, for the theories were impossible.

Their curiosity turned to fear when the pit wall itself began to break down and die, but there were no remnants that suggested natural decomposition.
Several Gatts (A form that most of the Sita evolve into) went down into the pit. There was nothing apparently wrong. There were no clues as to why the wall was breaking down, and there were no traces of the ghalok. They leave the pit, bewildered.
The pit is closed off, and ejected into a star, as what is commonly done to failed experiments.
The next day, a horrible sound sweeps through Serte'Ni. The sound of a dying Gatt.
Several Shamtul rush toward the poor Gett, but not to assist- they want to consume the creatue to flow it's energy back into it's race and complete the circle.
When they arrive at the site, it's a horrible scene, even for shamtul eyes.
The Gett is screaming in pain as it's arms slowly melt, and drip onto the floor. Even the puddles of flesh soon dissappear, as if consumed by some unseen force. The Gatt is obviously in extreme pain, but even the best strains of Sita are too afraid to go near.
As the... breakdown... reaches the Gett's midsection, it stops screaming, with it's eyes roving. It is not dead. It is not cured. It's diaphram has simply broke down so no breath can be taken in. It frantically writhes in pain, unable to make a sound, however the breakdown progresses until there is no trace whatsoever of the poor creature. The shamtul left the room as wall of Serte'Ni molded around where the Gatt was, looking for the remains. None were found.
However the grand being known as Serte'Ni, in it's great wisdom, read, Identified, and labelled an unknown viral agent. Although Primitive, Serte'Ni knew it would come in handy. It got minerals from the surrounding orbit, and coated the virus to stop it's spread- Even though it threatened the whole race, it was too useful to be ignored. Minute EMP pulses swept through the base, using the most basic form of communication to educate the shamtul about this new creation.
It broke down the bonbs that held living tissue together. It was a risk to the whole hive, but it could be the most deadly weapon the universe has ever seen.
A decision is by Serte'Ni to produce this weapon as quickly and safely as possible, so the bulging pulsating mass known as Serte'Ni began to grow a new chamber, attached to the main section by only a small channel for nutrients, but shielded as much as the Mind itself....

Den'Char Virus Pod Production Chamber-
ETC: 7 player posts

-------------------------------------------------
In Muid, The Azdgari/Acarra battle raged on.
The Acarra Armada remained strong, as it's perimeter was harassed by the swarms of azdaras and aradas. Wolfpacks of predators simply charged into the fleet, dealing as much damage as possible without being destroyed, and all the carriers and Igadzra classes engaged the Command Ship, doing everything possible, even occasionally ramming it. Under heavy fire, it's shields rippled, but held. It was unapparent how damaged its shield grids were.

------------------
~ESPilot

Paul was reading over intel reports again. You could never read them enough. You always learned something new from them, as new pieces of information completed old reports, and old reports sparked new investigations. He was looking through the report on the Poch Slugs when he saw a link to a message that was down at the bottom that he had missed before. It was a message from mamajama, asking for a Mech. He sent her a message in reply:

"We will send you all of the Mechs. They will be based off of your planet. Make modifications with them, do whatever, but keep them combat ready! We will need them to fight of the Accara and slug-ummy things. If you could somehow get them the slugs shield piercing characteristics, that would be wonderful. Have fun."

He sent a message to have the Mechs loaded onto a military freightor and shipped to Poch, along with their pilots. Paul stopped reading intel reports and started reading reports from some ship captains in the fleet. The men were getting very bored while sitting around on the ships. One captain said he had found several crewmen growing an old earth plant called "Cannibus", and several others making Vodka in the science bays. Another captain said that several crewers had smuggled Saalian Brandy aboard, gotten drunk on the stuff, and had ended up lying naked in the mess hall in front of the crew during breakfast. Paul started rotating ships and crews in for shore leave.
-------------------------------------
Azdgari Ship Refitting
ETC:3
Mech Mass Production
Paused
Total Produced:50
New Hrekka Station
ETC:1
Phton Torps
ETC:1

------------------
"Take me to your dealer"-Bumper sticker
"This yacht is the luxury vessel for the pimp on a budget..."-Considered Plug-in Text
"Doritos:The official currency of fat people."-My friend

Mamajama clicked through her mail again, and noted that Admiral Benden was sending out Mechs to fit with slug claws. Bomphur had reported that they were making good progress with a cloned replica of the slug claw material. It still tended to shape itself into wickedly sharp and strong metal claws, but without trying to grow the rest of the slug. It should be ready to fit onto the Mechs when they arrived. Less progress had been made on figuring out how the slugs "shorted out" the Acarra psionic lattices and shields.

We just don't know enough about how psi energy works she thought. The only race in our Galaxy that reputedly worked with Psi was the Gadzair, and they're all gone. I wonder if Redchigh of the Adzgari has any insights on psi energy.

<TRANSMISSION
<TO: All friendly governments: Miranu, Confederacy, Seraphim, Zidagar, Coalition
<CC: Admiral Redchigh, Adzgari Empire, pending your response re: trade agreement

Attached is a summary of our research on the slug claw material, (which we are calling SCUM, for Slug Claw Unique Material, a sample of our genetically re-engineered improved material( GRIM ) as well as a sample of the original claw. You will find that SCUM and GRIM both grow into a perfect claw shape, are incredibly sharp, regenerate, and do considerable damage to any conventional ship's armor with sufficient mechanical force behind it. We intend to attach these to Mechs, independent robotic killing machines. If you have very forceful missiles, or some way of sending robotic hull-drilling machines equipped with this stuff, you can probably penetrate Acarra armor, once you get past the shields.

Getting past their shields is another challenge, because the shields are powered mentally.
We Poch Miranu are resistant to telepathy and psychic attack, but we are also incompetent with it. The Acarra use it expertly. Who among you has insight into how to create a device which will dynamically alter electromagnetic psionic current, which is what the Acarra are creating such havoc with? We understand the EM part, but not the psionic.

I suspect that it will take a united effort of several governments to defeat the Acarra. I am sending this material out as a goodwill gesture, and hope that I will not regret it by your use of it against us in the future.

Mamajama

Arrival of Mechs, attaching SCUM and GRIM to Mechs, next post
ETC: Slug language learned: 2 posts
ETC: Hyperspace ambush ship prototype: 4 posts
Shade - How far are we from completing the singularity beam research? My USHOV scientists are helping.

------------------
My karma ran over your dogma. - bumper sticker

(This message has been edited by mamajama (edited 04-22-2002).)

(message to mamajama)
(milky)
there are a few humans with some Psychic powers as we humans call it. if we can get one to help you we will send him/her asap.
and about the missle thing try talking to the Azdgari. Spurs might do the trick. we'll send 50 of them.
~UEA
(end)

(message to Zidagar)
(milky)
Would you like an escort for your scout into the new space?
we ask nothing in return.
we would also like to ask for a tech exchange. your new hyperdrive engine is incredable, will you trade it in exchange for our up coming replicater tech? you will never need to mine for minerals again with this you can generate parts for your ships without the labor in minutes.
~UEA
(end)

UEA decides to walk the streets of the city and look for some one with real psychic ability. several posers are exposed for the frawd they are. then he comes across some one that may be true. he expained how UEA was feeling and UEA's past, but then a curtain behind him fell and revieled machinery that moniters emotions like mood stones and a computer showing UEA's record since the 7th grade, another failure.
-----------------
Coalition of Worlds
R&D;

Replicaters:
ETC: 6 posts

ETC: 11 posts

Tritanium Armor:
ETC: 10 posts

------------------