Wave of Destruction - Ch. 11-15

Dark Angel Research HQ, Tolb

The Ultra Slow Hyperspace Observatory Vehicle finally chugged into the Tolb system. The Poch scientists hailed the station, were cleared to land, and, after a hearty meal of Saraine's gourmet cooking, were ready to cut the research time on the Singularity Beam by 1/3. That night, Shamay had a disturbing dream. It may have been the aftermath of the fried Zidagar cheese balls, but she began to wonder about using the singularity research to attack the Acarra in hyperspace. Remembering how tractor beams had been useless on Grundy's ship in hyperspace, Shamay posited that perhaps Acarran weapons might be useless, too, and the ships vulnerable, if some more Ultra Slow ships were waiting in ambush for the Acarra ships to jump through. Of course, the risk was that the hyperlink might be destroyed. But, it was worth a new line of research.

Poch

Mamajama positioned her fleet, with Grunadulator's ships, around the Poch system. The entire planet was in mourning from the losses of so many mercenary families in the Battle of Dewe. The drought, however, was finally beginning to break. With the rains, the crisped fields of Poch began to green again.

Nemnel
The reports from the slug researchers in Nemnel indicated that they had begun to understand the slug's language. Certain combinations of clicks and movements seemed to be commands to get food, or to attack, or to begin to form larvae.
Remembering some of the *****anzee language research from Old Earth, Mamajama had a large panel with multicolored buttons with painted symbols on it placed in the slug enclosure. This way, the larger slugs could push buttons to request more Grivans, munb leaves, to communicate more, etc. The slugs quickly took advantage of this symbolic communication, but couldn't find a button that said, "Let us out of here!" because that button wasn't on the panel. One button would play video footage of the battle of Dewe, and it seemed that the slugs couldn't get enough of watching their mates attack the Acarra. Judging by their agitation and gestures toward the screen, they were critiquing the battle.

ETC: Slug (Shamtul and Ghalok, but the Nemnel researchers don't know that) language learned: 4 posts

ETC: Singularity Beam research completed: 1/3 off whatever Shade had before.

ETC: Hyperspace ambush ship prototype: 6 posts

OOC: This is weird. Whenever I write "*****" in this post, some editing program seems to replace the word with asterisks. Is this some new taboo word or what?

(This message has been edited by mamajama (edited 04-20-2002).)

OOC: Not telling, Carno. You'd make up something to negate it. Maybe later

(message to: MamaJama)
(message fr: Raven)
(message re: New line of research)
Hello, friend! My scientists say that your scientists have come up with an idea on how to ambush the Acarra. If there's anything I can do to help re the Singularity side of it, please tell us; otherwise, I'll organise medication for the scientists affected by Saraine's cheese balls. I told him his cooking sucked. 🙂
Oh, by the way; if you figure out how the slugs can fire through shields, please tell us. That'd negate the effects of their destabilisation torpedo thingies, as well as making the Singularity Beams more powerful
Ciao,
-Raven

ETA until Archangel complete: 3 posts
ETA until Singularity Shields complete: 4 posts
ETA until Singularity Beam complete: 5 posts

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/shades_shipyard")Shade's Shipyard(/url), the source for your ship needs.

OOC:I use three letter abreviations for races in my messages. If you can identify three letters that are in your gov's name, then its probably for you. And I just tried to load the storymap-didn't work.
------------------------------------
Paul received the reply from UE Admiral, and ordered his aid to send all of the information they had on the Photon Torps to the Coalition under very heavy encryption. The two research teams would get it done a lot faster(-1/2 Time, My posts only). In order to quickly respond to any attacks, Paul and the fleet moved out to Zachit and docked at the station there.

A report from an intel agent that had infiltrated the Mercenary Houses of Poch several years back had reported that mamajama was doing something with the slugs that seemed to be ever so effective against the Accara. Paul suddenly had the most incredible vision of a slug glued to a rocket booster with a rather comical look on its 'face' as it attacked several Accara fighters.
------------------------------------
Azdgari Ship Refitting
ETC:5 Posts
Mech Mass Production
Paused
Total Produced:50
New Hrekka Station
ETC:3 Posts
Photon Torps
ETC:3 Posts
OOC:I should have done co-researching a long time ago 😄

------------------
"Take me to your dealer"-Bumper sticker
"This yacht is the luxury vessel for the pimp on a budget..."-Considered Plug-in Text
"Doritos:The official currency of fat people."-My friend

In Dewe, The remaining large shamtul began to consume some of the smaller slugs drifting around.. Then the Ghalok and large shamtul curved their appendages under themselves, and began to change color (They were increasing their metabolic rate to do more damage in the upcoming plan). Then, they charged the command ship. Although several were incinerated, Most rammed into the shields, doing massive damage- even more than the Acarra could have predicted. A few smaller shamtul then retreated with information on the battle.
--------------------
ESPilot stared at Admiral Yakuza, and Yakuza simply looked back at him doubtfully.
"I know who you are... We're not allowed to give out codes... I don't normally do this, but wait here."
He walked over to a wall beside the door, and talked through to Redchigh. After conversing a bit, he walks back to Espilot.
"I told Red you're a trader. Thats what you want, right? I've thought we should have peace with your people."
Espilot smiled, before he remembered the others in the room and hid his teeth. The Yakuza just smiled a bit.
He followed the officer to the door. The Admiral stepped up, placed his hand on the door, and lines of light waved around his hand. A Computer voice noted "Fingerprint Verification. Do not move.".... "Verification complete. Stand by for Iris ID." A red laser beam fanned out to the Officer's left eye. "Eye Verification taking place. Do not Blink. Stare at the center of the light.".... "Verification Complete"
The officer blinked, and turned to ESPilot. "I hate that. Redchigh has always been a little paranoid. The door will open in a moment. I need to get to my meeting and rinse my face off. The laser still feels weird.".....

Espilot waited until the door opened.....

(Note: There are guards inside the chamber, so don't try anything stupid.)

------------------
"I dont follow the crowd.. I stand and make fun of all the people walking in a straight line." ~A. Rickman
"....This is only what I think. We can't in a million years guess what goes on in the snarling, churning bowels of Red's head."
~ESPilot

OOC: I would like to note at this point, I have changed the hyperbeam a bit. 4 of someone else posts=1 of my posts for the charge rate.
----------

------------------
"Oops, I think I killed it..."-Me
------------------
Come visit (url="http://"http://nova6.pautsch.com/forum/intro.lasso")Nova6s Webboards(/url).

OOC: Now Red, why would I want to kill the leader of a rival government? It just wouldn't be proper 😛

Espilot stepped into the office, and looked at Red'chigh. "Ah, hello, Red'chigh. I have an interesting bargain for you....You see, I have attained some, ah, merchandise, that could be of value to you. In return, I ask only for only one Azdgari, military, citizen, criminal, or otherwise. You see, myself and some colleagues of mine are conducting some...research, that involves psionic wave emittance, and we believe the Azdgari have hidden psionic potential. We only want to do a few tests, and we will return the person back to you. Do we have a deal?"
----
New Hyperdrive Engines-2 Posts
Multi-Generator Tech-2 Posts
Singularity Shielding-3 Posts

------------------
—The Cattleprod Duelist
_Go spread the word, from town to town
We are the human race, and we groove to the sound_—Sir Psycho
YOU NO LIKE DA ESP? DA ESP NO LIKE YOU!

--------- Muid -------------
The Azdgari defenses were shattered. Messages were frantically sent back and forth between the azdgari leaders and outposts.
"The Acarra? Struck Muid?"
"Yes, Sir! I await orders!"
"We have to teach them a lesson. Pull ships from the entire quadrant of space. We have to teach them not to mess with us."
"Yes, sir."

As the last original ships were destroyed, a three waves of reinforcements jump in, about 40 ships per wave.
Predators scream forward, engaging the Acarra.
Azdaras gang up on lone Acarra fighters.
Carriers launch fighters point blank against large acarra warships.
Draiek modules's crash into the shield grid of the command ship, supplemented with Nuek rockets. Beams graze on the Acarra shields. Although a few Acarra ships are incinerated, the Azdgari realize this will be a long hard war...

---------------------
REDchigh looks at the odd trader that just entered his office.
"We are doubtful as to giving away even a civilian to an unknown individual, but my curiousity has been sparked. What kind of merchandise?"

------------------
"I dont follow the crowd.. I stand and make fun of all the people walking in a straight line." ~A. Rickman
"....This is only what I think. We can't in a million years guess what goes on in the snarling, churning bowels of Red's head."
~ESPilot

Espilot smiled, but without showing his teeth. He pulled out of his pocket a datacube with a special holo-projector. It displayed a perfect 3D copy of the Acarra maps. "This, my friend, is Acarra space. You will receive these, in exchange for one member of the Azdgari race."

------------------
—The Cattleprod Duelist

Red looked doubtfully.
"So in exchange for helping you, you give us a way to get killed. Uh, no. We already have another way to get the maps from the Zidigar. I'd be interested to look at anything else you have, however..."

------------------
~ESPilot

"Don't need the maps? You seemed eager to have them when you sent that message to me, Red'chigh. So, you're sure you don't want the maps then? I can live without doing the research, but the research, if the results are what we predict, should prove useful against the Acarra." Espilot wondered what might happen if he said he was actually the Zidigar Navy Admiral...

------------------
—The Cattleprod Duelist

Suddenly Red's skin changed color... reddish even.
"What do you mean 'when I sent you the message'? I only sent a message to the Zidigar." Red reached under his desk and whipped out a phase blaster.
"Don't move, spy. Either your tongue slipped or you're zidigar. Show me your teeth. If you refuse, I can look at them after you're dead. The zidigar are used to losing their spies."

------------------
~ESPilot

"Yes, yes, you got me." Espilot said, grinning widely. "Zidigar Navy Admiral Espilot, that'd be me. But, my deal still stands. Do you refuse, or accept? And I never knew the Azdgari had color-coded skin...." he said, keeping his grin.

------------------
—The Cattleprod Duelist

Background Development
Written by Grunadulater

Otivaras star was getting very close to a supernova, so the system was evacuated. The system suddenly exploded into a supernove just after all ships left. When the residents went back to Otivara, there were a lot of ion clouds. The hyperlinks to Otivara were getting unstable, but the residents didn't know that, so they started to make plans for a station. Before they could build one, however, the Confederacy officials decided to bring the Ion Generator and the Hyperbeam Transmitter to the system so that it could gather ions to power the Hyperbeam Generator. The Ion generator and the Hyperbeam Transmitter were brought to Otivara and not F-25 or any other planet because Otivara was the closest.

About a week after the Generator and Transmitter were in the system, the Hyperlinks unexpectedly collapsed and the equipment was trapped in the system, along with a few ships. After another week of debate on what to do, the officials decided to make the hyperbeam transmitter shoot the stored Ion energy to the Hyperbeam reciever in Duram, to make the Hyperbeam generator powered. When the beam arrived out of hyperspace, it was a pure blue color. It shot right into the reciever dish and the Hpyerbeam Generator glowed blue.

Then generator then made an artificial link to Otivara and all ships in Otivara got out useing the temporary hyperlink, for they had no food or water. The officials decided also to let the Ion generator and Hyperbeam transmitter stay inside the system. They decided that since the hyperlinks would never come back, no one would live in the system. They were, of course, wrong, but the links would not open for a very long time.

------------------

Omm System

The Pirates stood no chance, and after a heavy exchange of Firepower, Thrade's forces took full control of the system. The conquest of two systems in a relatively short period of time was a turn for the good after the nearly disasterous Battle of Huron.

------------------

Muid System

Lythrawn growled. He didn't like it when he was outnumbered, with his 90 ships to the Azdgari fleet of 120, but he knew that this was actually a winnable battle if he worked quickly and if he got just a few more reinforcements.

"Sir, I highly suggest that we think about retreating. We can't win against a fleet of this-"

That was all he could say. Lythrawn nodded to two soldiers standing in back of him, and they shot the officer dead on the spot. Lythrawn didn't generally tolerate such behavior, and he was sick of that officers cowardly suggestions.

"Charge the Azdgari. Let no ship being taken on alone; if they can take us down one by one, then we'll slowly be beaten back until we have no ships left. Call in help from Fourth General Vaergon. Attack!!"

The Acarra counter-charged the enemy, tearing through them with multiple energy lattices, then taking them on head-on. Even the giant Predators were not much of a match for the larger Acarra warships, and the Wolf Starcruisers proved especially deadly against the Azdgari with their heavy weapons payload.

In somewhat small numbers, Azdaras were no match for the Shrikes and Wraiths, but in such huge numbers, they were becoming an ever-increasing problem. There were simply too many of them, and the Acarra were being almost overwhelmed by them, though they still fought on, and gave the Azdara wings pretty heavy casualites in some duels.

It was at that moment that Vaergon, on his command ship Menthu-Ra , plowed into the system, followed by 10 Centaur Carriers and 5 Wolf Starcruisers, which immediately launched all their fighters and charged into the fray.

------------------

The Nemesis Command Ship

To make sure that their command ship remained the supreme warship in the galaxy, the Acarra had now completed their major upgrade on its design. It could now carry more weapons, had more shields, and was more fearsome than ever.

Upgraded Stats:
+200 Shields
+150 Armor
+4 Psi Turrets
+2 Warp Disruptor Torpedo Launchers + 60 Ammo
+1 Hyperfield Torpedo Launcher + 40 Ammo

------------------

Acarra R &D;

Command Ship Upgrade - Completed

Vacar's Learning - 3 Posts

------------------
If at first you don't succeed...Hit it harder! - Me
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

(This message has been edited by Captain Carnotaur (edited 04-20-2002).)

Redchigh drops his pistol as he laughs.
"You should have told me your were coming! I would have dressed up. Normally I wouldn't believe you, but no spy in his right mind would say that. You can perform the tests as long as we get some advisors and scientists to watch and make sure you treat the individual decently. Deal? Oh, and while you're here... let's get something straightened out, eh? how about a techie trade? My people wouldn't much like to fight along yours, but a tech trade would help both of us. We would both be able to fight the acarra better."

------------------
~ESPilot

A Hinwar walked up to Grunadulater.
"Sir, there is a rumor going around that the Zidagar have a map of all Acarra space and beyond, that there is more galaxy than we see on our maps."
"Hmmm, I will check up on this."
----------
(message to Zidagar)
(Milky way encryption)
"We know you have maps of the Acarra, and if you give them to us, we might be able to work out an agreement... say, 100M credits?"
(end)
----------
Stored Ions=4
Ion Enforcer=18 posts
Ion engine=4 posts

------------------
------------------
Come visit (url="http://"http://nova6.pautsch.com/forum/intro.lasso")Nova6s Webboards(/url).

(This message has been edited by grunadulater (edited 04-20-2002).)

"Tech trade? What sort of tech trade?" Espilot asked curiously. At least he wasn't getting shot. "I'm sure we Zidigar have nothing the glorius Azdgari Empire could ever, ever need..." Espilot said jokingly. His wristcomp beeped. "Erm, excuse me, I have a message..." "What is it?" "Sir, we just received a message from the Confederation. They say they'll pay one-hundred million credits for our maps." "One hundred million?!" Espilot realized he'd spoken a little too loud. Red'chigh was looking at him now with intense curiosity. "Tell them we accept. Now, don't bother me again! How many times must I say it?" Espilot turned the wristcomp off and said "Sorry for the distraction. Now...where were we? Ah yes, a tech trade.."

------------------
—The Cattleprod Duelist

(This message has been edited by ESPilot (edited 04-20-2002).)

Grunadulater smiled as he saw that the deal was made with the Zidagar. He quickly looked at the map and scanned it onto his computers hard drive.
----------
Two diplomatic Defenders are being prepared...
----------
Ions Collected=4.5
Ion enforcer=18 posts
Ion engine=3 posts

------------------
------------------

Red wonders what the credits were about, but forgets it.

"So... tech trade.. Our Nuek missiles have been sadly lacking for a while..."
"Our Ciat missiles enter hyperspace and---"
"Sounds good!"
"But you can't have our hyperdrives.."
"Oh.."

"About the Acarra... I was thinking about an anti-matter torpedo or some such.. I mean Acarra ships are matter right? They would be destroyed easily. Ships have to be matter, right?"
"Leave it to a Zidigar for an idea like that. You're naive. Ships are matter, but shields aren't. Once we get the shields down we can handle the Acarra."
"True. Bad Idea. But planets are matter..... Suicide anti-matter warships ya know?"
"NO. I've suffered at the hands of suicide warships, they annihilate civilians.... think morals. Seriously, I won't take part in that. What about something to slowly make a planet unhabitable? A nanite that breaks down the crust? or heh we could strap miranu mechs onto compact azdaras and swarm them down.."
Both leaders have a laugh about that.. like some old cartoon in the 20th century... heh.

The Conversation continues...

------------------
~ESPilot

OOC: The Zidigar aren't that naive. And Espilot is even older than Red'chigh, just s you know. And I'm listening to music from that cartoon, Red. And it r0xx0rz j00r b0xx0rz.

"Let's see...your Skrad beamers or whatever they're called are the most powerful known main weapons other than Acarra weapons, correct?"
"Of course!"
"Well, the Zidigar happen to know a good bit more about beams that you do...Let's say we made something with, say, the power of a Skrad cannon, but the range and low mass of Phased Beamers? To keep energy consumption down, we could reengineer it to have a pulsing beam instead of a steady one..."
"Interesting. That could very well work...I was wondering, would you be able to help us with the new Chimaera-class Supercruiser?"
"Well, most of our researchers are busy developing the new Singularity Shields with the Dark Angels, but I could probably spare a few. However, there's something I'd like in return..."
"What?"
"Predator hulls. No weapons, just the 'skeleton' with a hull on it."
----
New Hyperdrive Engines-1 Post
Multi-Generator Tech-1 Post
Singularity Shielding-2 Posts

------------------
—The Cattleprod Duelist

(message to Confeds)
(milky)
we have detected 2 of your ships being disarmed and set to diplomatic stages. this tells us that you have maps to Accara space. May the Coalition 'stow away' as reps of the Coalition? if not, do give whomever your going to see our message of peace.
~UEA
(end)

"UEA sir! the azdgari are being attacked by the Acarra!"

"Damn! well this is a chance to show where our loyaltys are. send a Dreadnought to help defend them."

"Sir.... one ship!"

"yes one ship ;)"

"ohhhh. i got ya. it will arive in two posts"
-----------------
Coalition of Worlds
R&D;

Outpost Construction
total: 0 ETC: 2 posts

now fiting on warcruisers Dreadnoughts and the soon to be Battleships.
ETC: Done
Replicaters: just like on Star Trek but for ship parts.
ETC: 10 posts

Stratta Class Battleship:
ETC: 15 posts

------------------
Insanity has its advantages