Reign of Chaos 3 - Chapter VI

OOC: RMA and I have decided to vote Yes on the poll.

Galactica has been taking losses lately, and losing systems. The systems hadn't been theirs for over 30 years, and they were recent captures, but they were losses nonetheless. However, the High Admirals at Galactica Space Navy Command have cooked up a brilliant plan to strike a blow to the Confederacy.

The neutrally aligned freighter S.S. Refuge, comandeered from a Galactica-friendly civilian captain, exited hyperspace and glided into the Grivok system. It headed for the planet, the large freighter going at a slow yet steady pace. As it entered high orbit, it opened a channel to Grivok ground control. "Grivok control, this is the S.S. Refuge, out of Sirabor, requesting permission to land."

"That's a Galactica controlled system, S.S. Refuge. We'll have to scan you."

"I'm hauling a load of Kataren ore, which blocks deep scans. Apologies, control."

"Yes, the jamming signature is that of Kataren. Your flight plan says your cargo is headed for the Jurana Confederate Government Complex... proceed to Jurana CGC Bulk Pad 3C at one quarter impulse."

"Copy that, control. S.S. Refuge out."

The S.S. Refuge activated heat shielding devices and began to enter the atmosphere of Grivok. It was carrying a sub-compartment full of Kataren ore, blocking the fact that several of the other sub-compartments were filled with Voinian and Strand life signs.

As the massive ship touched down, the Galactica officer in charge of the operation scanned the area with his binoculars, noting what seemed to be the main building. It had a massive antenna, probably an Interstellar Net uplink. He switched on the ship's speaker system and said, "Troops, move out when ready. There's a building directly to the north of our position, that's our objective. Get to a terminal and carry out your orders."

The Confederate Alliance personnel looked towards the S.S. Refuge across the dry, cracked pavement of the landing area as the freighter lowered its cargo ramp. As they saw nothing but workers carting off pallets of Kataren, they returned to their duties and quickly forgot about the ship.

This proved to be a huge mistake, as the next thing that came from the ship was not Kataren ore pallets, but 50 heavily armed Voinians wearing assault armor, followed by a trio of lightly armored hover vehicles. The soldiers opened fire, quickly dispatching the token guard force in this protected area of the complex. Most of the troops were at the perimeter , and it would take a few minutes for them to arrive.

A few well placed shoulder mounted railgin shots felled the nearest guard tower as 25 of the troops, along with a team of hackers, stormed the large building with the Net linkup. They moved through the halls, killing any opposition with deadly efficiency. As the team reached a communications room, the hackers set to work.

They began to frantically search the government files for warship and weapons plans, using state of the art tools to crack security encryptions. The troops guarded the entrances to the room, easily defending the hackers. As the faint sound of heavy boots running through the halls became audible, the troops began nudging the hacker team and saying, "Hurry up!"

"We're almost done," replied the lead hacker, a short Azdgari woman. High above, in orbit, 7 Hyperspace Carriers began to enter realspace and launch fighters as a diversion of sorts. "Okay, I've got the link with the carriers. I'm beginning to send what information we have."

"Do it fast!"

Weapons began to discharge as the Alliance troops began to appear at the door. A firefight ensued, with both sides taking losses. The Azdgari woman yelled, "Done! We have the plans for the Alliance Flagship and its weapons uploaded to the carri-" just as a burst of Alliance flechette fire turned her head into a fine coat of dark red on the wall behind her.

As the Carriers gathered up their fighters, they began transmitting their newly gained Confederate Alliance secrets to Galactica Station in the Svass system. The Confederates had lost a great deal of progress that day, when news of this was sent to their leader he would not be happy at all.

Galactica security has been stepped up considerably to avoid a Confederate attempt at doing what had just been done to them. Subspace jammers have been installed to jam communications as soon as a crack into the system was detected, and in the case of any incursion all ships in the affected area will be locked down to prevent escape. Lastly, any persons found commiting such treason will be executed or tortured, at the guard commander's discretion, without trial.

Improved shielding ETA: 1 post

Gravity Emitter upgrade ETA: 2 posts

Heavy Beam Cruiser: Finished. Production is beginning.

------------------
My state bird is the finger.

(This message has been edited by BattleDoctor (edited 12-16-2001).)

(This message has been edited by BattleDoctor (edited 12-16-2001).)

(Message to:Skraine Coalition)
(From:Galactica)
(We aplogise for the misunderstanding, and we will now begin colonising the other systems. Is Hoth III still availible?)
(Message Ends)

--------

(Message to:Sijak)
(From:Galactica)
You are welcome to land, and we will tell you our side of the war with the Confederates. Please transmit any other requests before landing.)
(Message Ends)

--------
Improved shielding ETA: Done. Software upgrades are being delivered, and hardware upgrade will take longer. ETA:4 posts

Gravity Emitter upgrade ETA: 1 posts

Missle Engine Upgrade.
The disruption web of the Confederates is proving an annoyance, therefore Galactica is enhancing its missles. The current drive generates a sheath about the unit it moves, which propels it along, but does nothing to interdict pds. The upgrade will enhance the engines, allowing them to generate a far more powerful grav sheath about the missle. Against a disruption web, it wont be 100% effective, but most missles will get through, the disruption webs energy being bent around the missle. Along with this upgrade, since engine power is being increased, the range will increase also. Since the grav sheath is deactiavted for most of a missles journey, all the extra engine power gives a much longer range and speed.

ETA:8 posts

------------------
If someone makes a mistake, it is not my fault. I will however use it to my advantage.

(This message has been edited by RMA (edited 12-16-2001).)

The latest Galactica propaganda reels had hid the nets, as always throwing dirt on the Confederate Alliance and glorifying the Galactica Imperium.

The vid opened with a serene shot of the Confederate Alliance city. Children playing in parks, an eel vendor bartering on the streets, a hover bus with an old lady being helped off by a shining robot. "This was a happy city, a city like any other, a city just like your own." explained the voice over.

"On this fateful day, however, the sadistic methods of the Alliance would show once again. A Galactica diplomatic team had been sent to Grivok to negotiate." Shots of officers in dress uniforms standing on a bridge played. "However, the Galactica diplomatic team was massacred as soon as they disembarked from their ship."

Shots from the S.S. Refuge's outside security cameras played. Propaganda experts had been careful to blur the tape, so it was less clear that the Galactica troops were heavily armed. Confederate troops gunning them down had been superimposed into the clip. "But it got worse. As the remnants of the brave Galactica diplomats were lifting off..."

The voice over trailed off, and video from one of the Hyperspace Carriers in orbit played. The S.S. Refuge got about 100 feet up, before a missile streaked towards it and hit the engineering compartment. The ship began to fall towards the surface, then exploded in a colossal shockwave. The shot flicked out to a broader view, showing buildings toppling and civilian targets being destroyed as the voice over came back on. "Skyscrapers toppled. Civilians hurt. Innocent men, women, and children... dead.

"The Confederate Alliance is evil and sadistic, uncaring about its civilians. Galactica does. Galactica cares about you." The video switched to a shot of Emperor BattleDoctor surrounded by laughing schoolchildren, in a garden. He picked up a young Igadzra child and handed him a miniature Galactica flag, all the while laughing. The voiceover then repeated, "Galactica cares."

Gravity Emitter upgrading: Finished

Improved shielding installation ETA: 3 posts

Missile Upgrade ETA: 7 posts

Galactica scientists are currently working on reverse engineering and studying the Confederate Alliance weapons plans. Shipyards are being modified to be able to build Flagships. ETA: 4 posts

------------------

After a talk on AIM, it looks like we're going to pause things till stuff is sorted out. Some numbers are way out, and the outcome of a crucial battle would have been very different.

Till things really are sorted out, I dont think it's a good idea for anyone to post. This wont be official till other people vote. BDs and Is vote is now to close things for a bit.

RMA

------------------
If someone makes a mistake, it is not my fault. I will however use it to my advantage.

ooc: I vote to close it temporarily, the following post being my last until the poll is closed.

The Sijak in Eta got the Skraine's message and sent a message back to them.

To: Skraine
Thank you for your advice, we have taken it into consideration and have decided to act on it. We will make a base on EC- 105, as well as Quirdon.
end message sequence

-----------------------------------------

The Sijak in Galactica space landed, and 3 Sijak stepped out, the crew staying on the Ghost. 2 of the diplomats were male, while the leader of them was female, with creamy brown eyes. The looked around curiously and then waited to see who would greet them.

------------------------------------------

Research:
Upgrade Sijak Engines- 2 posts

building ships- 300 a post.

------------------
Formerly known as
Rima.

(This message has been edited by Kenra (edited 12-16-2001).)

Ok, Officially closed.

Carno, since you are directly involved, your mod privilages are void to this specific topic. You can moderate on anything else. I know I dont have the power to make you do this, but I think it will help.

You two, IM me so we can start a chat room to settle this, and get this going again.

ROC 3 ' Chapter IV
OFFICIALLY CLOSED

------------------
"I- I Swear Officer.. The Dwarf was on fire when I got here!"

Originally posted by -REDCHIGH-:
**Ok, Officially closed.

Carno, since you are directly involved, your mod privilages are void to this specific topic. You can moderate on anything else. I know I dont have the power to make you do this, but I think it will help.

You two, IM me so we can start a chat room to settle this, and get this going again.

ROC 3 ' Chapter IV
OFFICIALLY CLOSED

Nope. We wait until Esponer gets back to settle this.

------------------
If at first you don't succeed...Hit it harder! - Me
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

I think we've conveyed the majority at this point.

And thus Reign of Chaos 3 will be closed until I'm actually back. (I'm still in the graveyard, honest!).

However, to avoid further conflicts, the co-moderational positions will be taken down until you all prove to me you can all be trusted with it. And no, I'm not power-hungry, I just think that most moderational acts made by anyone else have defects. Just let's sort this out. (but don't expect it opening before 01/01/02).

And by the way, isn't there a Golden Horizon and an Empire's revenge you can go play at? 😉

Espy-The-Latest

------------------
Word.

The Confederate vessels pulled back from Emalgha, having lost few ships, but realising that the battle was hopeless from the start.

They returned to their nearest outpost.

Go from there, people. Any actions in other galaxies have no re-wind, nor do techs.

Opened.

------------------
Word.

OOC: And just to note, that since I never attacked Emalghion, I did not attack Fridion, Krraali, Niot, DSN-1156, or Leka.

---------------------

The Confederate Fleet, now stationed at Kelmoan, was simply reinforcing and redeploying to other systems and waiting for more orders from Confederate Headquarters. In the meantime, the Confederates were simply trying to reinforce and wait until they were strong enough to begin another offensive. With the new Citadel Defense System in place in all but a few core worlds, which now essentially added the strength of another 100 ships, the Confederates were mostly sure that they were safe from Galactica attacks.

While that was going on, the Confederate shipyards were pouring out ships as fast as they could to keep up with recent losses, and to help fortify the border against any Galactica attacks.

---------------------

Alliance Flagship
Upgrade Project
ETA: COMPLETED

---------------------

The upgrade of the Alliance Flagship was now completed, which meant that it was now outfitted with 4 more Renegade Fighters, 4 more Styx Bombers, 2 more Anti-Proton Turrets, and a New Fusion beam. The large upgrade would greatly improve the survivability of such vessels in combat, which had been a big problem in the past.

Now that that was completed, the Confederates were beginning work on two new technologies. One was the new Molecular Disintigrator Weapons, which actually ripped apart atoms and molecules from each other. The resulting energy burst was enough to tear apart hull armor and shielding. About twice as powerful as old Anti-Proton Weapons, the new disintigrator cannons and turrets would be quite useful against Galactica.

The second technology was started in an effort to put more weapons on a ship than the Confeds previously could. If they could miniaturize enough stuff, which included weapon systems, sensors, engines, and generators, they could fit on more and more weaponry, which would make their ships better than Galacticas. Hopefully, that is.

---------------------

Citadel Defense System
Installation Project
ETA: 1 Post

Molecular Disintigrator Weaponry
Research Project:
ETA: 10 Posts

Minaturization Technology
Research Project:
ETA: 7 Posts

------------------
--------------
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

(This message has been edited by Captain Carnotaur (edited 01-02-2002).)

The Raiek Olympus' come alive, and use their heavy beamers to hold off the haorn, while they use their javelins at full, and they fire as long as they can, destroying almost a dozen smaller haorn ships, before jumping out, and heading back to their home space..

------------------
"I- I Swear Officer.. The Dwarf was on fire when I got here!"
------------------------
"....This is only what I think. We can't in a million years guess what goes on in the snarling, churning bowels of Red's head."
~ESPilot

OOC:Welcome back Esponer!
OOC2:RMA,Hoth III is where the spatial fold is.You can't colonise it.

(Message)
(To:Galactica)
(Fr:Councillor D'An'era)
(Re:Interviewing Galactica Refugees)
(We thank you for the opportunity.
Where may we find them?
-Councillor D'An'era)

(Message)
(To:Galactica,Confederates,Tribunal,Sijak)
(Fr:Magistrate K'Sarragh)
(Re:Andornik Cluster)
(I am pleased to announce that each of the new factions in Eta Cassiopea may colonise one system in the Andornik Cluster,with the exception of Rokynar or Develler.
However this is subject to certain conditions;
1)the Andornik Cluster is hereby declared a Demilitarised Zone,and no warfare is to take place there.
2)The blockading or colonising of the "gateway" systems,Rokynar and Develler, is strictly forbidden.
3)Freighters of any government are to be allowed free access through any system of any other government,regardless of the affiliation of that freighter or government.
3i)These freighters will also be allowed to land upon the planets of other governments.
3ii)While doing so,the aforesaid freighters will not engage in any activity designed to aid the military of their government,such as transporting troops with an aim to attack, conducting penetration scans of other governments technologies, or spreading propaganda.
3iii)All citizens and captains in the Andornik Cluster will act in a civil and cordial manner towards all other citizens of other governments.
4)Any government may declare a system offlimits due to the prescense of advanced research or construction going on there;however they must still allow the passage of freighters through their space.
4i)The rule set out in number (4) may be enforced by government warships.
4ii)this rule does not justify the use of force;it is merely a measure to make sure freighters of other governments do not stay insystem to examine the reseach or construction going on there.
4iii)Freighters of other governments may not land upon offlimit planets.
5)These rules will be policed by the Skraine Warfleet.

I hope that these rules will aid in making the Andornik Cluster a peaceful place of equality and trade.
-Magistrate K'Sarragh,Unity Starbase)

K'Sarragh decided to send a second expidition through the Wormhole into Ross 154,with the aim of exploring,and seeing if they could discover any new races.
The force would be three Fireblade battlecruisers,the Nova Angel , Dark Angel , and Angelfire.
Commanding them would be Commander Thraize,the commander of the original mission into the Ross 154 galaxy.

------------------
ETA until coloniser complete:2 posts
ETA until Organic Armour Upgrade complete:6 posts
ETA until Blaze Gunship complete:6 posts

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/shades_shipyard")Shade's Shipyard(/url), the source for your ship needs.

OOC: Espy says I can come back.
----------
An old ship flew from the planet of Tientu. The ships orbiting the planet were amazed. A security ship hailed the old one.
"Ship... Voinian Frigate... identify yourself."

"Ship 83665, code 32830649."

"Ship 83665, your code is not in database, access to leave system denied."

"Look in another database moron."

"Oh.... sorry... you may procede."The Voinian Frigate shot out towards the system of the Eta Access.

"Ship 83665, where are you going?"

"To the Eta galexy, I have urgent matters."

"With a ship that old, they would have to be urgent,"The Officer laughed."Okay, I guess you can go through... just tell me secret of how your ship still flies, please"The man burst out laughing. The Frigate shot through and was sent to the other side.
---------
Aboard a patrol ship in the Haru'EL system, a rookie pilot comm.ed his partner, a veteran.
"Hey, whats that ship coming into the system."

"Hehe, that, young one, is a Voinian Frigate."

"The Voinians actually fought in those?!?"Suddenly the shpi shot out of the system.
---------
Three days later, the ship arives in the Den'Char system after being constantly asked ID numbers and govenment types.
The ship landed on the surface of Charia (What the inhabitants named it)and a man got out. His name was Grunadulater, and he was a Hinwar. About 50 other Hinwar walked out and when the Voinian Frigate was empty, a groning filled the air. The ships sides started to fold and bend, and after 5 minutes it stopped. The Hinwar slowly walked into the ship, which had turned into a city. It was thier lifes work. They began working and making fields for food. They had enough food to last them for 11 days(11 posts)
----------
Construction project: Farms
A place to grow food, duh :).1 Farm feeds 10 people.
ETA=2 posts per farm

------------------
"What is the capital of Nebraska?"
"Uhhh, 42?"
--------------------
Come visit (url="http://"http://nova6.pautsch.com/forum/intro.lasso")Nova6s Webboards(/url).

OOC:Grundulater,I colonised Den'Char a looong time ago.The spatial fold comes out in Hoth III,not Haru'El,anyway.The Wormhole exits in Haru'El.
I'm sending my updated map to you now,as well as to Carno so he can put it up.
But you're welcome to colonise the Andornik Cluster,just follow Skraine rules.

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/shades_shipyard")Shade's Shipyard(/url), the source for your ship needs.

Galactica warships and assorted construction craft in Eta Cassiopea have moved into the EC-213 system, and a colony is being constructed. Once a planetside colony is finished and ground-based defenses have been installed, a station will be constructed. The Galactica Colonization Bureau has declared Cempal V to be a restricted area for Confederate Alliance spacecraft, but ships of any other faction may come and go as they please. This is, of course, subject to change based on the behavior of other factions.

Galactica researchers have begun to work on a sort of modified freighter, which could be used to better defend Galactica worlds. It would be a basic freighter spine, with many layers of multi-stage Standoff missiles wrapped around it.

Modified Freighter ETA: 6 posts

Installation of improved shielding ETA: 2 posts

Missile grav sheath upgrade ETA: 6 posts

------------------

(This message has been edited by BattleDoctor (edited 01-02-2002).)

(This message has been edited by BattleDoctor (edited 01-02-2002).)

OOC:BattleDoctor,I'm sending you the updated Cassiopea Map too.
You may not want to colonise Cempak V,because,you see,Cempak IV is already a colony of the Skraine.
Andornik I perhaps?

While I'm at it,does anyone else need the updated map?

------------------

OOC: Thanks, Shade. The current map is so horribly outdated. Thanks for telling me that, I think I'll change my post to a different system.

------------------

OOC:Check your mail right now and you ought to find it.
(I'm trying to meet the Terrans.New Saalia is accesible through normal hyperspace,isn't it?No fancy inhibitors?)
At last,a non-OOC post!

The three expeditionary Fireblades of the Skraine Warfleet sped towards the gaping,radiation-spewing maw of the wormhole.
The swirling,churning mass of blueish light engulfed them.
For a moment time stood still;then the trio of BattleCruisers exited at the Ross 154 end of the wormhole.
Heedless of Raiek patrols,Commander Thraize directed the ships through uninhabited space to regions unexplored by the Skraine,until they reached the Shale system

------------------

OOC: I'd like to please note that I will no longer be listening to any jerk's whining about the map being outdated. Shade, just shut up, and if the map is outdated, tell me so instead of saying "The map is so incredibly horribly outdated, blah blah blah". Don't expect me to do everything instantly.

Eta Cassiopea and Milky Way Maps updated. Since I'm not sure on the status of the Ross 154 galaxy, I left it alone. Tell me if any systems need fixing.

----------------

The Confederates quickly gathered up a large colony fleet, and set off for the Andornik Cluster. They weren't sure which system they would colonize, however, so they would find that out on the way.

In the meantime, the Confeds were worridly watching to see what would happen to the Sijak, especially after they had warned them not to go into the Senn sector...

----------------

Citadel Defense System
Installation Project
ETA: COMPLETED

----------------

The Citadel Defense system was finally completely installed in all Confederate systems. The new design would now provide the Confederates with an outstanding advantage in the area of defense. But the Citadel System was only the beginning. In the far future, the Confederates were now planning on designing the new Sentinel Defense systerm, which would be even more powerful. Of course, even the preliminary designs had not yet been brought up, and the upgrade would definitely be a long way off.

The Confederates now began work on upgrading all their planetary shields. One extra generator would be installed on each planet and moon, effectively doubled the strength of all planetary shield matrixes.

----------------

Planetary Shield Upgrade
Upgrade Project
ETA: 7 Posts

Molecular Disintigrator Weaponry
Research Project:
ETA: 9 Posts

Minaturization Technology
Research Project:
ETA: 6 Posts

------------------
--------------

OOC: I'm posting this for RMA, because he can't seem to get the posting thing to work.

-------------------------

In Emalghion, the fleet has been reinforced with more ships, including several n Heavy Beam ships. They already have the latest shield technology on them, as does a large portion of the fleet. The minefields have been reinforced and redistributed considerably. They are now in hundreds of thinner layers, so that trying to knock out one section means an enemy still needs to pass through the rest of the field. The minefields are also under the control of the planets Control Center, with standby controls on all stations, and with default explosion programming incase of jamming. 3 of the stations in the system have been removed from the front lines and placed ready for retreat incase of overwhelming attack.

--------

In Leka, similar operations have been done to the minefield.

--------

Deep in Galactica space, ships continue to be built, and sent to the front lines. Galactica is ready for the Confederates to attack.

--------

Modified Freighter ETA: 5 posts

Installation of improved shielding ETA: 1 posts

Missile grav sheath upgrade ETA: 5 posts

------------------
--------------