Reign of Chaos 3 - Chapter II

ooc: Sorry, the Raiek would not mention Sijak to anyone, so the skraine can't know about them.

REDchigh is in his office, trying to relax after the news of the destroyed scout fleet came in, when an engineer comes in with some ship designs. One in particular catches his eye. Called a "Lazerus", it's an awesome ship. Would be the Raiek's "Flagship", only not quite as strong as flagship class, but could be used for assualts... Could only afford maybe 2 or 3 if all other shipbuilding was halted. Anyway, research will be begun right away. The research shouldn't take long, but the building of the prototype will take quite a while. Will have no hyperspace engines to save space, but increased maneuverability and thrust engines, and a wormhole generator. Not to mention several Thoron beams, and almost 80 Light thoron turrets(standard primary). Research will take... 18 posts, but construction will take longer.

The prototype wormhole generator is completed, and worked perfectly for transferring a small fighter to a nearby system, however much more work will be required before large vessels can be transported successfully to other systems, and probably even Milky way, Eta Cassiopea, and probably..... Andromeda...

(((OOC: STILL WAITING FOR GALACTICA!!!!)))

------------------
Dont Believe me?
Just ask the Blind Man.. He Saw it all...
------------------
post sponsored by (url="http://"http://home.dal.net/ipixinc/welcome.html")Ipix Inc. Web Design(/url)

Carno,my weapons are not that inferior to yours.Our losses ought to be equal at least.
And disabled ships cannot fire when their turrets have been blown off and their drives have been destroyed.
And a pair of Tempests would never simply charge a station-we would use WarGates and get up close and personal before you knew it.WarGates are wonderful;likewise,those Cyclones you destroyed would have 'Gated out.
And I never said anything about them being civilians.I said that the Skraine ships(250 vessels)attacked without warning.IE the confederates aren't expecting them.
If you mean that my statement that the Confeds were mostly in the new systems,then that was based on availiable informaton.You haven't mentioned Horon'Chars recently,so I assumed that nothing was going on there.
AND YOU CANNOT HAVE A BATTLESTATION!WHEN YOU MOVED INTO HORON'CHARS YOU SAID A "FORTIFIED BASE"!A BATTLESTATION TAKES TIME TO BUILD!ANY KIND OF STATION TAKES TIME TO BUILD!AND IT NEVER APPEARED ON YOUR DEVELOPMENT LIST!
And have you realised that you've put 150 vessels in this engagement,added 50 reinforcements,and stated earlier that 225 Confederate vessels were in Eta Cassiopea?Life is sweet for the Skraine-if I win this battle,then your colonies are goodbye.
Grundulator,sorry.Didn't realise you were cloaked.
REDCHIGH,you did mention the Sijak.You offered the Skraine an alliance when we first met,and said that "the only conditions would be that you do not have peaceful relations with the Sijak and Haorn."
Implying that the two races mentioned above are enemies of the Raiek.

K'Sarragh sends an urgent hail to the Galactica;
"Friend Galactica,our offensive against the Confederates in Horon'Chars has not gone well.
Although we will probably win through force of numbers alone,we would appreciate your assistance in this engagement,or at least assistance in blockading the Spatial Fold.
Meanwhile the Confederates have thrown 200 of their 225 warships in Eta Cassiopea into this conflict,and other Confederate systems ought to be easy takings.
Should you conquer them,you may retain them."

Note:
The Skraine have 1750 vessels in total.1000 of those are held for system defense.
100 of the remaining 750 vessels are acting as reinforcements in Haru'El,250 are in the battle in Horon'Chars.
That leaves 400 vessels.

K'Sarragh then sent a message to the Skraine worlds proper;
"From K'Sarragh,Magistrate of the Skraine,to Tereknor,High Admiral and Councillor for the WarFleet.
Tereknor,we need more vessels in this sector;I'm requesting 200."

In Hoth X,the megaminers finished carving out the main access tunnel,and began to dig out the central habitation cylinder.The rock mined would be processed for ore,cruhed into powder,and lined on the floor of the cylinder as dirt.

---------------
ETA until Tornado and Plocket complete:3 posts
ETA until Watchstone complete:13 posts

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/shades_shipyard")Shade's Shipyard(/url), the source for your ship needs.

Shade, re-post that on the new chapter, would you? And maybe take the capitals off?

------------------
Word.

(deleted)

(This message has been edited by Espona (edited 11-19-2001).)