Golden Horizon - Part 3

The Igadzra battlefleet had set off for NSI-2389, passing through Saopallo and Draco. Meanwhile, another fifteen Izars had been produced, but news had come in that no more would be built for a few days - the treasurers were complaining, and thus money was being reserved for the two projects at the Gateway.

Meanwhile, a message was sent to the Kirans, Azdgari, Renegade Alliance and Horoth suggesting an attack on the Akrahd.

Gateway: IGAZRADA Production
Type: Dreadnought Construction

Gateway: Project SAI
Type: SAE Upgrade Research

------------------
Word.

(This message has been edited by SilverDragon (edited 10-15-2001).)

Gunadulater orders the warpgate to be stoped, using all spare parts of it to make as many dreadnaughts as he could, preferabley 2 more.
------
Rigadaz was haveing a trial.
Grunadulater looked at Rigadaz.
"You scum. You said you would conquer. Instead you were destroyed. What makes you think you deserve to live."
"I am your ruler. Grunadulater this is the las-"
"NO! Tell me!"
"I feel that i will do good if you give me another chance." Grunadulater looked disgusted.
"I see,"He turned around and picked something up. It was a laser rifle,
"You have failed."Grunadulater pulled the trigger...
-------
A brodcast reached all ediens:
"Greetings Fellow ediens, your emperor is gone. I am the new emperor. The foul aliens have destroyed our homes and familys, now it is time to stike back. Organize a armada and we will attack when our dreadnaughts are complete."
--------
7 Dreadnaughts=7 posts
Warpgate scrapped=8 posts worth.

------------------
"Are you sure the powers off?"

(This message has been edited by grunadulater (edited 10-15-2001).)

OOC: ...and there we have a pretty major character death. 😉

------------------
Word.

Who said I was dead? 😉 (I think I'll let Grundulater carry his vagueness on further.)

------------------
<XXXXXXXL===============>
When did I go Insane?
<XXXXXXXL

The new Emperor looked at the crumpled body of what was once the most powerful Edien in their galaxy-spanning Empire.

"Dispose of it," Grundulater ordered the nearest Edien, without even looking towards the body again, putting it all out of his mind. Rigadaz was inadequate; he was inable to perform against the motely and pathetic aliens rising against the Edien Grand Empire.

In all reality, Rigadaz was too much of a visionary. He could never concentrate on the present, and the majority of his plans were being scrapped in lieu of supposed better ones. He wasn't really helping the Edien cause, just adding to it's downfall.

But Grundulater couldn't think of Rigadaz's failed atempts over the years. He had to stop the alien menace before his predacessor's work was completely destroyed.
••••••••••*****••••••••••
The gaurd began dragging the body of the once mighty Edien across the floor; the ultimate irony and disrespect for the person who had saved the Empire after the death of Myrk'Thyr, making Rigadaz one of the greater Edien's to have taken control of thier Empire.

On his way to the garbage chute, he caught sight of some of his fellow workers. Right outside the main docking ring.

Tired of the weight of the former Emperor's body, the gaurd dropped him to the floor and went to chat with his friends for a few minutes. He thought he saw the body twitch, but he assured himself he was imagining things.

Those few minutes turned into a half-hour, and when the gaurd returned, the body of the deceased Emperor wasgonemissing. As well as a single Edien Interceptor from the docking ring.

------------------
<XXXXXXXL===============>
When did I go Insane?
<XXXXXXXL

MOD: Revoked, Grundy. If you want to build 7 dreadnaughts in 7 posts, then give up all of your possessions in the other galaxies, scrap a third of your fleet, and go bankrupt. It just isn't possible. It took 20 posts just to build 1 Dreadnaught.

As for the status of the dreadnaught; it is now undergoing final preparations for battle (getting the crew, training the crew and having them get used to the ship, taking onboard supplies, etc.) in the Thorosk system.

----------------------------

The Federation fleet jumped into the Gadzair system, catching the Ediens off guard. A swarm of vessels charged the Ediens, letting loose a hellish hail of gunfire which destroyed many Edien vessels.

Azdaras flew through space as streaks of pure energy arced across the sky. Warships exploded left and right, fighters collided, warheads detonated, the Federation was unleashing its full anger against the Ediens.

As the battle raged around the Gadzair system, a group of Edien Destroyers pounced on the U.F.S. Echo Hunter; Admiral Johnsons command ship. The Federation Battlecruiser fired off a full spread of sub-space torpedoes, turning two of the destroyers into burning hulks.

However, the other three took a heavy toll on the Echo Hunter, blasting apart its shields and knocking off primary power. As auxillary power and several redundent shield power systems kicked in, a strike squadron of Azdaras descended on the destroyers, knocking all three of them out in a blast of phase fire.

As Johnson and what remained of the bridge crew struggled to bring back main power, an Edien Battlecruiser moved forward towards the Echo Hunter. As the Azdaras tried to stop it, the Edien Battlecruiser prepared to fire a spread of quantum torpedoes...

Meanwhile, the frigate U.F.S. Cetac, commanded by Captain Daniel Archis, was blowing apart the hulk of an Edien Battlecruiser, when Daniel saw the Echo Hunter being assaulted by an Edien Battlecruiser. “He won’t make it! Helm, move us full speed into a position between the Echo Hunter and the Edien Battlecruiser! Now!”

The Cetac ran full speed into position, just as a spread of quantum torpedoes rammed into it. As explosions rocked the smashed frigate, the Echo Hunter, safe with the brave act of Captain Archis, now had main power back online. The battlecruiser charged ahead and prepared to fire all of its weapons at the Edien battlecruiser.

“Take this you jerks,” Johnson said. “Fire.”

The Echo Hunter let off a massive stream of weapons fire at the Edien battlecruiser. As Azdaras swarmed and hammered it with phase fire, heavy weapons ordinance annihilated the battlecruisers shields then impacted into the hull. With a massive explosion of red hot light, the Edien Battlecruiser disintigrated.

------------------
If at first you don't succeed...Hit it harder! - Me
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

As the Sladerei fleet was moving towards their new planet, a sens of liberty gained their heart. It had been a long time since they ever encountered a friendly galaxy. Psack had sent an Alliance frigate, two destroyers and ten fighters to the Voinian training camp. Even if he knew that the Voinians would learn a lot about the Sladerei's military, he had accepted because he would knew a lot more about the Voinians, the Ediens and further one about the Federation that was also at war against the Edien.

What a feeling it would be for the pilots that would attack for the second time the Ediens in a few after a pause of three hundred years. Kicking buts is always welcomed...

In the middle of the trip, Psack had received good news from the governor of DSN-7962. the population was not too hangry against their "invaders", since they were the Nebula was dangerous.

The engineers were working hard to prepare the material to let the Sladerei grow rapidely on DSN-7962, and did not had a lot of time to sleep. That is the price to pay for a life time event!

------------------
Salutations Å• la vie

North Tip Asteriod Belt

Amongst a thousand million spinning rocks and ice, a single prinpoint of light formed. It opened up to form a slipstream point in a less populated area of asteroids and spinning chunks. From it lept a single fighter, her emerald hull gleaming in the light of a star. The jump point closed up and the fighter was all alone in the belt.

Sisay sat in the pilot seat of the Calan, shaking his head from that last ride. It was a grand sensation with flying the modifyed slipstream drive. He regained his composure in time to see a rather stupid looking asteriod, as ugly looking as an Edien, come spinning towards the fighter. With a quick thrust of the controls, Sisay brought the fighter sideways, barely missing the surface of the 'roid. He quickly hit the console and a interface of light appeared over the cockpit window, showing a dense and endless supply of asteriods, many of them the size of small moons. He checked the area he was in for twelve minutes before relaxing somewhat.

No Edien could keep up with the Calan in slipstream, not when they didn't have a modified drive. With a quick hit of the console, Sisay brought down the light screen and inniated a sudden slipstream point. With seconds later, the Asteroid Belt was once alone empty save for endless chunks of spinning rock and ore. Sisay on the other hand was having the ride of his life...

------------------
(url="http://"http://pub51.ezboard.com/fquillzfrm4.showMessage?topicID=10.topic")A Pilot's memory(/url)
"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of congress. But I repeat myself." -- Mark Twain

The I.S.S Templar, leading about a hundred Igadzra vessels, including ships from Dragon Claw entered the NSI-2389 system, weapons charged. There, they met two hundred Akrahd vessels, which had gathered in the short time to defend. More might be coming, but as for now, there were only two hundred.

With turbophased weaponry, and led by one of the most magnificent vessels ever built, the Igadzra were confident of their victory.

Meanwhile, back at the Gateway, things were getting along.

-----------------------------------

Gateway: IGAZRADA Production
Type: Dreadnought Construction

Gateway: Project SAI
Type: SAE Upgrade Research

------------------
Word.

(This message has been edited by SilverDragon (edited 10-17-2001).)

Orbiting around the DSN-7962's only habitable planet, the S.S.S. Savior was ready to send its six millions colonists down on Veruna. Psack had to meet Veruna's governor, G'rund Crutflit, but a riote in front of his building had forced him to postpone the the encounter. If he was not going tocalm them, less voinians would get out of the planet to move to their new location.

Two days later, Crutflit and Psack met and realized that the life of Veruna would be harsh: two volcanos were under eruption and floods were raging in the south pole. However, the plains of the Brutid continent were rich in vegetal life. Since the Sladerei were about the same height as the Voinians, the infrastructure of many cities was not to be adaptated. However, the location of the cities were too fare apart, the Sladerei community being small, would not be able to grow rapidely.

As voinian transport ships were moving towards homeland,Psack had a feeling of statisfaction, he had realized what no other Sladerei man could have done. They now had a lo and they could build a home on it.

In a few years, he would see the emergence of the Sladerei in the region, commercing and growing like they never did. But it was still a dream in most heads.

------------------
Salutations Å• la vie

Nova quickly ordered that the Grenits system be abandoned and left to the Sladerei. After all, it was fairly easy, seeing that Grenits was a military base, not a colony.

Meanwhile, 2 new Voinian dreadnaughts were built (the Voinians already have 6 others). The new Praetor and Bloodshed were then sent to the front lines to serve as command ships for two new admirals.

------------------
Long live the Rebellion!
---------------------
(url="http://"http://www.pautsch.com/nova6")Visit my cool EV website!(/url) Also, check out my cool new (url="http://"http://pub55.ezboard.com/bevandevodiscussionboard")webboard!(/url)

OCC:
Are you triing to erase a month of history or triing to influence an allready path. What a woulfd do a nation trapped in the "middle" of Voinian space, it would be like traping British in "Swasyland", all surrounded by South Africa. I might be a minor character, but honor will stand.

IC:

In his room, Psack received a message from the governor of Veruna. It was bad news, one million voininas did not want to leave their planet. Psack had to pay a visit to Veruna to let the voinian citizens see to whom they were leaveing their home. Psack had prepared a speech in "voinian" to be closer to them, as well as the possibility of cohabitation.

Still, voinian were patriotic and quiet harsh towards was they were loosing. He would go and hope that he would let a good impression to the voinians.

Psack walked in his room, repeating his speech and analysing what counter arguments they could use. He received a message from Nova6 that was saying that a new meting should be done. In a two hours, he would be the first Sladerei being that would touch ground for the past two hundred years.

------------------
Salutations Å• la vie

The ediens had recovered, and waves of ships were coming out of the planet.From other systems, messages came and warships shot into hyperspace.Vollys of missiles flew towards the two flagships, espacially the Echo. Suddenly, a beam of light apeared on the planet.It grew brighter and into a huge laser bolt. the bolt headed strait towards the Cetrac, incenterating any other ships in its path. When he bolt reached the ship, the Cetrac was engulfed in a ball of pure energy...
---
In the system the Warpgates old structure was in, a space repair droid on the old station had picked up the 3 Kyhydron crystals that powered the gate and flew toward the heart of the gates triangle. There it lay the three crystals in a small pod that didnt move. Near it, a battlecrusier had been storing energy for a very long time, and now all that energy, every last ounce of it, was being poured into its laser battery. The shot flew across space and hit the crystals.the energy relesed from them started a tear in space grunadulaters droid had hoped for...

------------------

MOD: Both Nelsons and Grundy's posts revoked.

Nelson; as Nova stated, Grenits is a military base. It'd be lucky to have 100,000 Voinian soldiers on it. Believe me, the Voinians would leave when they were ordered to.

Grundy; erm, it would take time to bring in all those reinforcements, not to mention that you never before stated anything about planetary defense cannons. Also, it would be too late to blow up the Cetac; it already saved the Echo Hunter.

-------------------

The Federation raider fleet fought back with ferocity, destroying dozens of Edien warships. As Ediens dropped like flies, the Echo Hunter was forced to pull out and head back to Federation space.

Suddenly, another Voinian fleet of 4,000 vessels hyperspaced in and sent a message to the Ediens...

"Don't mess with the Voinians. Remember forever this day."

With aid from the Voinians, the Federation delt serious losses to the Edien fleet. Finally, however, they turned around and hyperspaced out. They had delt serious damage to the Ediens, had boosted the morale of the Federation, and had avenged those killed during the original raid on Gadzair...

Meanwhile, the Cetac, it's broken body blasted and scorched, was towed away by Federation warships. Captain Archis had been killed, but had saved the life of his superior...

------------------
--------------
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

(This message has been edited by Captain Carnotaur (edited 10-17-2001).)

(This message has been edited by Captain Carnotaur (edited 10-17-2001).)

Originally posted by Admiral Nelson:
OCC:
Are you triing to erase a month of history or triing to influence an allready path. What a woulfd do a nation trapped in the "middle" of Voinian space, it would be like traping British in "Swasyland", all surrounded by South Africa. I might be a minor character, but honor will stand.

URGH...

Nelson, I've tried to ignore this, but it's just getting extremely annoying! The Voinians are not interested in blowing away a small government like yourself! They are, for the most part, interesting in only defeating the Ediens. Just cut it out with all the paranoid statements!

-----------------

Over 40,000 vessels had been called up the front. The Voinians were reinforcing their territory around Mirava, and were also planning for a another offensive to try and push into the North Tip.

Meanwhile, another 10,000 vessels had been called up to help reinforce the Federation in the Igadzra sector. Yet another 60,000 vessels, led by Fleet Admiral Nahar, were assigned to the Mirava system to wait for furthur orders. Nova6 was obviously planning increased military action, as was the Federation; who had just sent them a message relaying that the offensive to recapture the Igadzra sector would resume shortly...

------------------
Long live the Rebellion!
---------------------
(url="http://"http://www.pautsch.com/nova6")Visit my cool EV website!(/url) Also, check out my cool new (url="http://"http://pub55.ezboard.com/bevandevodiscussionboard")webboard!(/url)

OOC: Carnotaur, would you be so kind as to either hunt down Immortal Firefly or take the Akrahd defence?

------------------
Word.

Nelson pushes the rewind button:

As the S.S.S Savior rotates around Grenits, transport ships are letting the slowly the six millions of Sladerei have their first walk on solid ground, Psack thanks Nova6 for its patience. And hopes that a better future will rise on this universe.

Psack looked at the great job he had done...

------------------
Salutations Å• la vie

Originally posted by SilverDragon:
**OOC: Carnotaur, would you be so kind as to either hunt down Immortal Firefly or take the Akrahd defence?

I'll take over Akrahd defense.

--------------

While the Akrahd ships fought to slow down the Igadzra, the rest of the Akrahd navy was setting up a defense wall. NSI-2389 was already considered a loss, so the Akrahd decided that their best bet would be to; abandon NSI-2389, Ikrahd, and Skrahd, and reinforce Akrahd Minor and Akrahd itself as much as they could.

Meanwhile, shipyard production had been increased to the breaking point. So far since the Battle of NSI-231 the Akrahd had produced 160 more ships, with 170 more on the way. Their only hope now was to fortify their remaining systems to defend against the Igadzra onslaught...

------------------
--------------

On Grenits, workers, engineers, scientists, pilots, people were working hard to prepare the arrival of the six million citizens. Even if they would not arrive at the same time, the voinian base had a maximum capacity of 80 000 voinian soldiers. There were already twenty thousand Sladerei men and women working on building new houses and complexes to accomodates tgier fellows.

The spaceport was the main area where the actions were taking place: Transports, shuttles, freighters were coming and leaving from their pads to the S.S.S. Savior to gather material. The base had to be upgraded to Sladerei standarts, expended until new cities were to be built. Since the air pollution had been reduced to minimum by the voinians, the sulfurous grounds of certain areas had to be decontamined to harvest crop in a few weeks.

Three transport vessels were patroling the planet in order to determine the best sites to creat the first Sladerei city and permanent capital in the Milky Way. The team of scientist found a small continent that's plains could be turned into fields and that's valley could become touristic sites. Unfortunatly, the time restrictions compressed their valuable sites to one, a solid piece of earth, named Sborb'urt. In three months a city of 500 000 inhabitants would see its first lights in houses.

Another team of explorers were analysing grenit's soils from space to determine where metal could be found. Until then, they would have to count on the fantastic reserves from the S.S.S. Savior, evolving up over them.

Psack landed on Grenit and felt a releft. Now he was to orchester to the Sladerei earthlings instead of Sladerei "spacelings". He feared that they would be tired from working twelve hours a day but a young woman came with the idea of alternating the shifts of work to let every Sladerei work. Her name was Miella Olivier. With this proposition, the sense of solidarty was stronger than ever.

In the next days, the space port was adapted, the shipyards, hangars changed to fit with Sladerei vessels. The housing facilities were up to acommodate about 122 000 Sladerei colonists.

When the next day arose on Sladeria, workers were already awoken, hands on tools and merchandise. Psack could not have wished a better changement of life for his people.

------------------
Salutations Å• la vie

Carno, i never sent reinforcements, i said they were coming.ok i was wrong about the ship i hit, not i hit the other one.oh yeah...

Originally posted by me a while ago:
the head scientist walked up to grundulater.
"sir, i have been looking at the attack records and i think i see what we need.they're called PDC's, planetary defence cannons.if we can research the ground to space energy tech(which would take about 5 posts), we could get one of these on every planet we own right now in 1 week(2 posts)and every new planet in 2 weeks(4 posts).
"do it as soon as posible."
---------------
dreadnaught=12 posts
stations=2 posts
vengence=3 posts
antimines=6 posts
PDC=7 posts

there.

------------------