Golden Horizon - Part 3

Quickly, the Igadzra forces regrouped, and as they saw the Akrahd ship charge them, they opened up on it. It began to explode, even as it collided into SilverDragon's personal ship. The Igazra exploded in a sheer mass of fire, taking down two Izars. An escape pod rushed out, bearing SilverDragon, no doubt.

The Igadzra forces opened concentrated fire on a number of larger Akrahd vessels, at SilverDragon's command. The ships, about 20, fell quickly and easily, but instead of being destroyed they were merely disabled. SilverDragon's plan was to use their weight to cause devastation among the Akrahd ranks.

Using repulsors beams, the Igadzra ships hurled the large Akrahd warships into the ranks of the Akrahd army. The warships smashed against other warships, exploding. The damages caused were not too great, but before the Akrahd could recover the Igadzra were upon them.

Izars moved in packs of six, rising above the main Akrahd force then swooping down on one unsuspecting Akrahd fleet ship, before performing a U-turn and turning back. Izagas and Igazras charged in a huge frontal, and with the Akrahd ships out of line, they caused devastation.

They targetted, as a mass, one knot of Akrahd ships - the Akrahd were widely dispersed by the blasts - and quickly slaughtered it. The force then pushed it's way through, Izagas mainly concentrating on frontal attacks while the Igazras took targets to their side. SAE modules whizzed in space, not heading for nearby targets, but in large groups heading for near perfect condition Akrahd warships - enough in each group to pull the warship down.

In about two minutes, the Igadzra force had broken right through the disorganised Akrahd lot, and the Izars swiftly moved higher in space, then coming lower, reaching the Igadzra fleet ships but avoiding the Akrahd by "leaping" over them.

The Akrahd began to organise their forces, but the whole in their army made it ever more difficult to organise their forces, especially since most fire had hit against warships.

Both forces were organised and ready for the next swoop...

Losses
Igadzra
Lost: 30
Remaining: 70

Akrahd
Lost: 120
Remaining: 130

------------------
That's all very nice, but where are the guns?
- SilverDragon

deleted

(This message has been edited by Captain Whitehawk (edited 08-24-2001).)

OOC: Uh oh. Whitehawk, I think you clicked the wrong button (the quote one instead of edit). 🙂

------------------
If at first you don't succeed...Hit it harder! - Me
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

the four BC's soon knew thier duty.The captain on the lead BC ordered 2 bc's to hyperjump right at the Saer and the other 2 to ram.that ship was going down if it was the last thing they did in the battle...
----------
dreadnaught=8 posts
dreadnaught station=7 posts
Classified=27 posts
------------------
I bet there darn tasty to.

(This message has been edited by grunadulater (edited 08-25-2001).)

OOC: Ah, gruny, even though I'm not in any modeartor postion in GH, but I do know one thing. A ship can't jump into hyperspace then exit a single second later at a specific target just a bit aways. One reason is, it would take a bit to open a jump point to hyperspace. Second of all, you'd be literly a sitting duck as you enter hyperspace. Then there is the posibilty of ships collasping the point. But I will defer to Carnotaur's judgement.

------------------
(url="http://"http://pub51.ezboard.com/fquillzfrm4.showMessage?topicID=10.topic")A Pilot's memory(/url)
"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of congress. But I repeat myself." -- Mark Twain

After the last binational meeting, Nelson had a strange feelings: either the Voinians
were xenophobic or they had enslaved many enemies and we could be the next ones.
He quickly trow out his idea of his mind and ask miniComm mister to get him a new
face to face with Nova6 in the S.S.S Savior. The great emperor would see that the
Sladerei Solidarity could be of a great help to the Voinians, forgetting slaves! They
knew a lot of things: from docking stuff, ECM to maneuvrability. The only thing
they lack was a population. But it would come when they would have a planet.
That was exactly what he was going to discust with Nova6. Mutual sharing could
be a good start. They had a docking port but limited access to supplies, no research
could continue. They had to slow down the particles scoop prototype, the FSS's
development. This had to change, in two weeks, its was worst than to be drifting
into open vaccum.

The Sladerei Solidarity didn't remembered at all what it was to have neighbours!
It would soon change after the meeting as they were the best in adaptibility.

------------------
Salutations Å• la vie

MOD: Correct, Whitehawk. Grundy; the Edien Battlecruiser has a rather slow acceleration due to its large mass, which is about 4,500 tons. Thus, unless you were VERY far away, hyperspacing and normal ramming aren't that much different. Even if you did accelerate to slipstream speeds, you wouldn't even hit the ship; you'd go right through it. It's part of the inner-workings on slipstream/sub-space slipstream technology. I'll publish something on that soon. If you went a little slower than normal velocity, then you'd knock out part of the shields of the Saer, but the battlecruiser would disintigrate and never even hit the ship.

But, overral, you can still do it Grundy, but it doesn't really matter. 🙂

------------------
--------------
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

OOC: Please don't revoke or object to this post. I put a great deal of time and thought into it. It would be considered a turning point.

Hawk wacthed the battlecrusiers coming in at ramming speed and cursed. The Saer may be ship a kilometer and a half larger then a battlecrusier, but even she could be destroyed by a ramming ship. The Kisani thought in one fast moment. “Saer, charge all twenty forward batteries and bring those turrets to bear! Federation cruiser Aelic, we need your help. Target the rear two battlecrusiers and fire all you’ve got.” The fedearation vessel veered off but and managed to get off a few topedoes to each Edien ship, but it was overcome by a pack of twenty fighters.

Hawk wacthed as the image of the Saer fired forth a massive burst of white energy, becoming a single coherant beam; it was the firepower of all twenty disruptor beams. The burst caught one of the battlecrusiers head on, and within seconds was cut in pieces. The blast was fired again, but only ten cannons fired, the others having need to cool down first. The blast was not powerful enough to destroy it. Turret fire barrage hit the ship full on, but still it came. Something caught HawkÂ’s eye and he turned from the image of the Saer to the left. What he saw made his swear a Kisani oath so old and strong that it would drop a Voinian dead because of its sheer meaning.

A group of twelve battlecrusiers and eight destroyers had sneaked up on the Saer...

Hawk turned back to see three of the four charging BCs gone. Only one was left, but it was no longer at ramming speed. The Kisani understood instantly and let loose another curse. Seconds later, the two kilo long Crusader shook as dozens of ordinace fire hit her shields. Within one minute, the mighty vessel was beset by 21 Edien warships, and their weapons were pounding. Worse then that, many more Edien vessels were cutting down any ship that moved to resuce the Kiran battleship.

Sparks flew all about the room and the holographic images started to waver and fade. The last image Hawk saw of the Saer was a massive explosion on the port side of the bridge and one along Deck Twenty Five, where the gardens were. “Warning, weapons systems are going offline. Life support failing, enviromental controls failing. Hull breaches on decks one, twelve, eight, thirty-seven, sixty three, and eighty-nine. Cassulites are high.” The Saer’s voice was fading, but still was loud enough. There were one thousand people onboard, yet they knew what Hawk was about to do would be for the best. All escape pods would be shot down or captured anyways.

The ship shook again and a large piece of deck plating fell down from the celling...directly above the Kisani commander. Hawk was quick, but not quick enough. The chunk fell down on Hawk and he was caught at the waist. Agonizing pain shot through the Kisani and he nearly blacked out. The Crusader was dying and so was Hawk. It was no use in trying to move it as he was already crushed; moving it would only kill the Kiran leader faster, and he needed to do two last things.

With great pain Hawk moved his hand to tap the wristlink on his wrist. Two quick commands and the first thing was done, a message had been sent. Hawk then took a deep breath and blood flaked his lips. With a difficult time, he spoke. “Saer, activate...the...weapons grid and overload it. Pow..power up the disruptors and shield grids remianing and set it at 200% above average. And as last order, acti....activate auto destruct, thirty second count down.”

The Saer’s voice responded hazily. “Done as requested Commander. It has been a pleasure serving under your command. Fates see you well.” With that the voice faded altogether.

Hawk Kael lie dying on the floor of the dying ship. As he did in those thirty seconds, his life flashed before his eyes. He had lived well over two centuries, a fact that no one ever knew save him. In his time, he had seen much greatness in the galaxy. In his life he had been a renegade, a warrior, a mercenary and defender, and in the end, Kiran. In his veins ran the blood of a hudered hundered generations of proud warriors and schollars, and he had done his job. The Kiran were known and would now fight to the end, no matter what the cost. He saw and had seen the greatness in many people; Daedulus who organized the Renegades into an alliance and whoÂ’s name would be known for centuries to come; Carnotaur, who founded what was to become one of the strongest forces in the galaxy. Other names flashed before his mind, and in the end they stopped. Hawk Kael was dead...

Three seconds later, the sound of a massive explosion rocked and filled the dead of space as a huge shock wave engulfed the 21 ships in its grip. When the shock wave disapted, nothing was left of the Saer, a Crusader and the only ship of her class, or the Edien vessels that had fired on her.

Kayia

There was a beep in CarnotaurÂ’s rooms and office. It was a message recieved from the Saer, a specific holo-image that was meant for the President. There it would sit dormant until Carnotaur checked on it.

------------------
(url="http://"http://pub51.ezboard.com/fquillzfrm4.showMessage?topicID=10.topic")A Pilot's memory(/url)
"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of congress. But I repeat myself." -- Mark Twain

Kryptauros was finally picked up from the excape pod the ship was being rattle a bit from explosions.

Then somebody fired a nuke. Kryptauros and his fleet left and the Igadzra got smoked. SD suffered a fatal heart attack. The End
😉

Both fleets were head and head. Nobody was firing a shot. This was a good thing for the Akrahd so that the Plasma weapons could recharge and cool. They were loading in the Akrahd Missles and Repairing what they could on the ships. They could see that the Igadzra had about 19 mostly functional Igazras. The rest were Igazas and Izars. The Akrahd had about 20 battleships and 30 carriers and the rest were fighters and such.

Then Kryptauros thought or something.

"Markolov! Get over here," Kryptauros yelled.
"Yes sir I'm here."
"Can we arm the remaining nukes on the disabled ships."
"Well yes we can. I will get working on it immediately!"
"We could ram those into the fleet and while they are shooting those we can shoot the Igazras. That would take them down quite a bit and there fleet would be easy to destroy. Arm the nukes. Now!"
"Yes sir."
"Heavy Fighter 991-2333 has been armed.
"BattleShip 87-963f has been armed."
"Gunship 9870-00 has been armed"
"Heavy Fighter 43-ui77 has been armed."
"Gunship pop900-s has been armed"
"Carrier 790999-op has been armed"

"Ok all battleships get together and push them towards the fleet. If they move out of the way shoot the ships so the shockwave will get them out of order. Then we need to kick some butt!

Oh and SD......I just relized this but my carriers/battleships are now stronger than your Igazras. The carriers are just shy. I don't know if Carnotaur updated it or something but they used to be quite weak. Hmm I wonder why?

------------------
Reech is coming.
Get ready for it.

OOC: I was under the impression you had no Battleships in that fleet (they were all fighting the Horoth), that your vessels were all weaker, and that the Igadzra had the highest percentage of warships, but in your view I think it shows the Akrahd as having the highest percentage of warships.

You know better than I where the Akrahd stand, but I can't see their fleet as being so much superior now, if at the beginning they were equal forces.

------------------
That's all very nice, but where are the guns?
- SilverDragon

When the shock wave in mark disipated, the ediens were more than ever cocky and were starting to beat the others to pieces.as they all were low on missile, every last missile they had(except reserve missiles) was being fired at the large ships while the smaller ones were being taken out by fighters.
-----------
dreadnaught=7 posts
dreadnaught station=6 posts
Classified=26 posts

------------------

MOD: Incorrect partially. An Akrahd Carrier can be easily destroyed by an Igazra, but you'd need two Igazras to take down an Akrahd Battleship, and they would both have to attack at the same time and one would be destroyed.

As for ship counts:

Igadzra:
Total: 70
25 Igazras
25 Izagas
20 Izars

Akrahd
Total: 130
Battleships: 20
Carriers: 10 (Carriers are a new addition and not common)

I won't count the other types.

Also, IFF; you don't have nukes, at least not in your fleet.

-------------------

It was at this moment the rest of the reinforcement fleet, led by Benden himself, arrived. It was composed of about 2,100 ships, with another 200 on the way. Benden looked around, but his face fell when he saw the wreckage of the Saer. He immediately ordered that all weapons be fired at maximum rate. The Ediens tried to move towards the newly arrived fleet, but they were instantly met by a hail of weapons fire and projectiles. They tried four times to attack the Fed fleet, but each time they were hit by a hail of gunfire. Finally, the two fleets clashed, and the Federation fought with extremely fierceness. Azdaras strafed Edien warships and dueled with Edien interceptors as Fed capitol warships moved in to kill Edien Battlecruisers...

------------------
--------------

As the new ships came in, the ediens werent even surprised.All attention turned to the fighters and heavy crusiers.It wasnt a very smart this to do when the first collisions were made by the other races, for now any edien with very low armour was doing it.every now and then, a few ships would go down on the planet, followed by more, to get refilled with missiles.in a few minutes the ediens had lost several BC's, but ehy had eather self destructed near a cluster of enemys or rammed and then self destructed.
------------
dreadnaught=6 posts
dreadnaught station=5 posts
Classified=25 posts
PDC=6 posts
------------------

(This message has been edited by grunadulater (edited 08-25-2001).)

The Federation response was simple; do the same thing. All ships that were near-death were to ram enemy Edien ships, either that or self destruct near them. The Federation slowly gained an advantage over the Ediens. Then, a group of light cruisers, frigates, and azdaras moved over to the station and planet and began to bombard the bases. The Ediens sent ships over to help them, but they were met by another wave of Federation ships which destroyed them and added to the bombarding fleet. The Ediens tried several more times to get rid of this fleet before sending their entire fleet at them. However, the Federation fleet grouped around them, surrounding the Ediens, and closed in. There was mass chaos for the Ediens as Federation warships charged forward. Then, another fleet of Federation warships, 100 vessels total, arrived. They weren't much help, but it was a good strategy to suddenly surprise your enemy by bringing in reinforcements suddenly and doing a quick charge against them.

------------------
--------------

As the Federation fleet battled the Edien ships, chaos was near gripped on Kiran forces. That is until a jump point opened and from slipstream dropped the Crusader, late to battle from a raid on Notil system. Captain Ravens had seen the explosion herself, and while she was saddened to see an old friend die, she needed to restore order. As of now, the Crusader was the most advanced Kiran ship on the field; and her captain was pissed.

Ravens tapped a few commands into her command console and opened a channel to the entire remaining fleet. “To all ships, this the Crusader. As of now, I’m taking command. Ravens out.” The captain tapped the console again and gave the order for the three azdaras to launch. The bay doors opened and the fighters came out.

The Crusader joined the battle immediately, forward quantum battery and turrets firing at every Edien ship that moved. Five Lazrias, two Zidaras, and an element of sixteen Zacha fighters clustered around the ship, their weapons fire joinig the CrusaderÂ’s. The Kiran had lost one leader, they wouldnÂ’t loss another.

The Ediens soon realized that cockiness has the habbit of backfiring. For every Kiran ship that died, three Edien warships would fall as well. The Kiran were akin to the Zacha of seven years prior; they were some of the best in the galaxy.

Sisay overlooked the three newfound toys from a balcony above the primary docking bay. The captain had never seen ships like that in over a decade; not since the Voinian Empire took the UE. In a sense he was happy about this find. Had he known about the SaerÂ’s destruction, it wouldÂ’ve been a different story.

Sisay looked back to padd in his hand, a record of the carrierÂ’s logs. Apparently the ships had been well stocked as all five fighters had been acounted for on the carrier and all ships sported decent amount of missiles and old style rockets. Blaze turrets, now considered ancient technology, graced the shipsÂ’ hulls. Too bad there were no cruisers. It was a strange thing about these ships; they had apparently disappered over twelve years ago in 2158. There was no trace of the crew or even any signs of inhabbitants. Desptie being twelve years obselete and out of date, they could give the Kiran some much needed firepower. That or spare sparts.

Sisay left the docking bay and headed deeper into Racet. For a while he walked until he reached his destiantion. The R&D; room was full of scientists working on the new eon weaponry. Sisay walked up to the main tech and said, “How’s the research going, doctor?”

The scientist jumped slightly, but didn’t turn. “We’ve managed to adapt certain formulas to create the energy. We also found out that the cannons and turrets will be needing a certain crystal to keep it going, but the belts about the the system hold enough of those. Aradas are coming and going, bringing them back as we speak. We just hope it doesn’t prove wrong.”

Sisay nodded and said only, “Keep up the good work, doctor.” With that the captain headed out and back to the bay.

Project Name: Eon Research
Type: weaponry
Time til completion: 4 posts

------------------

And of course nothing in the system saw all the Edien ships evacuating from the planet.The warships had led everyone far away from the planet.As the last ships were going into space, the Feds saw them and ran after them, destroying only cargo, but lots of it.The warships took this time to attack all the Kisan ships, not caring at all about the others.As a cluster of fighters saw the Crusader, they all started launching everything they had.A group of nearly 30 missiles clustered togeather but not to close, hit the Crusader with so much force, it actually threw the ship a bit.From behind, fighters rammed the engines and self-destructed at the last second.Then all of a sudden, from hyperspace came a small edien fighter.The thing looked pathetic, only some large fuel tanks, a few engines, and a few missiles straped to it.It looked like a scout type ship.It was heading strait toward the Crusader, going extreamly fast as it came out of the hyperlink.Realising far to late what this ship really was, the weapons officer called all fire to it.Unknown to them another one exactly like it zoomed in on the other side.The first ship was nearly on the Crusader when it detonated.a large explosion singed the shields and destroyed a few edien fighters and a damaged a lazira but that was all.The other one, on the other hand, was not shot down and destroyed 3 zachit fighters and greatly damaged a Zidara.About 250 ships all of a sudden flew strait toward the Crusader and its escorts at ramming speed.....
------------------
dreadnaught=5 posts
dreadnaught station=4 posts
Classified=24 posts
PDC=5 posts

------------------

(This message has been edited by grunadulater (edited 08-26-2001).)

However, it was at that moment that the final Federation reinforcement fleets, composed of 300 vessels, hyperspaced into Mark directly in front of the Crusader. They immediately saw the incoming Edien vessels, and fired for all they were worth. Weapons blazing, the Edien fleet was surprised by the new arrival and were quickly beaten back.

Right into the jaws of the Federate main fleet.

The two fleets clashed, but it was all lopsided. The Ediens were massacered (sp?), and soon the remnants of the Edien fleet were chased off with the help of the new arrivals. The Battle of Mark was over.

------------------
--------------

OCC:
The first meeting with Nova6 ended with no respond from him according to mutual "help".
Mayby he could anwser to my proposition in our second encounter.

IC:
In the personal room of Nelson Psack, him and Nova6 are returning from an walk into the heart of the S.S.S. Savior reseach labs, civil quarters and Navy docks.

-I hope you find this short tour of the S.S.S. Savior interesting.
-I sure do, It has been a while since I saw an enormous ship. We once tried to build one.
-That's interesting.
-Now lets go to work.
-Sure. Yesterday, I talked with my advisors and they reported me that the supplied you provided us were only sufficient enough to sustain life. None of our researches can continue. Our navy has no more fuel. Are you looking the great Sladerei Solidarity as a piece of meat? I am sure that we can live together without transforming us in slaves.
-I see...
-In exchange of a quiet planet, we could provide a war effort or technologies. Until then I request raw materials to help the situation of a little more than six million of people. On this, I hope I have made myself clearer. Have a good day Emperor.
-Same to you and your nation.

Nelson followed Nova6 towards Dock 189, the emporer's personal ship would carry him back to his headquarters, where he could make a decision with the Sladerie's chief proposition.

------------------
Salutations Å• la vie

Admiral Tach'usd, aboard the Federation Battlecruiser John Paul , was being taken to a special holding facility on S-570, where she would be interrogated and, if necissary, tortured. Fortunately for Tach'usd, however, the Federation were less severe than their counterparts the Voinians.

A Federation sergent entered the brig where Tach'usd was being held. "We're just a few hours from S-570. Eat your lunch quickly." He then put a bowl of food on a table next to Tach'usd, and left. The food was meager, but better than what the Voinians gave you; food barely edible and only two or three times a week.

Finally, the John Paul and her numerous escort ships entered the S-570 system and moved forward to land and drop off their prized prisoner...

-------------

Once landed, Tach'usd was dragged off the John Paul and into a special holding facility. There she stayed for a few minutes before being taken out to a special room. She sat down at a table across from a Federation major, guarded by four guards, with two more outside the door and another three officers monitoring via cameras.

The major started right off. "Admiral Tach'usd, and yes, we know you're name, I want to keep this short and to the point. Tell us the exact purpose of your mission and what you are doing here. We heard the story of those Kisani you brought with you, but we don't believe them. We don't want you to give us all lies either. We want the whole truth, no slight changes or anything. Well?"

------------------
--------------

Nova6 and Nelson boarded Nova6's personal ship, a Voinian Dreadnaught called the V.E.S. Lone Darkness, then went to Nova's ready room. As Nelson looked around, the Voinian emporer picked up some Voinian ale and handed him a drink as he gulped down his own drink. "You said you wanted to try some, so here."

Nelson took the drink, gulped it down, then dropped the glass (which fell onto the table but fortunately didn't break), and started to choke and gasp. Finally, he calmed down. Nova grinned. "Sorry about not warning you; Voinian ale is kinda strong."

Suddenly, a Voinian lieutenant ran in and whispered something to Nova. He turned to Nelson. "I'm sorry. We won't be able to take off yet. I am due for a certain test of some new equipment. I will be back in one hour."

Nova then turned and walked off the Lone Darkness...

------------------
Long live the Rebellion!
---------------------
(url="http://"http://www.pautsch.com/nova6")Visit my cool EV website!(/url) Also, check out my cool new (url="http://"http://pub55.ezboard.com/bevandevodiscussionboard")webboard!(/url)

(This message has been edited by Nova6 (edited 08-26-2001).)