The Dark Tide 2 - Red Tide

A few Azdgari Warships had been on a routine patrol near the Mira system and had noticed many large ships jump into the syste and so decided to have a look, when they got into the system and ound the Renegades losing they laughed because even though they were allies with the Renegades they were at peace with the Zachit and Miranu and didn't want to spoil diplomatic relations so they stayed at a safe distance and watched the fight

------------------
--The Eye is Upon you--
If you look long enough the Sun isn't that bright.

MODERATION: Alien, you have overlooked one major problem: time. It takes time for reinforcements to arrive, and by the time they did arrive, Zachit Station would have already been destroyed. So, Zachit Station has been destroyed, but at this moment the Rock is under heavy attack by massive Zachit forces (like you said earlier), but you cannot do anything else until Entropy posts.

However, now that all Zachit vessels are attacking the Rock, all other Zachit space is undefended. So, even though you may just destroy the Rock, you will take heavy casualties and the Renegades will most likely capture a few planets, like Munb, Hizdriar, and maybe even Tmidor. Not only that, but the Renegades would get a big boost in credits from all that raiding they could do.

------------------
To Escape Velocity: Nova and Beyond!
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

The Moebius Industries Project is completed at last!! Now the UE have produced a stable warpgate (in a top-secret location) which can send their ships into any sytem that they have coordanites for in precisly half-an-hour. Testing runs to nearby UE systems have been eminently satisfactory. The warp-gate is heavily guarded by elite UE Forces, and it would be very difficult to successfully attack it.

The captured Dreadnought has been outfitted with the Crystal Ray, and is currently being upgraded and outfitted by UE Technicians. The Crystal Ray has proven to be a very effective weapon at long range and short range, and the UE are considering what its first mission should be.

To test the warp gate, a large shipment of supplies was stowed aboard a freighter fleet and warped to Mira. The Miranu report that they recieved the supplies in perfect condition, and the freighters are currently on their way back to UE space.

------------------
Macintosh for productivity, Linux for development, Palm for mobility, and Windows for Solitaire.

55.7 million, growing by +1.8 million daily.
As the final, fatal shot hits outpost Zachit, shattering the structural supports and destroying the station and everyone on board, the renegades manning the rock look back at their casualties:
About a third of the entire Zachit fleet had been destroyed in the battle, but many, many renegades had died in the process. Having completed its intended mission, and likely to die if it stayed much longer, the rocks gigantic hyperengines were engaged, vaporizing a large amount of Zachit trying to take the well-shielded devices out, the Rock fired its giant rotocannon one more time to frighten the remaining Zacha and blasted out of the system, of to... well, nobody knew.
Rengades have taken the oppurtunity to attack Mung and Hizdriar, with intended takeover. We will find out what happens tomorrow.

------------------
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!
(Lies are in your head.)

(This message has been edited by Entropy (edited 02-27-2001).)

It's Munb, not Mung. But anyway, Entropy, you will have to remember that the Rock is almost completely dead, and it will take weeks to repair it.

------------------
--------------
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

55.7 million, growing by +1.8 million
Sorry. "B" and "G" are right next to each other vertically, look on the keyboard. I pressed the wrong key.
Anyway, not as many repairs as you think. The shield generators need to be fixed, sure, they sustained quite a bit of damage, but the rock itself is unscathed.
Kiwi, you have acted deceitfully, failing to come to the aid of an ally. I hereby renounce all ties with the Azdgari people, and announce htat we are now in a state of neutrality.
Renegade prospectors, (definition- they couldn't find anything to plunder and, as a result, got really drunk and crashed into something, which they promptly decided to prospect after they discovered that their ship was ruined,) have discovered another large meteor in the system that the Rock used to be in, but only about a third of the Rock's formidible bulk. Although it is not large enough to hold the right type of hyperspatial engines, nor large enough to have a molten core to boost power for any Rotocannon one might wish to install (which one would not, as it would not fit) it did contain one important thing: platinum. Lots and lots of platinum. Of course, being an asteroid and everything, it was covered with dust and rock and such from drifting around in space for millions of years, but the core was apparently part of the core of a larger planet, spit out long ago when a meteorite of more formidible bulk hit it and coused it to split open, spilling its molten core into space. The molten metal twisted into wierd shapes and broke apart while cooling, which may explain why this particular meteor is shaped like a dog bone. Mining has been set up, and the stream of pure platinum to sell ont he black market gives a bit of a lining to my pockets: in fact, +.1 million/day realtime.

55.8 mil, growing by +1.9 million/day realtime.

------------------
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!
(Lies are in your head.)

Carno, I didn't bring any reinforcements. The Zachit forces came from Outpost Zachit itself, which is the base of all Zacha, and has considerable forces. Oh yes, and the Rotocannon missed. You didn't think it would work twice, did you? And if you would read, Entropy said it would take several more shots, I believe he stated 3-4, to take out the station..

I'm starting to suspect you're being biased toward your allies...

-------------------------

The second Outpost Zachit registered the beam charging again, it took action. Every thruster on the ship fired, and Outpost Zachit became a mobile station.. The Rotocannon fired, but only nicked the lower decks, causing several damage sensors to go blitzing nuts! The station watched as The Rock retreated, and begin to access damage..

"We're pretty much the burger with the buns! Top and lower decks are completely useless, but our core areas seem allright.. Our forces took considerable losses, but I don't think we'll see too many raiders any time soon..." A Zacha reports.

"What of that Crystal?"

"Pikera has already analyzed it.."

-----------------------------------

"I'd say the Zidagar have been refining this for centuries!" Pikera starts.. "I was an trading officer for the Zidagar when I was young, and I saw to the shipment of these crystals... But never, NEVER have I seen one so pure! Thunder, you have brought us a true treasure.." pikera says as he waves one of his servents over.. "Give this man any ship he desires, and have it upgraded to his liking.. And take this crystal to our weapons lab..."

------------------
Hi! I'm Alien the Hinwar and I'm a stuiped jerk!
I'm big, mad, strong, and Hinwar! I yell 'LONG LIVE THE UE!', but I smash vikimadegie lovers every chance I get!
Cause I'm Alien the Hinwar and I'm a stuiped jerk!
I'm always making the mods mad doing something or another, but I'll never learn! I'll never turn! Look at my karma!

MODERATION: Who says it missed? I don't see anything wrong with what Entropy said. However, Entropy, do be fair the Rock's shields will have to be destroyed, but the armor is virtually intact. And Alien, I dominated Zachit station in a Voinian cruiser with no problem. The Rock would easily annihilate the defense fleet, and you would HAVE to bring in reinforcements. Zachit Station only has 80 defenders. Zachit Station was (i)Partially(/) destroyed. All but a small 1/5 of it was destroyed, but all the people on it died. It was not completely destroyed because the Rotorcannon was slightly off. This moderation is final, so please stop arguing.

------------------
--------------

" Any ship?!?" Thunder said, astonished. "Wow... thank you! Uh... I'll need a little while to think, it's an important choice."

"Take your time." Pikera replied. "When you make your choice, we'll be ready."

Five minutes later, Thunder could be seen sitting, leaning agianst the wall, trying to decide what ship to choose. "I'm a merchant, so I'll need a ship with plenty of cargo room. But then again, I don't want to get stuck in a slow freighter, all my flight experience is in small, fast ships. So that rules out the Miranu Freighter... Wait, I know!" he said, snapping his fingers.

Thunder stood up and walked over to Pikera's servant, who was still waiting for Thunder to make up his mind. As Thunder approached, he looked up.

"So, have you made your decision?"

"Yes. I've decided on a Zachit Arada. Fast, strong, plenty of cargo room, plus you've gotta love that paint job!"

"Do you know outfits do you want on it?" he asked, pulling out a data pad to record Thunder's preferences.

"Well, the standard Zachit arada comes with two pursuit missile launchers, that seems like a bit much. Let's replace the second pursuit missile launcher with an extra swivel phase cannon, and two shield capacitors. My UE cloak was lost in the attack, but if we add an RCS and an engine upgrade, it should have nearly the manueverability of an Azdara. With a ship that fast, I shouldn't need a cloak anyway."

"Hmmm... that sounds like an excellent choice. I can't wait to see that combination in action." Pikera's servent said. "Let's get right on it."

"Thanks again." Thunder said, as they walked off toward the shipyard. "It's really nice of you guys to replace my destroyed arada."
(I'm assuming that since Carnotaur ruled that Entropy's attack stands, that my previous ship was destroyed in the renegade attack, please correct me if I'm wrong.)

------------------
If you hadn't screwed up my past, your future wouldn't be like this!

I geuss so. The small part of Zachit Station that was left had no docking port, so unless your ship escaped the system, it's been destroyed. Sorry about that.

------------------
--------------

<message to Entropy>
<encrypted>
I am sorry that my forces didn't come to your rescue and I didn't get notified of thier presence in the system till they were too far away to do any good. That was the first time they had gone into battle so please forgive us, they have been seriously reprimanded. I think you are being a little over the top as well because you got yourself in that situation.
<end of message>

<message to Carnotaur>
the crystals are on their way.
<end of message>

Because of Carnotaurs request Kiwi got an idea that if he could mine more crystals then they could drain off the other waste products in the crystals to get them more pure. Using computer designing and testing the resulting formula would make the crystals a deep green after having past the purity stage of blue.
Starting testing and design research and collecting and purifying crystals.
Also starting research on a new weapon that the Borb turret field energizer was put through the crystals then the force would be amazing almost as powerful as the Demons weapons, if ony they had the Pure crystals, the power it would have.

The crystals will take a long time to purify.

------------------
--The Eye is Upon you--
If you look long enough the Sun isn't that bright.

As The Rock is being repaired, a UE Fleet is powered into the system by the warpgate. In a surprise attack, the UE Fleet attacks the weakened Battlestation, but they are makeing little progress due to the incredible armor of the Rock. The Rock's Fighters are deployed, but the UE is able to fight them off. The Captured Voinian Dreadnought pulls up nearer (but out of range of the phase turrets) to the Rock, and fires its Crystal Ray. The blue beam slices into the Rock, causing massive damage to the main deck. Under fire from the powerful ray, the Rock begins to break up. UE Forces back away as a shudder runs through the asteroid. The entire structure of the Rock is colapsing. The Dreadnought fires another beam at the Rotocannon, and it explodes in a towering fireball. The Rock has been completly destroyed. The UE Fleet, which has taken substantial casualties from the Rock's fighters, jumps its way back to Mira for repairs.

Ue Scientists have analyzed the renegade bio-weapon, and are currently trying to produce some sort of cure.

------------------
Macintosh for productivity, Linux for development, Palm for mobility, and Windows for Solitaire.

MODERATION: I know it seems like I'm biased towards Entropy, but still; post revoked. Samurai, you forgot one thing; you don't know where the Rock is being repaired. Entropy never said anything about it, and besides it's obviously being repaired in some secret base, which you don't know where it is. Until you actually find the Rock, you can't attack it.

BTW, Carnotaur has learned of your warpgate and has set up a dampener field around the Ji Nebula, so you can't warp ships into it.

------------------
--------------

Pikera agreed to give Thunder his Arada, and noted that the cockpit of ths ship, like all Zachit vessals, would be modified to his exact species requirements..

---------------

A pair of Zacha officers were walking through Outpost Zachit with oxy-suits.. One of the officers came up to a sealed door, and using his brute strength, pried it open.. "How come everything is locked up down here?" The other officer asks.. The muscular officer replies, "Cause that's how we survived the cannon of the rock! We had to lock up every bulkhead on the station to survive it, and we were going to use the systems to pry them apart, but they got knocked out in the attack, so we have to do it manually..." He says as he takes out a plasma relay and fits it into a darkened comp slot.. The corridor comes to life and the groan of metal can be heard as the bulkheads went back to their origional positions....

"Come on, we got at least 170 to go..."

-----------------

This was war, and the Miranu knew it.. Nearly all ship production on all worlds had gone into Zachit vessals, so Zacha power was recovering quickly... Outpost Zachit was busy rebuilding it's lost docks, but they also had another problem, Outpost Zachit was WAY off orbit... "It could take us months to get back to our origional position.." one officer groans..

Outpost Zachit is now on the outskirts of the system... This could be helpful in an attack, for it would take an enemy longer to reach the station, but it's the same for traders...

---------------------

Pikera walked in on his science officer along with Thunder.. "So.. the crystal?" Pikera asks..

The science officer slowly rises from his microscope equipment... "Beautiful, powerful... perfect.. Dear Elder, if this crystal is used properly, nothing, and I mean NOTHING... could survive it's attack.. The Zidagar have truely outdone themselves this time.. We tested it a virtual environment..."

"Our tests showed that the station it would have been tested on in the real world would have been destroyed in the blast.."

"By the profit, is it that powerful?" Pikera asks..

"Yes, the perfect crystal, but good luck using it, it also needs the perfect power source! Or lots of power...."

Pikera scratched his chin while in deep thought.. "We Miranu have always been good with effiecent energy systems, it shoudln't take long, I hope.." He says, and then turns to Thunder.. "Your ship is ready, please go alert the UE goverment of these happenings.."

------------------
I'm big, mad, strong, and Hinwar! I yell 'LONG LIVE THE UE!', but I smash vikimadegie lovers every chance I get!
I'm always making the mods mad doing something or another, but I'll never learn! I'll never turn! Look at my karma!

Ah, but now it is you who have overlooked something, Carno. The Rock wouldn't have been able to make it back to renegade space by the time our attack was launched. Think about it. The Rock can barely move. It took a long time for it to get from New Mira to Outpost Zachit, and it would take just as long to get back, maybe longer if the engines were damaged. And even if it had made it to the border, it still would have been tracked by the Zacha. And I know you'll come up with some contradictory response, but I'm curious as to what it will be. As far as I can see, it's a valid attack on my part.

By the way, I wish someone would pick up controlling the Voinians.

The cure for the renegade bio-weapon is still being developed. Step-by-step, progress is being made.

------------------

MODERATION: Actually, what you said even gave me more reasons to say that the Rock survived the attack. You just pointed out a lot of variables for where it might be. So, my moderation stands; the Rock is still surviving. And that is final.

---------------

Scorcher bursted into Carnotaur's office.

Scorcher: "Carnotaur, I have bad news; the Miranu, UE, and Zachit are working on a new type of weapon which uses a super purified type of Twyus crystal. It is extremely powerful, and poses a great threat to us, and the Apollyon and Demon. However, it lacks the power to completely destroy a Corocian Supercruiser, but it is strong and powerful. What should we do?"

Carnotaur: "Send the Apollyon to all the UE listening posts. Have it destroy them all, send a message to the UE warning them to stop work on the Twyus crystal, then cloak and return here. This will show then."

Scorcher: "Yes sir!"

-------------------

Seven days later, the UE mysteriously looses contact with all their listening posts, and then scouts detect large debris fields. Hours later, a message is recieved by UE high command, which warns them to stop working on the Twyus crystal or they will suffer more defeats.

------------------
--------------

Samurai can I be a Moderator? Titan sends a UE fleet to the Avann system it will arrive in a few hours, if whoever is incharge of the Voinians doesn't send ships to defend the system it will be captured by the UE.

------------------
"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all into the darkness and bind them, in the land of mordor where the shadows lie."
Check out the upcomming Lord of the Rings Movies at (url="http://"http://www.lordoftherings.net/home.html")http://www.lordofthe...s.net/home.html(/url)

First, Samurai isn't the cheif mod anymore, I am.

Second, Avann is highly defended and the UE would be whooped either way because Voinian ships are now superior. You will have to assume that the Voinians send a massive backup fleet to defend Avann, and that more backup fleets are on the way. Since I am an ally of the Voinians, I will control them until someone else comes along.

-------------

Voinian ships begin building up in Vorik, Yandros (it was captured by the Voinians, read much earlier post), and Avann. Their purpose; a new major offensive against the UE. Their targets; Bakka, Outpost Theta, and Verril. The fleets will be ready in two days.

Meanwhile, the Voinians are trying to get as little casualties as possible while fighting the Emalgha, and have now developed a hit-and-run strategy and get very little casualties, allowing the Voinians to consontrate more ships on the UE.

Alpha Centauri and Verril are now being regularly raided by Voinian warships because of their proximity to the Voinian Empire and new hyperspace engines.

------------------
--------------

The Miranu have begun studing the new crystal..

------------------

Scorcher: "Carnotaur, the Miranu have not heeded our warnings."

Carnotaur: "Send a dozen wolf packs of Corocian Destroyers and Heavy Destroyers (Zidaras and CWs modified with Corocian tech) to the uninhabited systems that form a barrier between the UE and Miranu. Have them stop all convoys going to and from the UE and Miranu."

------------------
--------------