Maximus Insurrectum Signup and Discussion Thread

You should make a fleet as soon as possible-the webstory will begin when all active players finish their fleets. Inactive players will have fleets made for them by government leaders, or, if they are the leader, the elected player (chosen among the other two people).

Battles will be resolved in the usual manner-see previous stories such as Endless War (although that isn't a particularly brilliant example, it works) or practically any EVO webstory to see. No links right now, I'm afraid, but I can get some if you need 'em.

See above for the start conditions.

Hmm.

Mark me as a merc.

All right.

Please generate your fleet in the startup thread, and feel free to add any story-related information for your stuff as you want.

After tomorrow, the Confed and Rebel players will have to make their fleets-or have them made for them, because it's been a week and we're running out of time.

-Bob

Wait.

What about the cheap, weaker (5M or so?) kestrels? Or does a merc have to run a mission that somebody impartial says is available to get them?

They don't exist, in any form.

In theory, since they're part of the EV galaxy, they should be...but the entire thing is a cheap bonus for the player anyway; the cheap Kestrels aren't worth anything when they aren't under player command. Besides, well, they just aren't.

-Bob

Consul Bob, on Sep 21 2005, 12:38 PM, said:

OOC: Yeah. The only problem is that NReader isn't here to listen. Assume he is, for story purposes.
View Post

Hey hey hey! We are definatly NOT gearing for war or anything else he said. This is totally unacceptable.

Four more mercs. Then we can go bulldoze Evildrome.

I would like to join as an independant mercenary.

I would like to join this story too. If there's space.

Apache: All right, added. Post your fleets and stuff when you can.

Captain R. Willy: Which slot do you want? We have the Confederation Northern War Department, three Pirate slots, and infinite Indie slots available.

-Bob

Indies are always fun! I'll fill up one of those slots.

Eh, okay, if you must.

Added.

-Bob

I'd like to join.

Whilst I usually go with indie in webstories, there are so many this time I think I'll cast my lot with being the Pirate-Guildmaster of Pirates Cove, arr... 😛

Aw. I'd hoped you'd be Confed. Ah well.

Added. 🙂

-Bob

(OOC: My parents randomly decided that two F's are more than enough, and my computer access has been restricted. I'll still be able to read though, and I may have bob or someone else I trust post for me. Toodles!

Well, see you soon, nfreader. Hopefully you'll get full Internet access back soon.

Just a quick question before I post my updated fleet request. Can we have a personal ship? Pimped out and everything? Let me know

Swithich,
Within the rules of the story, it is technically impossible to customize your ship so that it can influence your fleet positively-however, here's what I've told everyone they may do.

You can say you modified your ship, or a small group of ships, as long as they do not do any damage beyond what would normally occur. For instance, you can say that the modified Kestrel Darkstar destroyed the entire enemy fleet single-handedly (over the course of the battle, of course-I'm not promoting one-post battles). But your fleet has to give and take damage normally, so you can't count your Kestrel's amazing abilities in to do anything more than what would normally occur if you didn't post that.

-Bob

I would like to change to pirate theres too many Indies,
what system/s are there avalible for me, i cant figure out the map 😞

Pippin,
What do you consider to be the problem with the map?

-Bob