Having trouble putting ev on pc

Need Help Fast

I've been playing nova and i love it but it is starting to get old, so i desided to try the first 2. after realizing that they were only for mac i started searching for emulation software. i downloaded basilisk II but have no idea how to make it work. i herd somewhere that i need a mac rom and a copy of a mac os? not sure how or what to do. my computer doesn't even know what to do with the download. it says (fw_BasiliskII-31052001.tardist) as the file name. what is a .Tardist file anyway. did i even download the right program? i downloaded others like BasiliskII-0.9-1.beosppc, BasiliskII-0.9-1.beosx86, BasiliskII-0.9-1.amiga.lha, but none of them work either. please reply with info on what i need, where i can get it, and what to do when i get it

please email me at czamplas@novi.k12.mi.us with help

If your copy of Nova is registered, you can download the free Escape Velocity and Escape Velocity Override ports (win evnova classic and win evnova override) to Nova here.

Lit Nerd

Edit: This topic has also been posted on Just Tech.

Zampy.909, on Apr 19 2005, 10:18 PM, said:

what is a .Tardist file anyway.
View Post

Isn't that one of the ones that is bigger inside than it looks from the outside?

sigh
Posted Image

mrxak isn't around to move it. Someone call EVula!

pp0u20e8, on Apr 19 2005, 06:07 PM, said:

Isn't that one of the ones that is bigger inside than it looks from the outside?
View Post

Nope. You're thinking of a .TADRIS file. ๐Ÿ™‚

Lit Nerd

Skip the emulation for now. If you want help with emulation, PM me/email me, and I'll forward you all the instructions sent to me by ProfessorADB.

I suggest doing as Lit Nerd...uh...suggested...and (barring you not having registered Nova) download the EV and EVO ports. They should do just fine, unless you're an original player and have problems with the shift in battle damage calculations, etc.

Good luck, and happy EV-ing!

<EDIT>

post # 3-2-1-BOOM

I'm this much () closer to being able to change my subtitle. w00t!

</EDIT>

This post has been edited by Dash_Merc : 19 April 2005 - 09:48 PM

Destroyer E, on Apr 20 2005, 03:23 AM, said:

sigh
Posted Image

mrxak isn't around to move it. Someone call EVula!
View Post

You know, if you had actually read past the first sentance of his post before posting your favourite little picture, you would see that he is asking for help getting EVC to run on a pc.

Try to actually read posts before mocking them, makes for better jokes...

actually, i am looking for emulation help, if that wasent clear to everyone

sorry

Lektor, on Apr 20 2005, 10:15 PM, said:

You know, if you had actually read past the first sentance of his post before posting your favourite little picture, you would see that he is asking for help getting EVC to run on a pc.

View Post

Technically, he is asking about the emulator for Nova, and probably won't get much help here as everyone will be a mac user. Well, he wouldn't without the find new posts feature anyway...

that's half correct, i need an emulator, but not just for ev.

where should i move it to get more help from windows users?

For those really interested in trying to get emulation for Basilisk to work, your website of choice is ...

http://www.the-underdogs.org/nonpc.php

However I strongly suggest getting the EV Classic port recently. I am saying this because of the newly and beautiful plug-in set made by KofQ for the port version. So I guess some of you could say I am endorsing "EV Revisited". For those who may or may not know I am working on and almost finished fixing the graphics that didn't convert too well from the original *.sit file that was uploaded on the add-ons page for PCs. Anyways best wishes...

Prof. ADN

Lektor, on Apr 20 2005, 04:15 PM, said:

View Post

Oops. Just remember...

ProfessorADN

๐Ÿ˜ž i tried the link and (latest version) of basilisk II link didn't work can you send me the file?

the other 2 worked ๐Ÿ™‚

pp0u20e8, on Apr 21 2005, 12:04 AM, said:

Technically, he is asking about the emulator for Nova, and probably won't get much help here as everyone will be a mac user. Well, he wouldn't without the find new posts feature anyway...
View Post

No, he is asking about getting EVC to run on a pc, someone suggested using the Nova port, it wasn't part of his original post.

I'm beginning to get interested in this emulator. How would an emulator work?

there is a link to "the Underdogs", use that link and Dl th program. If it doesn't work, google "basilisk" in conjuntion with "Bungie" for an alternate download.... you can use the Rom file from the underdgs, but make a new prefs file.

Hey, zampy, I can help...it'll be somewhat complicated, but I have the files that are on the underdogs website. ProfessorADN knows what he's talking about, he helped me set up my basilisk.

First of all, I'll need your system specs (Windows version, processor speed, and RAM are all I need, just to make sure it'll work.)

Then, somehow, I'll go about sending you the files you need. Give me a bit, and please email me: dash.merc@gmail.com if you haven't already solved this whole thing...

I recently zipped up my wonderful Basilisk emulator, and have been waiting for a good excuse to unzip it (I'm VERY lazy). Later!

This post has been edited by Dash_Merc : 30 April 2008 - 02:53 PM

windows xp, amd 1.7 or 1.9, 128meg ram

thanks

You need more RAM. 256 is really a minimum.

I'd put money on the fact that your hard drive hasn't stopped crunching since you booted.

Emulation doesn't work very well. I got Basilisk II working quite well but it is very slow. Ares choked the system up bad.

Also, you'll have to pay to register the last two games if you decide to try and emulate them. Lower performance, higher cost.. Hmmmmmmm...

Look here:

Windows EV Classic Port
Windows EV Override Port

You'll also want this:
SwitchCon
That app will help you organize your ports and pilots.

Up to you what you want to do, but I'm amazed that no one else has directed you to these files yet. These are PORTS of the originals, basically carbon copies, and they're free. In my opinion, don't even bother with Emulation.