If You've Managed To Find The New Board...

Tarnฤ‡lion Andiyarus, on Sep 14 2004, 05:49 PM, said:

you could maybe PM Tom and see if he could exempt you, or perhaps input a title for you.
-Andiyar

Thanks Tarn. Nah, it isn't that important to me. I reckon "moderator" is good enough for me!! ๐Ÿ˜›

Darn! Im too late then....

Sorry forgot to log in with the reply above.

TA said:

Ah. Well, it appears you've run into the block that andrew put in place after we saw the mass rush of people customising their titles - at present, there is a block set up for people who have less than 1000 posts, namely, you can't get one. If you see people who already have them with less posts, it's because they put theirs in before the blocks came into place and it'd be a bit too much work to remove them. I'm not sure what happens now... you could maybe PM Tom and see if he could exempt you, or perhaps input a title for you. Other than that... I'm not sure.
View Post

So does this mean I can't be a Mod God...? ๐Ÿ˜„

zerowarrior150, on Sep 16 2004, 12:20 AM, said:

So does this mean I can't be a Mod God...? ๐Ÿ˜„
View Post

Well, in a way, I suppose that going by my title, I already am... ^_^

-Andiyar

TA said:

Well, in a way, I suppose that going by my title, I already am... <_<
View Post

Watch it Tarn, your ego's showing....... :laugh:

No but in all seriousness, I wish to place a more meaninful title rather than "member".....
Is it possible to change the name I use on the board without losing what posts and such I have accumulated thus far?

No ego, ZW, FACT. He IS the mod god. Ha!

To answer your wish, nope, sorry. Can't. Not available. Not possible. Can't do it. You're SOL. You can try, but you will fail. No. A "member" you will be. ๐Ÿ˜›

I wish I could change my name, too. But I can't without losing everything. At least I don't think I can.......

Debra, on Sep 15 2004, 03:13 PM, said:

I wish I could change my name, too. But I can't without losing everything. At least I don't think I can.......
View Post

You can do it! You can. You only have 266 posts to go and the door opens. Get busy, girl! ๐Ÿ˜„

Ok, now I understand that you need 1000 or more post to change your title, however I probaly will never reach that. I mostly only post in the Coldstone forum and only when I need help or can render it. I could post constantly in every forum random things just to add posts to my user name untill I reach 1000. However I would not, so at this rate how am I ever going to get a title?

It just seems unfair that people who set up one quick enough are able to have one while the rest of us have to wait a long time...

There, I feel better now.

I know. (sniff) It's not fair. I have to work at it, as RD says. (sniff) It's gonna take me forever to be cool. :ninja:

Wait. You need 1000 or more posts to change your title. But I have less than 500 and I had the option to change mine :blink:

Pilky, on Sep 15 2004, 05:22 PM, said:

I have less than 500 and I had the option to change mine
View Post

You could do it before... :blink: I did, I deleted the text in that field and look at my title... I'll have to be a "dua" (whatever that means) forever <_<

We could do it before. We can't now. Such is life. :mellow:

<_< Oh well...

Lol! I can't believe how off-topic this thread is. ๐Ÿ˜„
Continuing with our new topic, I think that everyone should be able to change their titles as limiting this ability isn't fair to those that are good members but don't post so much. Perhaps putting in a Karma system and basing it on Karma?

P.S. I'm surprised that mods have the same restrictions... Maybe you have to apply the code to all members, regardless of "modness" or not?

Debra, on Sep 16 2004, 01:13 AM, said:

No ego, ZW, FACT. He IS the mod god. Ha!

View Post

Yep. That's rght. Well. 'Kinda' god. For a given gender. ๐Ÿ˜‰

And RD's right - get posting! It won't take long... maybe. ๐Ÿ™‚

Efeion, on Sep 16 2004, 01:51 AM, said:

Ok, now I understand that you need 1000 or more post to change your title, however I probaly will never reach that. I mostly only post in the Coldstone forum and only when I need help or can render it. I could post constantly in every forum random things just to add posts to my user name untill I reach 1000. However I would not, so at this rate how am I ever going to get a title?

It just seems unfair that people who set up one quick enough are able to have one while the rest of us have to wait a long time...

There, I feel better now.
View Post

Well, originally it was because when the transition was done Andre & Tom were disabling and enabling things one by one. And, since they didn't restrict the custom titles right away, people just kinda jumped on it - and because, from my knowledge of invision2, the only way to get rid of those without sufficient posts is to manually go through and delete every single one...

It is possible it will eventually be tied to karma. Once the new karma is working properly, and allows us to give people praises as well as warnings. We'll see.

And do keep in mind that although I've been here for over four years, I still have less than 1600 posts. It's taken me a while to get this far - I want to hit 1600 now, so I can have five dots. ๐Ÿ™‚

-Andiyar

Tarnฤ‡lion Andiyarus, on Sep 15 2004, 10:25 PM, said:

I want to hit 1600 now, so I can have five dots. ๐Ÿ™‚
-Andiyar
View Post

I got five - ๐Ÿ˜„ - I'll lend you one. I have to admit I answered a lot of questions on the PoG board to get there though. It's tough getting the post count up if this is the only forum you frequent. Maybe when the update is done (I did not say "if") the board will be much more active.

I understand why it happened and also why you can't just fixit. I am just saying that this will be 100 posts so far for me. At two+ years I been a member of this board that is 50 posts a year.

You however being a mod you post a lot more, and rightly so. at 4+ years and 1574 posts you get 393.5 posts a year on average. Now I don't post as much as mod does so I see no way I will ever get a title or be able to change it, or not in the next 18 years {(50 X 18 = 900)+100=1000}!

I believe my karma was zero (I have caused no trouble) when I last looked, which I am fine with. I understood the karma system, however the title is not a ranking system is is more of a extra for good members. So why should only a few be able to have it?

I expect nothing to change, but I do have a right to voice my oppinion. And I know I am not alone...

Edit(Hey I got a box!)

This post has been edited by Efeion : 15 September 2004 - 07:09 PM

Tarnฤ‡lion Andiyarus, on Sep 15 2004, 10:25 PM, said:

It is possible it will eventually be tied to karma. Once the new karma is working properly, and allows us to give people praises as well as warnings. We'll see.
View Post

The karma system isn't working? I can see a warn: (0%) under my member number. I figured that was the new karma system up and running. I can only see this under my name though.

GrahamVH, on Sep 15 2004, 07:08 PM, said:

The karma system isn't working? I can see a warn: (0%) under my member number. I figured that was the new karma system up and running. I can only see this under my name though.
View Post

It seems that karma is a private thing now. I personally liked it better when it was public, but whatever.