If You've Managed To Find The New Board...

No, the pips relate to post count. I like IPB, it's very powerful and very simple. I've never used IPB 2.0 properly though

Pilky, on Sep 11 2004, 08:05 PM, said:

No, the pips relate to post count. I like IPB, it's very powerful and very simple. I've never used IPB 2.0 properly though
View Post

Why do we need pips for post count? <_<

This post has been edited by CI-Ia0s : 11 September 2004 - 03:17 PM

Hello,
I am wondering if my current title is acceptable for the Coldstone web board since, this is the primary board I am on. If there are any objections to my title of Coldstone Help Desk, then please let me know and I will change it.

GrahamVH, on Sep 12 2004, 12:50 AM, said:

Hello,
I am wondering if my current title is acceptable for the Coldstone web board since, this is the primary board I am on. If there are any objections to my title of Coldstone Help Desk, then please let me know and I will change it.
View Post

Hmm, I don't mind it, but.. why? =/

GrahamVH, on Sep 12 2004, 12:50 AM, said:

Hello,
If there are any objections to my title of Coldstone Help Desk, then
View Post

Just one question. Is this desk where we drop off help or pick it up? πŸ™‚

Rubber Ducky, on Sep 12 2004, 02:43 AM, said:

View Post

Both, I am only trying to say that I am more than willing to help out people trying to use Coldstone. Whether they email me, im me, or post on the web board.

I like pips. They're like karma, except nobody expects me to act congenially anymore.

Rubber Ducky, on Sep 12 2004, 02:43 AM, said:

View Post

I add my approval to RD's. πŸ˜‰

Nah, seriously, if custom titles are even finally kept - and they might not be - we'll let people know when they step across the line. I'm fairly sure that simple common sense will tell people what they can and can't have as their titles - Coldstone Help Desk, for instance, is fine. 'Coldstone Moderator Webboard God' on the other had might incur wrath. πŸ˜‰ So too would things like 'C07d5t0n3 R0ckz!'

I cannot abide leet. ^_^

-Andiyar

If I can't talk with numbers, then i'll just go back to lurking!

Tarnćlion Andiyarus, on Sep 11 2004, 11:30 PM, said:

Nah, seriously, if custom titles are even finally kept - and they might not be - we'll let people know when they step across the line. I'm fairly sure that simple common sense will tell people what they can and can't have as their titles

Indeed. Treat titles as you would a post: if it abides by the board guidelines then it should be peachy.

Avoid flames and profanity and you should be alright. I'd even go so far as to say that you shouldn't try to pass yourself off as official Ambrosia either. Coldstone Help Desk is rather close, but I don't think that it rises to the level of impersonating staff. So I'm fine with it as well.

- Coldstone Help Desk, for instance, is fine. 'Coldstone Moderator Webboard God' on the other had might incur wrath.

Indeed. There can be only one.

So too would things like 'C07d5t0n3 R0ckz!'

Andiyar, thank the lucky stars that the karma system is broken right now. Otherwise we would have had a little test to see if a mod could be karma banned. :mad:

Ugh, I hate that crap speak.

Stark Bledfast, on Sep 13 2004, 11:34 PM, said:

Andiyar, thank the lucky stars that the karma system is broken right now. Otherwise we would have had a little test to see if a mod could be karma banned. :mad:

View Post

Just an example! Just an example! I hate it more than you! Truly!

I still remember what happened the last time someone attempted to take karma action against a mod. Let's not go there, please. I don't think I could live through that again - not on my (well, our now!) board. ^_^

-Andiyar

Stark Bledfast, on Sep 13 2004, 11:34 PM, said:

View Post

Calm down Stark, he was only giving an example of what NOT to do. And anyway, the DEL would have smited him if he meant it πŸ˜‰

How do you change your title?

Tarnćlion Andiyarus, on Sep 13 2004, 06:48 PM, said:

I still remember what happened the last time someone attempted to take karma action against a mod. Let's not go there, please. I don't think I could live through that again - not on my (well, our now!) board. View Post

snicker

Aw come now, a little excitement would do wonders. πŸ˜„

But seriously though, I have yet to miss a fellow mod. Just ask RD. πŸ˜‰

Pilky, on Sep 14 2004, 08:16 AM, said:

Calm down Stark, he was only giving an example of what NOT to do. View Post

:rolleyes:

Debra, on Sep 14 2004, 03:22 PM, said:

View Post

In My Controls, under Profile, there should be a title option

Debra, on Sep 14 2004, 10:22 AM, said:

View Post

Up on the top of the board there is a link for "My Controls." Click on this and it will open a new page with options down the left side. Locate "Edit Profile Info" under the "Personal Profile" section. Click on this and it will load up the profile info screen. The first blank is for your title. It is currently set to Moderator.

I try, but it says, "That is not a valid ICQ number." That's the first blank under my birthdate --(and hell would freeze over before I give out THAT information!!) :blink: There's no blank before that.

I wonder if moderators have it turned off? I've only just done an install of IPB 2.0 on my server and I haven't had chance to play around with it properly yet, so I wouldn't know if you can

Stark Bledfast, on Sep 15 2004, 02:58 AM, said:

snicker

Aw come now, a little excitement would do wonders. πŸ˜„

But seriously though, I have yet to miss a fellow mod. Just ask RD. πŸ˜‰
View Post

Never again. No. πŸ™‚

Debra, on Sep 15 2004, 04:22 AM, said:

I try, but it says, "That is not a valid ICQ number." That's the first blank under my birthdate --(and hell would freeze over before I give out THAT information!!) :blink: There's no blank before that.
View Post

Ah. Well, it appears you've run into the block that andrew put in place after we saw the mass rush of people customising their titles - at present, there is a block set up for people who have less than 1000 posts, namely, you can't get one. If you see people who already have them with less posts, it's because they put theirs in before the blocks came into place and it'd be a bit too much work to remove them. I'm not sure what happens now... you could maybe PM Tom and see if he could exempt you, or perhaps input a title for you. Other than that... I'm not sure.

Pilky, on Sep 15 2004, 05:00 AM, said:

I wonder if moderators have it turned off? I've only just done an install of IPB 2.0 on my server and I haven't had chance to play around with it properly yet, so I wouldn't know if you can
View Post

Ahem. points left

-Andiyar