Global Thermonuclear War Game 25

One of the reasons I wait so long before casting a vote is so I can see how the round shapes up, and have the most possible information with which to make a decision.

Sometimes I loose track of what time it is, though.

It seems, to me, to be a bad idea to vote out darth_vader, as he is a (relatively) active player who has put thought and effort into deciding his vote, whatever any of us may think about his conclusions. So, I think I'm going to throw a wrench in things.

Hence: mrxak

Current Vote Tally:
darth_vader: (4)
mrxak
Mispeled
LNSU
nfreader

mrxak: (4)
Shlimazel
GutlessWonder
darth_vader
Eugene Chin

RJC Ultra: (1)
Mackilroy

LNSU: (1)
RJC Ultra

No Vote: (3)
1Eevee1
lemonyscapegoat
prophile

(EDIT) Correction to vote tally.
(EDITx2) Spelling.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 12 June 2008 - 09:55 PM

Great, just let the terrorists control the game then...

@mrxak, on Jun 12 2008, 11:17 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 25:

Bad guys routinely lurk, especially when the players are occupied with killing each other, too busy to notice who's not voting or who's not saying anything. If I was a rogue member, and I saw, as an example, darth_vader and Shlimazel making huge posts and arguing with one another, it would be mere child's play to simply vote at the very end of a round or not at all, and never attract any attention at all.

And yet you voted for me. So what is it? Am I a lurker who should be eliminated for the general good or an active player who is being thoughtful and rational in his votes? Just as you did with jrsh92 last round, you are too quick to abandon your supposedly rational and incorrigible principles of voting when you are threatened. No matter what you claim it's now quite clear that you aren't playing the game for the benefit of the innocents. You're being purely self serving. That is not in and of itself is not an indication of evil alignment, but the fact that you are dissembling about it is highly suspicious. At least LNSU is upfront about his anyone-but-me mentality. Furthermore, I know that when you are innocent you don't play in an anyone-but-me style. The fact that you are now and are trying to hide that fact, indicates that your actions are in service of another goal, namely the furthering of the terrorist cause.

Have we had bad luck finding the lurking rogue members? Certainly. Perhaps it would have been best to go after late-voters like 1Eevee1, Eugene Chin, or nfreader, instead of non-voters. A slight change in tactics, but the same strategy, might have been better. I can't go back in time and change things, but I can continue to use the strategy, because Scenario 2 is much better than Scenario 1.

Great, great, but as I pointed out above, you voted for me. You didn't vote for 1Eevee1, Eugene Chin, or nfreader. You voted for a player who by your own stated criteria is highly valuable. It's obvious that you are voting for me because I am a direct threat to you.

I might also point out, my strategy has been derailed on several occasions by the necessity of self-preservation, preemptive in some cases. lemonyscapegoat has been on my target list for some time, but I have been unable to get him out. Perhaps I am not "controlling the game" as well as you think I am. This round, I am voting for the person who continues to try to derail me. Perhaps, when darth_vader is gone, I can go back to killing off afkers and lurkers, who will doom us when the time comes. I am hoping darth_vader is a rogue member, and with his death we can easily determine who his allies were. This is the advantage of Scenario 2, once we actually do know something, people are active enough to act on it.

This attitude of preemptive self-preservation is not consistent with your other stated goal of helping the innocents. I can see that you anticipated the attacks I have used above and are attempting to negate them, but this doesn't cut it. You know how I play. You know that once I'm sure I won't give up. You know that I will be after you for the rest of the game unless there is extraordinary proof of your innocence. If you really had the interests of the innocents at heart, you would allow yourself to die, thereby "narrowing the field" or "thinning out the pool" as you yourself have so eloquently put it. By repeatedly attacking you I have made myself extremely conspicuous at great risk to my own life in the game. You have made no such move. I have pursued you to my own detriment, but all you have done is lash out at whatever the easiest target is. If there is anyone here with the best interests of the innocent team truly at heart, it's me. You are clearly putting your own survival first, and worst of all, disguising that fact.

I have been accused of voting out innocents. Well, this happens. I've been an innocent myself voted out early in a game by other innocent people. I remind the random-vote crowd of the first round that we don't know a whole lot in the first few rounds of the game. And if we didn't get rid of people, we never would. By eliminating people, as we must, we gain insight into how people are voting, we clear names or uncover bad guys, and most importantly we narrow the field. My philosophy is this: The field will be narrowed no matter what, so it is best to keep only the best, most helpful players. Consider it an evolution of sorts. Our votes are a selective force. We can use it randomly, as SoItBegins wanted to do, and therefore accomplish nothing. We can use it not at all, as our lurkers seem to be doing, and therefore accomplish nothing. We can use it get rid of poor strategies and unhelpful players, as I have been trying to do, and therefore end up at the end of the game with the people best equipped to solve the puzzle. I understand that this type of "game eugenics" may rub some people the wrong way, but I've seen it work to great effect in previous games, and I stand by it in this game now.

I know that I'm not advocating random voting or not voting. Once again, if your vote is a selective force, why is it being used against me? I am playing in a very similar way to you right now. Stop claiming that you're the only one who can play like this and that you're the only hope of winning. If you actually believed what you're saying here you would have given up already, in order to narrow the field, prevent terrorists from hiding among our long posts, and avoid the risk of losing the other aggressive player. I don't agree with your stated strategy, so in a way I can't fault you for playing in this manner since it's probably what I would do were I in your position. However, it's become clear that you don't agree with your stated strategy either. If you were innocent there would be no motive for creating this disconnect between words and actions.

I and others have stated in previous games, regardless of my role, what I say in these game topics is in the best interests of the innocents as I see it. If you don't think my strategy is in the best interests of the innocents, then argue with me, I enjoy a good debate, but if you disagree with my strategy, don't assume I'm a bad guy for advocating it.

And that is the crux of the issue. I don't think you're a bad guy for advocating your strategy. I think you're a bad guy for disingenuously advocating your strategy, using it to distract while you pursue a rather different course of action, one that is far more self-serving and that is far less in the interests of the innocents. Your actions under your true strategy for this game point to you being evil.

I'm voting for you now because you are a threat to me, yes. Rather than putting forth your own strategy, you are just trying to stop mine. If you agree that I'm being rational, or at least that my stated strategy is rational, then isn't it rational to think that I'd do what's necessary to preserve it? If you vote me out, my strategy will have failed. Rationality will have failed. If I vote you out, I can continue with my strategy to its logical conclusion, a victory for the innocents.

At a certain point, one must go from narrowing the field to using the narrowed field to identify bad guys. Right now, with my vote against you, I am doing both. I am getting rid of a player opposed to rationality, aka weak. But then again, I find your sudden lack of rationality suspicious, thus, I have identified you as a bad guy. Either way, it's your time to leave the game so the innocents can win.

I abhor a tie, so I'm sorry, but it's darth_vader this time around. You have been gunning for mrxak quite a bit, so... I'm sorry, but it's you. If you turn out to be innocent, well, then I'll vote for mrxak next round with no regrets.

Holy mother of pearl surprising me there mrxak. Shoo. 😛

Current Vote Tally:
darth_vader: (5)
mrxak
Mispeled
LNSU
nfreader
Mackilroy

mrxak: (4)
Shlimazel
GutlessWonder
darth_vader
Eugene Chin

LNSU: (1)
RJC Ultra

No Vote: (3)
1Eevee1
lemonyscapegoat
prophile

@mackilroy, on Jun 12 2008, 11:46 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 25:

Holy mother of pearl surprising me there mrxak. Shoo. 😛

Buh?

@mrxak, on Jun 12 2008, 11:45 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 25:

I'm voting for you now because you are a threat to me, yes. Rather than putting forth your own strategy, you are just trying to stop mine. If you agree that I'm being rational, or at least that my stated strategy is rational, then isn't it rational to think that I'd do what's necessary to preserve it? If you vote me out, my strategy will have failed. Rationality will have failed. If I vote you out, I can continue with my strategy to its logical conclusion, a victory for the innocents.

What are you talking about? I know my posts are long but have you even been reading them? Of course you have. This is more twisting of the truth. Right now I'm voting for someone who I'm sure is guilty. I'm not worried about lurkers or late voters, I'm worried about killing a terrorist. You've done nothing but prove your own guilt over and over again, so what do you expect me to do? I agree that your stated strategy is rational but since you haven't been following it as I have demonstrated already, I have no reason to believe that anything you do is aimed toward an innocent victory.

At a certain point, one must go from narrowing the field to using the narrowed field to identify bad guys. Right now, with my vote against you, I am doing both. I am getting rid of a player opposed to rationality, aka weak. But then again, I find your sudden lack of rationality suspicious, thus, I have identified you as a bad guy. Either way, it's your time to leave the game so the innocents can win.

How can you possibly expect anyone to believe that I'm opposed to rationality? I've met your deceptions with logical arguments which you ignore or twist. At this point you've gone from dissembling to straight out lying. I've made long posts addressing everything you've said. Even you have to admit that I'm playing in a very rational manner. Your accusation is baseless, as you well know, and is predicated on my threat to you, not on any other reason. Frankly I'm a little disappointed. I expected that you would have thought this through further. The most frustrating thing is that no one is reading the topic apart from me, so by the time all this is read it will probably be too late.

Also, Mack, you're being really obvious. I know you don't abhor a tie. If you were innocent and had taken the time to read my posts I don't think you'd see anything wrong with me "gunning for mrxak."

Alright, I've enjoyed tearing into your posts, mrxak, but as I said before, the round ends in 2.5 hours, and I don't think anyone is going to read this post. I also think it's probably too late to save my own life now, so I'll go ahead and say this now.
I'm the Intel Agent.** I've investigated mrxak in the most recent inactive phase and found him as guilty as it is possible to be, so I know it for sure although I suspected it a good while before that. I hoped my push would get him killed, but I've missed by one vote both last round and this, and because of that two more innocents will be dead after this round. RJC Ultra and LNSU are both innocent. I have not contacted either of them. I asked kickme about PMing but he never gave me a definite response so I didn't talk to them at all. I have not investigated Mack but it's pretty clear at this point that if mrxak is guilty he must be. A third terrorist could be nfreader. I'm fairly sure of this though less sure than I am of the other two. Please kill these three next, in the following order: mrxak first, mack next, nfreader last.

If mrxak was right about one thing it was the tragedy of not enough people actually playing the game. It allowed him undue influence as he was able to easily manipulate people while he avoided too much scrutiny from anyone other than myself and Shlim, who is actually pretty perceptive and will probably soon become a skillful player as long as he keeps thinking about the game. Once I'm dead my role should be confirmed, and you'll see that all of this is true, even the opinion parts of what I've said. Please obey my last wishes. I'd say it's the least you could do after thoroughly screwing things up and then determinedly foiling my attempts to correct them. Basically, I'm saying that you all need to actually try to win. Anyway, good luck with that. I'll be away next week so I'll probably sit the next game out. This is my last game in a while, please make my side win. And have fun doing it, of course.

Active round over.

######.

These days always end too ######ing fast, even though I know exactly how long they last.

Well, we'll soon know who the terrorists are. It all depends on darth's role.

@1eevee1, on Jun 13 2008, 11:37 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 25:

Well, we'll soon know who the terrorists are. It all depends on darth's role.

I guess kickme is using Blizzard's definition of "Soon."

Or maybe Pace's.

Yes, I can has returned. If darth is really who he says he is, then that means that I will be completely validated. I've been telling you all for some time that mrxak is up to no good, now we get to see if I'm right.

I'll point out that a tie gives the terrorists a free kill, but breaking it gives us a chance. If I was wrong last round, I'm guaranteed to vote for mrxak this upcoming round.

It appears that the less people there is, the more goes on. Exciting! And our 'detective' is going to be happy again. darth_vader, could you please follow him?

darth_vader gets up, and beings running for the exit, before being tasered by one of LNSU's body gaurds and is carried off. darth_vader's body guards object to their leader being tasered and open fire on LNSU before shooting themselves.

That wasn't very nice. He was only helping us. Anyway, it appears that LNSU's country has been nuked.

darth_vader was investigating other countries. LNSU was innocent.

Player list:
1Eevee1
Eugene Chin
GutlessWonder
Lemonyscapegoat
Mackilroy
Mispeled
mrxak
nfreader
prophile
RJC Ultra
Shlimazel

See? What'd I tell you? Die, mrxak! Die!

This post has been edited by Shlimazel : 14 June 2008 - 04:35 PM

prophile

mrxak

mrxak , I might be quiet but I'm not stupid. I read your post yesterday and it was all mrxak, mrxak, mrxak, mrxak, mrxak. I reserved judgement. However, turning on me because I make an easy target isn't going to save you today. Thing is, I've played the werewolf game plenty of times before, and I see a wolf sitting under the radar not by idling, but by acting as if a leader. Sorry mate, you don't fool me.

mrxak. You as good as pulled the trigger on darth_vader and LNSU. Your guilt has been confirmed, and it is now time for you to face the cold justice of a firing squad.

mrxak