Global Thermonuclear War Game 25

@mrxak, on Jun 2 2008, 07:08 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 25:

I'm hoping SoItBegins will get bored with getting killed for voting randomly before I get bored of voting him out.

I'm hoping you'll get tired of voting me out, then, cause I am NEVER going to stop the 'first round random vote' thing.

@mrxak, on Jun 2 2008, 08:07 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 25:

The fact he voted first makes me think it's a definite possibility. Normally he votes much later on, bandwagons while pretending to be voting randomly. Perhaps this is his attempt at avoiding suspicion early.

1. All my random votes actually ARE random. I can show you a screenshot from random.org if you wish.

2. I try to make the first vote in all games-- I just don't always get there first.

3. Avoiding suspicion? If I wanted to do that, I wouldn't bother to do this random vote thing at all. This way, I know exactly who I want to vote for, for a perfectly good reason: The computer told me so.

(aside, to the computer) Yes, F.A.T.E., I know you're a good boy then. 😛

I would rather not jump on a bandwagon, so at least for the moment I shall Not Abstain.

This post has been edited by Shlimazel : 02 June 2008 - 02:14 PM

Spoiler

SoItBegins

In self-defence. The more votes he has, the less likely it is I'm voted out that round.

Edit: vote retracted.

This post has been edited by LNSU : 03 June 2008 - 07:54 PM

@jacabyte, on Jun 2 2008, 10:14 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 25:

I don't like it when people put random votes against anyone, but at least SIB is doing it without trying to hide it. Therefore, my vote goes to mrxak because almost all the votes during the first round are blatant attacks against somebody or random, so SIB is kind of danged if he does and danged if he doesn't under mrxak's argument.

We don't have a whole lot to go on in any round, unless we're lucky enough to have super powers. I don't see the first round as being any different than later rounds with that regard. If we always just voted randomly every time without a care in the world, the terrorists would always win. SoItBegins could simply let a computer play for him at random, or he could pay attention to how various other people are voting and attempt to make an informed choice.

Like for instance:

@gutlesswonder, on Jun 2 2008, 10:53 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 25:

1Eevee1

raises some red flags for me. If SoItBegins had waited a bit and voted for GutlessWonder after this post, there wouldn't be a problem.

I ask you this, do you want human beings trying to figure out who the bad guys are using deductive reasoning and experience, or do you want a computer to pick randomly? I choose the former, because it's a lot more fun and a lot more likely the innocents will win, so I'm voting out the robot.

Why does SoItBegins even want to play if he's going to have a computer make his moves for him?

You say everyone votes randomly the first round, but I am clearly not. I'm voting based on a strategy of eliminating the people who will not help us, and eventually I will either have enough information to go on, or the game will just have the smart people left who can figure it out for me.

If that doesn't convince you, how about this? If he keeps voting at random, maybe he'll vote for you next, when you've done nothing wrong at all. I imagine LNSU isn't too happy about SoItBegin's random generator.

@darwinian, on Jun 2 2008, 10:50 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 25:

You mean finding three of the terrorists before anyone else? Or getting continually voted on because no one believed me? 😉

The latter, obviously.

Nice argument, but given that 'the robot' only random posts on the first turn your argument pretty much disintegrates. It's not like he conceals the fact that he random votes on the first turn, then stops random voting for the rest of the round. So now I'm getting suspicious of you, given that you chose to omit this observation in order to go after SIB.

This post has been edited by Shlimazel : 02 June 2008 - 01:40 PM

@mrxak, on Jun 2 2008, 11:14 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 25:

...SoItBegins could simply let a computer play for him at random, or he could pay attention to how various other people are voting and attempt to make an informed choice.

...do you want human beings trying to figure out who the bad guys are using deductive reasoning and experience, or do you want a computer to pick randomly? I choose the former, because it's a lot more fun and a lot more likely the innocents will win, so I'm voting out the robot.

Why does SoItBegins even want to play if he's going to have a computer make his moves for him?

If that doesn't convince you, how about this? If he keeps voting at random, maybe he'll vote for you next, when you've done nothing wrong at all. I imagine LNSU isn't too happy about SoItBegin's random generator.

1. I only vote randomly in the first round of every game. I attempt to be the very first vote of the game (as a sort of opening shot.) I vote randomly NOWHERE else.

2. Why do you insist that I make a meaningful vote in the first round? If this were the second round, or the third round, then I could see exactly where you would be coming from. Here, however, you're just trying to conform the game to your own too-strict standards. As Mackilroy reminded me the last game when he killed me off, there's more to life than winning...

3. Slander me, diss me, whatever, but get my name right!! My name is SoItBegins, which is all one word. If you're going to use the posessive, you do "SoItBegins' vote" or "SoItBegins's vote", but never, ever , ever "SoItBegin's vote." Remember this.

I'm getting pretty suspicious of Mrxak. Given that he knows that SIB votes randomly in turn one but not any other turns, there's no real reason for Mrxak to pursue this crusade. Therefore, I vote for mrxak.

Somehow, though, I don't think this was the type of 'informed choice' mrxak was looking for...

This post has been edited by Shlimazel : 02 June 2008 - 02:20 PM

I find it peculiar that SIB would give up so much fuss about his user name...

@templar98921, on Jun 2 2008, 11:15 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 25:

No, wait. Kickme, does anything bad happen if we abstain?

No.

@jacabyte, on Jun 2 2008, 12:18 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 25:

It's my name. I'm sick of people mishandling it (which has happened waaay to often, both here and elsewhere, believe you me.)

@jacabyte, on Jun 2 2008, 02:18 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 25:

I find it quite annoying as well when people put EVHawkman and stuff like that. And also I'm voting for you, I want to get you out because you didn't get voted out first last round. Doesn't everyone know JacaByte is the one who must be voted off first!

@shlimazel, on Jun 2 2008, 02:13 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 25:

I'm getting pretty suspicious of Mrxak. Given that he knows that SIB votes randomly in turn one but not any other turns, there's no real reason for Mrxak to pursue this crusade. Therefore, I vote for mrxak.

Somehow, though, I don't think this was the type of 'informed choice' mrxak was looking for...

I'm trying to get rid of people who aren't helpful. Voting randomly in any round is a bad idea. People that have bad ideas from day one don't inspire much confidence. I'm omitting nothing, I am just saying that doing something as dumb as letting a machine play for you ever is a sign that you shouldn't be playing at all. Either SoItBegins is a bad guy, or he's an innocent that is helping the bad guys. It's as simple as that.

At least you made a choice. A poor one, but a choice. You'd be better off trying to convince me that my vote for SoItBegins is bad, and offering an alternative. Voting against me doesn't exactly make me feel like I should listen to you. If anything, it just forces me not to change my vote, because if I do we'll have a two-way tie and the terrorists get a free kill. And for all I know you and SoItBegins are working together anyway. Why else would you get so worked up about a vote for SoItBegins?

Also, just a thought, the people who have been playing this for much longer know that I'm usually very aggressive. The newer players may think this is suspicious behavior, but it's just how I play. I don't mince words, and I don't always care if we kill a good guy if it makes it easier to kill a bad guy in the next round. It's greater good time, and sacrifices sometimes need to be made so that the innocents can win. If you are doing something stupid that can get the rest of us killed, I'll call you on it and vote you out, simple as that. It's also often enough of the case that the bad guys are the ones doing stupid things in their votes. If you think I'm wrong, convince me.

@mrxak, on Jun 2 2008, 11:07 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 25:

The only way the innocents can win is if we get rid of people who cause distractions.

Wrong answer. We win by killing terrorists.

If killing annoying people is really all you care about, then EVHawkman is a much better choice, anyway.

The only thing I have an issue with is equating "voting randomly" with "killing randomly". No vote is set in stone until the end of the round. If SIB is willing to change his vote when he finds someone more suspicious, there's nothing anti-town about his initial random vote.

Also, just a thought, the people who have been playing this for much longer know that I'm usually very aggressive. The newer players may think this is suspicious behavior, but it's just how I play. I don't mince words, and I don't always care if we kill a good guy if it makes it easier to kill a bad guy in the next round. It's greater good time, and sacrifices sometimes need to be made so that the innocents can win. If you are doing something stupid that can get the rest of us killed, I'll call you on it and vote you out, simple as that. It's also often enough of the case that the bad guys are the ones doing stupid things in their votes.

Older players also know that mrxak has been evil more often than any other player on this forum a disproportionately large amount of the time. Sorry, after fact-checking over old games, the award for "Most Frequently Evil" goes to nfreader.

It stems from his unparalleled performance as an Evil Dictator in Game 1, in which he got the Intelligence Agent Lynched in the very first round, and proceeded unchallenged to evil victory from there

Thus, while the law of averages says he should be Innocent for the next two-or-three dozen game's he's in, hosts who choose roles rather than randomizing them tend to pick mrxak as evil a disproportionate amount of the time.

If I'm reading the vote correctly (In vote-count/cronological order):

SoItBegins: (3)
prophile
mrxak
LNSU

mrxak: (2)
JacaByte
Shlimazel

LNSU: (1)
SoItBegins

Templar98921: (1)
Mackilroy

1Eevee1: (1)
GutlessWonder

JacaByte: (1)
EKHawkman

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 02 June 2008 - 03:59 PM

darth_vader for challenging the tradition of voting for SIB.

@ekhawkman, on Jun 2 2008, 02:04 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 25:

I find it quite annoying as well when people put EVHawkman and stuff like that. And also I'm voting for you, I want to get you out because you didn't get voted out first last round. Doesn't everyone know JacaByte is the one who must be voted off first!

Well, look what the cat drug in; a council member who thinks there was a round previous to this one, even though this is the first round in the game.

Actually I was recalling a previous lifetime. Reincarnation ya know 😉 Oh and if I am recalling a previous round what about mrxak and all the ones who vote for SIB. Or those defending him saying he always votes randomly. Just think of this as a tradition I'm trying to establish.

And the Hawkman, the one with a K and not a V, spoke and decreed that the one that has a byte amount of Jaca must be voted off. CONFORM TO IT! CONFORM!!!

Jaca convince me you are not a terrorist. And give me a better target. Maybe one that resembles a pokemon if you can.

Edit: Seriousness will start up in about 2 rounds when its easier to determine who is who and what is what.

This post has been edited by EKHawkman : 02 June 2008 - 04:22 PM

You still got it wrong; I have a Jaca amount of Byte, and thus I'm unmeasurable. You don't represent any type of majority, and the only way that I can prove that I'm not a terrorist is by getting killed. Your demands are unreasonable.

EKHawman, again and again, we've tried to tell you that silliness, especially silliness in who you choose to vote for, will get you targeted.

Could you consider toning it down this round, instead of two rounds from now?

SoItBegins: (3)
prophile
mrxak
LNSU

mrxak: (2)
JacaByte
Shlimazel

LNSU: (1)
SoItBegins

Templar98921: (1)
Mackilroy

1Eevee1: (1)
GutlessWonder

JacaByte: (1)
EKHawkman

darth_vader: (1)
jrsh92

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 02 June 2008 - 04:32 PM

allrigtht. But you got lucky. I'll still keep my vote the same as while I dont overly want to jump on the mrxak wagon and neither the SIB. Plus if I just go out and vote randomly again I'm going to get attacked most likely. Plus jaca isn't in any danger.