Global Thermonuclear War Game 25

_Welcome to this peace ceremony. We, F.A.G., were recently in control of some great looking warheads. However, like the rest of you seem to have done, we have disposed of them to further world peace and all that stuff. However, you are probably all aware of the recent tragedy that occurred in Manta's country. It appears that some of you did not destroy your nuclear stockpiles, but have hidden them for your personal use while the rest of the world's leaders cannot retaliate.

This is why you have all been called here today. I.N.T.E.L.L.I.G.E.N.C.E. has determined that there is at least three countries with hidden stockpiles, with the possibility of a fourth country being involved in this scandal. One of you, who wishes to remain hidden, his informed me that they are currently investigating the other countries. I have also given one of you the ability to use our advance anti-nuclear defence system. Please try to stop us all from being killed.

As you all hold significant power in your countries, you're allowed two armed bodyguards for this meeting. Please keep them under control. Any assassination attempts will be punished severely by a group spanking.

You have roughly 48 hours to decide who you want to tort.. I mean investigate. Our investigator will ensure that the investigated leader wont return until after we have either discovered who amongst you still have nukes, or we are all vaporised.

Have fun. (:_

• Rules will be roughly two days, ending sometime between 1600 and 1900 NZST.
  • Ties are left as ties
  • Abstaining/no votes are ignored
  • Voting starts once everyone has received a PM.
  • Bold your vote
  • When retracting, unbold your vote and add in (retracted)

Player list:
1Eevee1
darth_vader - Investigated by F.A.G.
EKHawkman - Killed by nuke holders
egroeg - Investigated by F.A.G.
Eugene Chin

GutlessWonder - Killed by nuke holders
Hypochondriac - Investigated by F.A.G.
JacaByte - Killed by drugged up body guards
jrsh92 - Killed by nuke holders
Lemonyscapegoat

LNSU - Killed by nuke holders
Mackilroy - Investigated by F.A.G.
Mispeled

mrxak - Investigated by F.A.G.
nfreader

prophile - Investigated by F.A.G.
RJC Ultra

Shlimazel - Killed by nuke holders
SoItBegins - Killed by nuke holders
Templar98921 - Investigated by F.A.G.

This post has been edited by kickme : 24 June 2008 - 02:49 AM

Since I have my PM, and I'm alphabetically last, I'll start things off.

Hi! Also, F.A.G? Tsk, tsk.

All PM sent. You can vote now. 🙂

Are we allowed to have female ninja bodyguards?

Yes. I had a female ninja bodyguard last night.

I'll vote for you unless you give me her number.

Just to clarify: Ties result in no action?

If there's a tie, the round ends without someone being investigated.

All right! Let's spin the SoItBegins Random Roulette Wheel, of Life, Death, and iToldYouSo!

Aaaand the winner is... LNSU! This vote has been retracted for to let me save my own skin.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 03 June 2008 - 12:33 AM

Woo! Shameless Apple Plug ( i ToldYouSo)!

Product placement.

It what separates us from the animals.

I second the female ninja idea, and...

No, wait. Kickme, does anything bad happen if we abstain?

In the interests of keeping up traditions, SoItBegins.

@soitbegins, on Jun 2 2008, 03:55 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 25:

All right! Let's spin the SoItBegins Random Roulette Wheel, of Life, Death, and iToldYouSo!

Aaaand the winner is... LNSU!

For once, your "random" vote actually appears random. Had it been a more blatant attack on somebody specific, I'd have voted for you for lying. Instead, I shall vote for you for voting randomly, because random votes suck and until you stop doing them, I don't want you in the game causing trouble for random people that could easily be innocent.

SoItBegins(retracted)

Random voting IS bad, but maybe we shouldn't always vote SIB in the first round, it gets boring...

I'm hoping SoItBegins will get bored with getting killed for voting randomly before I get bored of voting him out.

I don't honestly feel your solution is so much better, mrxak. First round random voting every game is irritating, but creating an automatic first round bandwagon every game also doesn't strike me as a great thing to do. Furthermore, the more people fall into patterns in the first round, almost as if you're following some script for the beginning of the game (SIB votes randomly, mrxak votes for SIB etc.) the harder it becomes to spot anomalous activity. Had SIB's vote not seemed random, as it didn't last game, I would have jumped on him for hiding a motivated vote behind randomness. But it didn't, and since no one knows what's going on yet, it doesn't matter all that much. Anyway, I don't know what's going on and this whole post so far has been metagame-y. I'm not voting right now but I will later. I don't plan to abstain.

Also, kickme, what is your view on PMs in this game? Encouraged, discouraged, or you don't care?

I'm going to vote for Templar98921 since I don't know him at all. Stupid reason, yes, but that's all right. 🙂

The only way the innocents can win is if we get rid of people who cause distractions. SoItBegins routinely does so. If darwinian was playing I'd consider voting for him the first round too, because of what happened last game. Plus, SoItBegins is bound to be guilty sooner or later, and if we always kill him first when he votes randomly, eventually we'll kill the first terrorist in the first round. Who knows, maybe it's this game. The fact he voted first makes me think it's a definite possibility. Normally he votes much later on, bandwagons while pretending to be voting randomly. Perhaps this is his attempt at avoiding suspicion early.

Anyway, calling it an automatic first round bandwagon is rather silly, and not just because complaining about bandwagons is silly. Only 10% of the players have now voted for SoItBegins, not exactly overwhelming, and it's only automatic if SoItBegins does the same harmful behavior before I get around to voting and nobody else looks suspicious.

Mackilroy: Also he has too many numbers. Best to get rid of him early so we don't have to keep typing them all out later on.

I don't like it when people put random votes against anyone, but at least SIB is doing it without trying to hide it. Therefore, my vote goes to mrxak because almost all the votes during the first round are blatant attacks against somebody or random, so SIB is kind of danged if he does and danged if he doesn't under mrxak's argument.

@mrxak, on Jun 2 2008, 03:07 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 25:

If darwinian was playing I'd consider voting for him the first round too, because of what happened last game.

You mean finding three of the terrorists before anyone else? Or getting continually voted on because no one believed me? 😉

xander

1Eevee1