Global Thermonuclear War Game 24

@jacabyte, on May 17 2008, 11:38 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 24:

Still having some flashbacks to Game 24, xander? We're not the traitors.

Given that this is game 24, I must admit that I don't know what you are talking about. However, rather than jumping to the conclusion that you are a traitor, I will instead just assume that you made a typographical error, and meant some other game (though I still do not know to what you are referring).

xander

Round One Votes:
darth_vader - SoItBegins
darwinian - jrsh92
egroeg - kickme
EKHawkman - LNSU
Eugene Chin - LNSU
Hypochondriac - Manta
JacaByte - darwinian
jrsh92 - darwinian
kickme - prophile
lemonyscapegoat -
LNSU - SoItBegins
Mackilroy - SoItBegins
Manta - Hypochondriac
Mispeled - nfreader
nfreader -
prophile - SoItBegins
Rickton - darwinian
RJC Ultra - darwinian
SoItBegins - prophile
Templar98921 - LNSU

Please double check that I didn't miss any other votes. Sheesh, this should get easier when there are less of you :p.

Hi, uhh sorry I'm late guys. Traffic was killer, what's all this about nukes then?

I honestly forgot about this thing, thanks for reminding me mrxak. Now then, to business. I'm a little curious about this whole terrible hatred of bandwagons we've got going on here. We do after all have to have the majority of votes going towards someone to kill them off, and in a game such as this where not voting is penalized, bandwagonning can hardly be relied upon for exposing terrorists. perhaps if you've got an obscene number of people voting on some ridiculous reason there may be cause to examine some of them, but certainly not when 2 or 3 people agree that a person is suspicious. With that in mind, I vote for darwinian , my reasons for doing so are the same as have already been said.

oh, and why is there a baloon animal at the podium?

This post has been edited by lemonyscapegoat : 17 May 2008 - 08:39 PM

@lemonyscapegoat, on May 17 2008, 09:38 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 24:

Hi, uhh sorry I'm late guys. Traffic was killer, what's all this about nukes then?

I honestly forgot about this thing, thanks for reminding me mrxak. Now then, to business. I'm a little curious about this whole terrible hatred of bandwagons we've got going on here. We do after all have to have the majority of votes going towards someone to kill them off, and in a game such as this where not voting is penalized, bandwagonning can hardly be relied upon for exposing terrorists. perhaps if you've got an obscene number of people voting on some ridiculous reason there may be cause to examine some of them, but certainly not when 2 or 3 people agree that a person is suspicious. With that in mind, I vote for darwinian , my reasons for doing so are the same as have already been said.

oh, and why is there a baloon animal at the podium?

it's reading our minds and gathering information for the balloon animal revolt.

This post has been edited by Hypochondriac : 17 May 2008 - 08:45 PM

Will this game be reveal or no reveal after a person's death? I looked over mrxak's original post and I could not find any information one way or the other, He only said he would not reveal ahead of time what roles were exactly in this game.

@manta, on May 17 2008, 09:43 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 24:

Will this game be reveal or no reveal after a person's death? I looked over mrxak's original post and I could not find any information one way or the other, He only said he would not reveal ahead of time what roles were exactly in this game.

from what I understood roles would be reveled at the end of the second inactive round

prophile is evil!

Yeah, we really shouldn't let nfreader fly under the radar like this.

@darwinian, on May 17 2008, 06:09 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 24:

Given that this is game 24, I must admit that I don't know what you are talking about. However, rather than jumping to the conclusion that you are a traitor, I will instead just assume that you made a typographical error, and meant some other game (though I still do not know to what you are referring).

xander

Game 23, when the terrorists were called traitors instead, just like in game 22 when they were called cops.

We all seem to make typographical errors, anyhow...

Eh. I still think darwinian's suspicious but nfreader 's even more so, and the tie needs to be broken, even if I do think SIB is innocent. Oh well, maybe it'll teach him not to play Russian Nuke Roulette every round...

This post has been edited by Rickton : 17 May 2008 - 09:54 PM

Everyone has voted, the round will end in one hour.

Round One Votes:
darth_vader - SoItBegins
darwinian - jrsh92
egroeg - kickme
EKHawkman - LNSU
Eugene Chin - LNSU
Hypochondriac - Manta
JacaByte - darwinian
jrsh92 - darwinian
kickme - prophile
lemonyscapegoat - darwinian
LNSU - SoItBegins
Mackilroy - SoItBegins
Manta - Hypochondriac
Mispeled - nfreader
nfreader - prophile
prophile - SoItBegins
Rickton - nfreader
RJC Ultra - darwinian
SoItBegins - prophile
Templar98921 - LNSU

I'm sticking to my guns against darwinian simply because of him sticking to his guns against me (against all reason) but I agree that nfreader is a threat that must be removed. His non-existence then an unexplained vote is... troubling.

@jrsh92, on May 17 2008, 11:17 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War Game 24:

nfreader is a threat that must be removed

That's a very strong statement.

I change my vote to

Spoiler

SoItBegins

to break the tie.

edit: oops, wrong guy. I meant to vote for Darwinian to break the tie.

This post has been edited by LNSU : 17 May 2008 - 10:35 PM

Point taken. Please take anything I say now with a grain of salt, knowing that I am so horribly sleep deprived that I can't really comprehend what I'm trying to say, let alone make it come out in a way that others can understand.

In all seriousness though, nfreader is saying nothing and voting unprovoked, and while attracting some attention now is flying below the radar in the sense that it hasn't gotten him voted out yet. Although saying "he is a threat that must be removed" is really stating it too strongly, I don't think the guy deserves to be in the game if he's not playing it. Also, there's a chance that he's actually a terrorist, although I think a terrorist would not be so obviously, stubbornly absent from the game, it doesn't hurt to look at his bizarre behavior on the chance that it is a giveaway of evil activity.

Or maybe the poor soul is just unlucky. I mean although we jumped on him, maybe he was just late, as wasn't polite enough to offer an apology. I mean, mispeled was on him before he even posted.

He probably should have expanded his point against profile though.

_"Hmm, let's not waste any more time now, I'm sure the terrorists will strike any minute!" mrxak says, popping up from behind the podium. None had seen him enter the room. "Mr. Fishie? Do you have the final tally?"

mrxak holds the balloon animal up to his ear, and appears to be listening to it for several minutes of awkward silence.

"Oh my," mrxak finally says. "Oh my indeed. Well, my happy friends, it seems we've reached a decision!"_

Round One Votes:
darth_vader - SoItBegins
darwinian - jrsh92
egroeg - kickme
EKHawkman - LNSU
Eugene Chin - LNSU
Hypochondriac - Manta
JacaByte - darwinian
jrsh92 - darwinian
kickme - prophile
lemonyscapegoat - darwinian
LNSU - darwinian
Mackilroy - SoItBegins
Manta - Hypochondriac
Mispeled - nfreader
nfreader - prophile
prophile - SoItBegins
Rickton - nfreader
RJC Ultra - darwinian
SoItBegins - prophile
Templar98921 - LNSU

darwinian - 5
SoItBegins - 3
LNSU - 3
prophile - 3
nfreader - 2
jrsh92 - 1
kickme - 1
Manta - 1
Hypochondriac - 1

_"With five votes for darwinian, we shall execute him immediately, yay!" mrxak yells.

"Yay!" everyone but darwinian cheers as well. Guards come in and drag darwinian away to be horribly killed.

"Well, with that exciting, exciting conclusion of the vote, I'm sure we all need snacks. Everyone go get some snacks from the vending machine in the corner. Just queue up nicely, no pushing!" mrxak says, as the delegates run to the vending machine, fighting to be first._

Thus, darwinian has been voted out. He is now dead.

Round One First Inactive Phase begins now. I require PMs from anybody who has something to do in the first inactive phase. You have 12 hours, although if you get your actions done quickly, we can begin the second inactive phase sooner.

"Subject XDR102 has just experienced simulated cardiac failure, doctor."
"Yes, that is to be expected, but I see everything is still within tolerance."
"Yes doctor. Doctor?"
"Yes Clara?"
"Is it really necessary to push it so close to tolerance?"
"We must. Don't forget what happened at 74%."
"But 92%, it's dangerous."
"I know, but we have no choice."

In before mrxak says "Snacks are poisoned."

(EDIT) Recompiling the above voting data for my own ease and convenience of use.
Edit done around the beginning of Round 5.
(EDITx2) Now color-coded for my convenience.

darwinian: (5)
jrsh92
JacaByte
RJC Ultra
lemonyscapegoat
LNSU

SoItBegins: (3)
darth_vader
Mackilroy
prophile

LNSU: (3)
Eugene Chin
Templar98921
EKHawkman

prophile: (3)
kickme
SoItBegins
nfreader

nfreader: (2)
Mispeled
Rickton - > (was darwinian)

jrsh92: (1)
darwinian

kickme: (1)
egroeg

Manta: (1)
Hypochondriac

Hypochondriac: (1)
Manta

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 26 May 2008 - 01:53 PM

Congratulations. You all jumped on a bandwagon and killed an innocent. Good luck!

xander

Thanks for that. We'll see.