Global Thermonuclear War Game 24

Remember, I need PMs from anybody that acts in the first inactive phase by noon today. That's a little under 5 hours from now.

I GET TO THE SNACK MACHINE FIRST! NOM NOM NOM NOM!
And sorry for my semi-lurking I have been having a very busy social schedule and cannot seem to make it in as much as I would like. But I plan to be in during the week. (weird eh? I have time during the week but not the weekend) If you like to talk to tomatoes, if you like to laugh with lettuce, if a squash can make you smileeeee. Have we got a show for you, VEGGIE TALES VEGGIE TALES. Sorry balloon animals reminded me of that.

Wasn't something going to happen by... 4 hours ago?

I'm guessing mrxak is busy with real life stuff. I doubt he would have waited part his deadline for messages

Alright, I'm back and I want to vote for...wait...this is a new game? 😞

As an aside, AT&T doesn't own near as much line as they think they do. At least my new internet is working (although our router has failed after the move).

Good luck with your doomsday, gentlemen.

Ok. getting slightly worried mrxak is generally prompt, and tends to inform us of any foreseeable delays

Manybe one of the specials was the ability to kidnap the game host! 😄

It could be the specials fault...

It could be the terrorist's fault...

I doubt he would wait 9h for the specials. I remember in a previous game he mentioned not waiting for them. if they couldn't respond in time they gave up there vote. Besides if it were their fault wouldn't he have mentioned something

I'm not sure it's quite time to start worrying about mrxak's health yet, but it's safe to assume this isn't planned...

Maybe he's planning a balloon animal extravaganza.

Or maybe not.

Mrxak ARE YOU THERE? DO YOU NEED HELP? PLEASE COME BACK!

Found him.

######, my bad guys. I had an unplanned late night, slept well past noon, and then completely forgot. Posts incoming. The short of it is, all but one special role sent me a PM already, and the remaining PM I don't need to get before active phase round two, so I'm going to skip the second inactive phase, start the new round now, and as long as the person in question PMs me within 12 hours, it's all good.

nfreader , your lurking has to stop. I agree with whoever said last round that possibly we hadn't given you enough time to defend yourself yet, but I don't think it's unreasonable for us to, after a whole round, demand some sort of action other than silence and unexplained votes from you.

manta I suspect you are evil this game. unlike last game where you were innocent and followed up you accusations, you're rather quite this round. I suspect you hoped to throw my name out and stay hidden hidden if others members followed your example.

_mrxak bursts into the room half-naked, clutching his violin case, and looking flustered.

"Wow guys, sorry I'm late," he gasps, catching his breath, finishing buttoning up his shirt. "I called ahead to tell Mr. Fishie to start the next inactive phase, but apparently Mr. Fishie doesn't have a cell phone. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed your snacks."

mrxak opens the violin case and pulls out some balloons, and makes a cell phone for Mr. Fishie.

"There we go, very good, now that won't happen again," mrxak explains. "Now, before we continue with the second round, I just wanted to ask you all to do a head-count. Alphabetical order now."

"Here!" darth_vader says.
"Here!" darwinian says.
"Also here!" egroeg calls out.
"Am I next?" EKHawkman looks around confused. "Oh yes, I'm here!"
"Eugene Chin is here," he says.
"Present!" Hypochondriac exclaims.
"President!" JacaByte says, then giggles.
"I'm here," jrsh92 states calmly.
"kickme is here."
"lemonyscapegoat, late but here," a voice is heard as another delegate bursts into the room half-naked and clutching a briefcase.
"LNSU present."
Mackilroy explodes.
"I am here," Manta says.
"Mispeled."
nfreader bursts into the room late, behind lemonyscapegoat, also clutching a briefcase and still getting dressed. "I'm here!"
"Here!" prophile yells.
"Present!" Rickton calls out.
"Also present!" RJC Ultra says.
"I'm here, yay!" SoItBegins screams.
"Templar98921."

"Awesome!" mrxak says." Looks like everybody is here, even darwinian. "Hey wait, didn't we kill that guy?"

darwinian looks around, eyeing the other delgates suspiciously, and says nothing.

"Oh well, I'm sure there's a perfectly rational explanation for that," mrxak nods. "In any case, I wanted to applaud your enthusiasim for the head count, especially you Mackilroy, I've never seen anybody explode like that before."

"Uh, I think he's dead, actually," one of the delegates who was sitting near him says, wiping off the bloody chunks of flesh.

"Oh. How unfortunate. I guess the terrorists finally killed off one of you. Oh my," mrxak shakes his head slowly. "Can we get somebody in here to clean that up? Ah yes, thank you."

Several janitors come in with mops, on queue, and begin to wipe up the remains of Mackilroy. Then suddenly one of them springs forward and stabs SoItBegins in the neck with a spring-loaded hidden blade at their wrist. SoItBegins gurgles, then falls dead. The assassin immediately runs up a wall and leaps out of a window.

"Huh, how strange," mrxak remarks. "Did you see that coming, Mr. Fishie?"

mrxak holds the fish up to his ear for a short time, apparently listening very closely.

"Well, in any case, it seems we have two messes to clean up now."_

darth_vader
darwinian
egroeg
EKHawkman
Eugene Chin
Hypochondriac
JacaByte
jrsh92
kickme
lemonyscapegoat
LNSU
Manta
Mispeled
nfreader
prophile
Rickton
RJC Ultra
Templar98921

Mackilroy was eliminated by terrorists. Mackilroy's role was that of Totally Paranoid. In the event of his death, a hired assassin would eliminate whichever name appeared on a paper in an envelope in his desk. Turns out the assassin was really quick about finding out that he was dead and who his target was to be. SoItBegins was an ordinary delegate, however Mackilroy wanted him to die.

darwinian has been saved from the clutches of death, somehow. You are free to speculate as to how, but I will not confirm nor deny any theories. As he is still alive, I will not reveal his role.

_"So, I'm sure you're all eager to keep voting people off. I'm told Mackilroy's nation has been completely destroyed by nukes, which is kinda sad, but at least we get to keep killing each other, right? Right?!?" mrxak looks almost manic in his excitement. "Mr. Fishie's in charge until I get back. I wanna go find out why darwinian's horrible execution didn't stick."

mrxak wanders from the room, and the delegates get back to voting._

For the record, this is Round Two Active Phase. The active phase will end in 48 hours, or when 14 of you have voted. I will count the two votes above, so we are at...

Round Two Votes:
darth_vader -
darwinian -
egroeg -
EKHawkman -
Eugene Chin -
Hypochondriac - Manta
JacaByte -
jrsh92 - nfreader
kickme -
lemonyscapegoat -
LNSU -
Manta -
Mispeled -
nfreader -
prophile -
Rickton -
RJC Ultra -
Templar98921 -

"Okay, system back online. That was a close one."
"Don't worry, none of the subjects actually woke up. We just have to be more careful."
"I'm running diagnostics now. Looks like a subprocess overloaded."
"No, it didn't overload, it got caught in a feedback loop. We just need to be more careful. How close are we to historical data?"
"Within expected parameters. I think we did it."
"Good, just watch out for feedback loops again in the future."
"I will doctor."

Yay we get to kill more people! And more chances at nuclear winter! WOW what a day.
nfreader For being late and not holding a viola case. Also his lurking is kinda scary. But he is a lurky type of guy. Hmm. I think I will stick with this for now.

This post has been edited by EKHawkman : 19 May 2008 - 04:21 PM

Do not read anything into nfreader's lateness beyond the fact that he was the last one to enter a vote the last round. Same goes for lemonyscapegoat and his late vote last round.