GTW Round 19

If I was hosting, I'd have made you a terrorist, just because nobody but me would suspect it.

If you must know, I specifically came to GutlessWonder by flipping one dime once, then two dimes thrice. No grudges were involved.

I save up my grudges for when they really matter, not some random GTW game.

I don't believe you.

@soitbegins, on Feb 5 2008, 02:06 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

One thing you might like to know:

To whoever has been screwing with my vote: I will find you and destroy you, if it takes me 5 games to do it. I am talking Out of Character here, so be warned.

@soitbegins, on Feb 5 2008, 08:42 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

The time I threatened someone was not me threatening to kill someone. I was warning our mystery vote-changer that they had better stop messing around with my vote, or they would face my fury. The thing is, my fury carries over between games, so they'd face my fury in games 18, 19, 20, 21, and 22.

@soitbegins, on Feb 11 2008, 12:17 AM, said in GTW Game 18:

Attention mystery vote-changer: You will not survive make your time.

@soitbegins, on Feb 11 2008, 12:52 AM, said in GTW Game 18:

The warning I'm trying to convey holds true for several games after this one; it's not just some petty thing.

But yes, that's why I care.

Me terrorist or SoItBegins terrorist?

Why a dime? Who has dimes near their computer? (Excluding people who use them to make Text Art. Just with coins. Not text.)

You did seem pretty wound up about the vote changin last game... And I remember someone saying that random voting doesn't help the game. As an added bonus, to not harm the game by randomly voting, you can abstain without a war-mongering computer voting for you.

Please explain your flipping stratagies. I got a way with one dime 4 times, and 1 once and 2 twice (18/2->9/3->3/3->1), but no once then thrice thing...
(I ended up with Jaka both ways =P)

This post has been edited by Buffalo the Kid : 19 February 2008 - 03:04 AM

@buffalo-the-kid, on Feb 19 2008, 12:04 AM, said in GTW Round 19:

Why a dime? Who has dimes near their computer? (Excluding people who use them to make Text Art. Just with coins. Not text.)

You did seem pretty wound up about the vote changin last game... And I remember someone saying that random voting doesn't help the game. As an added bonus, to not harm the game by randomly voting, you can abstain without a war-mongering computer voting for you.

Please explain your flipping stratagies. I got a way with one dime 4 times, and 1 once and 2 twice (18/2->9/3->3/3->1), but no once then thrice thing...
(I ended up with Jaka both ways =P)

1. The dimes were change I pulled out of my pocket.
2. The strategy I used was 18/2 > 9/3 > 3/3 > 1. The reason I had the extra flip is below:

First flip (1 coin): Heads (top half of list)
Second flip (2 coins): Both heads - translates to 0 in binary or decimal - DO OVER
Third flip (2 coins): Both tails - translates to 11 in binary or 3 in decimal - last third of partial list
Fourth flip (2 coins): Head + Tail - translates to 1 in binary or decimal - first name on partial list

I repeat, I am not going to retaliate against GutlessWonder by voting against him. I achieved this outcome purely at random.

@buffalo-the-kid, on Feb 19 2008, 03:04 AM, said in GTW Round 19:

I was referring to SoItBegins, you just happened to post a little sooner than I was able. You I'd probably make the intelligence agent.

...Well as I was one of the vote changers...

SoItBegins , instead of Rickton.

Because we innocents must defend ourselves.

I'm going to take a guess and say that the roles were probably picked at random. Still, mrxak is a lucky individual, and I'll go along with SoItBegins... for now.

You will all be in for a big surprise when you find out I'm innocent... that said, you don't have to take my word for it. I'll just say "I told you so" as I open up the bar.

There's really one of two things here, either you are voting randomly, which is bad, or you're voting based on a grudge from a previous game, which is bad. Either way, even if you aren't a terrorist, you're the right choice to vote off.

Darn most of the people I usually suspect, were rogue last round. I doubt they will be rouge this round as well. I'll wait till tomorrow to see how the vote goes.

This post has been edited by Hypochondriac : 19 February 2008 - 08:54 AM

Self-defense: SoItBegins

This is my first game, and I don't like the idea of it being determined around grudges from games I wasn't in; so I'm voting SoItBegins - Retracted

This post has been edited by FluffyWithTeeth : 19 February 2008 - 10:03 PM

@hypochondriac, on Feb 19 2008, 08:48 AM, said in GTW Round 19:

Darn most of the people I usually suspect, were rogue last round. I doubt they will be rouge this round as well. I'll wait till tomorrow to see how the vote goes.

Rogue and Rouge? Oh those terrorists sure do love their makeup for sure. 😉

This post has been edited by Rickton : 19 February 2008 - 10:08 AM

@soitbegins, on Feb 19 2008, 09:34 AM, said in GTW Round 19:

1. The dimes were change I pulled out of my pocket.

I bet you stole them.

Vote: SoItBegins

I'm going to abstain for now as my vote won't make any difference anyway from the massive bandwagon I'm seeing on SoItBegins and I don't really feel like hopping on with no proof.

This post has been edited by egroeg : 19 February 2008 - 11:35 AM

I agree with egroeg. I won't vote for SoItBegins because there's no 'this round' reason to do so. I abstain.

mrxak: Just because I vote randomly at the beginning of every round...!

RJC Ultra: You may vote for me if you wish, but please leave your accusations of criminal conduct at the door. I do not like being accused of theft. :mad:

FluffyWithTeeth: The vote against GutlessWonder was at random!!!

Oh, and 1Eevee1: I am not sore at you-- you never changed my vote. Not once.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 19 February 2008 - 12:12 PM

I must say though, there is every reason to believe your random vote was not random.

Now SIB knows what it's like to have everyone vote for you, just because someone did without a reason.