GTW Game 18

@rickton, on Feb 8 2008, 03:24 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

There goes "I'm not going to comment on any roles." 😛

I'm more against private PMs between players than I am against players having information about victory conditions. I haven't revealed anything new anyway.

You don't want us to PM each other? Awww... 😞

Looks like I'll just have to fire up Adium instead!

@soitbegins, on Feb 8 2008, 03:06 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

That's one reason I haven't given you very verbose responses to your PMs to myself, or even responded at all to JacaByte's PM. Anything worth saying in a PM is worth saying in the game, you have to remember we're all technically at a conference table.

@soitbegins, on Feb 8 2008, 04:06 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

Perhaps you missed my earlier post where I said PMs were strongly discouraged? Or forgot your first game where you died as a result of PMing people?

The duck is watching you...

Bleah, not as good, but still close.

This post has been edited by 1Eevee1 : 08 February 2008 - 04:54 PM

You're looking for #EEF2F7, #F5F9FD for a lighter post.

Posted Image
Regardless, the duck is still watching you.

Can you till us the results of the investigation earlier then midnight?

@mrxak, on Feb 8 2008, 02:39 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

Perhaps you missed my earlier post where I said PMs were strongly discouraged? Or forgot your first game where you died as a result of PMing people?

No, I haven't. (An extremely long story, I'll have to give it to you after the game is over. To summarize it in one sentence, I think I slipped in the third round.)

In any case, my second dying words to the people of the council is that you should listen to nfreader and Gutless Wonder; they know, or knew in the case of poor nfreader, what they're talking about. I've already said too much throughout the entire game, so that's all the info I'm going to give you guys.

@mrxak, on Feb 8 2008, 01:39 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

I didn't miss that post, and I'm never going to forget game 12. (JacaByte: mrxak was referring to me. I'll tell you the story, after the game ends.)

That said, I'd like to point out that private interpersonal communication is one of the game dynamics that makes the online game of GTW so unpredictable. It empowers the IA role (because the IAs can spill the beans to persons they've 'vetted' first), but also allows more opportunities for the terrorists to hijack the game (because they can try to convince other people that they are the IAs, or some other role than they actually have.) It does keep the game balanced, unless you've got some loose cannon (like me in Game 12) trying to mess with the entire game structure.

Also, it's true to life-- the members of the Council could be texting each other or something.

So, we SMS our votes now?

Fine.

I r vte 4 Hprcndrct cuz vte 4 mi st. 😞

presses send

@1eevee1, on Feb 9 2008, 12:42 AM, said in GTW Game 18:

So, we SMS our votes now?

Fine.

I r vte 4 Hprcndrct cuz vte 4 mi st. 😞

presses send

I assume that's a vote for Hypochondriac?

Anyway, sorry about the delay, I was at a friend's place pretty late tonight. Without further ado, nfreader, it would seem, was one of the rogue members of this council. JacaByte's role will be revealed in another about 22.25 hours.

Yeah, we got one!!

Yup, it's a vote for Hypercondriac. Congrats, mrxak, you got a point in SMS-reading skills!

That also reduces your IQ by 1 though.

...wait a second.

GutlessWonder said that JacaByte told him that Mackilroy was a terrorist or something. We know GutlessWonder is innocent, and he had no reason to lie-- had he wanted to kill Mackilroy for his own reasons, he could have just used his Blackmail ability.

JacaByte got killed-- twice -- so he most likely was not a terrorist. Therefore, I can't see why he would have any reason to lie either.

Therefore, I believe that

1. JacaByte really was an IA, and

2. Mackilroy really is a terrorist.

Mackilroy , I vote against you.

sigh

I'll have to point out, unless you really want to kill another innocent, that JacaByte accused me of being an 'arms trader' and then mrxak refuted such a role existing.

With that out of the way, I'm extremely gratified that we've gotten a dictator.

I'll cast my vote for Shlimazel. He voted in every round so far, but did not join the discussion about GutlessWonder, while he was extremely interested in the nfreader/Anon case. He always agreed with Jacabyte, who got killed after Shlimazel stated that he thought Jacabyte was the assasin. He blaimed a lot of people, but was also careful to look honest by retracting some of his votes after explanation.

I don't post on thursdays and fridays. That's why I didn't join the discussion. In fact, I almost never have posted on thursdays and fridays. That's your answer.

This post has been edited by Shlimazel : 09 February 2008 - 11:25 AM

@shlimazel, on Feb 9 2008, 11:13 AM, said in GTW Game 18:

I don't post on thursdays and fridays. That's why I didn't join the discussion. In fact, I almost never have posted on thursdays and fridays. That's your answer.

mrxak makes a note to hold We All Hate Shlimazel Day on a Thursday

Allright people, I was completely wrong. I apologize and retract my earlier vote.

@mackilroy, on Feb 9 2008, 03:52 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

I'll have to point out, unless you really want to kill another innocent, that JacaByte accused me of being an 'arms trader' and then mrxak refuted such a role existing.

If you aren't an arms trader, you're probably the other rogue member; they're both supposed to be evil.

New vote: Mackilroy

Whats the score board like, and how much time do we have left