GTW Game 18

@soitbegins, on Feb 2 2008, 11:56 AM, said in GTW Game 18:

groan RJC, what is with you? The reasons that I've been less active in voting than normal are that

1. I have no idea who to vote for just yet, and nothing that anybody's done strikes me as sufficiently suspicious. I was suspecting JacaByte at one point, but that got dropped when darth_vader returned from the dead.

2. I'm still smarting a bit from game 17.

3. There's no good bandwagons to join, and if I try to start one, I'll get attacked. As sort of a self-protection measure under these circumstances, I'll revert to 'Class Clown' mode, which I've been using a lot lately.

3a) Hold on, I've just been attacked.

3b) Hey, wait a second...

3c) Y'know, I think I'm going to stick with my earlier suspicions, and vote against JacaByte.

Now, RJC, why exactly don't you trust me?

This is what I mean, you immediatly come up wtih multiple reasons for your behaviour, yet you don't vote for me, while admitting you have no people you really mistrust.

However, since you voted somebody and that wasn't random, I'll retract my vote for you.

@jacabyte, on Feb 2 2008, 09:12 AM, said in GTW Game 18:

What have you got to suspect me of? Now that darth_vader is alive, the least you can suspect me of is being the assassin, who is, may I point out, still an innocent. What make you suspect that I may be a terrorist, SoItBegins?

Nothing definite. It's more a hunch than anything else, but as I don't have any other data to go on it's either you (who I have a gut feeling about) or a random vote (pointless.)

Incidentally, the thing that put me on high alert the most was that comment about 'if we were able to link darth_vader to someone, that someone would likely be nasty'. Reasons:

1. Say, who's this 'we' JacaByte's talking about? It seems as if JacaByte's trying to unite us against this guy and/or his friends. Why? (mind heightens alert level slightly)

2. How do you know that whoever is linked to darth_vader (who, at the time of your comment, was dead) would be evil? Your assumption seems bogus. While it's not proof of anything (I, in the past, have tried and failed to imitate Eugene Chin), it did make me a hair more suspicious.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 02 February 2008 - 01:33 PM

At the moment I abstain from voting. There's not enough evidence to vote for anyone.

@soitbegins, on Feb 2 2008, 11:31 AM, said in GTW Game 18:

1. Say, who's this 'we' JacaByte's talking about? It seems as if JacaByte's trying to unite us against this guy and/or his friends. Why? (mind heightens alert level slightly)

This "we" I was talking about was the council at large, which would include intelligence agents, terrorists, etc.

@soitbegins, on Feb 2 2008, 11:31 AM, said in GTW Game 18:

1. How do you know that whoever is linked to darth_vader (who, at the time of your comment, was dead) would be evil? Your assumption seems bogus. While it's not proof of anything (I, in the past, have tried and failed to imitate Eugene Chin), it did make me a hair more suspicious.

When I said that, it was under the assumption the Darth Vader was giving weapons and such to the terrorists, and the terrorists wanted to bail him out of hot water. However, now that he is sitting back at the table, it seems that finding a link between him and someone else would be a fruitless venture as it's a very good bet that he is innocent.

It seems that I was killed by "an unknown third party," i.e. an assassin role. Clearly, this person thought that I was guilty. He didn't vote for me last round, though that wouldn't have done anything anyway. Whoever they are, I know they are innocent, and they should at least suspect that I am innocent.

I'll vote for GutlessWonder , since he can't give any good reasons for his votes(in my opinion).

It seems that I was killed by "an unknown third party," i.e. an assassin role. Clearly, this person thought that I was guilty. He didn't vote for me last round, though that wouldn't have done anything anyway. Whoever they are, I know they are innocent, and they should at least suspect that I am innocent.

I suggest that this individual PM darth. Perhaps the two of them can make an alliance, since they both know they are innocent.

@shlimazel, on Feb 2 2008, 08:34 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

I suggest that this individual PM darth. Perhaps the two of them can make an alliance, since they both know they are innocent.

We don't know for sure that darth_vader is innocent!

No, but it is very likely.

@rjc-ultra, on Feb 2 2008, 12:35 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

We don't know for sure that darth_vader is innocent!

How so? We seem to have plenty of evidence that he is innocent, this incident with him coming back to life being exhibit A.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 02 February 2008 - 02:38 PM

SOMEBODY not being a rogue member tried to kill him, and we don't know if the failure of that was the work of somebody else. Even if it was so, that doesn't prove his innocence to me.

I still think this is a good idea. That way we could have some known innocents working together with each other, even if the assassin doesn't reveal his identity.

You were the person who came up with that idea, dummy. 😛

Anyway, I think that's a good idea too. In the case that Team Innocent found out who was a terrorist for sure and couldn't get the council to react on a timely basis, then the assassin would be invaluable.

@jacabyte, on Feb 2 2008, 11:38 AM, said in GTW Game 18:

How so? We seem to have plenty of evidence that he is innocent, this incident with him coming back to life being exhibit A.

Ok, now I'm getting more suspicious of you. You seem to be sticking up for darth_vader in a big way. How do you know he's good? All the 'coming back to life' thing means is that he had help by someone who believes he's good. But you seem to be popping up, drawing our attention to him at every turn. It's as if you're trying to be noticed. Or to have everyone notice him.

I've already voted against you, but this new remark of yours means I'm not changing it.

_The Big Board reads:

Anon -
darth_vader -
1Eevee1 -
GutlessWonder - JacaByte
Hypochondriac -
JacaByte - SoItBegins
kickme -
Mackilroy -
Manta -
nfreader -
rebelswin_85 -
Rickton -
RJC Ultra - GutlessWonder
Shlimazel -
SoItBegins - JacaByte_

Kind of a pathetic turn-out so far. Only a few of you seem to be active at all this round. I'm also lacking several PMs. Remember I might still end this round early. There could be only 20 hours left in the round.

Maybe JacaByte is the assassin.

Unless I'm reading it wrong (which is likely, as I am currently on a sugar low), we seem to be trying to figure out who tried to kill darth_vader, instead of who the Rogue Members are.

@shlimazel, on Feb 2 2008, 01:26 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

Maybe JacaByte is the assassin.

I will neither confirm nor deny that accusation.

@soitbegins, on Feb 2 2008, 01:25 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

Ok, now I'm getting more suspicious of you. You seem to be sticking up for darth_vader in a big way. How do you know he's good? All the 'coming back to life' thing means is that he had help by someone who believes he's good. But you seem to be popping up, drawing our attention to him at every turn. It's as if you're trying to be noticed. Or to have everyone notice him.

I've already voted against you, but this new remark of yours means I'm not changing it.

Do you have any solid proof that either I, or Darth Vader for that matter, are terrorists? And why do you seem so fixated on this matter? I would have happily dropped it a page ago, but you seem to want to wring every single scrap of information out of me that you can. Why so? Is it because you're a terrorist and you want to find out if I'm either, A. an innocent who stuck his neck out way too far for his own good, B. an intelligence agent who suspects that Darth Vader is innocent and wants to find out more about him or C. the assassin who tried to kill Darth Vader and is now trying to cover that information up?

Gentlemen of the Council, I hereby advise you to vote to have SIB executed. I would prove to him that I am innocent if it weren't for the fact that I believe that SIB is working with a nefarious party who is hell bent on killing me. It seems to me that SIB is trying to diverge attention from finding out who the real terrorists are and is trying to pin me with the role of terrorist using my attempts to prove Darth Vader innocent as ammunition. I ask you, gentlemen; why would SoItBegins try to do that unless he himself were a terrorist, or was aiding them in some nefarious way?

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 02 February 2008 - 03:49 PM

It looks to me that people now believe Darth_vader is an innocent. I'm leaning towards that theory as well. Sorry SoitBegins but your attacking Jacabyte just because he thinks Darth_Vader is innocent. It has raised my suspicions of you.

This post has been edited by Hypochondriac : 02 February 2008 - 03:55 PM

@jacabyte, on Feb 2 2008, 09:45 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

I will neither confirm nor deny that accusation.
Do you have any solid proof that either I, or Darth Vader for that matter, are terrorists? And why do you seem so fixated on this matter? I would have happily dropped it a page ago, but you seem to want to wring every single scrap of information out of me that you can. Why so? Is it because you're a terrorist and you want to find out if I'm either, A. an innocent who stuck his neck out way too far for his own good, B. an intelligence agent who suspects that Darth Vader is innocent and wants to find out more about him or C. the assassin who tried to kill Darth Vader and is now trying to cover that information up?

Gentlemen of the Council, I hereby advise you to vote to have SIB executed. I would prove to him that I am innocent if it weren't for the fact that I believe that SIB is working with a nefarious party who is hell bent on killing me. It seems to me that SIB is trying to diverge attention from finding out who the real terrorists are and is trying to pin me with the role of terrorist using my attempts to prove Darth Vader innocent as ammunition. I ask you, gentlemen; why would SoItBegins try to do that unless he himself were a terrorist, or was aiding them in some nefarious way?

You're acting strangely aggressive for two rounds now, and it was YOU who continued this matter by overly approving Shlimazel's view.