GTW Game 18

6/17 Innocents Won

_mrxak stepped up to the podium, and gazed down at the seventeen Special Delegates to the Nuclear Arms Council. Some of their number were acting against their joint interests, and now, deep underground, they would discover who.

"Gentlemen, as you all know, nuclear stockpiles under the control of this body have gone missing, and may already be in the hands of a rogue group intent on world domination," mrxak began. "I have assembled you here to get to the bottom of this matter. None of you shall leave this underground complex until the truth has come out."

"You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!" one of the delegates yelled out, but the spotlight was bright and mrxak couldn't see who said it. A number of the delegates laughed insincerely.

"Right, well, moving on," mrxak continued. "As per the usual procedure, each of you will have a vote. Each vote will last between two and three days, generally dependent on how fast you all vote. As investigating each of you takes a considerable amount of time, we will conduct investigations prioritized by the vote. Any Special Delegate that receives a plurality of votes against them will be executed immediately, and a detailed investigation will begin into their recent dealings. Once we have concluded our post-mortem investigation, the findings will be announced. I would expect that any such investigations will reveal any nefarious actions within 24 hours of the vote's conclusion. Anything else found I'm sure will be discovered before the next vote is concluded as well.

"Furthermore, should anyone here meet any unfortunate end unrelated to the vote, an investigation into their dealings will be conducted as well at the next possible free moment. Naturally such deaths will be less of a priority than the executions this council orders," mrxak cleared his throat, and The Big Board lit up to display the names of the 17 Special Delegates. "Right, well, get to it then."_

There are currently 17 players in this game:
Anon
darth_vader
1Eevee1
Eugene Chin
GutlessWonder
Hypochondriac
JacaByte
kickme
Mackilroy
Manta
nfreader
prophile
rebelswin_85
Rickton
RJC Ultra
Shlimazel
SoItBegins

Please bold your votes, and any change in your vote should be announced with a new post, as I will not be reading back to see edits. You all know the rules, every member of the council votes for the person they think is most likely a member of a rogue group intent on world domination. Those rogue members will of course eliminate one player every round, and other roles may also conduct various acts. All role-related PMs should be sent to me before the end of each 72 hour period, except where your instructions dictate otherwise. If I do not receive a PM from a role by the deadline, I will assume that you are forfeiting your right to make an action that round. "No Lynch" votes will be considered abstentions, and a plurality of "No Lynch" votes will be equivalent to a plurality of blank votes, and thus ignored. Ties still unbroken by the end of a round will result in no vote-related deaths that round, with rogue members and other roles still able to act. Therefore it is in the interests of innocent members seeking to eliminate rogue members to break ties themselves if they are able. With at least 48 hours and up to 72 hours each round, there is ample time for all of you to debate. Those who die are forbidden from making anything other than a simple goodbye post. Attempting to influence future votes or clarify past positions is forbidden if you are dead.

I have yet to send out PMs for special roles, but will do so shortly. Each player will receive a PM. If you do not receive a PM, do not assume anything about your role, and please contact me and I will make sure you know what your role is. But do wait for me to indicate that I've PMed everybody before you think I've missed you.

_The Big Board reads:

Anon -
darth_vader -
1Eevee1 -
Eugene Chin -
GutlessWonder -
Hypochondriac -
JacaByte -
kickme -
Mackilroy -
Manta -
nfreader -
prophile -
rebelswin_85 -
Rickton -
RJC Ultra -
Shlimazel -
SoItBegins -_

And that's how things get rolling around here. I would like to point out that the longer we all talk the more likely somebody is going to slip. If we debate during this round more than we would otherwise then we should be able to arrive at a clear, concise decision.

So... How 'bout them Patriots?

Sounds like a plan, JacaByte... or should I say...

EtybAcaj!

Now, do you mean the football team patriots or actual patriots?

All PMs should have been sent out now. Check your inboxes. If there's nothing there, let me know ASAP.

This first round will end in 73 hours, unless enough have voted before then so that it makes no sense to wait.

@jacabyte, on Jan 29 2008, 10:43 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

So... How 'bout them Patriots?

Nobody likes the Patriots.
Everyone loves the Patriot Act though!

This post has been edited by Rickton : 29 January 2008 - 11:12 PM

Keep talking, this is going somewhere...

@jacabyte, on Jan 29 2008, 10:15 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

Keep talking, this is going somewhere...

Is this all part of some kind of an evil plot?

This seems like it's going to be an extremely complex game, just with the number of people we've got playing.

Woo! Hopefully lots of people means lots of fun arguments!

And I've ticked the box that'll send me emails. 🙂

Allright! Let's spin the SoItBegins Random Roulette Wheel of Life, Death, and F.A.T.E. Could Still Have Done It Better!

Aaand the winner is... Manta Eugene Chin!!

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 30 January 2008 - 07:53 PM

willing to debate, but was told in the last round my attempts looked suspicious:( Since there is no way of determining guilt or innocence at this point, I'll ask a question that Always bugged me. why do the NY Giants play their home games in NJ. Shouldn't they be called the NJ giants?

@soitbegins, on Jan 30 2008, 12:01 AM, said in GTW Game 18:

Allright! Let's spin the SoItBegins Random Roulette Wheel of Life, Death, and F.A.T.E. Could Still Have Done It Better!

Aaand the winner is... Manta!!

It seems that SoItBegins is determined to start the killing with me, so I shall vote in self defense.

This is going to turn out interestingly. I nominate SoItBegins , for being dangerous, but this vote is subject to change in case of new evidence.

@hypochondriac, on Jan 30 2008, 07:03 AM, said in GTW Game 18:

willing to debate, but was told in the last round my attempts looked suspicious:( Since there is no way of determining guilt or innocence at this point, I'll ask a question that Always bugged me. why do the NY Giants play their home games in NJ. Shouldn't they be called the NJ giants?

Wouldn't that make them the NJ Jiants?

I will meditate on the wisdom of my country's patron deity, the tuning fork. Hopefully I can acheive enlightenment as to who is the terrorist in this way.

This post has been edited by Shlimazel : 30 January 2008 - 11:57 AM

Well, I'll wager 20 to 10 that:

I will be dead by the rogues, by the end of the first round.

AND

One or more of the terrorists is the disgruntled players from game 17.

I may be paranoid here, but mrxak loves his little joke...

It isn't paranoia if you brought it down on yourself.

Since we seem to be talking about football teams (I'm guessing different types of football though)

I'm Phoenix 'till I die.

I suspect Eugene Chin. That remark seems just a little too sinister for my liking.

More specifically, the phrasing seems to suggest that Eugene Chin knows for a fact that SoItBegins has brought 'it' on himself, because Eugene is going to deliver the 'it'.

This post has been edited by Shlimazel : 30 January 2008 - 01:47 PM

@soitbegins, on Jan 30 2008, 01:31 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

Well, I'll wager 20 to 10 that:

I will be dead by the rogues, by the end of the first round.

AND

One or more of the terrorists is the disgruntled players from game 17.

I may be paranoid here, but mrxak loves his little joke...

I certainly did not assign roles based on the previous game. Any deaths in any round is entirely the purview of the people who cause it. I might take your bet, in any case, as it seems so far that you'll be dead by the vote :p.

_The Big Board reads:

Anon -
darth_vader -
1Eevee1 -
Eugene Chin -
GutlessWonder -
Hypochondriac -
JacaByte -
kickme -
Mackilroy -
Manta - SoItBegins
nfreader -