Project Multi Sketch

@edwards, on Apr 23 2007, 12:49 AM, said in Project Multi Sketch:

That was an unusually fast turn-around time. I take it you had a fairly clear idea of what you wanted to do?

Edwards

Not really. i just kinda randomly placed most of the stuff. i worked on it lots though.

I'm now finally able to accept the file. Do I have the rest of this week + 14 days? That'd be nice, because I won't have that much time (again... ) within the next weeks, plus some DEFCON. 😉

@silverwind, on Apr 23 2007, 11:11 AM, said in Project Multi Sketch:

Area 6 is now available for download.

Congratulations to Dogbert who completed his fully detailed Forest Area in record time! This Area contains some familiar scenery to those who've played Droid Factory, and a creative optional Miniboss. Well done Dogbert.

Thanks sw and thank you Pi for coming up with the solution to mini boss doors!

@freq245, on Apr 23 2007, 04:24 PM, said in Project Multi Sketch:

I'm now finally able to accept the file. Do I have the rest of this week + 14 days? That'd be nice, because I won't have that much time (again... ) within the next weeks, plus some DEFCON. 😉

Thanks for accepting the file Freq245, I can't wait to see your Area! 🙂 We'll see how things are after the two weeks, and if you need more time after that I'm sure it's no problem. By the way, will you be starting a new file or continuing from the old one?

@dogbert, on Apr 23 2007, 09:59 AM, said in Project Multi Sketch:

Thanks sw and thank you Pi for coming up with the solution to mini boss doors!

It's only a solution if it works properly. In this case, I managed to get trapped between the super force field and the boss door several times, and needed to kill myself against a wall to try again. Perhaps you, or the next person to get this map, could extend that force field so that the player is forced all the way to the door?

Other than that little glitch, nice map!

----------
On a completely different note, because the map is getting long enough for this number to be meaningful, my current combined time for Project Multi Sketch is 14:19. What sort of times do other people have?

Edwards

This post has been edited by Edwards : 23 April 2007 - 10:06 PM

The last time I played Part 1 it took me 17 minutes. lol! I'll go through them all and see what I get this time.

Ok, my new combined time is 15:32. I died twice in Area 4.

Any hints on what to expect in Area 6 Freq245? 😄

@silverwind, on May 3 2007, 01:33 PM, said in Project Multi Sketch:

Any hints on what to expect in Area 6 Freq245? 😄

Ahm, it'll be (or is, 2/3 are already finished) mainly electronic. The entrance is a bit hot, though.

So Freq245, will you be needing extra time? Or is your Area near completion?

It has come to my attention that both Crono and FireFalcon seem to have disappeared from the site, or at least have been absent for a very long time. :wacko: This being so, we need to find alternative designers to fill their positions. (unless of course, they make a dramatic return)

Conelight has very generously volunteered as a backup designer earlier, so Conelight, you are entitled to an Area if you would still like to participate. (again, assuming that on the day of the Area the designer doesn't make a dramatic return) There is still one position left for any designer that feels up to the job, so whoever expresses an interest first gets it. 🙂

Also, Pi, do you wish to design your Area after Freq245?

@silverwind, on May 7 2007, 06:43 AM, said in Project Multi Sketch:

It has come to my attention that both Crono and FireFalcon seem to have disappeared from the site, or at least have been absent for a very long time. :wacko: This being so, we need to find alternative designers to fill their positions. (unless of course, they make a dramatic return)

Conelight has very generously volunteered as a backup designer earlier, so Conelight, you are entitled to an Area if you would still like to participate. (again, assuming that on the day of the Area the designer doesn't make a dramatic return) There is still one position left for any designer that feels up to the job, so whoever expresses an interest first gets it. 🙂

Also, Pi, do you wish to design your Area after Freq245?

Yee! :laugh: If they don't get back when will I start?

I'm willing to take it whenever you want me to, i'd be fine with taking it after Freq.

Well, since Conelight is taking Crono's place (who's next on the list) I guess it's his turn to design an Area. You may start whenever Freq245 is finished his Area. 🙂

@pisketch, on May 7 2007, 10:18 AM, said in Project Multi Sketch:

I'm willing to take it whenever you want me to, i'd be fine with taking it after Freq.

Well Actually I am working on a level right now, so could I be last please?

No problem, you have been moved down the list.

Pi, if you wish to participate next you are most welcome to do so.

Allright, i'm ready when you are.

I think I'll be able to complete it 'til the end of the week, there's more or less only the boss left and some testing, because of the difficulty.

@freq245, on May 8 2007, 04:06 PM, said in Project Multi Sketch:

I think I'll be able to complete it 'til the end of the week, there's more or less only the boss left and some testing, because of the difficulty.

I assume that means we can't expect a calm and peaceful flight through pleasant scenery in your Area? 😉 Honestly, I think I'm the only designer who'll ever create more levels of the like. lol! Still, at least new players will be able to get some time to take it easy when they play PMS, as Area 1 was a pretty good practice stage. (not like certain later Areas, where you have to pause the game after each challenge just to catch your breath! lol) :laugh:

@silverwind, on May 8 2007, 12:29 PM, said in Project Multi Sketch:

I assume that means we can't expect a calm and peaceful flight through pleasant scenery in your Area? 😉 Honestly, I think I'm the only designer who'll ever create more levels of the like. lol!

Hey, you aren't allowed to say anything about the use of bosses in my area or Freq's (well, given how many I put into my area, maybe you are allowed to say something... :rolleyes: ). We were just following the Table of Contents.

That said, I'd love to see a peaceful flight through some spectacular scenery just before the final Boss- perhaps a psuedo-racecourse arrangement, either by using one of the built-in mechanisms, or by having something really deadly chasing the player.

Edwards