How do I get to the Forest..?

I can see a black/dark area near the top of the Wasteland, that huge room full of flying bugs. I've got all four colors of weapon but I cannot find a switch to shut off the gates. Driving me nuts... any walkthroughs available..?

@x76, on Dec 15 2006, 04:39 PM, said in How do I get to the Forest..?:

I can see a black/dark area near the top of the Wasteland, that huge room full of flying bugs. I've got all four colors of weapon but I cannot find a switch to shut off the gates. Driving me nuts... any walkthroughs available..?

Perhaps you cannot get there from the Wasteland. Have you explored all five areas?

xander

@darwinian, on Dec 15 2006, 09:19 AM, said in How do I get to the Forest..?:

Perhaps you cannot get there from the Wasteland. Have you explored all five areas?

xander

I'm making slow progress. I'm often positive that I've scoured an area only to return a third or fourth time and THEN finding something I'd somehow missed...

@x76, on Dec 15 2006, 09:44 PM, said in How do I get to the Forest..?:

I'm making slow progress. I'm often positive that I've scoured an area only to return a third or fourth time and THEN finding something I'd somehow missed...

Have you already looked at your world map? There're lines between the different worlds of Sketchtopia.

Got the same problem, I can't get there. Every entrance to the forest is blocked by a forcefield that has to be deactivated with a switch (there are also other such forefields). There's a number of switches I assume I have to operate, but they're inside walls and can't be reached. That, or there's an array of blue blocks that keep pushing me away.

Indeed the Forest entrances from the Wasteland and Ice Caves can only be opened by coming from the Forest. Remains the third one...

How odd... how comes I never saw that one? I was sure I explored everything. Is it possible that real walls actually disappear when I kill a boss?

@arion, on Dec 17 2006, 01:17 PM, said in How do I get to the Forest..?:

How odd... how comes I never saw that one? I was sure I explored everything. Is it possible that real walls actually disappear when I kill a boss?

It is possible, for example in a custom level, but this feature isn't used in the game itself. The entrance of the third world to the Forest is "protected" by a simple switch, it shouldn't be that hard to find it while looking at the world/level map. 🙂

Ok I must be an idiot, but I have been all over the factory looking for this switch and can't find it. Unless its to the room where the shielded guardian is, which I can't seem to effect at all. Please Help!

@chasmo, on Mar 9 2007, 05:56 PM, said in How do I get to the Forest..?:

Ok I must be an idiot, but I have been all over the factory looking for this switch and can't find it. Unless its to the room where the shielded guardian is, which I can't seem to effect at all. Please Help!

Yes, the switch is there. The Guardian's shield is immune to most weapons, but you do have one that can harm it.

Edwards

Can anyone be a little more specific about the location of the switch used to enter the forest? I have been all over the factory and can't find any 'shielded guardians'

Did you go to the Ice Caves first? It's necessary in order to even get to that guardian.