Congratulations to Edwards, AGDenton, simX, and Edwards again!

@zacha-pedro, on Dec 5 2006, 01:50 PM, said in Congratulations to Edwards, AGDenton, simX, and Edwards again!:

Oh, indeed things are starting to get interesting. Pigbuster could stay at the top for some time.

Nope. And I think that I can shave another 3-5 minutes off of that, as well. I messed up on the Forest getting one of the stars, and had to go back for it 😕

@kauthor, on Dec 7 2006, 01:10 AM, said in Congratulations to Edwards, AGDenton, simX, and Edwards again!:

Congratulations to xander for having 37:20, now if you can get all of the items, then you will stand unchallenged until December 15th.

In that timeframe? Yeesh... I don't think so. But thank you for the congrats 🙂

xander

This post has been edited by darwinian : 06 December 2006 - 08:22 PM

Very impressive times, there!

Now, my question is whether anyone's looked at the MP high score list lately. And whether I'm going to get a cease-and-desist notice...

Edwards

@edwards, on Dec 7 2006, 02:54 AM, said in Congratulations to Edwards, AGDenton, simX, and Edwards again!:

Now, my question is whether anyone's looked at the MP high score list lately. And whether I'm going to get a cease-and-desist notice...

Edwards

I've been watching those. A couple of days ago, simX and I came close to 60,000 -- and by the time it was posted, it was down at 5th or 6th. I kind of gave up at that point. I am going to have to install SketchFighter on the G3, and get Wendryn to help me beat those scores 🙂 We can shout at eachother from across the house 🙂

xander

@darwinian, on Dec 6 2006, 08:01 PM, said in Congratulations to Edwards, AGDenton, simX, and Edwards again!:

I've been watching those. A couple of days ago, simX and I came close to 60,000...

That's not at all a bad score for the Crazy Zone. It might be possible to go a few thousand points higher, but that would require an absolutely flawless run.

@darwinian, on Dec 6 2006, 08:01 PM, said in Congratulations to Edwards, AGDenton, simX, and Edwards again!:

We can shout at eachother from across the house 🙂

It'll be more effective if you learn to read each other's minds. 🙂

Edwards

@edwards, on Dec 6 2006, 09:54 PM, said in Congratulations to Edwards, AGDenton, simX, and Edwards again!:

Edwards

Um no. Maybe Freq will explain.

@kauthor, on Dec 7 2006, 05:33 AM, said in Congratulations to Edwards, AGDenton, simX, and Edwards again!:

Um no. Maybe Freq will explain.

Why not? Congrats to Edwards and simX for getting the first non-beta 100.000 points multiplayer game!

@edwards, on Dec 6 2006, 07:22 PM, said in Congratulations to Edwards, AGDenton, simX, and Edwards again!:

That's not at all a bad score for the Crazy Zone. It might be possible to go a few thousand points higher, but that would require an absolutely flawless run.

... not to mention luck what with the stars of the Forest boss getting stuck in the walls a lot of the time. 😛

Heh, I suck:

3:58:18
100% Complete
156,546 Bullets fired
Exploded 91 times

bloody hell- darwinian broke a half hour.

spits:

darwinian, I CHALLENGE YOU to break the 1/2 hour record, but with 100% items completion.

However, take the challenge on Saturday.

I challenge you to break my 7 second record with 3%!

@kauthor, on Dec 14 2006, 02:49 AM, said in Congratulations to Edwards, AGDenton, simX, and Edwards again!:

spits:

darwinian, I CHALLENGE YOU to break the 1/2 hour record, but with 100% items completion.

However, take the challenge on Saturday.

Umm... how about no?

xander

No, I don't think it's going to be possible with 100%, and thus we can't know how fast he could go with 100% since it will be more than his current best and not stored.

Things are going to be definitely interesting... I'm going to have to practice to make sure I don't lose my edge.

@zacha-pedro, on Dec 14 2006, 08:20 AM, said in Congratulations to Edwards, AGDenton, simX, and Edwards again!:

No, I don't think it's going to be possible with 100%, and thus we can't know how fast he could go with 100% since it will be more than his current best and not stored.

Things are going to be definitely interesting... I'm going to have to practice to make sure I don't lose my edge.

My best 100% time was about 40 minutes, though I think that it should be possible in less than 35. It would basically require one more flythrough of the map -- I generally skip the first sheild upgrade, beam (both normal and super), two sets of missles (the one in volcano, and the second one in wastland), homing (both normal and super), and super wave.

• Spoiler

The missles in wasteland would probably add about 15-30 seconds -- I could get them at the same time I get the star in wasteland.

• Spoiler

The missles in volcano would probably add about 15-30 seconds -- I could get them when I head back to volcano to pick up stars.

• Spoiler

Super wave could be picked up at the same time as the star in volcano, and would probably add 30-45 seconds, depending on how long it takes to dupe the skull turret.

• Spoiler

Beam would take another 30-45 seconds, early in the game, just after beating the crab king -- depending on how quickly the boss goes down.

• Spoiler

Super beam would take another 30-45 seconds -- mostly to get to and beat the mini-boss -- I would probably do this when first getting to the ice caves, before going after the frostbeast.

• Spoiler

Homing would add another 15-30 seconds, and could be picked up at the same time as the star in forest.

• Spoiler

Super homing might add another 15-30 seconds, but might be a bit less -- the time to pick this up is obvious.

• Spoiler

Finally, the sheild upgrade would take and additional 45 seconds -- one more time through the racetrack when I pick up super pellets.

Let's see -- conservatively speaking, getting 100% would add an additional 3.25 to 5 minutes. Hrm... That would give me a final time of about 33 to 35 minutes. I will have to try that at some point, once I am confident that I have gotten my best possible time 🙂

xander

This post has been edited by darwinian : 14 December 2006 - 10:39 AM

I bet it's possible to get under 30...
I got my 100% time on 35 minutes with only 11 explodes... Wasn't being terribly picky about whether I kept a run or not.

But I'm pretty confident of my route. Took me a couple games to plan it out. There's one more thing I think I could do to shave off maybe a minute, but besides that it's all in the flights, and ignoring enemies.

26:35

Please tell me that the best beta score wasn't much better than this...

xander

@darwinian, on Dec 15 2006, 04:47 AM, said in Congratulations to Edwards, AGDenton, simX, and Edwards again!:

26:35

Please tell me that the best beta score wasn't much better than this...

xander

I have to admit, it was worse, but had around 99-100%.

@freq245, on Dec 15 2006, 01:01 PM, said in Congratulations to Edwards, AGDenton, simX, and Edwards again!:

I have to admit, it was worse, but had around 99-100%.

Yeah, that is the next goal 🙂

xander

Okay, it is the 15th of December, 23:00 GMT, so now beta testers are free to go and crush darwinian (xander)'s best time if they can. Freq245 is free to observe any further restraining time or not, as he sees fit. In accordance with the initial plan I won't enter the fray myself until the 31st of December, 23:00 GMT. So good luck pals, you'll need it to beat his insane time!

@zacha-pedro, on Dec 15 2006, 11:06 PM, said in Congratulations to Edwards, AGDenton, simX, and Edwards again!:

Okay, it is the 15th of December, 23:00 GMT, so now beta testers are free to go and crush darwinian (xander)'s best time if they can. Freq245 is free to observe any further restraining time or not, as he sees fit. In accordance with the initial plan I won't enter the fray myself until the 31st of December, 23:00 GMT. So good luck pals, you'll need it to beat his insane time!

Yay! I am to be crushed!

xander