How do I get the Super Wave?

Split from An Interesting Screenshot

As a side note, I'm finding it tough to get the super wave gun without exploiting bugs in the game... how do I kill that turret or get through that wall?

This post has been edited by Rawzer : 05 December 2006 - 03:25 AM

@rawzer, on Dec 5 2006, 12:24 AM, said in How do I get the Super Wave?:

As a side note, I'm finding it tough to get the super wave gun without exploiting bugs in the game... how do I kill that turret or get through that wall?

Think about how you got that one star in the wasteland that was protected by lots of explosives and a turret, assuming you've done that already. 🙂

Ah... crikey.

@rawzer, on Dec 5 2006, 10:24 AM, said in How do I get the Super Wave?:

This is one of the hardest challenges in SketchFighter, it's pretty easy to get killed, even with the third ship and 300% of shield, and can start to be very frustrating after a while.

You "just" have to decoy the Skull Turret...

@freq245, on Dec 5 2006, 07:42 AM, said in How do I get the Super Wave?:

This is one of the hardest challenges in SketchFighter, it's pretty easy to get killed, even with the third ship and 300% of shield, and can start to be very frustrating after a while.

You "just" have to decoy the Skull Turret...

It's not hard at all, if you park in the right wrong place at the right time. I'm sure I could do it with the base ship and shields with only a little practice. Bullets are slow.

Hmm, I do need an upgraded ship to get into there in the first place 😮

The trick I find is just to get the timing down, since it always has the same rate of fire. The turret also pauses for a moment before it shoots, and it's aim is locked at that point, so you can move away safely.