[Xsera] Other Xsera

QUOTE (Two Jacks @ Feb 14 2010, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

While were on the topic of forums: Any chance Xsera/Antares will get it's own subforum once it's done?

Doubtful that they'd get a forum here, however it's pretty easy to make your own. I figured we'd cross that bridge when we got to it 😉

Does Antares even need its own forum? I mean, its pretty much just Ares, so if someone has Ares questions...

(double-post)

This post has been edited by Pallas Athene : 19 February 2010 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (Mag Steelglass @ Feb 13 2010, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

EDIT: I realize this is supposed to be only for Xsera discussion, but oh well; this seems pretty closely related. Apparently there is/was also a similar project by the name of Antares, with Pallas working on it singlehandedly? What's the scoop on that one?

The scoop is I would expect a new release within a week or so, with the ability to change key settings. Hot dog!

This post has been edited by Pallas Athene : 19 February 2010 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (Pallas Athene @ Feb 19 2010, 06:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The scoop is I would expect a new release within a week or so, with the ability to change key settings. Hot dog!

I had been wondering if you had forgotten about it. So now I go from disappointed to annoyed.

And, one hard drive failure later, that one week estimate is looking a bit over-optimistic. Doesn't look like I'm going to lose data, but backup and drive swap is cutting out several days I had planned to use on work.

Why "annoyed"?

QUOTE (Pallas Athene @ Feb 23 2010, 05:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And, one hard drive failure later, that one week estimate is looking a bit over-optimistic. Doesn't look like I'm going to lose data, but backup and drive swap is cutting out several days I had planned to use on work.

Why "annoyed"?

I'm sorry to hear about the hard drive failure - and glad to know you were prepared. It's scary how many people store truly important stuff on their computer without backing up. (I was one of them until Time Machine).

QUOTE (Pallas Athene @ Feb 22 2010, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why "annoyed"?

Annoyed that there were no intermediate progress updates on it.

Ah, thanks everyone. I'll definitely be interested to try both out.

In other news, it's impressive how many old-timers are still around.

QUOTE (GameFreak4321 @ Feb 24 2010, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Annoyed that there were no intermediate progress updates on it.

Not much intermediate progress either. Spent a bunch of time on rezin; spent more back-porting rezin code to Antares (i.e., work on Antares, but not the sort that anyone but me cares about); lost a week to Mass Effect 2, etc.

Xsera went most of December without updates, but unlike Antares updates are publicly visable. Why isn't antares's repo public?

QUOTE (GameFreak4321 @ Feb 25 2010, 05:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Xsera went most of December without updates, but unlike Antares updates are publicly visable. Why isn't antares's repo public?

I can't repel fail of that magnitude 😛

@Pallas
Good to see that Antares is alive and well, and that you can handle a catastrophic drive failure 🙂

I remember back in prehistoric times that some people used to store all their unbacked up important stuff on things called "floppies". In these enlightened times many people now store their vital files on USB sticks...
Those of us in the know have multiple redundant back up copies in several locations preferably on a different planet.

Looking forward to using custom key settings in Antares.

Soooo..... any progress on this?

Sure, there's been progress. There hasn't been another demo or anything of that size, but we're working away at Xsera. More to come in the next few weeks, though 😉

QUOTE (adam_0 @ Apr 27 2010, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sure, there's been progress. There hasn't been another demo or anything of that size, but we're working away at Xsera. More to come in the next few weeks, though 😉

You always say that!

😄

Well actually, I say that because we have a "work day" scheduled in a couple weeks, so we should be able to make some major headway, meaning good stuff is coming 🙂

It works very well on my MBP. Nice work. 🙂

Am I dreaming? Please god tell me this project won't stall and be abandoned!

Not that I was a huge player of ares... but it was one of my first favorite game as a kid. When I ran the demo some old memories overwhelmed me :laugh:

This post has been edited by Nicko : 30 May 2010 - 05:15 PM