The Officer's Club Bar

the 300th person to post in the bar!

------------------
Sir! Our shields are dropping!
_What?!?
They're firing! _ says the lieutenant as a torpedo appears on the view screen.
Well, it seams you won't have the last laugh today Therg. Says Captain Fullers voice over the speakers.
Dang.
The torpedo strikes the ship removing it from the sky in a violent explosion.

lol

------------------
Visit my Ares Website at: [

http://themightyRW.homestead.com/AresPage.html

For](http://themightyRW.homestead.com/AresPage.html "External link") some reason, u have to copy and paste.
I'm building it and need
some of Ares community's
input.

"There will be a day on Earth when a great evil will descend. This evil force will be called Ford Motor Company. It will set new standards: Lower than the fiery pit. By losing Volvo's uncorrupted state, Earth is vulnerable. And then, it will be time to attack."

-Nokis, Salrilian Prophet

Thanks for scrapping the Aud for me, Slug. It'll be easier to sell as valuable scrap metal now.

I'm getting kind of worried about Darkk, and so is the High Octicon. They haven't been in communication with the Nijayias for a long time, try as they might. They have given me my first assignment as a Taeskor. I am to infiltrate the Nijayias Navy without being detected at all, and get all of the latest information about it. Before I go, though, I'd like your opinions on this matter, Angel and Sargatanus. *Presses a button on his console and the Manhattan Transfer walks up on stage and starts singing "Choo Choo Ch'Boogie".

------------------
-Traek Cicion of the Taeskor

"Never tell me the odds!"
-Han Solo

I know what Pure Taeskors are capable of (my newest fleet admiral was one,) and you should have absolutley no problem staying undercover within the Nijayias ranks. Because let's face it, espionage is not their forté.

However, you may have some serious problems getting in there in the first place. Your ability to get in has little to do with your abilities, so much as the ship you're using. Hmmm

Now that I think about we've just finished testing the Archangel and I believe we have a prototype laying around. It's a heavy fighter variant of the Angel design, similar to the Epyon , although not nearly as nimble, or tough so as to be easy to mass-produce. But if you take out the heavier weaponry and slap in a more sophisticated drive, a cloaking device, and a slip-stream or omni-warp, you could have yourself quite a reconisance vessel. So what do you say?

------------------
Throughout their history these "unenlightened" beings have continually opposed and fought abuses of power wrought by their own bretheren. We, as the prophets would do well to learn from these Humans.
-Final statement of the Salrilian reformist Sirthis shortly before his execution.

I wasn't talking about my ability to succeed in this mission. Infiltration is one of the primary jobs of the Pure Taeskors, and my patrol and attack craft, which I have named the Ice Blade, has a full cloaking device and sensor scrambling system. What I was asking about was what you two think is going on so that I'll be prepared. The Pure Taeskor Code, of course, prohibits me from carrying any other weapon than a dagger, but I may take along some special equipment and an idea of where I should infiltrate their navy.

(This'll be a story on the chronicles pretty soon. Look for it.)

By the way, Sargatanus, why'd the fleet admiral you mentioned leave the Taeskorship? Most Pure Taeskors keep Taeskorship until death, unless they are for some reason unable to continue.

------------------

-Han Solo

(This message has been edited by Taeskor Cicion (edited 05-16-2000).)

(This message has been edited by Taeskor Cicion (edited 05-16-2000).)

He dosen't quite remember. You see, he went through a procedure similar to the one I did when the sals wanted to make the "perfected" human, so his earlier memories, like mine, are pretty hazy. But I think he violated some code or another and somehow wound up in a Salrilian simlab. I can't complain; he's one of the most brilliant tacticians/negotiator I've ever seen, and he uploaded a large amount of Taeskor combat and espionage information to a restricted access area of the Oracular Net. Interesting stuff.

But I digress. Verad should be here any time now, seeing as how the conference with the Bazidan is only a few hours away, and he's a better negotiator than I am.

As for Darkk, I have no idea. Which is not good, since any shift in power or large assignment within the Nijayias ranks is recorded in the ON. What concerns me is that the last time he walked out of here he was muttering the word 'sigma.' I can only assume that he was reffering to the rapidly expanding Sigma political party, who are obsessed with the notion that the Cantharans and Salrilians should pay retributive compensation for the war damages. Vultures, all of them. Even after all I've done for Earth. But enough of the rant, I see no reason for Darkk to have fallen in with them. He may have gone undercover though, and you should look into that. Beyond that, I have no idea.

------------------
Throughout their history these "unenlightened" beings have continually opposed and fought abuses of power wrought by their own bretheren. We, as the prophets would do well to learn from these Humans.
-Final statement of the Salrilian reformist Sirthis shortly before his execution.

Sundered Angel sits quietly, staring into his drink contemplatively. For a time he doesn't speak, and then he looks up.

There's something very wrong with the Nijayias empire right now, and I can't quite put my finger on it...

Cicion, I must warn you- If you do go in there, go in cautiously. I sense forces at work here that are dark the gaps between the stars and just as dangerous. I fear they may have swallowed Darkk already.

He shakes his head, and swallows what remains of his drink.

Take care, Cicion. I'd rather you came back alive from this.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

Grins like the rogue that he has always been in his heart but hasn't been able to express it outwardly because he had command of so many people. You know me.

------------------

-Han Solo

Well, I'd best be off. Looks towards Sargatanus. Wish me luck, old friend. Looks toward Angel. Wish me luck, fellow rogue. Looks toward Jane. Wish me luck, soldier. After recieving their luck, Cicion walks through the door silently and enters the Ice Blade. The Blade's engines flare to life, and he shoots away towards Nijayias space.

(I just submitted the first part of the story. The second should be coming soon, as well.)

------------------

-Han Solo

notices the time and rushes off
I have to get myself ready for the Bazidan envoy. It's a shame Cicion had to leave, Verad's ship just entered the system and he was looking forward to meeting him.

(5 hours later)

Shuttles can be heard landing on opposite ends of the bar. Moments later, two figures in ornate red cloaks enter. One of them is Sargatanus with his long, silver hair pulled back in a large braid, and an intricate cartouche on each fingre. The other figure is much taller and slimmer, his outfit similar yet not quite as detailed, with short almost spiked silver hair (must be a result of the genetic alteration), and three pure blue eyes. Both of them walk over to the largest table in the bar and face the entrence just as eight Bazidan walk in, each with a unique geometric tessalation painted on it's exoskeleton. Sargatanus turns to face Sundered Angel who has substituted for Cicion behind the bar. "Do your best to keep them entertained and get them drunk. Negotiations will go much smoother that way."

------------------

Suddenly a crackling sound is heard. Cicion's holo-image appears sitting on one of the chairs in the table. This is Pure Taeskor Traek Cicion. I'm currently deep in Nijayias space. I have some time before I reach my next destination. Greetings, both of you, and to the Bazidaneze representatives.

(I have entered the first three parts of my story, hopefully they will be placed in the chronicles area soon. My holo-transmission takes place betwixt parts three and four.)

------------------

-Han Solo

betwixt? learn to spell

------------------
Well, gao'Tchu, as I see it you have two options here:
a) Retreat and live another day or
🆒 Attack my ships.
I hear that space is awfully cold; you wouldn't like it.

-Commodore Ambrose
Shortly before his victory at the Ga'eitor System

Sundered Angel looks mildly offended.

Me? A rogue? I am the most honourable person in this room!

He chuckles, and mixes a batch of cocktails for the Bazidanese visitors.

Drink up gentlemen. Here's to a new age of peace and prosperity among the space-going nations of this sector!

A ragged cheer goes up, and Sundered Angel begins to do a brisk business.

((Cicion, I'll post your story shortly, there's a few others which have been waiting longer.))

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

Grins with all the rogue he has in him. Who says we rogues aren't honorable?

------------------

-Han Solo

The holographic projection looks back towards Verad and Sargatanus. Let's get on with it. Oh, and another thing, I am honored to announce that Drion Nerec is coming to the bar in a few days. He is the Military Octicate, the member of the High Octicon in charge of the entire Phylydion military.

------------------

-Han Solo

righhhhht.....

I'll have a pint of Whiskey, and a gallon of Ammonium-Ferris for my Audemedons.

I hereby award this bar the LEAST BUG PARTS PER MILLION award for the first year running.

------------------
Well, gao'Tchu, as I see it you have two options here:
a) Retreat and live another day or
🆒 Attack my ships.
I hear that space is awfully cold; you wouldn't like it.

-Commodore Ambrose
Shortly before his victory at the Ga'eitor System

Shuttle from Kestral lands near bar
DF: I'll have a lomin-ale please.
takes lomin-ale and watches sabaac games going on
decides to join in
2 hours later
leaves table after losing half of his savings
DF: crap

------------------
And how do you know she is a witch?
-She turned me into a newt!
A newt??
-I got better.

Question: Is this the largest, longest running post on the boards to date?? It is the longest I have seen so far.

------------------
And how do you know she is a witch?
-She turned me into a newt!
A newt??
-I got better.

=================

=================
Bye

=================

Grins to himself, having single-handedly accounted for most of Desert Fox's losses. Serves up more drinks.

Congratulations gentlemen, this is the largest and longest running establishment of this type I have ever seen! Let's keep it up!

Serves up some more drinks, especially to the Bazidanese emissaries.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only