EVN - Delphi

@king_of_manticores, on 17 March 2011 - 06:13 PM, said in EVN - Delphi:

Oh, okay then. That would make sense.

Gibberish flew out of my mouth as soon as I saw that.

I don't even know what to say.

There's only one caveat: all of the cup holders on the bridge are just exactly 3/4 of an inch too small for most coffee cups.

@delphi, on 18 March 2011 - 04:38 AM, said in EVN - Delphi:

There's only one caveat: all of the cup holders on the bridge are just exactly 3/4 of an inch too small for most coffee cups.

...well, crap. Who do I threaten with overly lethal force to get that fixed?

@delphi, on 18 March 2011 - 04:38 AM, said in EVN - Delphi:

Of course, what marketing geniuses they are! Would you like to buy set of Atlas-branded cups with your freighter?

@king_of_manticores, on 18 March 2011 - 12:12 PM, said in EVN - Delphi:

...well, crap. Who do I threaten with overly lethal force to get that fixed?

Well, to get the overly lethal force, you can just buy the frieghter. I looked over the thread and he had created a weapon on Pimp My Gun, and a lot of people were complaining about the design, so I decided to come up with another idea.Posted Image

We weren't complaining, just confused on how it worked. And your gun looks the same, just with color.

file:///Users/alecwerth/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot.pngSlightly different. Mine features a full stock, a scope, and a nade launcher.

EDIT: I have no idea why it did that.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Spartan Jai : 18 March 2011 - 09:21 PM

I see, my bad. But we were still just confused before, not really complaining. Both guns look awesome, just awkward to handle if you don't know how.

@darthkev, on 18 March 2011 - 09:23 PM, said in EVN - Delphi:

I see, my bad. But we were still just confused before, not really complaining. Both guns look awesome, just awkward to handle if you don't know how.

I can't exactly remember if I actually explained how the stock works on the Electromag Rifle. The weapon is designed in a way that it is too large to be carried by anybody wearing anything short of a powered exoskeleton, which system incorporates a hip mount for the magnetically-latching stock of the rifle. Though in most conventional weapons this "firing from the hip" holding technique would result in a loss of accuracy, optics shared between the gun and the carrier's helmet HUD allow for excellent targeting, even to the point of near-automation. When the gun has its gyroscopic sensors properly calibrated for local gravity, it almost works as a fully-automated turret mounted on the user's armor, requiring little to no input to seek enemies. An articulated gimbal is also a possible add-on to the hefty weapon, allowing it to both connect to the owner's suit as well as being deployed as a mounted gun.

Long story short, this isn't the kind of thing you just pick up and shoot. It's reserved for heavy infantry. The others tend toward the smaller rifles and SMGs, or even sometimes pistols. Advances in targeting software make it easy to place a solid hit on an enemy over a great distance with a one-handed weapon.

Oh. No, I don't believe that was explained. Interesting concept, and pretty sound logic. However this implies that you would need to buy armor too.

@spartan-jai, on 23 March 2011 - 03:37 PM, said in EVN - Delphi:

Oh. No, I don't believe that was explained. Interesting concept, and pretty sound logic. However this implies that you would need to buy armor too.

For that weapon, yes. However, lugging around one of the KADA-4s would be like carrying an MG42 on your back for an on-foot firefight. It's a support weapon more than anything, designed to let one marine wipe out large numbers of enemies while remaining relatively still, while lighter forces prepare to rush the enemy lines.

@delphi, on 23 March 2011 - 04:29 PM, said in EVN - Delphi:

For that weapon, yes. However, lugging around one of the KADA-4s would be like carrying an MG42 on your back for an on-foot firefight. It's a support weapon more than anything, designed to let one marine wipe out large numbers of enemies while remaining relatively still, while lighter forces prepare to rush the enemy lines.

A weapon like that seems like it would be as heavy as a minigun, in my opinion.

Also, snazzy new avatar.

@king_of_manticores, on 23 March 2011 - 07:55 PM, said in EVN - Delphi:

Also, snazzy new avatar.

Darn it, I wanted to comment on that first.

At least I can name it. An Enclave Kevilan I believe, yes? Very nice.

@darthkev, on 23 March 2011 - 08:47 PM, said in EVN - Delphi:

At least I can name it. An Enclave Kevilan I believe, yes? Very nice.

Yeah, you're right on the Kevilan. 😛

The Atlas looks like a squished Imperial Star Destroyer.
Posted Image
I am such a nerd.

-K

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 26 March 2011 - 11:59 PM

@kasofa1, on 26 March 2011 - 11:58 PM, said in EVN - Delphi:

Heh. We discussed that back when Delphi first showed us a straight Sketchup model of it. He even said so himself when posting it he saw the Star Destroyer resemblance. 😛

Nice image of a Star Destroyer, though. Normally I can't find one that good. All taken from the side with bad lighting and whatnot.

I love coming back here every so often and watching the steady unstoppable progress here. So much shiny win here. Can't wait to play it someday.

So yah, the Christmas Ship (Chevrari, or whatever) is amazing. One thing FYI:
as far as I've been able to find, you can't get a ship with less than 30 degrees/sec turn, even with outfits. If you set it to 0, the ship will still turn at 30/sec. You CAN ionize it to lower that, though.

Keep it up! I love everything I see here.

@n64mon, on 19 April 2011 - 09:26 PM, said in EVN - Delphi:

as far as I've been able to find, you can't get a ship with less than 30 degrees/sec turn, even with outfits.

Yes you can. I have two in my plug-in.

@kasofa1, on 26 March 2011 - 11:58 PM, said in EVN - Delphi:

Posted Image
I am such a nerd.

-K

fractal sponge is a god. I was following his WIP while he was making that thing. Man it's an impressive model.

Hey, I'm still alive. I know it's been a month without an update, and I'm really sorry about that. School was gearing up, finals were running full-force, and the project took more than the back burner; it was practically taken off the stove (metaphorically). I've been getting back into the swing of things in the last week, and already even have a small amount of work to show for it. I'm not entirely sure what it is, but it'll either be used as a cannon for a larger ship, or as the chassis for a small frigate, probably for the Enclave.

Posted Image

Nice to have you back, Delph 😄

Your work looks like a sleek ship to me, in my humble opinion.