Screenshots in Nova

This might not be the place for this topic, but I wanted to post some images of some ships I've made for Nova, and I can't figure out how to make a screenshot.

Command+Shift+3. That will take a screenshot of your entire screen. Command+Shift+4 will turn your cursor into a little plus sign so you can click and drag to select a portion of the screen to make a screenshot of. However, without pausing, that can be difficult to do in EVN, especially while being shot at.

Thanks. Other than being bumped around, I don't have a problem being shot at, which is why you mentioned it. I'll try it. Not to hijack my own thread, but I made the new escape pod for my TC, and it ejects fine, you drift awfully fast, even with the speed set at 5, and the dialog shows, and when you appear above the planet, you explode. Just like that.

Okay so I took some screenshots of my ship and the new parachute escape pods.

Me after killing Star Liner...

Escape pods from Star Liner and my 80 quad lights... 😛

Me in cloak still watching Star Liner Parachutes... Ya know, I don't think those help you any in space...

I actually press Cmd+Tab to "pause" then take a snap.

That's a lot easier! Definitely a preferred method, especially when in combat.

For, my friend, A.) Can it be done on a PC, and if so, what button(s)?

I don't know, I haven't played EVN on a PC. But Alt+Tab is the same thing to "hot switch apps". (And the Mac OS X switching "pane" is better than the Windows after 10.4 and newer).

Be careful, though, since I'd notice the outside apps would not be receptive to my keystrokes if you do that a bit too much. (like 5 times in a row) It'll come back after a little time...Also some weapon sprites won't draw, such as certain beams.

This post has been edited by Mk.32 : 31 August 2010 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (Spartan Jai @ Aug 31 2010, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For, my friend, A.) Can it be done on a PC, and if so, what button(s)?

The way I've found is quite simple: in EVN's preferences, turn on "Run in a window", so EVN is a floating window. Then you can use Alt+Print Screen to take a picture of the active window. This copies it to the Clipboard; you can then paste it into Paint or whatever. (I do it this way because Windows EVN is only available at 1024x768 resolution, and my monitor is set to 1280x1024.)

Ah. Thank you.

Use Guy's resolution patches. You can run Nova at better than 1024x768. Mine runs at 1440x900. If the patches won't run, PM me. Ambrosia silently updated the installer, and Guy's patches won't run with the new one. I have a copy of one that works.

QUOTE (krugeruwsp @ Sep 1 2010, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ambrosia silently updated the installer, and Guy's patches won't run with the new one. I have a copy of one that works.

Would this cause it to not work on some machines because I installed a copy on one of the school computers and it always locked up as soon as it made it to the main menu (it drew everything fine and made it past the loading screen without any error messages). If it's not that it could two other things: 1) there aren't enough resources left because of the network. 2) Quicktime isn't up-to-date. I might even be the fact that it's the trial version. I had loads of problems with trial Nova, sometimes it would freeze if I tried to close it, It would always crash if I tried to load a different pilot file, and it had generally low stability.

That's a little odd, since there isn't really a different trial version of Nova. Nova installs fully, but in order to get past a certain point in storylines or use plug-ins, it simply checks a registration file to see if you have input a valid key. The latest version of QT could actually be a problem. The most recent versions and WinNova apparently are not compatible, and Ambrosia has expressed that they do not intend to update WinNova to either find out the problem or fix it. I've kept an old Nova installer and an old iTunes installer for the correct versions of both. I don't recall off the top of my head which is the last version of QT that functions with Nova.

Neither of us need/use Guy's resolution patch.

Use Guy's resolution patches. You can run Nova at better than 1024x768.

Considering my screen size is 1024x768, I don't see how that would help me at all. No offense intended, as you couldn't have known.

I installed a copy on one of the school computers

Why?

QUOTE (Spartan Jai @ Sep 2 2010, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why?

So I can play EVN at school. Duh!

This post has been edited by ReclusiveOne : 02 September 2010 - 04:10 PM