VXI TC

So some of you who know about this will read this, and some will not. I used to have a copy, and lost it. I'm wondering if its finally time to release this publicly and finish it, or whether it will forever stay lost. Personally, I think it would be a shame to have this bit of board history and nova quirks lost forever outside of the memories of the few who were involved, and its not like we have hidden jewel for others to find anymore. Besides, it was a pretty cool plug. But then again, its not my call.

This post has been edited by LNSU : 11 July 2010 - 07:43 PM

Say what? I'm a youngling, I don't know what VXI is.

QUOTE (DarthKev @ Jul 11 2010, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Say what? I'm a youngling, I don't know what VXI is.

Don't worry, its not important. You'll know if those involved want it released like I do, and if you find anything out about it, accept it as history, not current culture.

I still have a copy. But, I think Dr. Trowel would have the say over release or not, he's the author.

QUOTE (LNSU @ Jul 11 2010, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't worry, its not important. You'll know if those involved want it released like I do, and if you find anything out about it, accept it as history, not current culture.

Three questions, then.

1. Is there an existing thread somewhere, even a really old one? I don't need you to find it, I just need to know if it exists.
  2. If there is an existing thread somewhere, which board might it be in?
  3. What's with Qaanol's post? :huh:

QUOTE (DarthKev @ Jul 11 2010, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Three questions, then.

1. Is there an existing thread somewhere, even a really old one? I don't need you to find it, I just need to know if it exists.

2. If there is an existing thread somewhere, which board might it be in?

3. What's with Qaanol's post? :huh:

4. Somewhere in the board backups, if ASW keeps backups that far back.

5. Doesn't exist anymore, hence the "in memory of VXI" or such you'll see around. It was lost with the board's software update a while back, and was not deemed important to restore.

6. Not for you to know

Darthkev, I posted this publicly because I forgot that Dr. Trowel was the author. Trust me when I say it doesn't concern you, and that even if you get your hands on it (which you won't), you won't understand 90% of it.

JTH: Thanks, that's all I wanted to know. I was sorta curious, and if Dr. Trowel deems it to be kept out of public circulation, that's fine with me.

This post has been edited by LNSU : 11 July 2010 - 10:56 PM

My personal opinion: put it up. I have never heard of it and it appears many have not. What if a bunch of these new people (the people who haven't graduated from high school or college) would be willing to work on this TC and the original creators were willing to let them? Something that was about to become just another piece of EVN(?) history now gets a new lease on life.

Or it can become just another Cosmic Cinder....your choice 🙂

EVÏ€ will never die.

:transcendental smirk:

QUOTE (Qaanol @ Jul 11 2010, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

DarthKev, click on the "reply" button to Qaanol's post. You will find a bunch of nonsense that I believe will adequately explain how he managed to get a blank post (though I'm sure there's a pattern there somewhere).

This post has been edited by Odie : 12 July 2010 - 12:03 AM

For EV∞ we retain our affinity.

:ineffable countenance:

Knowing Qaanol, there either has to be or he's just messing with our minds like he always does 😛

Well, I may or may not have any idea what you are talking about...

This TC... was it or was it not somewhat like a cabbage...

Thanks guys, this topic may or ma not have served it's porpoise.

Hmmm, dolphins...

This post has been edited by Sp3cies : 12 July 2010 - 07:57 AM

Doc hasn't been logged since December. But, I did fire off an email towards the one he had listed on his website. Hope that it works and, if it does, he comes and say something on the matter.

He's been active on the Arpia Boards a bit. Not so much now, but it wasn't too long ago when he was last active there.

Dr. Trowel was last active on the Arpia boards 308 days ago.

See, less than a year. Much more recent than here. 😛

QUOTE (LNSU @ Jul 12 2010, 05:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks guys, this topic may or ma not have served it's porpoise.

This isn't Schrödinger's topic bro. No need to be cryptic about it.