Graphics Person Needed!

Wraith Plugin

So as you may or may not know, a small group of us are putting together a new plugin giving the wraith their own large (over 40 missions) storyline. However, we have no new graphics to use. We put out the call for graphics people before, but we are nearing the end of alpha (read, probably beta within a month if we can get graphics). However, I would rather not put out a beta while you are still allied with the Miranu couriers and fighting 'aliens' from EVC.

So, I ask all you talented graphics artists to lend us a hand. We need several new ships as our top priority, but we also need a new sidebar, landing pictures, and perhaps a title screen. We do not need outfit pictures or new planets.

If anyone can assist, please PM me or post here.

I'm going to make this one more plea with this bump. I really wish I didn't have to do this, but the plugin has now entered the very final stages of Alpha and I don't want to go to beta before I at least have some ship graphics.

If nobody can lend a hand, the release of this plug will be delayed significantly...that is, until I, having never touched blender, can learn to make acceptable graphics.

So if you want to see beta sometime this year, we need someone to help us out. 😞

All I can do is recoloring and resizing. Need different colored Wraiths? Need a punk wraith that has a groovy "engine glow" aura that makes it seem to change colors? Need a blue hell-hound missile explosion? If not, I can't help very much.

How many new ships are you looking for?

I might be able to do some stuff. I don't have much experience with organic-looking models, so I wouldn't be your first choice. But if no one else comes, I'll do what I can. I would just need to know how to make a sprite.

This post has been edited by Sponge Tom : 12 October 2009 - 10:02 AM

We need at least 5 new ships. Two of them are new types of Wraith, so if worst comes to worst a recolored and resized adult would work. However, the other ones are all new species, unlike anything seen before. We will need graphics for them.

QUOTE (Jalisurr @ Oct 12 2009, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We need at least 5 new ships. Two of them are new types of Wraith, so if worst comes to worst a recolored and resized adult would work. However, the other ones are all new species, unlike anything seen before. We will need graphics for them.

Let me know what ships you're looking for (either post here or PM me) and I'll see what I can do. I'm not the most talented artist out there, and I don't have the best software by a long shot, but I'm willing to take a crack at it.

I can't do the sidebar or title screen, so hopefully somebody else will step up and tackle them.

I can take a stab at landing pics, although my knowledge of Bryce is fairly limited, so I'd prefer that somebody else do those as well.

We are looking for:

-Two new Wraith types: Warrior and Mystic. These would be larger, more powerful wraiths.
-A new allied alien, friendly to the wraith and hyperoids
-New enemy aliens, we need a large one and a smaller fighter. They need to be obviously related and menacing looking.

I'll try to get the creative talent on my team to post better descriptions of what we're looking for. Thank you very much for being willing to help out. Anything you can put together will be better than what we currently have.

great to see this finally coming together - after all the work we've invested in missions and Jalisurr has put into the workings of the plug, I'd hate to see it fail because of lack of graphics!

QUOTE (Jalisurr @ Oct 12 2009, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We are looking for:

-Two new Wraith types: Warrior and Mystic. These would be larger, more powerful wraiths.
-A new allied alien, friendly to the wraith and hyperoids
-New enemy aliens, we need a large one and a smaller fighter. They need to be obviously related and menacing looking.

I'll try to get the creative talent on my team to post better descriptions of what we're looking for. Thank you very much for being willing to help out. Anything you can put together will be better than what we currently have.

Descriptions would be great, especially for the non-Wraith ships. Some background info about the non-Wraith races would be helpful, too.

Once I have that info I'll get started.

QUOTE (albuminouslump @ Oct 13 2009, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Descriptions would be great, especially for the non-Wraith ships. Some background info about the non-Wraith races would be helpful, too.

Once I have that info I'll get started.

Albuminouslump, thanks for your help. What we need is this:

Two new Wraith ships that will need new colors. The 'Warrior' ship is a Wraith ship evolved for combat strength, while the 'Mystic' ship focuses more on psychic powers similar to the vellos. I have two ideas for how this could be done. One being more ambitious than the other. The first idea is Wraith ships that look pretty much the same, the Warrior ship would be slightly larger, glow white, and would have additional 'arms' much in the fashion of the x-wing OR splayed out to the side of the existing arms in a way that encloses them and extends beyond - much like the leaves of an artichoke. These could extend backwards behind the wraith ship as well to add a spiky look to the tail. The Mystic could look the same but instead be purple and glow purple.

The more complicated design involves making a version of the smaller Polaris dragon that has additional smaller 'wings' on the back of the ship in the same style as the 'wings' on the side of the dragon as it exists currently. This would create a sort of X that would look like: O O from a front or rear view with the center circle being the chassis.
O O

A side view might look like this: The > being the front of the ship and the ^ the bits that would connect the fins to the chassis. This version would also follow the color scheme mentioned above.

o======o
o====^^^==========>
o====^^^===o

The Sayle are another organic space creature whose name was inspired by my vision of them having solar sails on their body much like a fish or a catamaran. They would be gold in color. I had actually been watching an episode of star trek DS9 when I thought of the Sayle and based my idea off of the ship that the starbase commander and his son take a space 'sailing' trip on.

The Ymene and Swarm need to look dark red and menacing. The Swarm are smaller fighter type ships and the Ymene quite large carrier/warships. In the story they are the primary antagonists and eat both the Wraith and Sayle. We are currently using the designs of the aliens from EVC which capture the patterning I envision for the Ymene. They need to look nasty, red and hungry but I leave it up to you. The Swarm should be similar to what their name evokes, sleek, small and 'swarming'.

Of course you are the designer so use your creative imagination. I'd love to see some of your own ideas on the ships so let me know what you think of. You can reach me on the boards or at my email: silverdragon174@yahoo.com. Send us some of what you have when you have it and when our plug is a bit more refined we'll send you what we have. I still have to run the alpha myself and hear back from some of my friends who are testing it out.

Thanks again soo much! Let me know if I can help you in any way. We've been looking for a graphics designer for the better part of a year.

Best of luck

- Susurus

Susurus and Jalisurr: Sorry I've been MIA on this. Real Life's been crazy for the past few months. But I said I'd do it and should have tried harder to make time for it.

I'll get started on these tonight.

Jalisurr, Susurus. I may not be the best at graphics, but I can make you a new side bar and title screen. Don't expect any fancy-looking text like what stock EVN has for the title screen, but it will work. Think the title screen from Unity, but blended more together.

As for the side bar, do you need something entirely new, or would a redesign/re-coloring of an existing side bar work? If it's the latter, I can get something to you within the next day. If it's the former, that could take a little longer, but I think I can do it.

Something like a redesign/color of the Vell-Os sidebar should suit our needs adequately.

Thanks!

Jalisurr, you have no idea how perfect that it. I already re-colored the Vell-os side bar for one government in my TC. All I need to do now is modify that one. I'll have a side bar for you in an hour or two. I'm guessing you're looking for colors of deep blue and violet/purple, correct?

The title screen will need to wait until I have enough graphics from the actual TC to cut/paste with. Sorry for the simplicity, but that's what I can do. I'm thinking maybe the picture of the Adult Wraith attacking the pirate Argosy with some Child Wraith in the background. I'd like to add some of the Sayle, Ymene, and Swarm into the picture. Maybe make it a big battle screenshot. Tell me what you need, and I'll see what I can do.

Yeah, deep blue and purple would work fine for the Wraith, maybe a nice shade of dark red for the Ymene and Swarm (though they will not be flown by the player during the storyline, it wouldn't hurt to have a bar for completeness and in case I decide to offer a bonus ship at the end).

Alright. What about the Sayle? Should I make a side bar for them, too? It makes sense. Should it be gold or something else?

This post has been edited by darthkev : 13 January 2010 - 10:55 PM

No, Hyperoids should be gold. Sayle should be green.

Alright, here you go!

Wraith Plug Side Bars

Some of my finest work, if I do say so myself. You'll notice I made three different side bars for the Wraith. This is because the Wraith come on three colors: a sort of sky blue for the children, a more deep blue/violet for the youths, and a flurry of purple for the adults. I figured you could have each Wraith 'ship' have a different inherent government, one for children, one for youths, and one for adults. This way, the side bar changes with the 'ship' as the player 'matures' throughout the storyline.

If nothing else, though, at least you'll have a choice for which side bar you use for the Wraith.

Glad to be of help! Just send me some shots of the Sayle, Ymene, and Swarm so I can make that title screen. Oh, about the title screen, you mean the loading screen, right? Not the main menu? I suck at making buttons.

dimensions of the sidebar please?
and also what format do i save it in?

Title you want on title page and dimensions for that as well?

This post has been edited by Harts : 14 January 2010 - 09:59 AM