Pirate Dragon

An EVN reskin; someone feel up to it?

Well, as I was trying to fall asleep yesterday I had one of my nerd inspirations so I wrote down some stuff and then went back to bed.

The Pirate Dragon for EV Nova. I know nothing of how reskins work in Nova, mind, but I thought I'd throw it up here. It would basically entail changing the coloration of the polaris dragon to the characteristic black w/ white details of the Pirate faction. A white engine glow, perhaps?

I'm accessible most of the time on my email & MSN,

Spoiler

dead_granma at hotmail dot com

Its already been done.

Oh really? Where can I find it?

That's relevant to my interests.

This post has been edited by Etherguard : 04 August 2008 - 12:44 PM

What do you mean, of doom? I've never heard of that having been done. Link?

I can do the full re-coloration part, and maybe the ship as well. I'll come back later with results.

By the way, how should it be armed?

EDIT: I have made some recolored sprites, and I've uploaded them here. They can be viewed only in Mission Computer right now, as they're just re-colored sprites, and I didn't even bother changing the resource IDs to overwrite the Polaris Dragon sprites in Nova.

This post has been edited by Geek : 05 August 2008 - 12:40 AM

It's actually not bad. I think by adding two Hellhound tubes and an Ion Cannon to the tip of the Dragon, it'll look pretty good. You might also want to change the Polaris logo to one that pirates might use.

Hmm.. I use Vista, and EVNEW for making plugins, so I won't be able to view it atm, then.

That said, I've made a couple classes of the Pirate Dragon. One light 'Hunter Seeker Class', one fairly speedy 'Assault Carrier Class', and a heavy 'Battlecruiser Class'. If you want to see them, tell me and I'll PM/email you them.

Another idea I had is a Pirate BioRelay laser for the ship. Basically, it would have an altered graphic: instead of a red beam with a white core, it would be a black beam with a white core. Could look neat. The damage would be slightly lower than the standard BRL, perhaps, for balance.

@etherguard, on Aug 5 2008, 06:19 AM, said in Pirate Dragon:

Another idea I had is a Pirate BioRelay laser for the ship. Basically, it would have an altered graphic: instead of a red beam with a white core, it would be a black beam with a white core. Could look neat. The damage would be slightly lower than the standard BRL, perhaps, for balance.

Maybe Olaf could use some of the IPC's technology and combine it with the Pirate BRL, so that it would be able to ionize targeted vessels.

@king_of_manticores, on Aug 5 2008, 07:13 PM, said in Pirate Dragon:

Maybe Olaf could use some of the IPC's technology and combine it with the Pirate BRL, so that it would be able to ionize targeted vessels.

That, my friend, is awesome. 😊

Olaf for king.

@king_of_manticores, on Aug 5 2008, 03:56 PM, said in Pirate Dragon:

It's actually not bad. I think by adding two Hellhound tubes and an Ion Cannon to the tip of the Dragon, it'll look pretty good. You might also want to change the Polaris logo to one that pirates might use.

The pirates don't even have a logo. They just paint everything black and remodel it.

@geek, on Aug 5 2008, 02:22 PM, said in Pirate Dragon:

The pirates don't even have a logo. They just paint everything black and remodel it.

Hmm. Would asking you to remove the logo be too much?

Probably it would be. Photoshopping something out is much more difficult than putting something in. But I'll give it a try.

I always thought the pink droplet was the cockpit. Silly me.

Okay, I've got the markings mostly removed (you can tell something's there if you specifically look), but it also affected the rest of the craft, making it more blurry and organic looking. I don't know if this is what you're looking for, as it doesn't seem to fit the Pirate theme, but it is what it is. Here it is.

Alright, thanks. Now I just need to figure out how to put this all together...

Anyone feel up to doing the Pirate Biorelay Laser graphic? 🙂

it has already been done i think it was in the black hole pirates plugin.

Okay, one PBRL coming up! You can fiddle with the damage and range.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File PBRL.zip (317bytes)
    Number of downloads: 7

Great. I've made some headway with implementing the Pirate Dragon, however, I've run into a snag... The game keeps crashing right after the load bar pops up. It says "Assertion failure! Nova will now quit. The failure occured here: Sprite.c 1665". It happens whether I have mods in or no... I'll keep trying to fix it. I think it might have something to do with me reinstalling the game in order to get fresh files (one error was caused when I mistakenly edited a Nova file). Sorry guys.

Edit: Fixed it. Back on track for finishing the plugin. Hmm. I need a small & big shipyard picture. I think I could do it myself with a little fiddling in paint.net. But how do I extract the image from the nova files? And how do I put images into plugins? Sorry to bother y'all with noob questions.

Edit2: 0101, I can't seem to be able to extract your zip. Did you use the plugin archiver thingy? If not, try that. I'm on windows so I can't expand normal mac archives, I think.

This post has been edited by Etherguard : 06 August 2008 - 05:08 PM

Re noob questions; Don't bother with being embarrassed! This forum is about helping all plug developers out, if we were n00b haters here then we'd be out of business.

I can't help you with anything else, though, because I don't use EVNEW. Sorry.