[ATTN] CTC – Capital Ships Is Ready For Sounds And Graphics!

CTC-Capital Ships is at the point where I feel it safe to make a call to all the Graphic and Sound Artists on the EVDC for graphics and sounds, respectively. Kazoos! CTC-C is still in Alpha, but it's extremely close to beta, I dare say. It's gotten to the point where I could make more progress if graphics were coming in alongside programming duties than without them.

Here's what I need for graphics, thus far: (these numbers may fluctuate)

20 Outfit graphics

1 ship*

9 weapon sprites (Blaster sprites, missile sprites and such)

PM me an email, and I start sending you sounds. In the mean time, check out my link in my sig, and see if any of those sounds will work for you. The mechanical gun sounds are all repeated in the recordings, but I will furnish single-shot sounds of them on request. Just make sure I get a përs in the plug. 🙂

EDIT: Oops, I see the email. Silly me.

This post has been edited by Geek : 25 July 2008 - 06:32 PM

There's one problem with the sounds on your site: none of them have file extensions and won't work, even after attaching one. (I assume you use mp3 compression?)

Odd. Well, I'll see what I can do to fix that. They used to work just fine.

EDIT: For now, I deleted all those files and replaced them with a ZIP archive of all of them that I have verified works. 🙂 If I'm bored enough later, I'll archive each sound individually.

This post has been edited by Geek : 25 July 2008 - 07:07 PM

@jacabyte, on Jul 25 2008, 04:39 PM, said in [ATTN] CTC – Capital Ships Is Ready For Sounds And Graphics!:

There's one problem with the sounds on your site: none of them have file extensions and won't work, even after attaching one. (I assume you use mp3 compression?)

The lack of file extensions is because they were created on a Mac, which doesn't use doesn't use extensions to keep track of things. You have no way of knowing that they were mp3s. In my experiences recreating the file extension usually works fine. I'd check it out myself. but the file(s) disappeared.
Edit: looks like the zip appeared again.
Edit2: they aren't the most space-like sounds I've heard. Also, the sound level seems too quiet compared to my system. Maybe that's just me, though. Odd that they were mp3s.

This post has been edited by Nonconventionally Creative : 25 July 2008 - 07:15 PM

There's one problem with that theory; I am on a Mac. Wouldn't the files appear normally if they had been made on a Mac as well?

@jacabyte, on Jul 25 2008, 05:30 PM, said in [ATTN] CTC – Capital Ships Is Ready For Sounds And Graphics!:

There's one problem with that theory; I am on a Mac. Wouldn't the files appear normally if they had been made on a Mac as well?

Not if the server is not a Mac. It could lose the data that way.
But my theory was debunked by the files being mp3 anyway.

I think box.net screwed my Mp3's up.

And yes, I need to amplify them, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

If you hear a sound you sort of like, but needs improvement, please let me know, and I'll work on it.

You shouldn't be using mp3s anyway - leave them uncompressed as aiff (or wav if you must).

I can probably do some pretty good laser graphics. I did a couple, and one of them turned out really well. They aren't 3-d, but look just fine. Also, I do have a lot of free time for the next couple weeks, so that shouldn't be a huge factor. Email me if that's okay with you (remember, PM doesn't work with me :(), and I'll start making some.

You're talking about weapon sprites and not outfit pics, correct?

Yeah. I can do those, too, if you don't mind really bad quality, un-rendered graphics.

Uh, I didn't understand that...

The following are yes or no questions:

1. Can you make weapons sprites?

2. Can you make outfit picts?

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 29 July 2008 - 03:32 PM

1. Yes, but mostly for energy weapons.
2. Yes, if you don't mind really bad quality without rendering.

Is the first post up-to-date with what you've got/need?

I might want to throw in an item or two...

Yes, I haven't gotten anything since I started this topic, so it's safe to say it's up to date.

If you're going to "throw in an item or two," please do so. 🙂 Tell me what these items might be as well, so I can send you the official List of Doom.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 30 July 2008 - 10:02 AM

I have an old capital ship that you can use. I'd like to texture it a little more up to my current standards, and I can modify it like you see fit, but I'm not going to use it for anything. This is it in it's current stage:

Attached File frigate.jpg (68.44K)
Number of downloads: 49

I'm afraid that it's not what I had in mind for any of the capital ships. I have specific ship designs in mind and I'd like to scan sketches into a computer before anybody makes ships for CTC-C. Your ship doesn't fit the bill. 😞

@jacabyte, on Jul 30 2008, 09:04 PM, said in [ATTN] CTC – Capital Ships Is Ready For Sounds And Graphics!:

I'm afraid that it's not what I had in mind for any of the capital ships. I have specific ship designs in mind and I'd like to scan sketches into a computer before anybody makes ships for CTC-C. Your ship doesn't fit the bill. 😞

Oh, well.

Anyway, I retextured it (holy cow, I used to make things difficult for myself). Maybe I'll use it for something. I'll attach the re-texture, just in case you change your mind.

Attached File frigate1test2.jpg (99.68K)
Number of downloads: 50

Dang Crusader... now you're gonna make my attempt look bad. Anyway here's my attempt even though you said you want ships to be a certain way, but you posted that after I had started on this, so here it is anyway.

Posted Image

And yes I know, the texture needs work, but I did it in 2 hours so it still it just a concept.

This post has been edited by EVWeb : 24 September 2009 - 05:27 PM