new ships

I can't remember specifically, but this question came up on the Nova boards. The bit in question is a lot of 0s and 1 I think. It's like 000000000001 or something. That's the bit that allows you to purchase physical outfits which Vell-os ships don't have.

Something like that. I'll check and come back.

@oryhara, on Jun 20 2008, 04:16 PM, said in new ships:

I fixed it!!! now all I have to do is the graphics and incorporate them into nova! Woo hoo! Only 99% left!

what are the weapon bits? I need a file that I can open with my Linux machine. (NOT A STUFFIT (.SIT or .HQX or .BIN)

@g-spark, on Jun 20 2008, 04:17 PM, said in new ships:

I can't remember specifically, but this question came up on the Nova boards. The bit in question is a lot of 0s and 1 I think. It's like 000000000001 or something. That's the bit that allows you to purchase physical outfits which Vell-os ships don't have.

Something like that. I'll check and come back.

I figured it out. 800000000000000001

@nonconventionally-creative, on Jun 17 2008, 07:11 PM, said in Making a ship using EVNEW?:

Did you make sure contribute Bit 1 is set? (0000000000000001)

@david-arthur, on Jun 17 2008, 07:47 PM, said in Making a ship using EVNEW?:

To elaborate, in the game's default scenario, every outfitter item that represents a physical item requires bit 1, and every ship contributes bit 1, except for the Vell-os ships. This is how the game prevents you from installing physical upgrades when you're flying a Vell-os mind-ship.

Good. I'm glad you got everything figured out.

Here's just a little elaboration.

Ooh, this reminds me of something I need to do.

@g-spark, on Jun 20 2008, 04:36 PM, said in new ships:

Good. I'm glad you got everything figured out.

Here's just a little elaboration.

Ooh, this reminds me of something I need to do.

Someone tell me the weapon numbers for fed weps to standardize a ship with!

This post has been edited by oryhara : 20 June 2008 - 03:50 PM

I look in Nova Data 4, which has the weapons, and it looks like b78 is the one that allows you to buy Fed weapons. However, there appear to be various Require bits as well.

@nonconventionally-creative, on Jun 20 2008, 04:47 PM, said in new ships:

I look in Nova Data 4, which has the weapons, and it looks like b78 is the one that allows you to buy Fed weapons. However, there appear to be various Require bits as well.

Sorry. I meant, when you make a evnew ship, it asks what id number the outfits are that the ship is initially equipped with.

This post has been edited by oryhara : 20 June 2008 - 06:57 PM

@g-spark, on Jun 20 2008, 01:17 PM, said in new ships:

G-Spark, there's another way of saying it so that things are much easier. The name of the bit is known as Contribute Bit A5. 😉 It'll be helpful when someone asks about why they can't buy outfits for their developed ship.

On Windows it is we don't have our bits in a letter-number grid, only bits 1-64 in sequence, with bit 64 most significant. How does bit 1 become A5?

@king_of_manticores, on Jun 20 2008, 09:17 PM, said in new ships:

G-Spark, there's another way of saying it so that things are much easier. The name of the bit is known as Contribute Bit A5. 😉 It'll be helpful when someone asks about why they can't buy outfits for their developed ship.

What are the id numbers of all the fed/fedcivillian ontfits? My new line will be equipped with them, as they will be parallel to sigma and will be warring with each other........ Cant someone respond to my question? If you want to argue, do it in email, not a forum.

This post has been edited by oryhara : 20 June 2008 - 08:28 PM

Go into the Nova Data Files. You can open them in MissionComputer, or whatever you use. I believe it's file 4. Has all the wëaps and oütfs. (I don't bother with that. I long ago made a copy of all the files and re-named them with the contents. Really helpful.)

@0101181920, on Jun 20 2008, 09:54 PM, said in new ships:

Go into the Nova Data Files. You can open them in MissionComputer, or whatever you use. I believe it's file 4. Has all the wëaps and oütfs. (I don't bother with that. I long ago made a copy of all the files and re-named them with the contents. Really helpful.)

Thank you very much. Graphics are my only obstacle now!

@oryhara, on Jun 21 2008, 07:35 AM, said in new ships:

Thank you very much. Graphics are my only obstacle now!

Good news everyone! I've managed to replace existing graphics with new weps and specs. Email me within 10 minutes to get plugins with no bugs with fairly unbalanced and souped up ships, or wait until the morning.

@nonconventionally-creative, on Jun 20 2008, 06:23 PM, said in new ships:

On Windows it is we don't have our bits in a letter-number grid, only bits 1-64 in sequence, with bit 64 most significant. How does bit 1 become A5?

Oops... I merely assumed EVNEW had this ability too. My bad...

@oryhara, on Jun 20 2008, 06:26 PM, said in new ships:

Cant someone respond to my question? If you want to argue, do it in email, not a forum.

That wasn't arguing. I was suggesting to G-Spark that there was an easier way to say it, but then I recently found out that it'd be best to say it the harder way for those with EVNEW.

@king_of_manticores, on Jun 22 2008, 11:07 PM, said in new ships:

Oops... I merely assumed EVNEW had this ability too. My bad...
That wasn't arguing. I was suggesting to G-Spark that there was an easier way to say it, but then I recently found out that it'd be best to say it the harder way for those with EVNEW.

Okay. I jumped to conclusions, then. PLEASE CHECK MY OTHER TOPIC IN EV DEVELOPERS SECTION. It's a matter of life and death for my sc (semi conversion).

This post has been edited by oryhara : 23 June 2008 - 10:47 AM