MissionComputer 4.0 second alpha now available

@david-arthur, on Nov 12 2007, 01:59 PM, said in MissionComputer 4.0 second alpha now available:

?

I had reported a bug and then discovered you'd already fixed it.

So, when is this coming out? Any idea?

@guy, on Nov 13 2007, 09:02 PM, said in MissionComputer 4.0 second alpha now available:

vers resource data isn't stored correctly
DITL editor doesn't work without Rosetta 😞

Can you give me more details about what goes wrong with these?

@shlimazel, on Nov 14 2007, 11:59 AM, said in MissionComputer 4.0 second alpha now available:

So, when is this coming out? Any idea?

‘Coming out’ is fluid — I’ll release the next alpha as soon as I have time to package it, with maybe one or two more things added in response to recent discussions.

On second look, the vers is only a problem without Rosetta. The Version, Build and Release type show incorrect values.
For DITLs I get the toolbar thing down the side but the middle of the window is just a giant grey nothing, with scrollbars stretching away endlessly.
I'm guessing these are both caused by some missing byte swaps?

Also, for DITLs, would it be possible to make the size of the window fit the size of the dialog when you open them?

Um... help?

This post has been edited by Guy : 28 March 2008 - 08:15 PM

@guy, on Nov 14 2007, 06:33 PM, said in MissionComputer 4.0 second alpha now available:

On second look, the vers is only a problem without Rosetta. The Version, Build and Release type show incorrect values.
For DITLs I get the toolbar thing down the side but the middle of the window is just a giant grey nothing, with scrollbars stretching away endlessly.
I'm guessing these are both caused by some missing byte swaps?

Thanks, IÂ’ll take a look at these.

@guy, on Nov 14 2007, 06:33 PM, said in MissionComputer 4.0 second alpha now available:

Also, for DITLs, would it be possible to make the size of the window fit the size of the dialog when you open them?

Maybe — window sizes are a nuisance, but they’ve improved recently as a result of other work.

Attachment Picture_5.png
Um... help?

ThatÂ’s a bug in Confirm() that IÂ’ve already fixed in response to one of your other reports.

Guy: Does the problem with the DITL editor still occur if you delete or renumber the associated DLOG resource?

Yes, it does. The editor shows a couple of thousand items in every DITL, if that helps.

Wow, a lot has happened since I last saw Mission Computer. I just got finished reading through the post, but when I reached the end, the last post was from like 3 weeks ago. How far along is the 4.0 version and what's currently being worrked on?

@ev-wolf, on Dec 7 2007, 11:12 AM, said in MissionComputer 4.0 second alpha now available:

How far along is the 4.0 version and what's currently being worrked on?

No major new features since a2, but lots of little corrections — I intend to release a new alpha as soon as I’ve had time to fix a few of the things reported here.