Spin my grafix

I have a couple hundred drawings of ships and planets lined up. I was wondering if
there was an easyer way of spinning them than just turning each and every one in
photoshop to get the correct angles?

No. You must make the 30 or 36 images you requre for your ships and use SpinApp4 to make a spin image. From there, you can import that spin into a rëlD resource in a program like Mission Computer.

The basis of spins is to put the entire ship's animation in one image, but only part of it is displayed at every frame. When the ship turns or banks, a different grid section of the overall image is displayed, but the dozens of others are not even processed by the cpu for more than a couple passes. Imagine this:
Ship facing up ---Ship turning ----Turning more ---3 More Turning Steps
X ()()()()()()() ()X ()()()()()() ()()()()()X ()() ()()()()()()()()
()()()()()()()() ()()()()()()()() ()()()()()()()() X ()()()()()()()
()()()()()()()() ()()()()()()()() ()()()()()()()() ()()()()()()()()

You could try SpinApp4. It seems to work well enough. But other than that, no I can't think of a way.

(Edit): Grr... Beaten. Thats what I get for wandering off to do something right before posting...

This post has been edited by WonderBoy : 18 December 2006 - 12:39 PM

Wait so what exactly does this SpinApp4 do? If I already have to do all of
the spinning my self then what is there left to do?

SpinApp can make a spin from one image if you want, or it can combine all the images that have already been rotated into a spin.

So basically, it can take a single image of a ship, and do all the rotating for you and combine it into a spin.

Or it can take multiple images which are images of the ship rotated and combine them into a single image.

Also, if you have an alpha channel in the image, it can extract a mask.

Ah ok, see thats what I was looking for. Thank you.

However I just downloaded it and I can't seem to run in. I'm on an OS 9
computer at the moment. It says that it can't find the application to run it.
Any ideas on what I need to download for it to work?

You need a Java Applet runner. OSX has one built in, and I thought OS9 did too, but I guess not.

Mac OS 9 does, but it doesn't have a new enough version of Java to run my program unfortunately.

You need Mac OS 10.3 in order to run SpinApp, because Java 1.4 doesn't run on anything less.

This post has been edited by EVWeb : 18 December 2006 - 03:57 PM

Oh well, no worries. Thanks anyways. I'll just do everything in little steps. :s

@sp3cies, on Dec 20 2006, 08:25 AM, said in Spin my grafix:

Oh well, no worries. Thanks anyways. I'll just do everything in little steps. :s

If you really have a couple hundred drawings, you may want to look into scripting Photoshop to save yourself some steps. Look up "Actions" or "Automating Tasks" in Photoshop's help.